Sonystyle.com $150 credit back on $299 purchases

mattfoley7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
They are taking pre orders for the 399 80gb plus free shipping and no interest/payments for 18 months. My bad if this is a re post and if need be lock it up or delete.
Sorry for not including the link but here it is
NEW LINK

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644488778 in the link it specifically says $150 back PLUS no interest/payments for 18 months also they are offering FREE shipping and yes this is some what of an old deal but just an extra $50 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
what??? can you elaborate more about this?
So if I purchase MGS4 PS3 bundle, they will give me back $150? does this require a sony credit card?

Unfortunately, has to be purchased at a Sonystyle store, so add tax and shipping to the price.

Still a good deal. Wish it still worked at Amazon though.

Yea i just applied the card & get approved. I'll wait till i get my card & get PS3 80 gig. $400 - $150 = $250 plus taxes for PS3 is not bad deal. Possible i'll get my card next week ... i wonder how long it take they credit $150 back to your account ??

[quote name='Mr. 420']I got thr mgs4 bundle the day it came out and still haven't gotten my credit.[/quote]

You better contact them asap. I got mine launch day too and got the credit on my first statement. I know some people were having difficulties since they unknowingly chose 18 month 0% interest, which is a different promo that doesn't give credit back.

[quote name='wildnuts02']pretty old deal...[/quote]

Yeah I got this a while back for my 60 gig PS3 about a year ago actually. And Sonystyle usually has free shipping Monday-Thursday, or it did when I ordered it. So it would be just tax that would be the issue.

Does this new ps3 have backward compatability or not??
If so I could see nabbing this and doing the deal.

I have a lot of games the wife and I both enjoy, wireless controllers, hook-up to the HD TV, and even a little bump in the graphics would be great. It's a deal breaker, and I can't stand the fact they took it out of the last one, I had to skip it.

At this rate I migth get a good set of wireless ps2 controllers, even a new ps2 at $99 (new one much smaller and adds network, also my 'cd' play fails, just dvd) if no go.

[I have the xbox360 and I'm not blue-raying yet, and not in any rush]

I just overlooked this post and posted it myself.....im really tempted to bite on this because its the cheapest I can see getting a PS3 anytime soon. However R&C is really the only thing on the system that interests me and I cant see a $250 purchase + credit ding for this.

aw crap, I missed out on this deal and the walmart 100 gift card for the Purchase of a MGS4 Bundle. Had to pay a full $500 for my Playstation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle

[quote name='MSI Magus']I just overlooked this post and posted it myself.....im really tempted to bite on this because its the cheapest I can see getting a PS3 anytime soon. However R&C is really the only thing on the system that interests me and I cant see a $250 purchase + credit ding for this.[/quote]

Me too. As much as I love Ratchet and Clank, I just can't drop the hammer on buying a PS3 yet. I do admit, this deal is quite tempting.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I just overlooked this post and posted it myself.....im really tempted to bite on this because its the cheapest I can see getting a PS3 anytime soon. However R&C is really the only thing on the system that interests me and I cant see a $250 purchase + credit ding for this.[/quote]

Then you will want this system. R & C coming to PSN next month and New R & C coming Fall '09. Also Little Big Planet is going to be big.

I paid off the ps3, got a confirmation number, went on vacation, came back and they said the payment didn't go through. I gave them all the info and it didn't f-ing go through. The confirmation number I had was worthless. After one guy from India hung up on me they finally refunded me my late fee's but said they wouldn't do it again. Gee thats nice, next time call my bank or something and give me a confirmation number that means something.

[quote name='zaw73']Then you will want this system. R & C coming to PSN next month and New R & C coming Fall '09. Also Little Big Planet is going to be big.[/QUOTE]

Thats not enough though. R&C and an Xpack to R&C thats maybe 1/5th the size of a normal R&C game? Hardly enough for me to buy the system for. Little Big Planet looks cool, but im not as hyped as other people are....and I tend to rather wait till a game comes out and see its good then buy the hype early on and be disappointed which is what happens 9/10 times when people treat a game the way they have LBP. The only other game I want on the system is Disgaea 3....everything else thats decent I have on my 360. Most of the stuff coming out that I really want is also coming to 360 as well(RE5/FFXIII). The PS3 is just a really disappointing system...its hard to justify $250 for it.

Now if Sony can deliver a new Sly Cooper and a Dark Cloud 3 with the quality of DC2(not 1!!!)then next time I find a deal for $250 id probably bite. Another full R&C release would certainly help too.

[quote name='CKaz']Does this new ps3 have backward compatability or not?? [/quote]

As far as I've read, no it will not. It's the 40GB model with a bigger harddrive. Your last chance at retail for backwards compatibility is the 80GB MGS4 bundle.

[quote name='Howard']You would think that someone who has been a member for over five years would know protocol for making a post. [/quote]

You would think someone that has been a member for over five years would show some respect to other members on the board and not act like a douche.

Back on topic: this is a good deal; Sony's credit dept is difficult to deal with though -- if you took advantage of it, I recommend keeping a close eye on your balances to make sure they're correct. I had numerous issues with payments not being posted (even though taken out of my account) and getting late charges because of it.

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']You would think someone that has been a member for over five years would show some respect to other members on the board and not act like a douche.

Back on topic: this is a good deal; Sony's credit dept is difficult to deal with though -- if you took advantage of it, I recommend keeping a close eye on your balances to make sure they're correct. I had numerous issues with payments not being posted (even though taken out of my account) and getting late charges because of it.[/QUOTE]

I did the $100 credit sonycard deal about 1.5 months ago. Everything went flawless - received my credit in 5 days. Just use the online banking access at chase.com to monitor your card after purchase and make sure you get the credit.

Another cool thing about this is that you get sonystyle points for using the card. I converted those points from buying the ps3 into a credit on my sony card and received a 15 dollar credit. It was nice to get Pain and BC:R for free :)

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']You would think someone that has been a member for over five years would show some respect to other members on the board and not act like a douche.

Back on topic: this is a good deal; Sony's credit dept is difficult to deal with though -- if you took advantage of it, I recommend keeping a close eye on your balances to make sure they're correct. I had numerous issues with payments not being posted (even though taken out of my account) and getting late charges because of it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been a member for five years. Thanks for playing, please try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSI Magus']Thats not enough though. R&C and an Xpack to R&C thats maybe 1/5th the size of a normal R&C game? Hardly enough for me to buy the system for. Little Big Planet looks cool, but im not as hyped as other people are....and I tend to rather wait till a game comes out and see its good then buy the hype early on and be disappointed which is what happens 9/10 times when people treat a game the way they have LBP. The only other game I want on the system is Disgaea 3....everything else thats decent I have on my 360. Most of the stuff coming out that I really want is also coming to 360 as well(RE5/FFXIII). The PS3 is just a really disappointing system...its hard to justify $250 for it.

Now if Sony can deliver a new Sly Cooper and a Dark Cloud 3 with the quality of DC2(not 1!!!)then next time I find a deal for $250 id probably bite. Another full R&C release would certainly help too.[/quote]

you talk too much.

got a quick question,
i know this is a bit OT in regard to getting a cheaper ps3 BUT.
Is it possible to use this credit on a purchase from the refurb section?

if so that would make some home theatre system prices very very sweet

anyone ever do this from sonystyle?

thanks,

ps i got in on the ps3 deal about a year ago this way and got a 60gig ps3 for around $300 i think. REMEMBER---when you sign up rake up the points on their rewards system online, i saved up enough for a controller and kept on for a few months for the blu ray remote.

good post op.

Dead Link is Dead. Updated the OP with credit card $150 back link.

Stay on topic or face the wrath of CAG.

Chimp, I dont know. If they have a sales/customer service email addy, try asking them and let us know.

Chase bank told me I don't get any 100 dollar credit because I made my purchase over 45 days after I was issued the card.:bomb:

This is pretty deal for those of you planning to buy a PS3... The $150 credit back then is better in terms that you don't have to buy it from sonystyle.com. Besides the PS3, i don't see anything worth the effort...

When I signed up for my card nearly a year ago the deal was the same. Already having a PS3 I couldn't find $300 worth of stuff I wanted so I never did it. A month later there was a $150 credit on my account. Go figure.

Does anyone know how long this deal will last for? How long did it go the last time around?

I'm asking because I'd like to pick up the 80gb MGS4 bundle, but it's out of stock. I'm hoping (probably in vain) that the bundle will be back in stock soon.

If I remember right, last time's $100 credit offer only required a $299 purchase. It did not require using sonystyle.com to make the purchase. For example, a friend of mine used his at Wal-Mart to buy the MGS4 bundle. Can you only get the $150 credit if you purchase something $299 or greater off the sonystyle.com site? I was thinking of using this for plane tickets.

From the site:

Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Your first single sales receipt purchase made at a SonyStyle store, including SonyStyle.com equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $150 Statement Credit.

You may have a local store near you, that way you dont have to wait for shipping, but I think you will have to wait to get your physical card.

Sorry, this is a rehash, but I want to make sure I understand. The 80gb model in the MGS4 pack does have full backwards compatibility with PS2, but the "new" 80gb model for $399.99 does not have the PS2 features, right?

An extra $100 seems like a lot for just MGS4 and backwards compatibility (and it seems to be out of stock anyway).

Guess I'll just keep waiting. Sigh.

I know if I wait long enough (like another year? double sigh!), I'll get both a price drop and backward compatibility (I can't believe they took it out in the first place! if they don't add it back, they're nuts).

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Sorry, this is a rehash, but I want to make sure I understand. The 80gb model in the MGS4 pack does have full backwards compatibility with PS2, but the "new" 80gb model for $399.99 does not have the PS2 features, right?

An extra $100 seems like a lot for just MGS4 and backwards compatibility (and it seems to be out of stock anyway).

Guess I'll just keep waiting. Sigh.

I know if I wait long enough (like another year? double sigh!), I'll get both a price drop and backward compatibility (I can't believe they took it out in the first place! if they don't add it back, they're nuts).[/quote]

The MGS bundle has limited BC while the new 80gb has no BC.

i almost jumped on this yesterday, but i started thinking about all the 360 drops. i know Sony claims they won't be dropping the price of the PS3 anytime soon, but they're so wishy-washy lately that i think i'll just wait. i don't see how they can afford not to lower the price of the PS3 when you can buy a 360 for 200 bucks (in a few weeks). yeah, it's got a BD player inside and all that bliz-blaz, but i'm wagering that they'll drop the price in time for Christmas, or at least start throwing out some competetive bundles soon.

[quote name='allyourblood']i almost jumped on this yesterday, but i started thinking about all the 360 drops. i know Sony claims they won't be dropping the price of the PS3 anytime soon, but they're so wishy-washy lately that i think i'll just wait. i don't see how they can afford not to lower the price of the PS3 when you can buy a 360 for 200 bucks (in a few weeks). yeah, it's got a BD player inside and all that bliz-blaz, but i'm wagering that they'll drop the price in time for Christmas, or at least start throwing out some competetive bundles soon.[/quote]

Sony is already losing a lot of money on the PS3 units, so I wouldn't expect any drops soon. Yeah, one will be to get a $200 360 soon, but it's a system that comes with no hard drive, no high-definition drive, and no wireless internet.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, one will be to get a $200 360 soon, but it's a system that comes with no hard drive, no high-definition drive, and no wireless internet.[/quote]

i know, and i'd happily take a PS3 under the same conditions. :cry: well, except for the BD thing, but they don't have a choice but to include it.

mainly, i just don't need another credit card. my wife and i can have two more before it starts affecting our credit (and no, we don't carry any debt on any of them), so i'd be getting this card strictly to save the $150, and then pretty much nothing else. if i recall, Sony's reward program only applies to Sonystyle.com right? that's a pretty narrow focus, as i can't say when i'll ever buy something from them again. our other cards have much more useful (and universal) reward/cash-back programs.

will people stop asking about backwards compatibility and if the purchase required should be from the sonystyle store.$

how about you spend 4 minutes ( google.com )$ to look it up yourself ?

This is a good deal but I am getting wary of the ship date of this product as well as the time period i have to wait to get the promotion.$

I wish Sony had some TVs in the 19-22" range for around $300-350. I would have definitely signed up for a card and bought a TV like that for my dorm room.

I applied for the cc on 8/17 & received instant approval. I then pre-ordered the 80G PS3 (site said it would be available on 9/1).

Logged in today to sonystyle and found out it's already shipped via Fedex.

bread's done
Back