Space Invaders Extreme 2 - $4.99 New, $8.99 Used (Not Available Online)

[quote name='sadakou']This needs to be the CAG slogan right under the logo up top.
"Cheap Ass Gamer: Scan the damn game!"

There are so many threads in which people claim the price "isn't the same at their store" when it was really just a matter of outdated tags and laziness.[/QUOTE]

He did, it came up at $15. I'll try back in a few days, maybe.

Just FYI make sure you are getting 2 not the original, which still rings up at 20. I bought the first one and wondered why it rang up at full price but I didn't want to seem like an ass so I just took it on the chin. Plus the girl was hot. On the way back to the car I realized my mistake and went back in and did a return/exchange.

Thanks OP! I picked up a sealed copy today. The employee was shocked at the price since it still had a $19.99 sticker on the plastic.

Thanks for this OP. I missed out on the original, because I kept holding out for the paddle controller and wasn't willing to pay to import it.

I'll definitely be writing an article on this one once I get a chance to sit down and play it. Too many great 2D games are coming out lately. Not a complaint; it just makes it hard to keep up with the writing.

[quote name='rodieremix']Thanks for posting this, picked it up last night. The clerk laughed when he noticed the used one was 8.99.[/QUOTE]

That clerk must not have been working at Gamestop too long. This happens several times throughout the year.

[quote name='escapekey']Thanks for this OP. I missed out on the original, because I kept holding out for the paddle controller and wasn't willing to pay to import it.

I'll definitely be writing an article on this one once I get a chance to sit down and play it. Too many great 2D games are coming out lately. Not a complaint; it just makes it hard to keep up with the writing.[/QUOTE]

Any reasonably priced paddles now?

Couldn't find any on the shelves, but an employee got me one from the back. $4.99 + tax out the door. Afterward, went to FYE and got a freaking 1 yr Xbox live bundle clearanced for $12.50

Picked one up myself, clerk didn't understand why the new was cheaper than used...but luckily there was a brand new non-gutted copy...thanks OP!

Picked up my copy during lunch today. I had printed out the online web page from the GS site but the guy rang it up at $4.99 w/o a problem. Sweet deal!

walked over to gamestop after dinner last night and grabbed a copy. gutted but i don't care when i'm only paying 5 bucks.

Grabbed the last copy at my local store last night, popped it in and played. Even better than the first! TY for the heads up on this one, sweet deal. :applause:

Another fine tip from CAG! Picked one up last night, enjoyed the surprised reaction from the clerk when he actually scanned it for the price. Glad I still had my DS rumble pack from Metroid Pinball lying around - I love how it pulsates to the beat of the music!

Went to the second Gamestop and this one was labeled and sealed for $5. My guess is the other one didn't update yet. Oh well. :D

Just got a copy 20 minutes ago. Only copy I saw was gutted but to my surprise the clerk rung up a sealed copy so that was definitely great for $5. Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='unopepito06']You should mention in the title it's for DS. It's nowhere in the first post either.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There's a link to the product page in the OP.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Another fine tip from CAG! Picked one up last night, enjoyed the surprised reaction from the clerk when he actually scanned it for the price. Glad I still had my DS rumble pack from Metroid Pinball lying around - I love how it pulsates to the beat of the music![/QUOTE]

Sweet. I had no idea. Now, where did I put that rumble pack...

One of the stores near me has one copy left, lucky me! I have a giftcard with $4 and some odd change. Going to pick this up ASAP. Thanks OP!

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm headed out this evening to pick up some stuff anyway, so I'll make sure to snag one when I pass by the GS.

Got the last copy at the local GS I've been forgetting to go to for the last 2-3 days. Couldn't find it on the Mega Wall Of Every DS Game Ever Made and almost just left figuring someone bought it before me, but decided to go ask. Took a good 5 minutes for the 2 people working there to figure out one guy's bizarre trade in but finally the guy looked and found the last copy, new and SEALED (shocker!) sitting on the bottom of a shelf. He was pretty surprised by the price as well.

[quote name='Justin42']Got the last copy at the local GS I've been forgetting to go to for the last 2-3 days. Couldn't find it on the Mega Wall Of Every DS Game Ever Made and almost just left figuring someone bought it before me, but decided to go ask. Took a good 5 minutes for the 2 people working there to figure out one guy's bizarre trade in but finally the guy looked and found the last copy, new and SEALED (shocker!) sitting on the bottom of a shelf. He was pretty surprised by the price as well.[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite experience at a GS yesterday. I found the gutted case on the wall and they spent 20 minutes looking for the game and couldn't find it :bomb:.

Luckily there was another GS in the same mall that had it. That is why I went there in the first place - I almost figured something like that would happen and I'd have a backup.

I got my copy last night. It was a gutted copy too, but I'm still happy to pay $5.29 for such an awesome game. This game is freaking amazing.

Thanks for the heads up OP, got a factory sealed copy at my local GS. Website said they didn't have any in stock but I took a drive down anyways...couldn't find it on the wall so I asked up front and they had 2 copies!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']glad the tiv is low on this one. I might be able to grab one. Haven't boughten a ds game in a while.[/QUOTE]

+ 1. I was able to pick up a sealed on today. thanks OP.

What's up with the Square Enix serial number insert? Do they have a Club Nintendo type thing that gets you stuff?

[quote name='Vegan']What's up with the Square Enix serial number insert? Do they have a Club Nintendo type thing that gets you stuff?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, yes

[quote name='Vegan']What's up with the Square Enix serial number insert? Do they have a Club Nintendo type thing that gets you stuff?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I went back through some of my other squeenix games and didn't find any of these inserts. When did they start doing this?

Thanks for posting about this. Bought myself a copy today. Local store had 2 gutted copies (ugh!) but definitely worth the $5.

I got the last copy at my local Gamestop (gutted) but I have like 15 empty brand new DS cases. The cases are from several copies I bought of the Red Bull DS game at Sears for just $0.25!

well if part 2 isn't on the PSP, this probably makes it the definitive system to get it for..now to look for a deal on part 1

Was interested in the first one, so this is an awesome deal for the second. My local GS didn't have it listed on their site so I waited all week until I got a chance to go to another one and found the last gutted copy.

Great deal, hoping I can get one of those paddle controllers from the CAG listed a few pages back :)

[quote name='token2k6']well if part 2 isn't on the PSP, this probably makes it the definitive system to get it for..now to look for a deal on part 1[/QUOTE]

It's not, simply because the Rounds now seamlessly take place on the top screen.

bread's done
Back