Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have a valid code for a valid movie (Rebirth of Mothra set), yet it keeps coming up as invalid.  WTF?  The back of the UV insert is a Sony Rewards ad...

I would agree with them doing this if they truly make it a better program for those who buy Sony products, but given the trend of how companies "better" their programs by only removing features and not actually improving anything else about it, I'll just choose to believe that will be the case here as well. At least until it's proven otherwise.

Call me skeptical. :)
I agree with you partly -- that the odds are they won't make it better for loyal customers. But that said, they have little to gain giving free points to non-customers, so even if they never make it better for customers, it's still understandable that they're cracking down on others.

The vast majority of my points are earned through stuff like this, but I also buy on PSN, etc. I'm sad the WoF free points went away, and even more sad the Jeopardy points are long gone.

Are the blurays no longer giving codes or is the OP just not updated anymore?

For the record my Godzilla blu-ray codes never worked for Sony Rewards.  Pretty bullshit since it's a Sony release and they have a Sony Rewards insert in the case.

For the record my Godzilla blu-ray codes never worked for Sony Rewards. Pretty bullshit since it's a Sony release and they have a Sony Rewards insert in the case.
it never had a sony rewards slip. that was a UV code. Sony didn't even produce or distribute godzilla. that was WB and lionsgate. so of course entering some random code into SonyRewards isn't going to work.

For the record my Godzilla blu-ray codes never worked for Sony Rewards. Pretty bullshit since it's a Sony release and they have a Sony Rewards insert in the case.
it never had a sony rewards slip. that was a UV code. Sony didn't even produce or distribute godzilla. that was WB and lionsgate. so of course entering some random code into SonyRewards isn't going to work.
I think what is being discussed are the Sony released double packs for Godzilla movies. MetalSlugger mentions codes, as in plural, and I can verify that my codes worked fine with Sony Rewards.

I think what is being discussed are the Sony released double packs for Godzilla movies. MetalSlugger mentions codes, as in plural, and I can verify that my codes worked fine with Sony Rewards.
Yeah, it's the Godzilla 2000, Mothra Rebirth trilogy and GMA/Gozilla Against MG UV codes that didn't work for me. You got them to work in Sony Rewards then?

Alright guys good luck, here they are !

From Olympus has fallen: uedxhucf
From money ball: f34m8d9m
From looper: p2ynsa4

A user I gave looper too said it wasn't valid but I 100% sure I gave him the right code. Either way enjoy ^_^

Alright guys good luck, here they are !

From Olympus has fallen: uedxhucf
From money ball: f34m8d9m
From looper: p2ynsa4

A user I gave looper too said it wasn't valid but I 100% sure I gave him the right code. Either way enjoy ^_^
I really appreciate the kind gesture and contribution, but those are actually the older codes that are in the OP on the first page. You will even see the correct code for Looper on there. The ones people would want are the one use codes? that come with the newer movies. Haven't registered anything after they changed it, so I'm not sure how it works anymore. But those multi-use codes don't seem to give anything anymore.

Heads up: Some of you may have 2000 points expiring at the end of the year because of their last promo.

And the "Move" controllers are OOS. I had ordered them last week and got 2 cancellation emails today.

I've heard rumors that Sony may be updating the Move controllers, but that's been rumbling since the PS4 came out. There are few to no worthwhile PS4 games that utilize the Move controllers. Practically a waste of money.

Why did you try to purchase the Move controllers, if you don't mind me asking?

Heads up: Some of you may have 2000 points expiring at the end of the year because of their last promo.

And the "Move" controllers are OOS. I had ordered them last week and got 2 cancellation emails today.

I've heard rumors that Sony may be updating the Move controllers, but that's been rumbling since the PS4 came out. There are few to no worthwhile PS4 games that utilize the Move controllers. Practically a waste of money.

Why did you try to purchase the Move controllers, if you don't mind me asking?
They were $10 each and they would be in retail packaging. I figured I would keep them sealed as a collectable. Now I just have more psn credit I will never use. I think I have $200 in PSN credit in codes that I never added to my account.

They were $10 each and they would be in retail packaging. I figured I would keep them sealed as a collectable. Now I just have more psn credit I will never use. I think I have $200 in PSN credit in codes that I never added to my account.
I also had a lot of credit at one point. Though I did give some away and traded the others. But I think you can just sell the PSN credit for some easy cash. Or if you're into game trading, there's a trade site that you can trade them at for basically a 30-50% markup (ie. a $10 code can get you $13-15 worth of value). For some reason, people are willing to give more for those.

Where do you use the codes at anyone got an link for it thanks

Last edited:
Check your email for your Playsation weekly update. Links to MLB 15 the Show and Bloodborne videos. 60 points each.
I clicked the link in the email, watched the video for Bloodborne, then nothing about Sony Rewards. I'm pretty sure the 60 points is just advertising that you'll earn those points if you preorder on PSN for those games.

I clicked the link in the email, watched the video for Bloodborne, then nothing about Sony Rewards. I'm pretty sure the 60 points is just advertising that you'll earn those points if you preorder on PSN for those games.
Yup. You are right. BlasterMan made a mistake. lol

They are giving full points for DVDs for cardholders again.

Free Sony Rewards Points - The Call (DVD) and Olympus Has Fallen (DVD) 50 Points (Sony Card members)
The Call (DVD) - WS8QYV2R
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD) - D23AEM6G

25 points each for Sony Card members
1 point each for non-Sony Card members (not really worth it if you're don't have the Sony card)

Free Sony Rewards Points - The Call (DVD) and Olympus Has Fallen (DVD) 50 Points (Sony Card members)

1 point each for non-Sony Card members (not really worth it if you're don't have the Sony card)
Thanks. I have a card, so was able to get 50.

also where do u put the codes at anyone have an link and thanks

You can find it by clicking EARN POINTS at the top of the window, then clicking REGISTER DISCS on the new menu (near the bottom).  The direct link to register discs is here.

I think the limits are gone. At least the 3 codes per day is gone.
At one point per movie for many folks this is a lot of effort for not a lot of benefit though. I have enjoyed the benefits from the program, but there has not been much happening since last summer. I would love to be proven wrong and see a bunch of good promotions or new multi-point codes, but I doubt that will ever happen again.

At one point per movie for many folks this is a lot of effort for not a lot of benefit though. I have enjoyed the benefits from the program, but there has not been much happening since last summer. I would love to be proven wrong and see a bunch of good promotions or new multi-point codes, but I doubt that will ever happen again.
At this point, the Sony Rewards accounts are only handy if you're buying a lot of things on the PlayStation Network (will earn 1% back if you've linked your SR and PSN accounts), and/or if you have a PlayStation Capital One credit card like I do. With the credit card, you also earn 10% back on PSN purchases (so a total of 11% back), 3% on phone/cable bills, and 1% on all other purchases done with the card.

Does anyone know if the movie/dvd registration codes are still only earning 1 pt, unlike how they were originally worth way more? I've already registered the codes back when they were worth 50-60 points in any case.

At this point, the Sony Rewards accounts are only handy if you're buying a lot of things on the PlayStation Network (will earn 1% back if you've linked your SR and PSN accounts), and/or if you have a PlayStation Capital One credit card like I do. With the credit card, you also earn 10% back on PSN purchases (so a total of 11% back), 3% on phone/cable bills, and 1% on all other purchases done with the card.

Does anyone know if the movie/dvd registration codes are still only earning 1 pt, unlike how they were originally worth way more? I've already registered the codes back when they were worth 50-60 points in any case.
See my quote above^^.

Do u get points for systems and also do all blu-Ray movies give out 45 points

Does it show this

The user has reached their limit for uploads or registrations of this type

Does it show this

Yup. It says something like that. it's a daily limit of 3 registration and 10 registration in 30 consecutive days.

Since they're giving full points again for cardholders, time me register them again. =3

I tryed 4 yesterday and the 4th  didn't work and I tryed to enter codes today and none of them doesn't work

It keeps giving me this 

Last edited:
Blu-Ray for 45 points and don't know what movie it is NB8TAN49

bread's done
Back