SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

July 7, 2008 - New Bonus Character Revealed - Kamikirimusi

Kamikirimusi

Another character have been announced for the upcoming Soul Calibur IV for PS3 and 360. This is another character created by a guest designer. This time from an anime character creator/director Hirokazu Hisayuki, famous for his works in "Mai-HiME/My-OtoHiME" projects and "Future GPX Cyber Formula" projects.

The new character's name is "Kamikirimusi", and she is a living survivor of the Japanese Demon race. How her story is tied to the Soul Calibur world and whether she will appear in the story mode is still unknown.

-------------------------------
Above information are taken and translated from the Japanese magazine scan.

1215437160865rt7.jpg

That art is too anime'ish for me but ingame she doesn't look too bad. And is that seig's stance? Clone of seigfreid?

Personally i think this is how it will go. If that rumor that 2 more Star Wars characters is true which i think it is.

scetsc401vm8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The in-game model looks pretty great. Can't tell if she's got a deformed head like Angol Fear, but it doesn't look like it. If she's another Siegfried though, she's going to compete for playtime with my CAS Siegfried clone.

[quote name='sleepy180']

That art is too anime'ish for me but ingame she doesn't look too bad. And is that seig's stance? Clone of seigfreid?
[/QUOTE]

yeah, the art is meh... but it's already been stated that all guest characters share the same movesets as regular characters.

Woo! She looks cool! Its amazing. Keep them coming. Every time I see a new character announced I rejoice. I don't care if they are clones of other characters. Its still more characters to play at! Yay. Me very excited.

I hope you are right about the Jedi part Sleepy. The mystery behind those two slots is blowing me up. Who could they be....who could they be...Even if they were to be two jedis.....WHO. Could it be Luke....or could it be Obi wan. Or could it be....argh I can't think about it anymore. My head is racing in excitement. I'll keep posted for further news.

I once again thank you all for your great 24/7 SCIV news coverage. You are truly the number 1 source of SCIV news.

Rolento, that comic made me laugh. I am even more excited for the character customization. Imagine the possibilities.....Darth Vader in a swimsuit! Darth Vader in a cat suit! wuahahahahha. Doesn't any kind of customization to Darth Vader sound really weird? I cannot imagine Darth Vader wearing anything else than his black evil suit.

The level of customization in this game is unprecedented for a fighting game, let alone any type of game. I'm real curious to know how much difference the equipment stat-changes make to the various characters of even if they have any real bearing on the gameplay. But either way, I'm excited about it.

If there has to be any more Star Wars characters, then I know who I want:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5qgbrJL9e4[/media]

i guess she is from HISAYUKI Hirokazu, character designer for Mai HiME.

From another forum:

"kamikiri" means godslayer. The "mushi" kanji (mushibamu) can mean some different things. Here maybe it means worm-like or bug-like or lowly creature. It's all sort of the same meaning in Japanese! =^.^=

Another character have been announced for the upcoming Soul Calibur IV for PS3 and 360. This is another character created by a guest designer. This time from an anime character creator/director Hirokazu Hisayuki, famous for his works in "Mai-HiME/My-OtoHiME" projects and "Future GPX Cyber Formula" projects.

The new character's name is "Kamikirimusi", and she is a living survivor of the Japanese Demon race. How her story is tied to the Soul Calibur world and whether she will appear in the story mode is still unknown.

[quote name='sleepy180']i guess she is from HISAYUKI Hirokazu, character designer for Mai HiME.

From another forum:[/quote]

The character designer for Mai Hime?! I am so going to use her!

[quote name='B:L']Hmm...

"Growing up in the war-torn farming village of Bizen, Japan, Mitsurugi witnessed his parents' murder at the tender age of 14."

*checks SOULCALIBUR.COM'S Souls link to look at Mitsu's profile again*

"Parents and siblings all taken by sickness."

:error:[/quote]
They were murdered by sickness!

ehhh i hope so... there are some real fighting gamers on there, but none of them are known for SC... but I'm gonna get a copy anyways to support real fighting gamers writing guides *thumbs up* !

Haha, I remember when I played WoW I came across one of the people who wrote strategy guides for Prima (I think). Anyways, she hated kingdom hearts 2 because she apparently spent over 200 hours going through all aspects of that game and figuring everything out, sounds like a rough job.

On a side note I'm suprised Vader sounds like more of a mind-gamey type character with his force skills than a raaaaar pummel them-er.

[quote name='MarkMan']ehhh i hope so... there are some real fighting gamers on there, but none of them are known for SC... but I'm gonna get a copy anyways to support real fighting gamers writing guides *thumbs up* ![/QUOTE]

like yourself ;)

I just got the soul calibur IV hori arcade stick from amazon today.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1215645891&sr=8-1

And i must say....i miss my real arcade pro. This one is hella thin and is not built very sturdy IMO. I feel like within 6 months i will end up breaking this bitch. I will definitly be getting the hori real arcade pro when playasia starts taking preorders. But this stick i would say is a decent starting stick for fans that havn't used one before.

Does anyone know if the street fighter 4 stick that is suppose to be releasing soon is gonna be based on anything previous, like this one was the fighting stick ex 2. Hopefully the sf4 wont be like this one with just a sf4 sticker on it.

[quote name='sleepy180']And i must say....i miss my real arcade pro. This one is hella thin and is not built very sturdy IMO. I feel like within 6 months i will end up breaking this bitch. I will definitly be getting the hori real arcade pro when playasia starts taking preorders. But this stick i would say is a decent starting stick for fans that havn't used one before.[/quote]
Thats All I really need one for right now. If I like it I can always get a better stick sometime down the road.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to wait on the SFIV stick, even though I'm going to get it when it comes out regardless. I'm way too used to playing anything SC with a stick because of the tiny gameroom at my university that has SCII!

...but then again the sticks I used for SCII were all bat sticks, I don't know how well I'd like a ball one.

I am planning to get the SFIV stick. I'm going to make it a point to get it since i've held out so long to get a stick.

also, the install size is 2.58 GB for SCIV PS3 and 2mb save file. Makes sense and is not that harsh of an install to be honest. It is also supposedly optional which is sweet... I'm installing though if it means fast loads.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=465358

Just saw the achievement list. Hell has frozen, a Japanese game has reasonable online achievements. Take that that Ace Combat 6 and Culdcept Saga.

Yea man, I can see it now.. 3 weeks of pure fun and enjoyment.

Then someone finds the gamebreaking glitch. Then it gets abandoned by the competitive community.

It'll be awesome.

-_-

(Really hopes this doesn't happen again)..

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea man, I can see it now.. 3 weeks of pure fun and enjoyment.

Then someone finds the gamebreaking glitch. Then it gets abandoned by the competitive community.

It'll be awesome.

-_-

(Really hopes this doesn't happen again)..[/QUOTE]

:rofl: 90% full of truth sadly. I wish developers would support their games longer than it seems... kinda like what bungie does for halo, namco I wish would do for this... :(

I guess with the new online-centric community though, if/when glitches are found, they could update it, kinda like arcade revisions. It's just a matter of if Namco is as awesome as I want them to be.

RR: Honestly, I think it'll be just as bad as Tekken.

The truth is, Namco doesn't see a problem with the online play IN JAPAN.

Namco of America doesn't know any better and Japan doesn't think there is a problem.

Someone feel free to call me out on this if I'm wrong (I'll be right, so don't look for this post again unless you want your heart to sink deeper).

The thing with the current fighting game netcode with T5DR... in Japanese online play with two people from Japan. It is almost flawless. They are able to do very timing strict combos etc... They have superior internet connections and networks in Japan. We're still playing catch up with that shit and probably will over the next decade. ;/

bread's done
Back