Speculation is not over yet!

I think I've read that if the Wii was maxed out, it could handle 720p, but I'm not expecting it. You'd have to ask if they pumped out that resolution, would it be able to keep to a steady 60fps in a lot of stuff?

[quote name='Prepster']I know this doesn't have to do with the American Wii's but looks like Japan is getting another Upgraded Wii early next year.....http://www.vgblogger.com/?p=125

Edit: Now that I think about it, this really didn't belong here lmao[/quote]

Not only that, but it's old news.

As far as 720P is concerned, I wouldn't be shocked if the system could do it. After all, the Xbox was able to run 720P for a few games (True Crime: Streets of LA, World Series Baseball, just to name a few.)

I don't think it's true, but I think it could be possible however unlikely.

Giving this a healthy bump because it got me excited and news should come soon considering launch is only a week away. There were pretty good guesses on what might be included like Wii Play or a free VC game. But now I am even more curious, because it doesn't look like it will be any of those. All the major (and minor) websites are getting their retail Wii consoles and surely they would have mentioned if something new was included. Perhaps the secret will be un-hardware or freebie related?

[quote name='psunami']As far as 720P is concerned, I wouldn't be shocked if the system could do it. After all, the Xbox was able to run 720P for a few games (True Crime: Streets of LA, World Series Baseball, just to name a few.)

I don't think it's true, but I think it could be possible however unlikely.[/QUOTE]

i do remember reading somewhere that Hi Def would be possible on the Wii, but it would be a pain in the ass for the programmers and it would max out the system

No way Wii would have 720p. Have you ever played a game that your PC could ONLY handle at 640 x 480 resolution because the PC wasn't strong enough and the game was too taxing? Then try increasing the resolution to 1280 x 1024, it would bring the game to its knees. I doubt the Wii would be able to handle 1280 x 720 when its horsepower is only focused on 480p.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Reggie Has Said There Is No More Surprises.[/QUOTE]

People would do well to listen to this man.

bread's done
Back