Spend $80, Get $20 Gaming Credit on Select Games at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
link

Spend $80 on select titles and receive a $20 promotional claim code good towards a future video games purchase. To qualify for the credit, you must check out with eligible items totaling $80 in your cart. Only purchases from Amazon.com as the seller and made between 3:30pm Pacific time December 28, 2009 and 11:59pm Pacific time January 2, 2010 will qualify for this promotion.

Nice deal, wish it applied toward pre-orders though. I'm tapped on cash right now from Black Friday and only saving for Bioshock, Heavy Rain, and GOWIII.

I gotta be honest, these promotions rarely have anything really worthwhile (i.e. they don't include preorders, generally don't include games that include a promo gc alone, don't include games at a substantial discount, etc).

I always recommend caution on these. Don't buy unless there's stuff you really want.

Wish Fallout 3 GOTY edition qualified - would have pushed me into getting the game and biting on the deal. As it stands, nothing really interesting enough to get me to spend the money :\

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Hm, wish the had some better cheap games... Can't even get Infamous and GOW:Collection![/QUOTE]

I have an idea for you.

Buy:

Infamous - $36.99
GOW:Collection - $36.99
Assassin's Creed - $18.06

Total = $92.04 (and you qualify for $20 credit)

Trade in Assassin's Creed to Game Stop $20 credit (current promotion). You end up spending $92 for 2 games and $40 in credit.

Nice, but did Amazon mark up the prices of some of their games for this offer?

For example, I just saw for the PS3:

Genji: Days of the Blade -- $52.78
X-Blades -- $52.11
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom -- $39.99

[quote name='sleepy180']ya some prices are marked up for the sale...say it isnt so amazon. Your ass used to be so fine![/QUOTE]

They did this a lot over Black Friday - Cyber Monday too. They're still my preferred retailer, but I'm less inclined to impulse buy from there now.

The addition of more budget titles made this a much better deal for me than the last time they ran this promo. Ended up getting Mass Effect , Bad Company , Midnight Club LA and Forza 2 all for just a bit over the required $80.

man...i wish they'd bring that the buy 80, get 40 promo. i was on the fence about GoW collection, but after playing the demo (new to series), i really want it! >.

bought some decent budget titles i had missed before

dead space
mirror's edge
tomb raider underworld
left 4 dead

for a total of 87.99

Not bad I was looking to pick up Borderlands, just need a $30 filler maybe Star Ocean on the 360?

Mirrors Edge $20
Dead Space $20
Borderlands $52
Infamous $37
GOW Collection $37

How should I go about with this?

[quote name='Casteor']Mirrors Edge $20
Dead Space $20
Borderlands $52
Infamous $37
GOW Collection $37

How should I go about with this?[/QUOTE]

Looks like you need 2 accounts and a small filler ($11 Wii game that trades in for $2)

1. 52 + 37 = 89
2. 37 + 20 + 20 = 77

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Looks like you need 2 accounts and a small filler

1. 52 + 37 = 89
2. 37 + 20 + 20 = 77[/QUOTE]

No, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant those are the titles I'm interested in from this deal.
Borderlands is a great game, but I can't justify almost full retail price for it and it's only $20 promo (not like the $40 back then which I bought games from).

[quote name='Casteor']No, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant those are the titles I'm interested in from this deal.
Borderlands is a great game, but I can't justify almost full retail price for it and it's only $20 promo (not like the $40 back then which I bought games from).[/QUOTE]

Ah. I'm in a similar situation. I almost jumped to pickup some gifts, but I can wait till the prices come down or a better deal arrives

[quote name='Casteor']Mirrors Edge $20
Dead Space $20
Borderlands $52
Infamous $37
GOW Collection $37

How should I go about with this?[/QUOTE]

Personally I would say Infamous , GOW Collection and Dead Space. GOW Collection is a 2-1 deal , Mirror's Edge seems like it goes cheaper more often than Dead Space , and Borderlands will eventually go cheaper too. That's how I'd do it at least.

Got in on the deal with Lego Rock Band, God of War Collection & Sonic's Genesis Collection. Thanks for the heads up! This credit will definitely come in handy in the next few months

[quote name='StarKnightX']Personally I would say Infamous , GOW Collection and Dead Space. GOW Collection is a 2-1 deal , Mirror's Edge seems like it goes cheaper more often than Dead Space , and Borderlands will eventually go cheaper too. That's how I'd do it at least.[/QUOTE]

Thing is-- I don't know what I'll use the $20 on a future game purchase. Maybe I can use it on the upcoming Final Fantasy, but then it'll still be like $40-- and that date is far away.

[quote name='Casteor']Thing is-- I don't know what I'll use the $20 on a future game purchase. Maybe I can use it on the upcoming Final Fantasy, but then it'll still be like $40-- and that date is far away.[/QUOTE]

That I can't help you with. If you don't think there may be anything in the near future (or at least till march) that you'll want to use the credit on then maybe you should just skip the deal and save yourself the trouble.

I miss their B2G1 free deals.

That deal included newly released titles, AND stacked with individual game's promotion. Good times.

Kind of disappointing if this is Amazon's answer to TRU's B1G1 50% off. The only game among all the lists that interests me is Demon's Souls, but it's not like I really want it now, especially with the busy first quarter coming up.

This deal isn't as strong as previously though.
o.gif

Demon's Souls + God of War Collection is very tempting, but I've got a $100 Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Hmm

Not a bad time to get Shadow of the Colossus if you haven't already. Still checking games for viable flips but it's doubtful. :\

Well, I concede Amazon. The closest I got to a legit flip was Rogue Warrior on PS3 where you make a whopping $3 lol. Oh well, moving along. . .

bread's done
Back