Space Marine CE 14.99 PC , DoW2 CE 9.99, WWE 12 CE 9.99 PS3@THQ store

Man, I keep waffling on the PC version of Space Marine. I bought the PS3 version over a year ago for $20 and feel kind of stupid spending another $23 on the special edition, but it does look kind of nice.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Even with shipping these are a steal. That Warhammer space marine CE is one of my favorites.
Very nice box & contents[/QUOTE]Completely agree with this... In fact I'm tempted to buy it one for the other two systems just so I can have three purity seals for my armor*...

* Armor does not really exist.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Completely agree with this... In fact I'm tempted to buy it one for the other two systems just so I can have three purity seals for my armor*...

* Armor does not really exist.[/QUOTE]
Only the PC version is left.

Anybody pick up extra's of either WWE or Space Marine on Xbox360? I would love one of both but they are now out of stock :(

[quote name='fluffyfingers']Man, I keep waffling on the PC version of Space Marine. I bought the PS3 version over a year ago for $20 and feel kind of stupid spending another $23 on the special edition, but it does look kind of nice.[/QUOTE]

Space Marine looks soooo much better on pc than it does on consoles. If you don't care for the keyboard and mouse controls (though I thought they were pretty dang good) you can use a 360 gamepad and all the button prompts and such swap to look like 360 buttons. The collector's edition was also really sweet. I preordered it when it first came out and I was not disappointed. Reminded me of a Blizzard Collector's Edition. If I wasn't low on cash after having blown a ton on steam games I'd totally grab one of the console CE's just for the achievements and an extra copy of the awesome goodies.

Also folks shouldn't over look Retribution's Collector's Edition. While there isn't much to it (just a poster and some cards) the box itself looks really cool (like a book) if your a die hard Warhammer geek.

I really hope this isn't the end of Relic and their awesome Warhammer games. I can't afford to get into the table top game! :laugh:

If the xbox360 version of Space Marine is out of stock why does it let me add it to cart? Will they be getting more in? I haven't tried to go through checkout yet.

UPDATE:

It appears they will be getting more in. When I placed my order they sent me an email stating due to demand they won't be able to ship until "March 2011"...I assume they mean 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='powersurge']
Also folks shouldn't over look Retribution's Collector's Edition. While there isn't much to it (just a poster and some cards) the box itself looks really cool (like a book) if your a die hard Warhammer geek.
[/QUOTE]

A few days back Steam had the Dawn of War franchise pack with all 6 DoW games plus all DLC (and Retribution has a ton most of which are not included in the CE) for $10.

[quote name='BellardB']If the xbox360 version of Space Marine is out of stock why does it let me add it to cart? Will they be getting more in? I haven't tried to go through checkout yet.

UPDATE:

It appears they will be getting more in. When I placed my order they sent me an email stating due to demand they won't be able to ship until "March 2011"...I assume they mean 2013.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know where they sold the Warhammer CE other than THQ.com? I assume gamestop (Amazon never had it)? They may be getting the remaining shipment back of unsold inventory then.

If this was a THQ.com exclusive then i am going to say the email is old and its oos. I doubt they will begin production on this with their current debt.

[quote name='oasisboy']We are so used to free shipping on everything. Blame amazon for starting that trend.[/QUOTE]
Amazon would still charge shipping on these for non-Prime members. Its why I don't deal with them anymore

Ordered the two Warhammers. Shpping was painful, but the discount on the items outweighed the extra shipping. Shipping was so much base that I even thought about 2-Day shippinh since it was only a few dollars extra, but...nah.

Yes and no. I paid like $23 for the Space Marine CE. It sucks to pay for shipping, but that is a great deal, so it's silly to act like it's ruined over the shipping.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yes and no. I paid like $23 for the Space Marine CE. It sucks to pay for shipping, but that is a great deal, so it's silly to act like it's ruined over the shipping.[/QUOTE]

This. Even though the shipping sucks, the price point is low enough that it's still a great deal. I'd rather get this deal than if the CE was selling for $30 with free shipping, for example.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']This. Even though the shipping sucks, the price point is low enough that it's still a great deal. I'd rather get this deal than if the CE was selling for $30 with free shipping, for example.[/QUOTE]

I don't think people realize how heavy the CE's are.

This isn't Amazon where they have distribution centers in every mailing zone across the country. It's digital river which is a bottom of the barrel retailer.

It is quite possible that the actual shipping costs for this item exceed the sale price.

For those concerned about shipping, if you spend at least $39.95, you can use the code SHIPPING1212 and get free shipping. I figured it was worth it to add a couple extra copies to my order rather than spend the money on shipping.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't think people realize how heavy the CE's are.

This isn't Amazon where they have distribution centers in every mailing zone across the country. It's digital river which is a bottom of the barrel retailer.

It is quite possible that the actual shipping costs for this item exceed the sale price.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Out of curiosity, I just added a non CE game like Wheel of Fortune by itself in a cart and the shipping was over $7! :hot:

Couldn't get the shipping code to work. Also I picked up a copy of Space Marine for PC and Dawn of War II: Ret. and got this note in my confirmation email.

"Additional Product Information:

Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® II: Retribution™ Collector's Edition - Due to the increased demand for the Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War II® Retribution Collector’s Edition we are currently out of stock. Orders placed today will ship around March 31st, 2011."

The date is quite confusing.

Space Marine CE for :360: is back in stock. Went ahead an ordered one. I hate paying almost $8 for shipping, but $24 is still a great price for it.

[quote name='jgran737']Couldn't get the shipping code to work. Also I picked up a copy of Space Marine for PC and Dawn of War II: Ret. and got this note in my confirmation email.

"Additional Product Information:

Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® II: Retribution™ Collector's Edition - Due to the increased demand for the Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War II® Retribution Collector’s Edition we are currently out of stock. Orders placed today will ship around March 31st, 2011."

The date is quite confusing.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Check your shelf, you may have already had it for a while then.

Thanks OP! Placed an order for the 360 version last week, and just got the shipping confirmation yesterday. Can't wait to get this!

[quote name='fortunado']Nice! Check your shelf, you may have already had it for a while then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like it was just a typo in the email message; I talked to customer support about it. Got a shipping confirmation yesterday, but seeing as it is through Digital River I can expect to arrive sometime before 2020.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up both PS3 and 360 version and WW12 LE and $0.99 item to get Free Shipping ;)[/QUOTE]

What did you buy for $0.99?

Free Shipping doesnt seem to work. I never see it as $0 just a bit lower but when you get to the final step the lowered shipping price is back to its normal one.

Although shipping is high, the actual CE for Space Marine is beautiful and well worth the $23 I spent on it. Received my copy today and the packaging alone is great. Definitely going to look great in my collection

I guess it didn't really matter to me if they were Xbox or ps3 so I just ordered warhammer 40k and wwe12 for ps3. Wwe 12 with the rock on it will look good next to my wwe 13 stone cold edition. Now to sit here and wait patiently for this stuff to come in the mail. :drool:

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I guess it didn't really matter to me if they were Xbox or ps3 so I just ordered warhammer 40k and wwe12 for ps3. Wwe 12 with the rock on it will look good next to my wwe 13 stone cold edition. Now to sit here and wait patiently for this stuff to come in the mail. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Before I wait till open my wwe 12 is there an expiration date on the dlc code for the rock playable character?

Got my copy of WWE 12 LE for 360 and Warhammer DoW2R CE in today, fast and in perfect shape. It must be some weird paradox happened for digital river to get it here like that, according to most accounts.

Got my Space Marine CE today. Too bad it's crunched along the top edge

Gonna contact'em tomorrow and see if they'll switch it out

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Got my copy of WWE 12 LE for 360 and Warhammer DoW2R CE in today, fast and in perfect shape. It must be some weird paradox happened for digital river to get it here like that, according to most accounts.[/QUOTE]

This. I got my Space Marine CE for 360 yesterday. Not only did I receive earlier than expected, it was in pristine condition.

[quote name='rbarba4']Got my Space Marine CE today. Too bad it's crunched along the top edge

Gonna contact'em tomorrow and see if they'll switch it out[/QUOTE]

If its one of the console versions, its sold out.

Glad to hear some of you guys have been getting yours. My first order shipped out on 1/2 and it still hasn't arrived. According to tracking, it spent about a week in Indiana (three states away from me)... which is hilarious since I live in Wisconsin about a 3 hour drive from the Lino Lakes, MN warehouse that the package was apparently sent from.

Hope some of it is still intact by the time it finally arrives. At least it looks like my second order from 1/8 is going to arrive today.

I don't want to get any hopes up as both console versions are OOS but I just wanted to say that I got my :ps3: Warhammer CE and it's pretty awesome :D I'm so glad this came back in stock.

bread's done
Back