Spend $80, Get $20 Off Select Games at Amazon

Gfresh404

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=1]208[/IMG-R]Use coupon code BUY80G20 to get $20 off an $80 purchase on these select games. Offer valid until November 21, 2009. Only one promotional claim code can be used per household.

iconamazon.gif
Spend $80, Get $20 Off Select Games at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit, was just one step behind you. This pre-BF sale only makes me wonder what Amazon has in store once BF actually hits....

Oh and I'm curious as to why Amazon hasn't posted this on the Video Games page yet. :\

Anyways, off to look for some flip offers. Please post if anyone finds any!

[quote name='Miro']Damnit, was just one step behind you. This pre-BF sale only makes me wonder what Amazon has in store once BF actually hits....[/QUOTE]

its scares me. i'm going to speculate and keep my eye out for the following...

- Batman Arkham Asylum collectors (seems to be overstocked everywhere)
- Tekken 6 Limited (repeat of the deal a couple days ago)
- Left 4 Dead 2 (PM to bestbuy. Hoping for a pc deal)
- DJ Hero (i already got two but i have friends that want one ;))
- Madcatz SFIV TE
- Various EA games (they always seem to go on sale after release)

And we will probably see another coupon or discount deal like this one. Amazon just owns me :bomb:

[quote name='confoosious']looking at this list, the thought occurred to me that Zoo games should be shot.

NBA 2k10 LE is effectively $67. not bad.[/QUOTE]

haha. I saw that just now and almost posted about it :applause:

We can also get Batman Limited and Rock Band Beatles Guitars for $20 off

I'm pretty conflicted. Of the games on there, the only one I want is Star Wars Shit Edition. I've got Arkham Asylum, and I know LBP GOTY will go down in price. And tbh, I didn't really like LBP. I want to rebuy RE5 after finding out the extra edition will be DLC, but I could get it at gamefly for $20.

DAMN someone give me some advice.

I also want Fallout 3 GOTY but I heard its plagued with bugs and freezes and glitches. Has anyone heard if this is really prevalent or just a few select cases.

[quote name='IRHari']I'm pretty conflicted. Of the games on there, the only one I want is Star Wars Shit Edition....[/QUOTE]

LOL! Great typo there, mate. Hahaha!

I was pissed when I first saw this (since I ordered New Super Mario Bros on Friday), but realized New Super Mario Bros. is not included. I am still one level down from pissed that PC games aren't included in this sale. I would have jumped on Fallout GOTY (PC) with some cheap Wii game or Brutal Legend.

Be careful when using promotional certificates with this. The $20 off coupon for MW2 and this stack but not the previous buy $80 get $40 code. Once you enter the $40 off code it will block this promo until you spend the $40.

I maight just say fuck it and buy the Fallout 3 GOTY & Force Unleashed Shit Edition. Hopefully my 80GB BC system won't freeze & glitch with FO3 GOTY in there.

Wondering if I should wait it out till BF for better deals to use the MW2 $20 coupon.
But hot damn, Mario Kart and Dead Space Extraction for $40.98 after discounts and coupons is pretty damn tempting .

[quote name='Xfactor19990']meh, too bad no new super mario :([/QUOTE]

come on dude, it's coming out tuesday and is a AAA title. Did you really think they'd put it on here.

[quote name='confoosious']looking at this list, the thought occurred to me that Zoo games should be shot.

NBA 2k10 LE is effectively $67. not bad.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy 2k10 le. The locker is garbage. I only spent $50 due to the amazon 50% promo and I feel like I wasted my money. The game is also buggy as hell after their patch.

[quote name='confoosious']come on dude, it's coming out tuesday and is a AAA title. Did you really think they'd put it on here.[/QUOTE]
First off its out today, secondly when i read 20$ i was thinking toysrus (matched-sorta)

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Don't buy 2k10 le. The locker is garbage. I only spent $50 due to the amazon 50% promo and I feel like I wasted my money. The game is also buggy as hell after their patch.[/QUOTE]

I agree on the game. I got both 2k10 and Live and decided to keep Live.

the locker looked cool from far away though. I wouldn't get it but not a bad deal for someone who wants it.

[quote name='confoosious']Ok: It's out today and is a AAA title. Did you really think they'd put it on here.[/QUOTE]
well like i said if its a match of $20 to a competitor then ummm ya i could see it being there, no need to freak out man :)

[quote name='Xfactor19990']well like i said if its a match of $20 to a competitor then ummm ya i could see it being there, no need to freak out man :)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

i'm waiting for someone to say "what? where's New Super Mario Bros for the PS3? PS3 always gets shafted for these deals!"

[quote name='IRHari']

I also want Fallout 3 GOTY but I heard its plagued with bugs and freezes and glitches. Has anyone heard if this is really prevalent or just a few select cases.[/QUOTE]

Speaking from the 360 side, the original game was buggy at times but not massively so...I think I had 5 hard lockups in 150+ hours of play (played through it twice)....I then sold it and then later got the GOTY to play the expansions....Didn't have much issues on the expansions....so, at least for me, it wasn't any worse than the original edition. While the crashes were annoying (to say the least...I play consoles now because I got fed up of that shit on PCs) but the game was so enjoyable that I was willing to overlook this and just saved the game every 20 minutes.

Interesting you have to put a coupon code in this time, I wonder if that's because of all of the problems with the past deals not automatically applying?

Anyone else feel like Amazon's been using all these random deals in November (last week's Walmart-match Lightning Deals, the "surprise" Tekken deal Friday, etc) as "dry runs" for Black Friday and they're working the glitches out?

thank you its very nice :D

dont have any game left to buy on amazon as now

only cons for this is

all the old games are sellin as 59.99 normal price
(folk lore, killzone , ect_

Dang. Wish this applied to PS2 as well because I was going to order either the Sly Cooper games or Jak and Daxter games soon. Oh well.

I just finished posting this on my site. I would strongly recommend NOT jumping in on this right now without a proper strategy for Black Friday. In fact, I would say to hold out and not buy anything yet until Black Friday's deals are posted as any game is really up for grabs to be put on sale at this point. If you noticed, Amazon is patiently waiting to see competitors black friday ad's first as much as they can so they can PM/beat any of em. Not to mention try and sell as much as they can before they post their sale.

Also it's important to keep in mind that the $10 promo GC games (like L4D2 or Assassins Creed 2) are excluded from the eligible game list, so you cant combine promos.

In short, it's a waiting game. Amazon just likes to make us impatient :D

[quote name='confoosious']come on dude, it's coming out tuesday and is a AAA title. Did you really think they'd put it on here.[/QUOTE]
I thought it came out today.

This is really a lukewarm deal since just about everything will be cheaper come BF. There might be a few good deals lurking, but nothing really stands out.

I think people are not understanding this deal. It looks like you will NOT get $20 promotional credit, but instead, receive $20 off the purchase.

Example:
Buy Mario for $30
Buy Ultimate Shit Edition for $60
Total = $90, and I apply BUY80G20
-$20
Final Total = $70

For those who are interested in transforming their game credit into Amazon credit:

3x Jillian Michaels fitness ultimatum 2010 @ $30 each
TIV of 24.50 each.

3*30 - 20 (BUY80G20) = 70
TIV = 73.50

Make 3.50 and change game credit into amazon credit. Not the best of flips, but the only one that was available from what I saw.

Gotta love amazon and these deals... but like a few others I have most of what I want already :p
Gonna wait to spend my $120 amazon credit from MW2 + 360 arcade deal. Black Friday here I come.

I wish Borderlands was part of the sale. Can anyone remember if they added titles during the last promo (spend $80 get $40...something like that)?

Thanks for finding this OP.

[quote name='Miro']For those who are interested in transforming their game credit into Amazon credit:

3x Jillian Michaels fitness ultimatum 2010 @ $30 each
TIV of 24.50 each.

3*30 - 20 (BUY80G20) = 70
TIV = 73.50

Make 3.50 and change game credit into amazon credit. Not the best of flips, but the only one that was available from what I saw.[/QUOTE]
Not a bad idea to turn your $40 credit from the last sale into liquid credit. I'll lock in my trade now in case I do decide to jump on this.

After careful deliberation, I ended up picking up Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (360) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Editition (PS3) for just under $61 after ECA and $20 discounts. Not too bad!

I have an 80 GB BC PS3, has anyone heard of freezing issues with Fallout 3 GOTY with this version? I've seen people with 60 GB and 120 GB slim who have it freeze all the time, but people with the 40 GB never have it freeze.

Not sure what to do. If I do bite it'll be Ultimate Shit edition + Fallout3 GOTY which should come out to be $70.

bread's done
Back