Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doodmandood']Tweet or call them and tell them to fix it.

It's lame and scares new people away.[/QUOTE]

I agree - what if you just got a new blu ray player and are stocking up on BD movies? Instead of creating a program that is somewhat resistant to being abused they make it onerous to participate.

All of this said, I was able to enter another 3 codes today (entered 3 codes yesterday). Won't know until tomorrow, but maybe it is 3 per day or week as opposed to 3 per month.

[quote name='wbc1228']ouch, can sony make this card even worse?
(probably, next month, the limit will probably be three discs per decade)[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sony should make every code one-time use only to shut people like you up. We should be grateful that the system allows us to pretty much get something for nothing. Plus, you should direct your anger at the losers, some probably in this thread, who abused that system to make multiple accounts with these multi-use codes to harvest $10 PSN codes. The timing of those two things are not a coincidence. The system as it is is flawed in my opinion, but they obviously are aware of the fact that the codes are multi-use and have not changed it. At the same time, they also extended a hand of good faith, hoping it wouldn't get abused to the extent that it likely has.. I'd say the same kind of thing happened with PSN Game sharing, and the abuse of that good faith eventually forced Sony's hand to limit that. Sony gets the hate, but it's the bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I was able to enter another 3 codes today (entered 3 codes yesterday). Won't know until tomorrow, but maybe it is 3 per day or week as opposed to 3 per month.[/QUOTE]

I was able to enter three codes on Friday, Saturday and Monday but not Sunday. Not sure why I couldn't enter codes on Sunday - maybe it wasn't a full 24 hours when I tried - but it looks like three per day and not three per month. At least for now...

[quote name='slowdive21']I was able to do 3 more today (Ghost rider)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to enter any yesterday and only one today. Still better than three per month, but it seems pretty inconsistent.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I was able to enter three codes on Friday, Saturday and Monday but not Sunday. Not sure why I couldn't enter codes on Sunday - maybe it wasn't a full 24 hours when I tried - but it looks like three per day and not three per month. At least for now...[/QUOTE]

It has been about a week since I could enter any new codes. It is weird, but for most of a week I could enter 3 codes a day and now I have not been able to enter any for the following week.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I wasn't able to enter any yesterday and only one today. Still better than three per month, but it seems pretty inconsistent.[/QUOTE]

Still says three per month. We need to band together and make them change it back.

I talked to @SonySupportUSA on Twitter about it and here was what they said:

"I'm not sure why they have it setup like that but I will pass this along to their team in hopes of a future change. -Amanda J"

It's atleast a response. If more people bring attention to it they might change it.

If they can get it to work right, I would have no problems with a three-per-day limit. That would cut down on people creating fake accounts. Three-per-month, though, that is too restricted.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this one, too.

I was able to enter three more codes today. This is a month from when I entered my first code (8/17) but the last code entered prior to today was 8/22 and I was allowed to enter 10 codes during that week. Just glad I was able to enter more than three codes!

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I was able to enter three more codes today. This is a month from when I entered my first code (8/17) but the last code entered prior to today was 8/22 and I was allowed to enter 10 codes during that week. Just glad I was able to enter more than three codes![/QUOTE]

I was able to enter three more codes today - three days since my last codes! That makes 16 codes in just over a month - much better than only three codes per month. Unfortunately I cannot discern a pattern as to when I can enter them. Guess I will just keeping trying regularly.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I was able to enter three more codes today - three days since my last codes! That makes 16 codes in just over a month - much better than only three codes per month. Unfortunately I cannot discern a pattern as to when I can enter them. Guess I will just keeping trying regularly.[/QUOTE]

I could enter another 3 codes today! Not sure what the pattern is, but glad I can keep entering more than 3 per month.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5

(credit: Blu-ray.com)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Looper thing to actually translate into points? I went through the whole vid answered every question...then nothing. Clicking the Facebook link also did nothing for points.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Is anyone else having trouble getting the Looper thing to actually translate into points? I went through the whole vid answered every question...then nothing. Clicking the Facebook link also did nothing for points.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem and finally just gave up after numerous tries on two computers with two different accounts.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Is anyone else having trouble getting the Looper thing to actually translate into points? I went through the whole vid answered every question...then nothing. Clicking the Facebook link also did nothing for points.[/QUOTE]
Worked ok for me earlier this week. Points posted right away on the account, if I remember well

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I had the same problem and finally just gave up after numerous tries on two computers with two different accounts.[/QUOTE]
Make sure you watch the directors "speech" after you answer all of the questions and watch the trailer. I figured that out after the second time.

[quote name='anderson4145']Make sure you watch the directors "speech" after you answer all of the questions and watch the trailer. I figured that out after the second time.[/QUOTE]

Huzzah! That did the trick! I am a little embarassed that I didn't try that previously.

Is there a limit to how many codes you can enter in a month. I entered 7 and have tried to enter codes the past 2 days but can't because it says I reached my limit.

[quote name='anderson4145']Is there a limit to how many codes you can enter in a month. I entered 7 and have tried to enter codes the past 2 days but can't because it says I reached my limit.[/QUOTE]

I would try daily as I have had periods of time where I could enter 1-3 every couple days and then would go a couple weeks without beingh able to enter anything. I have never had to wait an entire month between being able to enter codes though.

The three per month limit doesn't impact other point opportunities like movie tickets, the Wheel Of Fortune Game (10 points per weekday with puzzle answers here) or the Looper interactive trailer.

i just recently signed up for sony rewards a month ago and with all the promos from looper,spider-man,and by entering DVD codes (thanks to all of you) i've got almost 900 points.
i'm hoping to save up for a game.

also anybody know were the 10 dollar PSN code offer is??? the one that isn't a cardholder only one. or did they change it???

[quote name='Chemicalgamer01']i just recently signed up for sony rewards a month ago and with all the promos from looper,spider-man,and by entering DVD codes (thanks to all of you) i've got almost 900 points.
i'm hoping to save up for a game.

also anybody know were the 10 dollar PSN code offer is??? the one that isn't a cardholder only one. or did they change it???[/QUOTE]

All I can find is that it is "cardmember exclusive".

Thanks ssjmichael.

@doodmandood: you can go to "My account>View my transactions"and it should show the amount of points expiring the earliest (with the date).

[quote name='Teujip']Thanks ssjmichael.

@doodmandood: you can go to "My account>View my transactions"and it should show the amount of points expiring the earliest (with the date).[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Just checked and I have 4k points expiring at the end of the year. Guess I should figure out what to buy.

[quote name='Teujip']Thanks ssjmichael.

@doodmandood: you can go to "My account>View my transactions"and it should show the amount of points expiring the earliest (with the date).[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak overall. I started entering in August and ALL of my points expire in March. First you can only enter three codes a month and now you only get a little over half a year to enter and use them. Hopefully there will be something worthwhile when it gets closer to expiration.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']Pretty weak overall. I started entering in August and ALL of my points expire in March. First you can only enter three codes a month and now you only get a little over half a year to enter and use them. Hopefully there will be something worthwhile when it gets closer to expiration.[/QUOTE]
You'll need a Sony credit card if you want more time to use them

Do my Sony Rewards points expire?
Yes. However, if you have a Sony Card or PlayStation®Card, an extended expiration date is one of your advantages. Here are the details:
• If you don't have a Sony Card / PlayStation®Card: You earn Sony Rewards points on a calendar year basis. You can use your points at any time during the year they were earned and also for an additional three-month period in the following year. This means your points from the previous calendar year expire on March 31.
For example, let's say you earn 10,000 Sony Rewards points in 2012. You use 5,000 of your points before the end of December, leaving 5,000 points unused at the start of 2013. You will have until March 31, 2013, to use the remaining 5,000 points that you earned in 2012. And, if you wish, you can combine these points with the points you earn from January to March 2013. At the end of March 2013, your unused Sony Rewards points from 2012 will expire — but any points you have earned in 2013 can still be used throughout the year 2013 and also for an additional three months in 2014.
• If you have a Sony Card/PlayStation®Card: As a cardmember, your Sony Rewards points will expire 5 years from the end of the month in which they were earned. Points are redeemed on a first in/first out basis, so you have plenty of time to select the Sony Rewards item that interests you most.

Thanks for this thread, I need to get a $10 PSN card and redeeming a few movie codes plus the Looper trailer just made it a few bucks cheaper.

I added two small items to the OP, a note about only being able to redeem 3 codes per month and about the Looper promotion. I added these because I found out about both of them digging through the thread, and I think they could be very useful to thread newbies like me in the future. Please feel free to remove/edit them if you see fit.

Did you do the Spiderman promotion as well? Page 6 I think. It's hidden but you should get 250 points.

Also, unless you have a Playstation credit card you can't get the PSN money.

[quote name='doodmandood']Did you do the Spiderman promotion as well? Page 6 I think. It's hidden but you should get 250 points.

Also, unless you have a Playstation credit card you can't get the PSN money.[/QUOTE]

I did not do the Spiderman one before, but I did now and got another 250 points. Another $2.50 towards my next PSN Card purchase! Many many thanks! (I've also added it to the OP).

And I do have a Playstation Credit Card, I just got it from this most recent promotion of free $50 PSN Credit and a free year of PS+ for signing up.

[quote name='doodmandood']Did you do the Spiderman promotion as well? Page 6 I think. It's hidden but you should get 250 points.[/QUOTE]

I had missed this one as well - thanks for the reminder!

bread's done
Back