Soul Calibur IV Hori Arcade Stick (PS3/360) $8 off at Amazon

I dug myself in a hole...I passed on the Amazon Soul calibur arcade stick on 360, now that I want it, it is sold out....where else can I get it for about $50? does Gamestop carry them? I dont even see them on their website

[quote name='Poor2More']little pricey for my taste, I will wait till it drops to $50[/QUOTE]

Like I always say....you snooze, you lose.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Like I always say....you snooze, you lose.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if they droped the price once they recieved the next shipment on 7/23. Right now its still OOS but as it says it will be available 7/23. I am hoping that I can get it for the cheaper rate then..

I don't know if this was mentioned, but you can use the PS3 stick on a PC if you like (probably can with the 360 version too)

If you just want the Fighting Stick 3 you could check your local GS.

I picked one up for $44.99 (open box since it was the last one, they used the box as display) about 3 weeks ago.

This is for those like me that get taxed by the state for Amazon orders. Still cheaper on Amazon tho even with tax but it put the stick in my hands way b4 SC comes out to get used to it.

So check ur local GS, if there is one left they CAN YMMV knock some $$$ if they find it in the back and it is boxless.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64248

Check your Zip code and call ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who is naive enough to think this will drop any further then $40/$51 is probably too cheap to be buying an arcade stick in the first place.

[quote name='MarkMan']nylonssmith, yes there is one coming. It will be better than the SC IV sticks, guaranteed.

That is all I can say, sorry.[/QUOTE]

You tease.

Hey MarkMan, what is your obsession with arcade sticks? I think it's amazing that you have so many, I am super-impressed, but are you just looking for the perfect one, or is it a hobby? (Like sword, or gun collecting).

[quote name='noodlez']If you just want the Fighting Stick 3 you could check your local GS.

I picked one up for $44.99 (open box since it was the last one, they used the box as display) about 3 weeks ago.

This is for those like me that get taxed by the state for Amazon orders. Still cheaper on Amazon tho even with tax but it put the stick in my hands way b4 SC comes out to get used to it.

So check ur local GS, if there is one left they CAN YMMV knock some $$$ if they find it in the back and it is boxless.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64248

Check your Zip code and call ahead[/QUOTE]
It used to be $29.99 at GS but they raised it $15 when the SC4 sticks came out.

[quote name='Nibi']You tease.

Hey MarkMan, what is your obsession with arcade sticks? I think it's amazing that you have so many, I am super-impressed, but are you just looking for the perfect one, or is it a hobby? (Like sword, or gun collecting).[/quote]

It is a hobby and I have a lot of fun with it. I think arcade sticks are wonderful (obviously). It's part of my life, not just my hobby. So that helps. ;)

Can't really elaborate on that, but yea. You'll see what's up sometime in the near future.

[quote name='MarkMan']nylonssmith, yes there is one coming. It will be better than the SC IV sticks, guaranteed.

That is all I can say, sorry.[/quote]
I heard a rumor that they may be making a sfIV stick that works on 360 and PS3. Anyone heard anything like that?

[quote name='rmb']I heard a rumor that they may be making a sfIV stick that works on 360 and PS3. Anyone heard anything like that?[/QUOTE]
that doesn't make much business sense; they'd sell half as many sticks, potentially.
unless the profit was twice as much due to a higher price. overhead on one stick would be less than two so they could market it as a better value. maybe. but i would put my money on probably not.

[quote name='rmb']I heard a rumor that they may be making a sfIV stick that works on 360 and PS3. Anyone heard anything like that?[/quote]

I can say with 100% certainty, that rumor is false.

I got a question I just ordered some parts from Lizardlick...

and I got this Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate

will I be able to swap out the original restrictor plate and replace it with this on the original stick and make it work without modding holes?

Nope. The stick in there is not a Sanwa, so it doesn't have a restrictor plate. You have to add it underneath the mechanism. There are tutorials of this on SRK. I suggest checking there.

Xbox360 version back in stock at Amazon for $51.99 shipped, for those of you who missed it the first time around get it while you still can at this price.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']I got a question I just ordered some parts from Lizardlick...

and I got this Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate

will I be able to swap out the original restrictor plate and replace it with this on the original stick and make it work without modding holes?[/quote]

I posted this two pages ago. And you will need to drill holes in the new restrictor plate.

[quote name='jdeluis']http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149488&referrerid=13029

http://www.championedition.com/?p=17

As for the joystick, taken from a website "You may also open the case by unscrewing the metal plate from the bottom of the controller, then use a Flathead screwdriver at the base of the shaft to screw the ball/bat top on or off. The joystick was designed to be adjusted this way."

Should be more than enough info. Once you get your stick everything well seem easier to understand.[/quote]

i like the feel of the joystick and buttons BUT there's no weight to the joystick so it moves around during gameply =\...

[quote name='TURBO']that doesn't make much business sense; they'd sell half as many sticks, potentially.
unless the profit was twice as much due to a higher price. overhead on one stick would be less than two so they could market it as a better value. maybe. but i would put my money on probably not.[/quote]

:roll: Huh? It's folly to assume they'd sell less from a retail standpoint because of multi-console compatibility. Any sales lost from people buying, say, 2 separate sticks would made up for by those who own both consoles and would be looking for a universal solution. Plus, make it good enough, and the hardcore crowd will gobble them up to praise and mod. The difference in parts, amortized over the thousands made, to make it dual-compatible, is most likely less than $1 a stick. Plus they get to say "we're the only universal on the market right now" at a retail level...

according to the man in the know, it's not happening anyways, but it wouldn't be stupid if it did.

[quote name='Ronin317']:roll: Huh? It's folly to assume they'd sell less from a retail standpoint because of multi-console compatibility. Any sales lost from people buying, say, 2 separate sticks would made up for by those who own both consoles and would be looking for a universal solution. Plus, make it good enough, and the hardcore crowd will gobble them up to praise and mod. The difference in parts, amortized over the thousands made, to make it dual-compatible, is most likely less than $1 a stick. Plus they get to say "we're the only universal on the market right now" at a retail level...

according to the man in the know, it's not happening anyways, but it wouldn't be stupid if it did.[/QUOTE]
it would be a lot more than $1 more a stick due to licensing. Hori also doesn't have any real competition atm. there are other sticks (madcatz) but they're nowhere near as good. if someone is into fighting games enough to want to buy a stick, they're going to buy a stick. thats how i see it at least.

Is that bat top and octagonal gate mod possible on the FS3 SCIV stick? I haven't looked at the insides yet so I'm not sure how different they are, but I do know that the FS3 doesn't have a shaft cover for its stick.

...or did he add the shaft cover?

[quote name='heavyd853']Is that bat top and octagonal gate mod possible on the FS3 SCIV stick? I haven't looked at the insides yet so I'm not sure how different they are, but I do know that the FS3 doesn't have a shaft cover for its stick.

...or did he add the shaft cover?[/quote]

I just opened mine up and yes it is the same!

my parts should come by friday and will be modding away this weekend

[quote name='MarkMan']It is a hobby and I have a lot of fun with it. I think arcade sticks are wonderful (obviously). It's part of my life, not just my hobby. So that helps. ;)

Can't really elaborate on that, but yea. You'll see what's up sometime in the near future.[/quote]

Bring on the MarkMan Museum of Joysticks!

[quote name='TURBO']it would be a lot more than $1 more a stick due to licensing.[/quote]

Which is why I said PARTS. And they'd have to pay licensing for separate sticks regardless...

I agree Hori is making the best, and are kinda by themselves at this point in the B&M Retail market (is Nuby still around?), but I'm quite sure if a brand like Pelican actually wanted to put out a stick that competed on quality, they could do it, but they seem more apt to competing specifically on price first.

[quote name='Ronin317']Which is why I said PARTS. And they'd have to pay licensing for separate sticks regardless...

I agree Hori is making the best, and are kinda by themselves at this point in the B&M Retail market (is Nuby still around?), but I'm quite sure if a brand like Pelican actually wanted to put out a stick that competed on quality, they could do it, but they seem more apt to competing specifically on price first.[/quote]

I can't trust Pelican to put out another stick like that PS2 Arcade stick that fried PS2 game ports (my friend's PS2 got damaged from a stick I got him for his bday). Even if it was a wireless stick, Pelican would find some way to muck up my XBox.

Hori should just release their RAP sticks out here already. I'm sure the exporters make more money on them than Hori.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']I just opened mine up and yes it is the same!

my parts should come by friday and will be modding away this weekend[/quote]

Ah awesome! Thanks!

Just placed my order, lets see how well I like the sanwa dealies.

[quote name='TURBO']it would be a lot more than $1 more a stick due to licensing. Hori also doesn't have any real competition atm. there are other sticks (madcatz) but they're nowhere near as good. if someone is into fighting games enough to want to buy a stick, they're going to buy a stick. thats how i see it at least.[/QUOTE]

The SF Anniversary stick was xbox/ps2 compatible but I think the licensing/copy protection stuff on the Xbox controller makes it pricier to do something like that now. It's too bad.

[quote name='GreenMonkey']The SF Anniversary stick was xbox/ps2 compatible but I think the licensing/copy protection stuff on the Xbox controller makes it pricier to do something like that now. It's too bad.[/QUOTE]

The Soul Calibur II stick was also xbox/ps2/gamecube compatible, though it doesn't work on my ps3 with a ps2 adapter...

[quote name='fujishig']The Soul Calibur II stick was also xbox/ps2/gamecube compatible, though it doesn't work on my ps3 with a ps2 adapter...[/quote]

I was disappointed too that none of the PS2 adapters could translate the SC2 stick to the PS3 correctly.

I only have one of the original FS3 and VF EX2 sticks. Might as well get a 2nd stick for both systems at these prices. And how do I say no when I already own the SC2 and 3 sticks?

So I ordered both sticks yesterday and they just came in...$3.99 overnight w/ Prime is awesome! I'm a little more satisfied seeing the art in person. It's not the best design choices, but it's decent enough. I wish they'd go back to using the character illustrations like they did on the SC2 stick instead of the 3D art models of stuff.

[quote name='fujishig']The Soul Calibur II stick was also xbox/ps2/gamecube compatible, though it doesn't work on my ps3 with a ps2 adapter...[/quote]

the Nuby tech one correct? That was a piece of sh$% in terms of quality

Finally caved and put in an order for a ps3 stick. They don't get back in stock until the 25th however, hopefully it comes in time for SCIV :D

Got my stick and went ahead and modded it with the 8-way gate and bat-top...after I got done, I plugged it in to test it out and discovered that they mixed up the wiring on the down and left switches. Normally I would just be able to swap the position of the switches themselves, but since I used super glue to attach the gate, I had to disconnect and re-solder the wires from the switches. I can't believe they made such a goofy mistake.

[quote name='mrjelloman']I can't trust Pelican to put out another stick like that PS2 Arcade stick that fried PS2 game ports (my friend's PS2 got damaged from a stick I got him for his bday). Even if it was a wireless stick, Pelican would find some way to muck up my XBox.

Hori should just release their RAP sticks out here already. I'm sure the exporters make more money on them than Hori.[/quote]

Oh, I agree. It would be great if Hori could work a deal with, say, Gamestop to sell them exclusively, perhaps even special order. Not that I'm the biggest GS fan, but it would be nice to have some option other than ordering from playasia or something. Hell even work a deal with Gamefly or Amazon...I'm not sure that Hori has much, if any, of a marketing presence or even offices or distribution in the US. If anyone from Hori is listening...I'm available to run US Marketing ops for them. heheh...

I was thinking about getting a 360 version to accompany 1942: Joint Strike for the nostalgia factor.

Does anyone who already has one of these feel that it translates well?

I'd assume, at least from my experience that it feels pretty different from the majority of arcade sticks and machines in the US, the square gate and ball top make it seem kinda funky at first. But once you get past that feeling, its pretty great.

Haven't tried any shooters on it yet though, so take what I say wit ha grain of salt or something.

Is this the cheapest sticks get? I don't need anything for any sort of competetive play-I'm a casual fighter-but I want to get one to make the experience more enjoyable.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Is this the cheapest sticks get? I don't need anything for any sort of competetive play-I'm a casual fighter-but I want to get one to make the experience more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]
The cheapest? That would be the Mad Catz Arcade Stick. I saw it in my local Game Stop the other day for $9.99 new (and it includes $20 in XBLA games), but it certainly won't make the expierence more enjoyable to you.

I went ahead and ought the Hori stick for the 360. Thanks for the heads-up

Does anyone know what PS3 adaptor I should use with the PS2 Tekken 4 Stick? I really want to continue using it , if possible, since it's a nice stick.

[quote name='Decker']Does anyone know what PS3 adaptor I should use with the PS2 Tekken 4 Stick? I really want to continue using it , if possible, since it's a nice stick.[/QUOTE]
MarkMan said something about an official Hori one, but i dont remember where it was.

[quote name='Poor2More']Is their a difference between the Virtual FIghter Arcade Stick 360 and the Soul Calubur stick 360? If so which one is better?[/QUOTE]

It's the same stick. So it depends on whether you like the SC stickers or not. I think the DOA stick is also the same stick but with other stickers

[quote name='Decker']The cheapest? That would be the Mad Catz Arcade Stick. I saw it in my local Game Stop the other day for $9.99 new (and it includes $20 in XBLA games), but it certainly won't make the expierence more enjoyable to you.[/quote]

That's quite misleading. The Mad Catz stick isn't a Fighting Stick - it's more like an Atari 2600 style joystick. And it blows, regardless of price.

As for your other question, check a page or so back - markman gave a few recommendations on the PS2->PS3 adapters.

[quote name='Poor2More']Hey guys I just picked up a Hori Ex2 Fighting Stick at Gamestop (regular Hori, no stickers)[/quote]

How much was it at GS?? I know that it did go down to $40 at one point(during Gamedays?), but the website did list it for $60 after that. Interested at picking one up there for $40, thanks :)

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes, please see below...

They work perfectly on PS3 if you have either a Pelican PS2 to PS3 adapter or REAL PS2/PS3 converter. You can read my review and some info on each converter here:

The only bad thing about the REAL PS2/PS3 converter is the fact that it performs poorly with Dual Shock 2 controllers ;([/QUOTE]

OK, I found his post, but I can't find either of these two products on the internet (excpet some bozo on ebay who wants $50-$70 for the Pelican model--used!). Anyone know where I can get one of these? I really love my Tekken 5 stick and would like to use it again.

There are tons of cheap-o adaptors, but I take it they're all crappy and laggy?

I have a somewhat OT question, but seems to be the best spot for it.

I currently have the HORI Real Stick (PS2)
http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=Playstation2&cat=AC&product=28434&q=

I bought an adapter for my ps3, but its just not very responsive (I actually don't know if its the stick or the fact that I've only played ps2 fighting games on the ps3 so far, but I have the original ps3 with hardware ps2 support, so I assumed it was the stick/adapter).

So, I have a two options relating to SC4, and I'm looking for advice mainly. I can:
- Buy SC4 on Xbox and buy a new stick (for yoda and xbox live)
- Buy a new (better) ps2-ps3 adapter, hope it works and get PS3 SC4 (save money, have a better stick)

Any thoughts?

bread's done
Back