Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a post on Slick Deals stating that someone played the Looper game again and earned points. Thought I'd give it a second round and guess what? It worked! Scored another 250 points. :D

Under your account, click Earn Rewards > Ways to Earn > Looper.

[quote name='evergoo']Saw a post on Slick Deals stating that someone played the Looper game again and earned points. Thought I'd give it a second round and guess what? It worked! Scored another 250 points. :D

Under your account, click Earn Rewards > Ways to Earn > Looper.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I can also confirm that this Video+ webpage does work on my account again (used it once before when Looper was in theaters). I'm thinking it's working again as a way to re-promote the movie as it's now on DVD and Bluray. This movie has been a nice point-earner for me...especially since I uploaded two movie tickets for points too :)

[quote name='mitch079']Were the PSN cards always Sony card members only?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure. it's been like that as long as i can remember. if you have a playstation, you should get the sony playstation card.

[quote name='mitch079']Were the PSN cards always Sony card members only?[/QUOTE]

The PSN/SEN cards used to be available to anyone with a Sony Rewards account, not just Sony/PlayStation card owners. It seems that Sony was starting to catch on to people taking advantage of the account/points system though to get free monies for PSN :/

Anybody get the following message when trying to register codes?

"Oops. You have reached the maximum number of discs registrations."

I haven't registered any codes this month and whenever I try to register one I get the above message.

Yeah I get it too. I'm not sure if there's really any hard rule as to how often you can redeem the codes, or at least, no one has figured it out exactly. It might be a certain number within a 30 day period rather than calendar months for instance

the "retake" looper video got me 30 points (15 for the video + 15 for the share). Looks like they fixed the glitch... still, 30 extra points isn't too bad

[quote name='Teujip']the "retake" looper video got me 30 points (15 for the video + 15 for the share). Looks like they fixed the glitch... still, 30 extra points isn't too bad[/QUOTE]

I discovered that myself. Was going to get the 250 points again (got it once before) but never got around to doing it til now. Oh well. Time to register some more discs! :applause::applause:

I only got 2500, some people on SD are showing 5000, so i have no idea how they set these up. I do have a Sony visa card, and hav a bunch of points, and have made a large purchase on the site in the last 6 months, so I'm interested to see who got offered what.

I have not used my card to make a purchase in 3-4 years. Have got my points from the bonus games they used to have. Now it's just the Wheel 10 pointer.

I got redeem 2500 pts, get 2500 pts -- excludes gift cards so not sure what I'll buy

Offer Details: Offer available from 1/7/13‑1/31/13. To qualify you must enroll in the 2,500 Bonus Points Offer on www.SonyRewards.com. Once enrolled, if you are an active Sony Card member in good standing, and you redeem 2,500 points for any Sony electronics music, movies, PlayStation item (excludes all Gift Cards and movie tickets) within the Sony Rewards online catalog between 1/7/13‑1/31/13, you will qualify for the 2,500 Bonus Points Offer. Only one 2,500 Bonus Points Offer will be awarded per Sony Card member. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Reward points redemptions before 1/7/13 are not eligible for this 2,500 Bonus Points Offer. The 2,500 points will be awarded 4‑6 weeks after the promotional period has ended. Excludes Purchase Credit Requests. Products featured in this email are subject to availability and may be replaced with comparable products. Discounted price is already reflected in the Rewards Catalog price. Must be logged in as a Sony Card member to view Insider Specials and discounted pricing.

[quote name='JaTaN']I got redeem 2500 pts, get 2500 pts -- excludes gift cards so not sure what I'll buy

Offer Details: Offer available from 1/7/13‑1/31/13. To qualify you must enroll in the 2,500 Bonus Points Offer on www.SonyRewards.com. Once enrolled, if you are an active Sony Card member in good standing, and you redeem 2,500 points for any Sony electronics music, movies, PlayStation item (excludes all Gift Cards and movie tickets) within the Sony Rewards online catalog between 1/7/13‑1/31/13, you will qualify for the 2,500 Bonus Points Offer. Only one 2,500 Bonus Points Offer will be awarded per Sony Card member. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Reward points redemptions before 1/7/13 are not eligible for this 2,500 Bonus Points Offer. The 2,500 points will be awarded 4‑6 weeks after the promotional period has ended. Excludes Purchase Credit Requests. Products featured in this email are subject to availability and may be replaced with comparable products. Discounted price is already reflected in the Rewards Catalog price. Must be logged in as a Sony Card member to view Insider Specials and discounted pricing.[/QUOTE]

ah good catch, i was about to buy a $50 sony store gift card. i wonder if psn cards qualify as gift cards, as they show up under Playstation and not Gift Cards. I'm sure I'd have to get into it with CS because seemingly nothing ever goes right when i use that freakin site.

[quote name='JaTaN']Make sure you guys go to www.sonyrewards.com and register for whatever offer that shows up for you before you redeem the pts -- you are NOT automatically registered[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing any offer appear when I login, nor did I get any emails about the bonus 2500 or 5000 points yet :/ Guess maybe Sony noticed that I already got extra points with the Looper video+ twice? :p

[quote name='nabor605']I'm not seeing any offer appear when I login, nor did I get any emails about the bonus 2500 or 5000 points yet :/ Guess maybe Sony noticed that I already got extra points with the Looper video+ twice? :p[/QUOTE]

It will be in the bottom section in the center panel. There are 3 different pages. Mine said 2500.

Did this back in March for $50 PSN credit. Was about to do that again but just saw this:

"Offer excludes all Gift Cards, Movie Tickets, PlayStation®Plus Subscriptions, and PlayStation® Network Codes."

[quote name='gambit444']I just pulled the trigger on PS+ sub. can't get a better price then this. mine was "spend 2500 get 2500"[/QUOTE]

PS+ subscriptions are excluded from the offer.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']PS+ subscriptions are excluded from the offer.[/QUOTE]

I lol'd.. it was in the post above his!

Don't see anything about this offer in my account, but its just as well since the only thing I would want is PSN codes.

[quote name='gambit444']I just pulled the trigger on PS+ sub. can't get a better price then this. mine was "spend 2500 get 2500"[/QUOTE]

Got this same offer. Ended using 3000 pts for the Journey Collectors edition.

On a whim I applied for the Playstation card a few days ago (the deal for $50 PSN and a year of PS+ was still atthe link I used) and was approved, thanks to this thread I already have 400+ points and didn't even get the card yet...so thanks...

Okay, Im new to the sony rewards..but 3 weeks ago I purchased a vita from the sony store and they sent me an email to register and I didnt.. Now Im going to cal today to get my points.. is there a special going on with the points? Also what doe you redeem points for, Thanks for the help

[quote name='vince726']Okay, Im new to the sony rewards..but 3 weeks ago I purchased a vita from the sony store and they sent me an email to register and I didnt.. Now Im going to cal today to get my points.. is there a special going on with the points? Also what doe you redeem points for, Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

You would likely do well to read the first post in this thread as it gives you a pretty good idea of what is going on and how to earn points. All in all this is Sony's loyalty program similar to Disney Movie Rewards or My Coke Rewards - enter codes, get points, use points to get stuff. While a little annoying how they limit entry of codes, it is pretty easy to get a decent amount of points and they can be used in the Sony Store as well as through the rewards site.

[quote name='Zantetzuken']Blood & Bone (DVD) - 29764LIT
Grown Ups (DVD) - 35014LIT[/QUOTE]

Those two titles aren't on the list of registered movies....and the codes aren't valid :/

bread's done
Back