Soul Calibur II XBOX

lyric706

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey everyone. I currently own Soul Calibur II on Gamecube, but I've been seeing some good deals on the XBOX version. Is it worth it to have both? What does the XBOX version have that the Cube doesn't (besides the different character)?

I used to have the Soul Calibur for the Cube. Bought it just for Link. I snagged SC for the Xbox yesterday, but haven't had time to play it yet.

I doubt you should pick it up for the Xbox unless you really love Spawn.

for what it costs to get the PS2 version I plan on picking it up. Although playing with two wavebirds is nice, playing with a controller that has a large D-Pad is even better.

Yeah, but the PS2/PS1 D-pad has always killed my thumb. The Cube D-pad is just ridiculous, so I'm hoping the Xbox D-pad won't be as bad as the other two.

Spawn, longer loading times (yep, i said it), and a better d-pad on a muddy feeling controller. I'd suggest getting one of the multi-console SC2 arcade sticks for $20 instead of getting another version that has a suckier character.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yeah, but the PS2/PS1 D-pad has always killed my thumb. The Cube D-pad is just ridiculous, so I'm hoping the Xbox D-pad won't be as bad as the other two.[/quote]

The Xbox D-pad is the worst out of the three. I never even got to play much CAPCOM vs. SNK2 because that thing was so horrible

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yeah, but the PS2/PS1 D-pad has always killed my thumb. The Cube D-pad is just ridiculous, so I'm hoping the Xbox D-pad won't be as bad as the other two.[/quote]

The Xbox D-pad is the worst out of the three. I never even got to play much CAPCOM vs. SNK2 because that thing was so horrible[/quote]

Bestbuy had a PS to Xbox (PS to GC also) converter for about $14.99. It works alot better than the Xbox D-pad. I use an old PS1 controller with it because the analog sticks aren't on it (sometimes they cause your character to keep jumping). Also, the non-analog buttons don't have to be pressed as hard with the old PS1 controller as with the Dual Shock. I don't remember the name of it (I'm at work), but when I get home I'll check.

I have zero problem playing fighting games with the regular original XBox controller. I don't get what everyone is bitching about. The controller S is a little better if you really can't stand the original d-pad style.

Even if the loading times on the XBox are longer (which I find hard to believe), it's still fast enough so you barely notice it. A very negligible difference.

Besides, Spawn is the best hidden character. So pfah.

I played the game with a Japanese S controller(the best controller IMO for the Xbox) and had tons of trouble pulling off moves. Even the DC pad is better

What's the best reason to get Soul Calibur for Xbox? Well, if you have an HDTV and component cables for the Xbox it displays in 720p which kicks the shit out of either of the other two consoles presentation. It looks like a PC game.

Weird how everyone has COMPLETELY different opinions...

IMO, ps2 has the best controller by far, followed by xbox s-type, then gamecube. The s-type d-pad is fine, but not as good as the ps2's.

As for loading time, I found the xbox one to be much faster, almost negligible. Gamecube has the 2nd fastest and ps2 is the slowest.

I think Link is the coolest. Spawn is next and Heihachi is repulsive.

I've played only the GC and Xbox versions and I don't really see how the GC pad would be superior. The XB pad (especially the D-pad) just feels more solid in my opinion, even over the DC pad. The graphics are indistinguishable to me, and I haven't seen any load time differences either.

I have both versions and it is FAR easier to play on the xbox controller. The dpad on the gamcube controller is way to small for my thumb- I constantly hit multiple directions when I don't want to. Also, the button layout on that controller is not the best for fighting games- very nonintuitive.

PS2 may have better D-PAD, but XBX has shoulder buttons and sticks. And fits the hand better.

But I haven't even played my SC2 yet. Just got it.

[quote name='BlaseDeviant']PS2 may have better D-PAD, but XBX has shoulder buttons and sticks. And fits the hand better.

But I haven't even played my SC2 yet. Just got it.[/quote]
I play with 2 fingers over the 4 buttons, so that doesn't really matter for me anyways.

[quote name='Battousai1002'][quote name='BlaseDeviant']PS2 may have better D-PAD, but XBX has shoulder buttons and sticks. And fits the hand better.

But I haven't even played my SC2 yet. Just got it.[/quote]
I play with 2 fingers over the 4 buttons, so that doesn't really matter for me anyways.[/quote]

I never understood how someone could feel comfortable playing that way. But I bet you get better response time since you can use two fingers opposed to one thumb.

the xbox version is more detailed in general, and magnified like x50000 with HDTV and the cables. how detailed you ask? VISIBLE NIPS and yeah everything looks better. id hunt down screenshots but im sure you know how. taki has pancakes, who'd of thunk?

[quote name='oranges']the xbox version is more detailed in general, and magnified like x50000 with HDTV and the cables. how detailed you ask? VISIBLE NIPS and yeah everything looks better. id hunt down screenshots but im sure you know how. taki has pancakes, who'd of thunk?[/quote]
Xbox version is more detailed and it's noticable, but you exaggerate.

...Why are you guys talking about using controllers for fighters? You're suppose to use JOYSTICKS on fighters! Get the Xbox RedOctane stick (cause it's cheap), and switch out all the aprts. www.redoctane.com

Anyway, I'll buy SC2 for XB, since it's a great price for it. Hopefully it wouldn't let me down.

Capcom Fighter for Life.

Not worth it for spawn unless you're a spawn fan, which you are probably not or else you would've already gotten it. They should rerelease it with all chars in one, that'd be naughty :lol:

bread's done
Back