Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, steering this thread in a more productive direction...

I found out where you can see if you have any expiring Xbox Live credit on your account. These $5 credits will expire 1 year from the date of redemption, but they do get used up first for any purchases you make.

Go here and sign in to your MS account: https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/PaymentInstrument

Then click the "Microsoft account" item in the list of payment options.

On the right, you'll see the total in your account and any expiring amounts and dates below that.

To my knowledge, I was the first person in this thread to receive a message from them stating that the total amount spent needs to be $15. The rules do not make that extremely clear:

i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card:

During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an

Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location
I dunno, it looks pretty clear to me. It's "for $15 or more" not "worth $15 or more". If it works for you otherwise, more power to you, I suppose.

I consider myself a pretty honest person, so I don't really think it's right to toss "scammer" around so quickly.
You're right, "scam" is harsh. I apologize. I was also directing it at people who after getting a code, submit the same receipt over and over with different emails, (which I'm sure people ARE doing).

Thought everyone would be interested in this reply from them:

Thank you for contacting us. Your entry was not accepted because your purchase did not equal $15 or more. Per the rules:

1. Validate that the following items were purchased:

Xbox Live Gold Membership ($15 USD or more before tax), OR
Xbox Gift Card ($15 USD or more before tax)

Your cards were only purchased at $13.50 a piece, therefore they are not eligible for this promotion.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Stasia
Odd since I submitted my receipt and it was for $13.50 and it was accepted, either they changed something or you got the wrong person checking your receipt

I found out where you can see if you have any expiring Xbox Live credit on your account. These $5 credits will expire 1 year from the date of redemption, but they do get used up first for any purchases you make.

Go here and sign in to your MS account: https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/PaymentInstrument

On the right, you'll see the total in your account and any expiring amounts and dates below that.
"...but they do get used up first for any purchases you make." I didnt know about this but it makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Had submitted a receipt back on the 7th, but never got a reply.  Submitted it again last night, same unique code as my original submission, and got the $5 code this morning.

Dang, has this instant win thing been going on for a month? I have been missing out. Welp, got this month of scratching to do.

I posted this in the weekly Best Buy ad thread, but I'll drop it here too since it's relevant.

Looks like Best Buy is offering a free $5 Xbox code when you spend $25+ on a Xbox Gift Card this week.  Plus, you can also get the free $5 from the Xbox promo detailed in the OP.

Best Buy ad

$25 Xbox Gift Card

I posted this in the weekly Best Buy ad thread, but I'll drop it here too since it's relevant.

Looks like Best Buy is offering a free $5 Xbox code when you spend $25+ on a Xbox Gift Card this week. Plus, you can also get the free $5 from the Xbox promo detailed in the OP.

Best Buy ad

$25 Xbox Gift Card
I'm assuming if its in-store, the code will print out on the receipt or something? Or is it only online?

This is actually really good, essentially 29% off a $35 card.

I bought a code for instore pickup at Best Buy, they dont give you an actual receipt. Do I just take a pic of the invoice or what?

If one were to read through previous posts, they would learn that In Store Pickup orders are not eligible for the promotion because they are technically still online orders. You must submit a regular in store receipt.

Sorry for the bad news.

So do they have a list of retailers you have to buy from to qualify for this? Or does it work anywhere that sells physical cards? I tried looking on the site but didn't see anything, was curious cause i was gonna buy a card from my local mom n pop video game store.

So do they have a list of retailers you have to buy from to qualify for this? Or does it work anywhere that sells physical cards? I tried looking on the site but didn't see anything, was curious cause i was gonna buy a card from my local mom n pop video game store.
Yes, there's a list. After you log in to the site listed in the OP, click Next to upload the receipt photo. You'll then see a drop-down list of 70 or so retailers. I doubt your mom n pop video game store is on there, but there is an option for 'Other Retailer' listed.

Yes, there's a list. After you log in to the site listed in the OP, click Next to upload the receipt photo. You'll then see a drop-down list of 70 or so retailers. I doubt your mom n pop video game store is on there, but there is an option for 'Other Retailer' listed.
Oh ok thank you i found it. So when you use the 'Other Retailer' option, and type it in, is it like 50/50 chance they will accept?

has anyone used the 'Other Retailer' option and can confirm?

I'm not trying to stir up a hornets nest here or give people false hope, but I submitted 2 printed recipts from newegg and amazon for cards that I bought online and I got my extra 5 bucks for both. 

Go here and sign in to your MS account: https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/PaymentInstrument

Excellent info, Shafnitz. I was wondering where that info was listed! (Post Liked.)

It seems unfair that if I spend $50 on XBL "currency" cards, I get $20 extra bonus 

BUT

if I spend $60 on a year-long membership, I only get $5.

Eh?

I received an email saying I was denied for the promotion, even though I bough the cards and did an instore pickup for the physical cards. I asked them to review it since I did pick them up from a retail location, and since the system is blocking me from uploading the physical receipt.

Here was the response below.

"Thank you for your email. Please refer to the official rules complete details. Online purchases are not eligible for the promotion:

Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card:
During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an
Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are
not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt
("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit
https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and
submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After
Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into
the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and
must be in a .jpg format.

Adela"
So after 4 "FAQ Requests", 7 emails, and 3 Best Buy Hotline requests I was finally able to get my $25 in credit (5 seperate $15 xbox live cards). Best Buy finally contacted the promotional sponsors HelloWorld, and they finally granted the promotion for my online (but picked up in store) purchases.

Here is the information I received incase someone else is having this problem. My reciepts were never "non-legible"...

Quote:

"I wanted to follow up with you regarding your receipts for the Xbox promotion. Our team has asked that I reach out to you and ask that you resubmit your receipts to me via email. These receipts must be legible, the ones you submitted were not. We are accepting Bestbuy.com entries even though the rules state no online entries. If you can submit them to me and my review team can read them we will approve your $5 reward for each that is eligible.

I hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Customer Service"

"I wanted to follow up with you regarding your receipts for the Xbox promotion. Our team has asked that I reach out to you and ask that you resubmit your receipts to me via email. These receipts must be legible, the ones you submitted were not. We are accepting Bestbuy.com entries even though the rules state no online entries. If you can submit them to me and my review team can read them we will approve your $5 reward for each that is eligible.

I hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Customer Service"
Sooo does this mean I can buy a card from Bestbuy.com and get $5 from BB and $5 from this promotion? I really don't feel like going to a store but if I must, I will

So who do I contact about the $5 if I don't get it?  I've been waiting on one of $5 bonuses for over a week.  My other two were SOOOO quick….

I already submitted 10 receipts total, but only received 6 of the $5 codes.  How are you guys resubmitting receipts?  Are you at the 10 threshold when you resubmit?  I emailed them and they sent images of the ones that were not accepted, but since I have done 10, I can't do any more of them.

I already submitted 10 receipts total, but only received 6 of the $5 codes. How are you guys resubmitting receipts? Are you at the 10 threshold when you resubmit? I emailed them and they sent images of the ones that were not accepted, but since I have done 10, I can't do any more of them.
I submitted a question to them regarding the inability to resend receipts due to the 10 limit. Surprisingly, they advised me to resubmit the receipts using a different e-mail address. After doing this, I got my codes the next day.

Still waiting for my first one... I entered a week ago. Nothing yet. Emailed them yesterday and still waiting... I hope I don't get gipped. 

Has anybody been able to submit receipts today or yesterday? I'm trying to submit a few receipts I bought this weekend and when I click submit it just keeps endlessly loading. It did this yesterday too. It never did this when I submitted receipts a few weeks ago.

I still can't today. I have tried on my phone, on my PC, and even on pcs at work. When I click submit it just endlessly uploads. Seems like I'm not the only one.

I couldn't when I tried yesterday. Sigh.

Another question. What happens if you have two codes on one receipt? Will they give you $5 for each or only one? I did get GameStop to print two gift receipts, but not sure if that will work.

Worked fine for me yesterday.

I submitted two receipts from starter kits yesterday afternoon and got the codes at 430 this morning.

I had the same problem yesterday and emailed them about it. Got a generic response back basically saying it was working fine and to try again. Of course, it still wasn't working, so I sent them back another email with MUCH more detail of the problem, and that seems to have gotten their attention because it is fixed now.

Tried to submit this morning an it's working fine. All those having issues yesterday, try again and it should really work this time!

amazon.com is listed under the retailers so yes it'll work. Just take a photo of your order confirmation and use it. (After it ships/emailed of course)
Turns out to be a hell of a deal. $15 gets you the Xbox credit, $5 for Amazon app store, $1 Mp3 credit and the $5 extra xbox credit...

bread's done
Back