SOTM Part 999,999

Melody Gardot - My One And Only Thrill (album)
Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart (album)

this girl is amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruiner-Prepare To Be Let Down (album) Nothing amazingly groundbreaking or anything, but it's some very solid hardcore.

Deltron 3030-Upgrade Definitely my favorite song off of Deltron 3030. It's been stuck in my head for a week now.

Willie Isz - Georgiavania (album)

still don't know what to make of this. Jneiro Jarel still making killer beats but Khujo Goodie on said beats is a bit of a head scratcher. Its a different sound for Jarel thats for sure

The Gaslamp Killer - HELL And The LAKE OF FIRE Are Waiting For YOU! (mix)
Vadim Shatner - Summer (EP)
Holy Ghost - I Will Come Back (DJ Mehdi remix)
Goblin - Tenebre (SSUK edit)

Fleetings Joys - Despondent Transponder
Alcest - Souvenir d'un autre monde
Adorable - Against Perfection

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Nice! Let me know your thoughts.[/QUOTE]
I really love it, it's one of my favorite albums this year. I've recently been craving some hip hop, so I downloaded these yesterday,

Mos Def - The Ecstatic
Atmosphere - Leak at Will, When Life Gives You Lemons
Q-Tip - The Renaissance
J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid
DOOM - Born Like This

So far I like The Ecstatic the most. Have any suggestions on what else I should get?

Quasimoto, Madvillain, King Geedorah, more Dilla, The Roots, and Deltron 3030, Bioshocked.

NP: Shellac radio on Last.fm. Hasn't been a bad track yet. :cool:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Quasimoto, Madvillain, King Geedorah, more Dilla, The Roots, and Deltron 3030, Bioshocked.

NP: Shellac radio on Last.fm. Hasn't been a bad track yet. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Ah, I forgot to mention, those are just the albums I got yesterday. I have Madvillian and Deltron 3030.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I totally forgot about The Roots. #-o

Lizzy Parks - This And That (album)

a few new songs but it mostly contains acoustic versions of songs from Raise The Roof. The acoustic version of Soul Bird is awesome

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Ah, I forgot to mention, those are just the albums I got yesterday. I have Madvillian and Deltron 3030.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I totally forgot about The Roots. #-o[/QUOTE]

I think Liquid's list should hold ya over for now, but I'll definitely give you suggestions whenever!

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm listening to Aesop Rock's None Shall Pass. Check it out if you haven't, Bio.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, and El-P's Fantastic Damage and I'll Sleep When You're Dead.

Mr Woodnote - Winter of Woodshed (album) -----starts off bad and gets worse, he starts comparing America to terrorists in Palatine. Also, dude is definitely very anti-semitic

Street Fighter - Bionic Commando (Single) -----wanted the Surkin and Rusko remixes.

Ras G - Beat Soup (mix) -------- wish this dude was better known, he completely deserves it. But sadly thats the life of a DJ who mainly works on very limited releases (though its nice to see that he has been bumping up production to 500 copies on his newer mixes)

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Jesu - Silver[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. If you haven't listened to Heart Ache, you owe it to yourself. 'Ruined' is one of jesu's best songs.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Ayoe Angelica - I'm Amazed (album) --- this girl is really good. One of the best new acts of 2009[/QUOTE]

again, really dig this girl

[quote name='rabbitt']Good stuff. If you haven't listened to Heart Ache, you owe it to yourself. 'Ruined' is one of jesu's best songs.[/QUOTE]

That's currently spinning in me car. Likely his best shit.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Noise and Drone multitag radio on Last.fm.

So dang good.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a damn fine station. Didn't know there was multitag support now.

In The Woods... - Strange in Stereo (album)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That sounds like a damn fine station. Didn't know there was multitag support now.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I never really used their radio before they introduced multitag support. You can really get just what you want to listen to.

It's also great for finding artists. I'm listening to Karl Rossman's track Fragment IX (1971) on Noise and Drone radio and it's absolutely fantastic.

DJ Vadim - U Can't Lurn Imaginashun (album)

I swear, after almost 15 years, the dude still keeps getting better and better after everything he does

DJ Mitsu - A Word To The Wise (album)

[quote name='fart_bubble']Ras G - Beat Soup (mix) -------- wish this dude was better known, he completely deserves it. But sadly thats the life of a DJ who mainly works on very limited releases (though its nice to see that he has been bumping up production to 500 copies on his newer mixes)[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure I heard of this dude through you and I listened last time and he's dope but still haven't had the time to buy anything yet.

Artist: MarQ Spekt x Lex Boogie From The Bronx
Song: Guttersniping Feat. Lex Boogie
Album: Guilty Party

[quote name='headpiece747']Pretty sure I heard of this dude through you and I listened last time and he's dope but still haven't had the time to buy anything yet.
[/quote]

dude is essentially Sun-Ra doing glitch hip-hop. Its hard not to like him. Beat Soup is probably his best work to date (though you can't go wrong with anything he's released). The way he blends in Machine Gun by Portishead into it is fucking sick. Only thing that does suck, dude mastered it with a low volume so you really have to crank it.
He's supposed to have some crazy ass limited 1 of 1 mixes out there that if you stitch them all together, it creates one long mix.

Ras G - Beat Soup (mix)

VV Brown - Traveling Like The Light (album)

Swarrrm - Everything they've done except one compilation appearance.

Besides the CDs in my car, this is all I listened to for the past two days. Almost 5 hours and 89 songs of pure emotional chaos. There's a certain beauty in a total nervous breakdown.

bread's done
Back