Sonystyle.com $150 credit back on $299 purchases

mattfoley7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
They are taking pre orders for the 399 80gb plus free shipping and no interest/payments for 18 months. My bad if this is a re post and if need be lock it up or delete.
Sorry for not including the link but here it is
NEW LINK

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644488778 in the link it specifically says $150 back PLUS no interest/payments for 18 months also they are offering FREE shipping and yes this is some what of an old deal but just an extra $50 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up with SonyRewards.com offer link and bought 2 x $300 Amazon e-gift certs

On my dad's card:
10/10/2008 10/10/2008 Sale AMZ*GIFTCARDS(Other) $300.00
10/21/2008 10/21/2008 Adjustment CouponID(Other) $-150.00

On my mom's card:
10/11/2008 10/12/2008 Sale AMZ*GIFTCARDS(Other) $300.00

Did the SonyStyle offer last month under my name and bought a PS3 from there (got the $150 bonus for that also) - have Resistance 2 & Gears 2 on preorder w/ free $10 GC promo. Will hold on to the rest of the GC balance to see if something good comes along during Thanksgiving or for newer games later on in the coming months (I think the GCs last 1-2 yrs so shouldnt be a problem)

i havent had much luck gettin the credit...bought the 80g bundle from walmart late june or july...forget when
and still to today i have not received anything...i called sony multiple times and they keep telling me to wait...that there was a problem on their side with applying the credit...so sad =[

[quote name='Todd33']You can get the Sony $150 and buy from Amazon? I thought Sony made you buy through sonystyle.com?[/quote]
SonyStyle offer is for SonyStyle purchases only

SonyRewards offer is for authorized retailers (SonyStyle/Best Buy/Circuit City/Amazon/etc)

[quote name='JaTaN']SonyStyle offer is for SonyStyle purchases only

SonyRewards offer is for authorized retailers (SonyStyle/Best Buy/Circuit City/Amazon/etc)[/QUOTE]

wow, if that works it's a steal. $150 back from Sony and $100 back from Amazon. Just buy a 80GB PS3 and 4x $18 BD movies all with free shipping and no tax in CA. Anyone done this, it works?

[quote name='Todd33']wow, if that works it's a steal. $150 back from Sony and $100 back from Amazon. Just buy a 80GB PS3 and 4x $18 BD movies all with free shipping and no tax in CA. Anyone done this, it works?[/quote]
Look a few posts back, I posted about the SonyRewards working at Amazon on a $300 gift cert -- you can buy anything you want at any authorized retailer as long as the total is $299+

Has anyone heard anything about a PS3 holiday bundle? I am thinking about jumping on this deal, but I don't want to order and miss any free pack in games that appear in a week or two.

[quote name='JaTaN']Signed up with SonyRewards.com offer link and bought 2 x $300 Amazon e-gift certs

On my dad's card:
10/10/2008 10/10/2008 Sale AMZ*GIFTCARDS(Other) $300.00

On my mom's card:
10/11/2008 10/12/2008 Sale AMZ*GIFTCARDS(Other) $300.00

Did the SonyStyle offer last month under my name and bought a PS3 from there (got the $150 bonus for that also) - have Resistance 2 & Gears 2 on preorder w/ free $10 GC promo. Will hold on to the rest of the GC balance to see if something good comes along during Thanksgiving or for newer games later on in the coming months (I think the GCs last 1-2 yrs so shouldnt be a problem)[/quote]

Sweet man, so do you know if works on best buy purchases?

[quote name='skyflur']Sweet man, so do you know if works on best buy purchases?[/quote]
BB is an authorized retailer so it should work (as long as the purchase is $299+, it doesnt matter what you buy at authorized retailers)

heh, i'm not dumb, just worried... where i spent: SONY OUTLET DOLPHIN

just called and it seems like i'm being fucked here... they say mine is $100 off of a purchase of $299, despite me signing up during the $150 time frame.

does anyone have any of the documentation for that promotion? they need it to see if it existed. apparently the only $150 promotion they see is for the purchase of a PS3.

[edit] called again... says $100 despite me signing up under the $150 banner... hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure cahs back is available signed up for card through cash back period and just received yesterday and offer is removed off site. is anyone still getting the offer

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Not sure cahs back is available signed up for card through cash back period and just received yesterday and offer is removed off site. is anyone still getting the offer[/quote]
If you signed up during the promo period then you're fine

I finally broke down and ordered this today. Got the 80gb, LBP, and an extra Dualshock for a little $385 after tax with the $150 off from sonystyle.

where are you finding the deal can you post link
[quote name='niceguyshawne']I finally broke down and ordered this today. Got the 80gb, LBP, and an extra Dualshock for a little $385 after tax with the $150 off from sonystyle.[/quote]

if i do this, do i need to purchase the PS3 from sony or can i buy it from best buy? also, does sony offer any extended warranty on it?

[quote name='psychobuck']if i do this, do i need to purchase the PS3 from sony or can i buy it from best buy? also, does sony offer any extended warranty on it?[/quote]
You have to use their credit card at a SonyStyle store or on the SonyStyle.com website.

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']where are you finding the deal can you post link[/QUOTE]

I signed up during the promo period for the $150 off in October. They give you an option for a bundle so I picked up LBP and the extra Dualshock for an extra $100.

The Sonyrewards.com link says only $50 on the banner on the right. Is this deal dead? Anyone have a link to the $100 credit offer for Sonyrewards? I want to try to buy an Amazon gift cert from there and then do the $100 off Amazon thing too.

I got my SonyCard today, I read through the card information and there was no mention of the credit obv. I called the customer care number and asked and they said that the offer is still valid since I applied for my card during the promotion.
I ended up going through Amazon and ordering 80 gb ps3, LBP, Fallout 3, 4 BDs for the 100 off promotion, and extra DS3 an HDMI cable and an optical audio cable. After everything is said and done, i will be out of pocket $410.00, no including any sony rewards points applied to the offer as well.
Also to anyone trying to do the $100 BD amazon deal, I didn't think about trying it til it was too late, but it might work for the MGS3 bundle, the code to enter at check out is amazonbd.

FYI, they did this switcheroo a couple of months ago. I bought a ps3 and got the 150 credit and decided to tell all my friends to do the same thing. When they went and did it, which happened to be the beginning of the next calendar month it went down to 100. Then it went back up to 150 again. So keep in mind the 100 maybe be a temporary thing.

On the flip side of being screwed over, I signed up for the SonyStyle card under the $100 rebate offer to buy my PS3, but they actually ended up taking off $150 when the bill came. So it can swing back in your favor, I guess.

[quote name='jporter313']Weak...[/QUOTE]

Just use the walmart PS3 for $400 but comes with a $100 gift card. Ya its not the same as cash back but there is no credit ding and its not like Walmart isnt one of the cheapest places around and carries everything under the sun.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. No Wal-Mart in San Francisco though. I was really hoping I could just run over to the Metreon this afternoon and have some LBP going by tonight. I was also sort of relying on the no-interest, no-payments for 24 months deal.

bread's done
Back