SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']PS3 for me, hope the fighter thread people are ready. I mean with the hard wins to get from them and all.[/quote]

Regardless of the match result I have with anyone... I will guarantee to give you a hard on no matter what.

No typo.

lol.

If the game's netcode sucks, I won't be playing online much. Especially early on when I'm trying to test/break down the game.

[quote name='MarkMan']Regardless of the match result I have with anyone... I will guarantee to give you a hard on no matter what.

No typo.

lol.

If the game's netcode sucks, I won't be playing online much. Especially early on when I'm trying to test/break down the game.[/quote]

Lulz, I had to re-read that a few times.;) I'm sure you could tell I was just poking fun at RR a little bit with his comment. He should know anyway I wasn't being serious. I hope to have fun playing with you guys AND get better. Only way to get better is to practice/learn from your mistakes from someone else. I really hope the lag is minimal, or else I doubt I play online that much as well.

I do hope the netcode dosn't suck. Hopefully Project Soul talked to Tekken Team and learned what went wrong with Tekken DR Online. Either that or just make SCIV online not suck. Even if it does I won't be bumbed.

I have no idea which version I'm getting now that I have a PS3. I'm leaning towards the PS3 version right now, just because my Gold account on XBL expired and I really want to play online.

Hopefully there still are a few non-bonus characters to be revealed yet. Bring back Hwang, Namco!

xbox version for me. Its kinda surprising to me how many of you guys have both systems and have to make the decision of which system to get games for. Me..i only got 360. My choice is made already. MG4 was my biggest test in getting a ps3. I almost crumpled and gave in and got one but i stood strong.

Got nothing against ps3, just cant justify spending that much money on more games.

and heres an awesome picture i found on scu

darthsiegfriedon0.png

:lol: I still think life is more complicated when you own all current systems. yes there's more variety but too many choices. when I choose wii games, that's easy though.

[quote name='sleepy180']xbox version for me. Its kinda surprising to me how many of you guys have both systems and have to make the decision of which system to get games for. Me..i only got 360. My choice is made already. MG4 was my biggest test in getting a ps3. I almost crumpled and gave in and got one but i stood strong.

Got nothing against ps3, just cant justify spending that much money on more games.
[/quote]

I was gonna stick with just the 360 too, but unlike you I couldn't resist Metal Gear. The whole $100 off Sony Card deal really pushed me over the edge though. And with 0% interest for a year on it, I can justify it a little easier paying off a little at a time.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']I could never own just one console.[/QUOTE]

my roomate has a wii with all the best games .mario.zelda.ssbb.mario kart... but i dont really play it. SSBB was such a letdown that i just never could bring myself to pick up the wii controller again. Except when the gf miraculously gets an itch to play some wii. which is pretty rare.

[quote name='sleepy180']my roomate has a wii with all the best games .mario.zelda.ssbb.mario kart... but i dont really play it. SSBB was such a letdown that i just never could bring myself to pick up the wii controller again. Except when the gf miraculously gets an itch to play some wii. which is pretty rare.[/quote]

Kinda the same here, my friend has a Wii and IMO the best game I've played for it was No More Heroes. Everything else has just been okay, and Brawls online was terrible. I have a PS3/360 but prefer most games on my PS3. Anyway SC4 is actually turning out a lot better since we've moved past the Star Wars shit. The CAS has really impressed me.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120'] Anyway SC4 is actually turning out a lot better since we've moved past the Star Wars shit. The CAS has really impressed me.[/QUOTE]

WTF???? there's star wars character in this!??? fuck it!!!!

but yeah, the CAS portion of the game is very distracting which will help me forget that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']WTF???? there's star wars character in this!??? fuck it!!!!

but yeah, the CAS portion of the game is very distracting which will help me forget that.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='sleepy180']my roomate has a wii with all the best games .mario.zelda.ssbb.mario kart... but i dont really play it. SSBB was such a letdown that i just never could bring myself to pick up the wii controller again. Except when the gf miraculously gets an itch to play some wii. which is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. The Wii is terrible. I only bought it for NMH and ToS2. Still had to have it though.

[quote name='akilshohen']that happened so quick that I'm forgetting how they said you can activate them.[/QUOTE]

When you break someones armor, you have about like 2 seconds to do a critical finish but only if their crystal thing is red from blocking too much.

Yoda's, Mitsurugi's, siegfrieds, and hilde's Critical Finishes

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9eJ-JcHWo[/MEDIA]

Is anyone going to try and learn this game competitively/tournament level? I've been yearning for a 3D fighter(popular one; sorry VF5 and DoA4 fans) to play... Hopefully this game really is well made and not as broken as 3. I would love it if the old scene made a comeback.

SC is probably the only fighting game I play serious. It's been my favorite fighting game since SC for dream cast came out. So yes MM, I will be trying to learn the game on a tourney level.

[quote name='MarkMan']Is anyone going to try and learn this game competitively/tournament level? I've been yearning for a 3D fighter(popular one; sorry VF5 and DoA4 fans) to play... Hopefully this game really is well made and not as broken as 3. I would love it if the old scene made a comeback.[/QUOTE]

I'll try if I like the game... it helps that I don't have to use the 360 pad like I do with VF5, so that right there will raise my level of commitment.

[quote name='MarkMan']This will hold me over until Tekken 6 (hopefully)...
[/QUOTE]

I'm in the very same boat.

I oddly forget it but it's really nice to know Tekken 6 will probably have trophies... I'll be shooting for platinum :)

My contact at Namco USA hasn't said anything. But NBGI will probably have something soon if not at E3...

Tekken 6 IS listed on the Namco investor report for this fiscal year. So expect it at the latest March of 2009.

I hope it (tekken 6) is out before january... I can wait if it makes it better though. I expect to be surprised with the extra modes as I always am.

in terms of Soul Calibur, SC XBLA is confirmed for this Wed.

I've decided to stick with PS3 for this game.

I am curious what kind of difference online play will be between PSN and Live, though, and want to hear MM's impressions of the two.

I'll do a lot of testing and I'm sure people on Soul Calibur forums will as well. So I'll be checking here and there to see what the differences are between both versions. Cuz I'm 100% sure they are NOT identical.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']ill probably hold off until i get a consensus from MM about which version he would dub superior.[/quote]

Sounds like a great plan.

July 1, 2008 - Xbox 360 Achievements Revealed

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/soulcaliburiv/

There are 50 achievements worth 1010 points

Single Player Achievements: 45
Multiplayer Achievements: 5

sc4achjl6.jpg

29-33 are online achievements. But i like this achievment list. Nothing seems too hard at all. No impossible online achievements either. Everything seems attainable with just a little time and effort which i like. I am curious as to why there are 1010 though instead of the usual 1000.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I was being honest >_<

oh well :p[/quote]

Oh....

:bow::bow::bow:

I'm not WORTHY OF YOUR GREATNESS!!!!!!

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Oh....

:bow::bow::bow:

I'm not WORTHY OF YOUR GREATNESS!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:lol: really it's easier than it sounds. with about 100 fights through SCIV I think anyone can get more than half of the achievements.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: really it's easier than it sounds. with about 100 fights through SCIV I think anyone can get more than half of the achievements.[/quote]

None of them really sound that bad, just time consuming for some of them. I'm sure I'll get them all eventually if/when I pick it up for X360.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']None of them really sound that bad, just time consuming for some of them. I'm sure I'll get them all eventually if/when I pick it up for X360.[/QUOTE]

it's faster than it sounds... rounds go by fast in SC and alot of stuff happens during those rounds. play alot for about a week and you can probably say you have most of the achievements.

I'm just hoping now that it gets trophies on the PS3.

bread's done
Back