Spider-man 3 Oct 30 DVD release

ShaneFalco

CAGiversary!
At least the artwork is better than the original spider-man 2 dvd

I wish they would have used the same artwork they used on the soundtrack CD

"Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced single and double-disc editions of Spider-Man 3 which stars Tobey Maguire. Each will be available to own from the 30th October. The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5. Surround track. Extras on the single-disc will include a commentary with Director Sam Raimi and Cast Members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, and Bryce Dallas Howard, a second commentary with Producers Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Grant Curtis, Editor Bob Murawski and Special Effects Supervisor Scott Stokdyk, a Snow Patrol Music Video, bloopers, and a photo gallery. The two-disc edition will include all that, along with 11 featurettes (Grains of Sand - Building Sandman, Re-Imagining the Goblin, Covered in Black – Creating Venom, Hanging On…Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor, Fighting, Flying & Driving – The Stunts, Tangled Web: The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3, Wall Of Water, On Location Cleveland – The Chase on Euclid Avenue, On Location New York –From Rooftops to Backstreets, The Science of Sound, and Inside The Editing Room), and theatrical TV spots.

Also available from the 30th October will be the Spider-Man High Definition Trilogy, a three-pack release of all three films on Blu-ray High-Def allowing fans an exclusive opportunity to collect both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 in high definition, along with Spider-Man 2.1 and Spider-Man 3. . Alternatively, you will be available to own Spider-Man 3 individually on Blu-ray"

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/spider-man-3.html

Cool.

The best Spider-Man is finally coming out :hot:

And it was the best.

The first one was all "HOLY sHitZ...I got liek powerz...SPIDER POWERZ!!"

Then the second one ws all "OMG Mary Jane..>I liek so wanna do stuff to/with U and then marry u!!"

And then this one was the best since it was like "Time to kick arse in an emo fashion and then kill the emo within."

Awesome.

[quote name='DaBadGuy']Cool that the HD version will be available the same day. I wish they also had it on HD-DVD.[/QUOTE]

This is Sony pictures, and they stole the font for the PS3. I doubt you'll be seeing this anywhere near HD-DVD.

[quote name='whoknows']Cool.
And then this one was the best since it was like "Time to kick arse in an emo fashion and then kill the emo within."
[/quote]

Ha, ha, Emo Spiderman, "You guys hate me but thats ok, cuz I hate myself and yous guys as well, *crys*"

ShaneFalco, do you lurk on DVDTalk

I only ask because all the threads you start are just copy and pasted from the DVDTalk forums.

Even other people's photos (Grindhouse/Planet Terror pics from Comic-Con)

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Too bad all the spider man movies sucked because they were nothing but talking and romance,but thats my opinion of it.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Spider-Man comics were all action and no love.

I've been waiting for news on Spiderman and Spiderman 2 being released on Bluray, I'm definately picking that set up.

nice this will be a day 1 pickup for me on blu-ray. Going to be getting the blu ray trilogy set.

All I have to say is if they move along without rami I hope toby goes to then maybe we can have smartass comic book spiderman on the big screen....finaly.

Wow, that's the fastest dvd release ever, luckily I missed it in theaters so I'll get to see it soon. Hopefully come black friday there will be some kind of deal on all three on normal dvd together (I havent bought any yet)

Hmm... I kinda want to pick this up. I know that a lot of people really despised Spider-Man 3, but I liked the movie a lot.

ya this was the suckiest spider-man of them all..they RUINED venom's character making him more of an annoying side character than and actual villain...and c'mon...EMO SPIDERMAN?! if i wanted to see that i'd go on myspace for a couple hours...

I apologize beforehand, but I have to somewhat thread crap on this because it beckons so skip this, but I have to rant...

Best Spider-man movie? Are you kidding me? After years of Spider-man movie's this one seemed to have the worse CG (plastic legs Spider-man trapping Venom), worse dialouge (in my opinion on par with the Star Wars prequels) and the half assed storyline and crying upon crying my god. At the theater by the end when Toeby was crying for the 3rd or 4th time the audience was laughing, friggin laughing at what's supposed to be an emotional scene.

Also the dancing...man. Plus plot holes out the ass even more so (what happend to the crane? Also, I'm pretty sure by now Sandman's daughter is totally dead). Sorry to thread crap and all, but man, I just hate this movie...

It's sad that major studios are charging more for a 2-disc special edition nowadays. Spiderman 1 and 2 have been 2-disc special edition for the same low price but now Spiderman 3 will have single and 2-disc versions. Retailers will gonna cut the price on the single in their ads, leaving the 2-disc version at their normal price.

Looks like I'm gonna rent this one and buy the trilogy in BR later when I get a PS3.

[quote name='DaBadGuy']$49.99 MSRP for Spidey 3 alone on Blu-Ray? Are they nuts?[/quote]

msrp for all blurays are $49.99 I think. Thank god for retail pricing which at most is $29.99, oftentimes dropping down to 24.99-26.99

Is there a deal in here somewhere?

And... [quote name='jalu6']This is Sony pictures, and they stole the font for the PS3. I doubt you'll be seeing this anywhere near HD-DVD.[/QUOTE]

Actually, its the other way around. PS3 stole the font from Spider-man. But i guess since its all sony, they're just sharing.

[quote name='imascrub']msrp for all blurays are $49.99 I think. Thank god for retail pricing which at most is $29.99, oftentimes dropping down to 24.99-26.99[/QUOTE]

No...this is an extreme exception. Most titles MSRP at about $30-$40 on both formats. Some titles by Fox being $40. The only titles that I can think of that have an MSRP of $50+ is Sopranos, Planet Earth, and Rescue Me Season 3.

Charging $50 for this is insane. I'll be buying the boxset anyway so it won't matter much to me since that shouldn't be more then $80 or so in stores.

bread's done
Back