Spent $10 bucks to change my tag and I f***ed it up. Think MS will let me change?

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
So, as everyone on my friends list knows, I just changed my tag. Unfortunately, I'm retarded, and during my struggle to change my new name to a phrase that wasn't already taken, I changed a lowercase "L" to a capital "I" to see how it would look, and I neglected to change it back. I just wasted ten bucks.

I'm thinking of calling MS tomorrow to see if I can get it changed, I just wanted to ask if anybody has had a similar experience and about how likely it is they'll change it for me.

Well they did give that guy all those free MS points and a free controller because a "dog chewed on the button and bought abunch of MS points" so I think there's always hope after that.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well they did give that guy all those free MS points and a free controller because a "dog chewed on the button and bought abunch of MS points" so I think there's always hope after that.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding me. Source?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']You've got to be kidding me. Source?[/QUOTE]
From Kotaku http://kotaku.com/5395500/microsoft-refunds-dog-shopping-spree-grants-k9-gamertag
"I saw you wrote a story on the guy whose dog bought Xbox LIVE points. People spend tens of billions of dollars on their pets every year, but it's pretty unusual for your pet to return the favor (except in love and tail wagging of course ). One lucky pet owner in Richmond, Virginia, though has a pet who really cares. Greg Strope's dog purchased 5,000 Xbox LIVE points while the guy slept. Luckily for Greg, Microsoft is refunding his LIVE points and providing extra for good measure. Plus he will get an extra controller and a LIVE subscription for his dog, Oscar. We also created a gamertag for Oscar so that he doesn't feel left out anymore!"
I Remember it was on a few other gaming sites as well. I Guess Microsoft needs to get all the good PR they can. Oh and the original story here.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']So, as everyone on my friends list knows, I just changed my tag. Unfortunately, I'm retarded, and during my struggle to change my new name to a phrase that wasn't already taken, I changed a lowercase "L" to a capital "I" to see how it would look, and I neglected to change it back. I just wasted ten bucks.

I'm thinking of calling MS tomorrow to see if I can get it changed, I just wanted to ask if anybody has had a similar experience and about how likely it is they'll change it for me.[/QUOTE]

Wait, What!....you gotta pay 10 bucks to change your name?

You could try and have all your friends file a complaint about your gamertag. Not sure if they still let you change it for free if you get a bunch of complaints...

Well, I just called Support and it's a no go. Shit, I was looking forward to spending those extra points on some DLC, but that typo is going to drive me insane.

[quote name='playing mantis']You could try and have all your friends file a complaint about your gamertag. Not sure if they still let you change it for free if you get a bunch of complaints...[/QUOTE]

I would try this. If a few dozen ppl report your gametag as obscene, maybe M$ will 'force' you to change it.

I know for a fact that when M$ makes ppl change their tag, they don't charge, so this might work.

[quote name='Puffa469']I would try this. If a few dozen ppl report your gametag as obscene, maybe M$ will 'force' you to change it.

I know for a fact that when M$ makes ppl change their tag, they don't charge, so this might work.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='AceSXE']So whats the new name? The one you wasted the points on[/QUOTE]

I wanted "SnuggleMuffinss" and now I have "SnuggIeMuffinss." It looks ok with some fonts but not so much with others...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I think that's funnier. I'd keep it.[/QUOTE]

I'd be ok with it if it wasn't for those ridiculous fucking Snuggies, but even then, the fact that it's a capital 'I' would bother me...

Stick with SnuggIe - that rocks! But seriously yeah - any company that charges $1.25 per Gig of Hard Drive space they sell you when the average going rate is .08-.12 cents per gig for everything else- I wouldn't expect any favors on something as mundane and costless to them as changing your name :D

I do agree that "snuggie" sounds more annoyingly cute than "snuggle" and is therefore funnier, but I really don't want to be frequently reminded of Snuggies by people on XBL.

I seriously fucking hate Snuggies.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I do agree that "snuggie" sounds more annoyingly cute than "snuggle" and is therefore funnier, but I really don't want to be frequently reminded of Snuggies by people on XBL.

I seriously fucking hate Snuggies.[/QUOTE]
You could pretend that SnuggieMuffins means you take dumps (muffins) in them and leave them for others to find.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You could pretend that SnuggieMuffins means you take dumps (muffins) in them and leave them for others to find.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Well, that certainly just made it more appealing...

I'm glad everyone likes it, but just the fact that its a capital 'I' (assuming I were to stick with SnuggieMuffins) is going to drive me mad. I honestly think that I'd rather just spend the points for the peace of mind. Yes, I'm one of those people who's driven insane my those little grammatical errors.

But I need a consensus: SnuggleMuffinss or SnuggieMuffins?

Looking at my XBL gamertag...

Well I'm not one to judge what sounds ridiculous. I'd pick SnuggIeMuffins though.

As there was nothing wrong with the first name, then why would you waste $10 to change it? We need to stop giving Microsoft money on things like this.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I wanted "SnuggleMuffinss" and now I have "SnuggIeMuffinss." It looks ok with some fonts but not so much with others...[/QUOTE]

They did you a favor, now you still have time to think of something that isn't stupid ;)

Trust me, I didn't want to spendanother $10 bucks, but it was driving me mad. I'm one of those people who's games need to be in perfect condition, all my movie cases have to be lined up perfectly, everything must be clean, etc. Everything needs to be perfect, and I can completely understand how it would seem weird to a lot of people, but I just couldn't relax until I fixed it, and now that it's done and over with, I'm glad I did so.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Trust me, I didn't want to spendanother $10 bucks, but it was driving me mad. I'm one of those people who's games need to be in perfect condition, all my movie cases have to be lined up perfectly, everything must be clean, etc. Everything needs to be perfect, and I can completely understand how it would seem weird to a lot of people, but I just couldn't relax until I fixed it, and now that it's done and over with, I'm glad I did so.[/QUOTE]

I'm just like you on that, Sofa King. I'm one of those folks that don't like numbers in usernames/email addresses, and would never considering using chatspeak or leetspeak for such as well.

bread's done
Back