Sonystyle.com $150 credit back on $299 purchases

mattfoley7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
They are taking pre orders for the 399 80gb plus free shipping and no interest/payments for 18 months. My bad if this is a re post and if need be lock it up or delete.
Sorry for not including the link but here it is
NEW LINK

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644488778 in the link it specifically says $150 back PLUS no interest/payments for 18 months also they are offering FREE shipping and yes this is some what of an old deal but just an extra $50 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']Interesting....the SonyStyle.com site still says $100....but Sony Rewards must be different. hmmmm. I have a few people at work who want a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Sonystyle.com now reflects $150 credit... purchase must be made at sonystyle.com or store..

I cant find in the terms that under the new (as of Oct 2008) $150 credit has to be spent at sonystyle.com. I cannot find the footnote for 1, which is for the 299 purchase.

Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Your first single sales receipt purchase made at a SonyStyle store, including SonyStyle.com equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $150 Statement Credit. Statement Credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from Qualifying Purchase.

The 1st sentnce for #1

I think I'd rather get a BC one on craigslist though they pop up for $250 once in a while but usually go fast.

Just placed my order, applied for the card thru sonystyle.com, got instant approval, copied down the cc number, go through fw link for 3% back, purchased ps3 for $399.99 plus $31 tax, used new sony card cc and checked off "purchase credit" option as mentioned by JaTan's post (thanks). order will be shipping monday.. one thing to mention during the checkout process, right below my cart description was the note that $100 credit will be applied. i hope this is just an old note that sony has not updated yet... just in case, kept the sony card app page where it mentions $150 credit.. the fine print below mentions a date of 9/30/08 for rates so that should date my application...

so final price

$399.99 + $31 (tax) - $12 (fw) - $150 (credit) - $20 (purchase credit) = $248.99 + ding on credit score + possible interest if i forget to pay it off in 12 months

Sony says that I qualify for the $150 while chase is saying "NO".

I applied on 8/26/08 when it was $150 and then it dropped to $100 so I do not know why chase is doing this crap!

wow... ordered friday morning and received saturday morning by fedex... i choose standard shipping too! but then I'm only 30 minutes from Carson where it shipped... it was scary how the fedex guy just left it on my front porch and covered it with my doormat.. I came home and noticed my doormat was vertical and thought it was weird.. little did i know my PS3 was underneath..

[quote name='shadylane']hate to ask this again...can i use this 150 credit back on purchases outside of sonystyle store?[/quote]
If you go through SonyStyle.com offer then you can get instant approval and CC number right away ($150 credit only for Sony Style purchase)

If you go through SonyRewards.com then you'll have to wait for it to come in the mail (works for authorized retailer purchases)

Has anyone ever done this deal cancelled the card and done it again? I took advantage of the $100 deal about 10 months ago and cancelled the card 1-2 months ago. I was wandering if anyone had done the same and took out a new card to get the discount again?

[quote name='Joker2007']Has anyone ever done this deal cancelled the card and done it again? I took advantage of the $100 deal about 10 months ago and cancelled the card 1-2 months ago. I was wandering if anyone had done the same and took out a new card to get the discount again?[/quote]
Yep -- as long as you get approved for this new card you'll be fine

[quote name='Joker2007']Has anyone ever done this deal cancelled the card and done it again? I took advantage of the $100 deal about 10 months ago and cancelled the card 1-2 months ago. I was wandering if anyone had done the same and took out a new card to get the discount again?[/quote]

keep in mind that that sort of thing looks particularly nasty on your credit score. canceling cards will ding your record, and so will opening a new credit card account, depending on the conditions and your current status.

so not sure if i should apply. I already have 2 cards thru Chase + some others i could get pts on, and I could order thru Mypoints via CC or some & build up pts for a giftcard.
might b better than a ding on my credit.

Just a quick question. Does anyone have the phone# and/or the website for the actual credit card. The reason I ask is I applied online a few weeks ago and was told they were reviewing my application, but I still have not heard from them. It usually doesn't take this long, so I want to see if anybody knows anything. Thanks Guys

I'm thinking about signing up, but I can't gather if they'll give me 150 or 100 credit.
Also, Sony-Style doesn't offer back-ward comp. PS3's?

Anything wrong with the new 80GB model, besides can't play PS2 games?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm thinking about signing up, but I can't gather if they'll give me 150 or 100 credit.[/quote]

If you print out the promotion page when you apply for the card, that is what you should get. I applied for the card when it was $150. By the time I got the card, the promo had changed to $100. I had kept the screen printout just in case, but when I got my bill the credit was indeed $150.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm confused.
When I clicked on the link provided, it does say 150.

Also, on the website, it says 150, but the new deal is for 100$?[/quote]

The best idea would be just to screen print your information. If they don't end up honoring the $150 (which they should), you can provide that for documentation.

[quote name='doughazelwood']The best idea would be just to screen print your information. If they don't end up honoring the $150 (which they should), you can provide that for documentation.[/quote]

K, I'll just print the page.
It sucks that they only offer 80 GB tho :/

[quote name='ps99472']Just placed my order, applied for the card thru sonystyle.com, got instant approval, copied down the cc number, go through fw link for 3% back, purchased ps3 for $399.99 plus $31 tax, used new sony card cc and checked off "purchase credit" option as mentioned by JaTan's post (thanks). order will be shipping monday.. one thing to mention during the checkout process, right below my cart description was the note that $100 credit will be applied. i hope this is just an old note that sony has not updated yet... just in case, kept the sony card app page where it mentions $150 credit.. the fine print below mentions a date of 9/30/08 for rates so that should date my application...

so final price

$399.99 + $31 (tax) - $12 (fw) - $150 (credit) - $20 (purchase credit) = $248.99 + ding on credit score + possible interest if i forget to pay it off in 12 months[/quote]

So you can apply this credit ($150) towards the first purchase? I assumed you had to buy the PS3 first ($400) and then use the $150 credit towards something else. How do you get the credit to go towards the first purchase (PS3)?

[quote name='antlp89']So you can apply this credit ($150) towards the first purchase? I assumed you had to buy the PS3 first ($400) and then use the $150 credit towards something else. How do you get the credit to go towards the first purchase (PS3)?[/quote]

It appears automatically. On mine, I ordered two psp's. My card was charged 9/18. On 9/30, it was credited for $150.

The $150 bonus is directly applied to your card usually about 7-10 days after your purchase (Chase is paying faster than the terms given) so most likely you'll get the credit applied to your card before your first statement generates

Sign up and place the order through Ebates.com (4%) or Fatwallet.com (3%) if you want to earn more cash back from ordering at SonyStyle.com

If you're signing up for the offer using the SonyRewards.com link then you can buy from authorized retailers such as Amazon (no tax) but it'll work out to about the same (purchase credit thing can take 1-2 months)

SonyStyle: $400 + ~$30 tax = ~$430 total (+/- few bucks depending on tax)
- $150 statement credit
- $16 OR $12 for Ebates or FW
- ~$21 purchase credit form (430x5pts=2150pts, 5% rewards for SonyStyle)
= $243 OR $247

Amazon: $400 + $0 tax = $400
- $150 statement credit
- $12 purchase credit form (400x3pts=1200pts, 3% rewards for authorized retailers, have to mail in receipt)
= $238

[quote name='JaTaN']The $150 bonus is directly applied to your card usually about 7-10 days after your purchase (Chase is paying faster than the terms given) so most likely you'll get the credit applied to your card before your first statement generates

Sign up and place the order through Ebates.com (4%) or Fatwallet.com (3%) if you want to earn more cash back from ordering at SonyStyle.com

If you're signing up for the offer using the SonyRewards.com link then you can buy from authorized retailers such as Amazon (no tax) but it'll work out to about the same (purchase credit thing can take 1-2 months)

SonyStyle: $400 + ~$30 tax = ~$430 total (+/- few bucks depending on tax)
- $150 statement credit
- $16 OR $12 for Ebates or FW
- ~$21 purchase credit form (430x5pts=2150pts, 5% rewards for SonyStyle)
= $243 OR $247

Amazon: $400 + $0 tax = $400
- $150 statement credit
- $12 purchase credit form (400x3pts=1200pts, 3% rewards for authorized retailers, have to mail in receipt)
= $238[/QUOTE]

when did the sony rewards one go live? i'm not sure which one i signed up under... it was around the beginning of september.

[quote name='zenintrude']when did the sony rewards one go live? i'm not sure which one i signed up under... it was around the beginning of september.[/quote]
Late Aug/early Sept was $150 at SonyStyle only

Mid Sept/late Sept was $100 at SonyStyle only

In Oct (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4930123&postcount=88) came the $150 SonyRewards.com (valid at authorized retailers or SonyStyle) and $150 SonyStyle.com (valid at SonyStyle only)

Earning more reward points at SonyRewards.com so you can get a bigger purchase credit back for your purchase (since the purchase credit will take 1-2 months to show up then you might as well rack up the points since they will apply all the available points when they process the purchase credit form) -- you have UP TO 60 DAYS to do the purchase credit form (login to SonyRewards.com -> YOUR ACCOUNT -> PURCHASE CREDIT FORM and fill that out & mail (or to find out more details)

======= Sony Rewards Points =======
SonyRewards.com Registration +50 (register your card at www.sonyrewards.com)

Poll/Survey Participation +50 (Go to YOUR ACCOUNT -> YOUR PROFILE -> QUESTIONNAIRE)

Wish List Creation +50 (Go to REDEEM and add something to your wishlist)

Wish List Update +25 (MONTHLY, update your wishlist each month)

Poll/Survey Participation +10 (WEEKLY, poll on right side of page updates every week)

Invite a Friend Sent +25
Invite a Friend Sent +25
Invite a Friend Sent +25
Invite a Friend Sent +25
Invite a Friend Sent +25
There's the small 'Invite a Friend' link all the way at the bottom of the page. For each person you email, you get 25 pts free (up to 5 emails = 125 free points), doesnt matter if the person registers or not

======= Sony Clubs =======
>>> Go to YOUR ACCOUNT -> 'Update Communication Preferences' -> make sure following are checked:
1) Wheel Watchers Club: Yes, I would like to participate in Wheel Watchers Club activities and receive a SPIN ID. See official rules for complete details.
2) Sony Pictures Television: Yes, I would like to receive information from SPT and other events, promotions and sweepstakes from Sony Pictures Entertainment.
3) Blu-ray Disc (150 free pts): Yes, I would like to join the Sony Pictures Blu-Ray Club so I can be eligible to receive the rewards that come with being a member.
[BluRay Registration Bonus +150]

>>> To make things easier in earning points daily, go to YOUR ACCOUNT -> 'Update Homepage Settings' -> pick 'Wheel Watchers Club'

>>> Each week day:
1) Wheel Watchers Club: Enter the 'Bonus Puzzle Solution' (10 pts each)
2) SPT Club (click on 'See More Clubs' on the left): Answer the 'Daily Question' (10 pts each)

>>> Every few days:
From your home page, click on 'Pat's Place' on the left, then go to 'U GOTTA SEE THIS' and answer the question (10 pts each)

======= Purchase Credit Option =======
>>> Your Sony Card gets the following reward points on your purchases:
5 points per $1 spent at Sony Style stores and SonyStyle.com
3 points per $1 spent on Sony purchases from authorized Sony retailers (fill out purchase credit form to get this)
1 point per $1 spent on everyday purchases
*** You have to wait for your monthly statements to generate to get the points for your purchases

>>> Under the 'Purchase Credit' option, you get $1 for every 100 points you have available credited directly to your Sony Card when you buy a Sony product with your Sony Card. Go to YOUR ACCOUNT -> PURCHASE CREDIT FORM and fill that out (or to find out more details)

[quote name='zenintrude']damn damn damn.... i suppose i can't change my plan with them without applying for a different card, huh?[/quote]You get whatever promo you applied for, no changing it

Some people on other forums were reporting that if you close down the card and apply again, they'll just reopen that same card (if you closed it down within the past 90 days)

Since you alrdy have the $150 offer from early Sept, just buy it at SonyStyle (only a few bucks difference from Amazon if you look at my math a few posts back)

I just called Chase, and they said that I had the $150 at SonyStyle/SonyStore deal, but that I could apply for the the other one and when that was approved, they would consolodate the accounts into one...

my question is this: is this a horrible idea?

i would rather make a purchase of $299 not at the sony store, since there's nothing i want there (now that they axed the BC PS3s)...

that's the reason, basically

[quote name='JaTaN']Then you can try to apply for the SonyRewards offer to see if you get approved or not[/QUOTE]

lol, yea... that's what Chase already told me... I was merely wondering if opening another card and consolodating it with the card I already opened is especially bad.

[quote name='zenintrude']lol, yea... that's what Chase already told me... I was merely wondering if opening another card and consolodating it with the card I already opened is especially bad.[/quote]
You take another credit hit, it'll stay on your credit report for 2 years but only lowers your credit score by a few points for the next 6 months (shouldnt be a problem unless you're applying for a loan or something in the next few months)

I got declined because I only had 20% remaining of my total credit line on one of my credit cards (I only have 2, and the other is fine) when I applied. I'll be getting paid soon and wanted to pay off this credit card. Do you think I'll have a chance at being approved if I apply again?

This should work on games since it is a “single sales receipt purchase” if you have 5 new/ pre-order games on your receipt the total of that single sale receipt purchase is 299.95 plus tax. Then you would get half off you game purchase, has anyone tried this?

[quote name='scotty757']This should work on games since it is a “single sales receipt purchase” if you have 5 new/ pre-order games on your receipt the total of that single sale receipt purchase is 299.95 plus tax. Then you would get half off you game purchase, has anyone tried this?[/quote]
Yes, provided the retailer waits till last preorder game is filled and posts a single charge of $299 or more to your account. Otherwise, you get individual smaller charges and those are not eligible for the $150 statement credit.

I am talking about ordering games through sonystyle, you add all the games to your cart and you have a total of $299.95 plus tax in your cart, I would assume that you would be charged at that point. So the total charge would be around $320 with free shipping and then that should qualify for the promotion.

[quote name='scotty757']I am talking about ordering games through sonystyle, you add all the games to your cart and you have a total of $299.95 plus tax in your cart, I would assume that you would be charged at that point. So the total charge would be around $320 with free shipping and then that should qualify for the promotion. [/quote]

except you mentioned "pre-order" games in your previous post, and those likely aren't charged when you reserve them, meaning your total will not be 299.95. in general, online retailers do not charge up-front for pre-orders; rather, they charge on the day they actually ship from the warehouse. (occasionally, you have a company that actually charges when you pre-order, but i wouldn't bank on Sonystyle being one of them. of course, all you have to do is go thru the order process up through the payment details portion, and you'd know for sure.)

if you bought several in-stock titles that total 299.95, that would work.

Ok so if I have it right I can order a the new PSP budle 199.99, Dead Space 59.99, and SOCOM with headset 59.99. That is 319.97 plus tax and I will get 150 off so it would be 169.97 plus tax. The only problem is I have to wait for SOCOM to show instock since it is backordered.

[quote name='scotty757']Ok so if I have it right I can order a the new PSP budle 199.99, Dead Space 59.99, and SOCOM with headset 59.99. That is 319.97 plus tax and I will get 150 off so it would be 169.97 plus tax. The only problem is I have to wait for SOCOM to show instock since it is backordered.[/quote]

Yes, you should probably wait. Otherwise SOCOM will ship on a later date and it will be billed separately.

bread's done
Back