Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for other Sony Card holders...

Today I had some points post that were labeled "Bonus points from Card Holiday Campaign"; anybody know what promotion this was for?

The Spiderman game doesn't work for me. The stupid Unity 3d web player downloads and installs but when I try to load the game it says failed to update.

and the 1point for movies thing is such BS.

Finally got my 500 from music trial and I was able to register discs for the full 45(br or 30 dvd) for card holders and not 1 like some were reporting

It says my points going to expire at the end of this month.... whaaaaaat? so fast?
The points accrued in a calendar year expire 3 months from the end of that year. In years past the points were marked as expiring but didn't end up disappearing at the end of March. That said, with the changes in the program I wouldn't bank on them being around after the 31st.

More info from the FAQ on the Sony Rewards website:

Do my Sony Rewards points expire?

Yes. However, if you have a Sony Card or PlayStation®Card, an extended expiration date is one of your advantages. Here are the details:

• If you don't have a Sony Card / PlayStation®Card: You earn Sony Rewards points on a calendar year basis. You can use your points at any time during the year they were earned and also for an additional three-month period in the following year. This means your points from the previous calendar year expire on March 31.
    For example, let's say you earn 10,000 Sony Rewards points in 2012. You use 5,000 of your points before the end of December, leaving 5,000 points unused at the start of 2013. You will have until March 31, 2013, to use the remaining 5,000 points that you earned in 2012. And, if you wish, you can combine these points with the points you earn from January to March 2013. At the end of March 2013, your unused Sony Rewards points from 2012 will expire — but any points you have earned in 2013 can still be used throughout the year 2013 and also for an additional three months in 2014.
  • If you have a Sony Card/PlayStation®Card: As a cardmember, your Sony Rewards points will expire 5 years from the end of the month in which they were earned. Points are redeemed on a first in/first out basis, so you have plenty of time to select the Sony Rewards item that interests you most.
For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.

The Spiderman game doesn't work for me. The stupid Unity 3d web player downloads and installs but when I try to load the game it says failed to update.

and the 1point for movies thing is such BS.
Try installing it from their main website (or uninstall the one you have and then get the latest one from here)

https://unity3d.com/

It says my points going to expire at the end of this month.... whaaaaaat? so fast?
As mentioned above if you don't have a Sony card then all your earned points from 2013 will expire March 2014 and all your earned points from 2014 will expire March 2015

Its also hard to redeem points on the rewards site without a Sony card since they only let you apply a partial amount of points towards the order and gift cards are off limits

Had a bunch of points expiring on my mom's account so I ended up ordering something from http://store.sony.com/ to use up the points (no problem applying full amount of points)

Sucks that the BR points have been nerfed.  I never really paid attention to the expiration so I lost a couple thousand, but cashed some in today.  Got a $20 PSN card after $4.50 out of pocket.  Not too bad, I guess.

I'm contemplating getting a sony card just to get the 5,000 points and use for my PSN purchases.  I didn't see anywhere on the offer, but there's no minimum purchase for that, right?  Just within 90 days?

I'm contemplating getting a sony card just to get the 5,000 points and use for my PSN purchases. I didn't see anywhere on the offer, but there's no minimum purchase for that, right? Just within 90 days?
When I got the Sony card the deal they were offering was $50 in PSN credit and a year of Playstation Plus as long as I made a 'qualifying purchase' and linked my PSN account. I bought a $5 game on the Playstation store and that did the trick, but I'm pretty sure you can buy pretty much anything with it.

When I got the Sony card the deal they were offering was $50 in PSN credit and a year of Playstation Plus as long as I made a 'qualifying purchase' and linked my PSN account. I bought a $5 game on the Playstation store and that did the trick, but I'm pretty sure you can buy pretty much anything with it.
Ok, cool. That's good to know.

The points accrued in a calendar year expire 3 months from the end of that year. In years past the points were marked as expiring but didn't end up disappearing at the end of March. That said, with the changes in the program I wouldn't bank on them being around after the 31st.
When I checked my points today all show as expiring on 3/31/2015. Looks like they gave us a reprieve similar to previous years!

Does anything know if they changed the system? I created a Sony rewards account the other day and registered Total recall 3-Disc Blu-Ray Edition and gained a total of 1 point. I registered two more titles an am now up to 3 points. I am afraid to register anymore...

Scrolling through this thread, I see I am not the only one experiencing this.

just checked my expiration when I read that everyone else was extended, mine now says 3/31/2015.  i'm pretty sure it said 3/31/2014 last night because I'm already planning to use those that are going to expire by the weekend.

@MochaRaf,

yes it seems that the old discs are just worth 1 point each but I saw in another forum that the new discs are worth more.

Any word on you folks who don't have Sony/PlayStation credit cards, on when your SR points are expiring?  Since I've got a PlayStation credit card, my point don't expire until 2019..

Ok I think they changed it, for some reason I'm getting 1pt for the movies and my few last movies I put in is now 1pt. Also my total points dropped as well I think cause I remember it being around 200 and it's now 124. I guess the caught on and changed everything glad I got $20 from it while I could.

Ok I think they changed it, for some reason I'm getting 1pt for the movies and my few last movies I put in is now 1pt. Also my total points dropped as well I think cause I remember it being around 200 and it's now 124. I guess the caught on and changed everything glad I got $20 from it while I could.
Older movies are 1 point. Newer are still full, I believe. It would be great if someone had a split list of which ones fell in which buckets....

250 points for this 22 Jump Street promotion.

Click the link

click the "skip to make alias" button at the bottom

fill in a name

click "share to earn rewards"

sign in

share (edit: you don't have to go through with sharing, just click one of the sharing icons like facebook)

250 points for this 22 Jump Street promotion.

Click the link

click the "skip to make alias" button at the bottom

fill in a name

click "share to earn rewards"

sign in

share (edit: you don't have to go through with sharing, just click one of the sharing icons like facebook)
Thanks. Had another 40 or so points on my account so bought a $5 code for just over $2.

here

If you go to the Playstation Digital Products under the Play category when you hover over Browse Rewards you should get them all.
Awesome! Thanks Louie, and Tyler!

Also during checkout it's asking me for my shipping address. Are they shipping the $5 card to me or will they just email it to me? Never purchased one before, but I assume that it would be emailed to me since it a Digital product, so not sure why they want my home address.

Awesome! Thanks Louie, and Tyler!

Also during checkout it's asking me for my shipping address. Are they shipping the $5 card to me or will they just email it to me? Never purchased one before, but I assume that it would be emailed to me since it a Digital product, so not sure why they want my home address.
Whenever I finish checking out there is always a "Get your Coupon" or "Get your Code" link on the confirmation page. When I bought one earlier today that's how I got it. They definitely won't ship it to you but they'll email it to you as well.

I ordered a card late last week and it can via email about a day later.  In the past I got the code immediately, but not this last time.

Word of warning to people if you were planning on getting the 250 points for PS4 to be able to get a $10 card or something during the sale hang that up they don't deposit the points right away you have to wait for an email to be sent that will "be sent to you before July 4th" :/ kinda sucks I was gonna get MGSV Ground Zeroes.

thanks to the 22 jump street and the 500 from infamous I have enough for the 10 dollar psn. if you click instagram you dont even have to log in it just shows you a picture and you get points

thanks to the 22 jump street and the 500 from infamous I have enough for the 10 dollar psn. if you click instagram you dont even have to log in it just shows you a picture and you get points
Erm, Infamous and Instagram? what Sony Rewards deal are you talking about?

bread's done
Back