South Park: TFBW Contest Over. Congrats, Shinra_Soldier7!

It's very, very good so far. It's aged well, and looks more like its from 2011 or something than from 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, then a 100 GS achievement I got cannot fit in any category, great

Probably should've looked at the categories before getting it, but whatever

Is anyone else that's doing this contest finding the palindrome category to be very, very hard? I can't seem to find an achievement with a palindrome that's not one letter anywhere

Is anyone else that's doing this contest finding the palindrome category to be very, very hard? I can't seem to find an achievement with a palindrome that's not one letter anywhere
kinda is yah. i was trying to beat Octodad for an achievement with the word Dad in it but the game got too frustrating for me. Did find another game with another game though. hardest category I had was the achievement with Big, Bigger, or Biggest.

Some of the categories are tougher than others on purpose.  It's like achievements in games; you get those first few easy ones for finishing the tutorial or making your first kill, finding your first collectible, etc. and it gives you a little feeling of progression or accomplishment, but then there are the ones that you know are going to be extremely tough to get, or will take some time.  It's good to have that mix.

The contest on the other site that I borrowed (stole?) this idea from was like that, too.  They had 12 categories as well, and there were a couple I just could not get.  Scoured my backlog with no luck.

Out of curiosity, I looked up my achievements so far for the month of May to see how many categories I'd unlocked without trying to.  If I were someone just stumbling across this contest now, I could fill 7 of the categories for sure, with one other iffy one that I'd have to plead my case for.  That's why I hope even if people are just seeing this now, they'll still give it a shot, even if they only get a few of the categories.

Went through the list today. Doing much much worse than I thought.

What if I don't know how to pronounce a word, but it might rhyme? I'll make this potential entry public even though it will hurt my chances of winning, but I'm so far behind it doesn't matter. "Sancti Sepulchri" Does that rhyme? 

I was originally gonna play BioShock 2 next, since I just finished BioShock and I'm playing them on the Xbox Game Pass trial, but I realized another game I own (which I won't mention) has a lot of achievements that fit categories and are higher gamerscore than the ones I had in.

Sometimes, it's just about finding the right game, whether it's easy to get the achievements or not.

Went through the list today. Doing much much worse than I thought.

What if I don't know how to pronounce a word, but it might rhyme? I'll make this potential entry public even though it will hurt my chances of winning, but I'm so far behind it doesn't matter. "Sancti Sepulchri" Does that rhyme?
Nope, sorry, doesn't rhyme.

I was originally gonna play BioShock 2 next, since I just finished BioShock and I'm playing them on the Xbox Game Pass trial, but I realized another game I own (which I won't mention) has a lot of achievements that fit categories and are higher gamerscore than the ones I had in.

Sometimes, it's just about finding the right game, whether it's easy to get the achievements or not.
That's true. Zed to Zed does achievement-based contests each month, and I'll sometimes hold off on games that I'm thinking of playing, or specific achievements I'm going after until the calendar changes to the next month so I can use it for the next month. Right now I'm holding off on my last couple of achievements in Thimbleweed Park and certain ones in Injustice 2 so I can use them for June contests.

A couple questions
For the one where you need an achievement with a type of food in it will a beverage count?

And would Radio be a music related word?

What about "Return of the Jedi" for movies or is that technically not a full title?

"Dancing" for music related?

What about "Return of the Jedi" for movies or is that technically not a full title?

"Dancing" for music related?
"Return of the Jedi" is technically not the full title, but I'm going to make a special exception to my hard fast rule and accept it. It sort of comes down to letter of the law vs. spirit of the law for me; I'm a spirit of the law guy, and in my whole life, when talking about that movie, I don't think I've ever referred to it as "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi". So that one is OK for the movie category.

I'll also accept "Dancing" in the music word category. It's borderline, but dancing without music seems ridiculous to me, so it passes.

Guess I'm feeling lenient this morning. :)

If you're feeling lenient, does "defeat" count as a sports word?

I literally got a 100 GS achievement and can't put it anywhere, this is stupid

I'll accept "defeat" as a sports word. Also, "victory", "win", or "loss". Hard to imagine listening to sports talk radio for 5 minutes without hearing at least one of those words.

YES, thank you

That's literally the only category this one achievement would fit in

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find one with the pun.
Yeah, I only found one and I may have to explain the achievement or it'll sound dumb, lol

Also the mammal one is looking impossible for me

I am pretty much done. For me the palindrome, food, and especially the color ones were the hardest for me. I kept coming across ones with colors in it but they seemed to always involve playing the game for days and I don't have time for that.

The Pun one will also be an issue if the one I plan to submit isn't accepted.

The pun category can be tricky.  I've noticed that games tend to either use a bunch of punny, word-play type achievement titles or none at all.  When I entered a contest like this on Zed to Zed, there was a pun category in their contest, too.  The game I found mine in had a ton of punny achievement titles.

Seeing as it is now June 1st (Happy Anniversary to my parents), the time for unlocking is done, and the time for submitting is here.  Just wanted to bump this to remind everyone that you've got a week to pm me your entries.  I'll accept entries through June 7th, then I'll determine if we have any overlap on entries and how points need to be divided if we do.  Everyone will be assigned a range of numbers based on that, and then a random number generator will pick our winner.

If you're just discovering this contest now, you're not too late!  If you look back over the achievements and/or trophies you unlocked in May, there's a good chance you got a few of the categories in this contest without even trying to.  Even if you only unlock one of them, that's enough to get you in the drawing.  You've got nothing to lose, and potentially an awesome game to gain.

One other note- I've updated the scoring explanation in the OP of the thread to include platinum trophies.  It's always been that trophies will be worth the gamerscore that the XB version of the game rewards, and if a game is a PS exclusive, bronze trophies are worth 10, silver are 30 and gold are 100.  It was an oversight on my part to not include platinums in the explanation.  They are worth 200.

EDIT- Thought of one more thing.  Category 5 (palindrome) seems to be a tough one, so in case there's any confusion, I wanted to clear one thing up- the entire title of the A/T does not need to be a palindrome, it just needs to have a palindromic word in it, so something like this or this would work just fine.

Had a long day at work and didn't do the last minute achievements I wanted to do. Still will enter what I've unlocked and love the idea. Now that I'm more settled at work, I should be able to plan for future ones.

Thanks for hosting this

Just wanted to bump this thread to remind anyone following it that you need to get your entries in if you haven't already.  Deadline is Wednesday, the 7th at midnight.  Thursday morning I'll let random.org determine our winner.  So far, only six (6!!) people have entered.  This does not bode well for the prospect of more A/T Scattergories type contests in the future, but it does bode well for your chances if you've been on the fence about entering this one.  When was the last time you found yourself with 1 in 10 (or possibly better) odds of winning a $60 game with the price of entry being 2 minutes of copying and pasting?  When do you think that will happen again?  Come on and enter already!  You've got nothing to lose and some sweet sweet South Park gaming to gain!   :joystick:  :hot:

I might enter this then, is it too late to earn trophies for it. If so, I might still have a few I can submit to you

Edit: just got my answer in the OP, still have some I'll submit though, hopefully tonight I'll get them to you.

I just sent my entry to you... I did a lot better than I thought I would.  There were only 3 categories that I wasn't able to get done... The music related one (which I had a couple that I could have stretched it with), Big/Bigger/Biggest, and the Rhyming one (which unfortunately I had one that rhymed, but it was 3 words with only the first and second rhyming.

All in all, not too bad. 330 Gamerscore from 9 achievements. 

PM Sent.  Awesome contest man.  I think one of mine might not count but you never know.  Looking forward to see how this turns out!

One final bump to the thread to let everyone know that today is the final day to enter the contest.  If you haven't done it yet, do it now!! :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  

Tomorrow morning I will double and triple check for any overlap in achievements or trophies submitted (there has been at least a couple of duplicate entries), then I'll divide the points for those entries (as explained in the OP) to figure out how many points everyone has, assign all entrants a block of numbers, and pick our winner using random.org to generate a random number.

:whistle2:k Question for anyone already entered:  Would you like to know everyone's number of entries and odds of winning before I select a winner?  Or would you rather not know?  In other words, would you like me to post a list in this thread tomorrow morning something like this:

DarkKnight81286:  350 entries, 14% chance of winning

Monster Salad:       200 entries,  8% chance of winning

CAG4LIFE92:         680 entries, 26% chance of winning

etc.

Post in here to let me know.  Yea or Nay, majority rules.

I'd definitely like to know. Not only am I interested in how well I did compared to other people, but I wanna see my chances of winning, of course

:whistle2:k Question for anyone already entered: Would you like to know everyone's number of entries and odds of winning before I select a winner? Or would you rather not know? In other words, would you like me to post a list in this thread tomorrow morning something like this:

DarkKnight81286: 350 entries, 14% chance of winning

Monster Salad: 200 entries, 8% chance of winning

CAG4LIFE92: 680 entries, 26% chance of winning

etc.

Post in here to let me know. Yea or Nay, majority rules.
I haven't entered, but I would definitely post the entries/odds table because it would add an extra layer of transparency to the contest.

Just my 2¢.

I haven't entered, but I would definitely post the entries/odds table because it would add an extra layer of transparency to the contest.

Just my 2¢.
A fair point. All right, you've talked me into it. Tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. EST, I'll post a list of all the entrants, the points their entries earned them, and their odds of winning, based on those points. It will be like the NBA Draft Lottery, seeing who has the best chance at landing the #1 pick. Except in this lottery, there is only one pick. But all of this begs the question.... why haven't you entered?

I vote yes. Additionally, you should also pick the best entry (aka Danimal's favorites) for each category and post them too. But only if you have time/feel like it Danimal!
But what if they're all my favorites? :grouphug:

When will you post the winner? Will it be there along with everyone's odds, orrr?

When will you post the winner? Will it be there along with everyone's odds, orrr?

I'll post the winner a little later. Gotta give everyone a little time to sweat it out. I'm thinking of the NBA Draft Lottery again, all the anticipation leading up to it, thinking about the odds for your team. Tomorrow is my day off, and I should be home around noon, so let's call that the time.

9:00 a.m. EST- List of all entrants points and odds will be posted

12:00 noon, EST- Winner will be posted.

By the way, as of this moment, there are still less than 10 people entered. I'm really surprised so few people are interested in taking a shot at this game.

I've yet to play the first one still, but isn't the second one supposed to include the first one too?

Awesome, I'll get to play both whether I win this or buy it later

Yeah, if you missed it the first time around, that code for Stick of Truth being added in is an awesome bonus. Such a great game! Tons of callbacks to the show, funny as hell; it really was like playing an extended episode of the show. And it's not like, well, it's a last gen game, so it will look old- it looked like the show then, it still will now. Where FBW will be like playing a superhero themed episode, SoT was like playing a Lord of the Rings themed ep.

OK, as promised, here is the list of all entrants, the points each person accumulated, and the odds those points give you of winning.  We had 11 people enter, with a wide range of points accumulated.  In all, 4,190 points were awarded.  There were only 2 duplicate A/T's submitted:  "Winner Wonderland", normally worth 120, was submitted twice, so each person got 60 for it, and "Ruby Red Pirouette", normally worth 10 was also submitted twice, so each person got 5 for it.  Here's what everyone's chances look like (and no, those numbers at the top of the board are not typos)

1. FlamedLiquid............................1,260 points.................................30.07% chance of winning

2. Shinra_Soldier7...........................630 points.................................15.04% chance of winning

3. ShadowX.....................................450 points..................................10.74% chance of winning

4. WalkingWiki.................................395 points....................................9.43% chance of winning

5. mvp828........................................340 points...................................8.11% chance of winning

6. cecilkilmer....................................305 points...................................7.28% chance of winning

7. macontosh200.............................280 points...................................6.68% chance of winning

8. bob101910..................................260 points....................................6.21% chance of winning

9. jnam101006................................130 points....................................3.10% chance of winning

10. dorath........................................100 points....................................2.39% chance of winning

11. spliffdizzle....................................40 points....................................0.95% chance of winning

See you back here at noon for the announcement of our winner.  Much thanks to everyone who entered, and good luck to all!

bread's done
Back