spiderman 4 canceled

[quote name='ananag112']The new Spiderman movie should be more realistic like the Nolan Batman movies. Peter Parker can be a physics nerd in college who is fascinated with spiders. He learns parkour, designs web shooters which contain fluid similar to what spiders make, designs a suit which can detect small vibrations to give him a "spider sense", a exo-skeleton within the suit making him a bit stronger and a bit more able to take a hit, and tiny nano-fiber hairs on the suit allowing him to stick to almost any surface.

The story would be that he mostly uses the suit for his own gain until his uncle gets killed, so he decides to use his skills to take on bad guys. The main villain can be the Kingpin.[/QUOTE]And skaky-cam fights! Don't forget skaky-cam!

[quote name='ananag112']The new Spiderman movie should be more realistic like the Nolan Batman movies. Peter Parker can be a physics nerd in college who is fascinated with spiders. He learns parkour, designs web shooters which contain fluid similar to what spiders make, designs a suit which can detect small vibrations to give him a "spider sense", a exo-skeleton within the suit making him a bit stronger and a bit more able to take a hit, and tiny nano-fiber hairs on the suit allowing him to stick to almost any surface.

The story would be that he mostly uses the suit for his own gain until his uncle gets killed, so he decides to use his skills to take on bad guys. The main villain can be the Kingpin.

[/QUOTE]

I aprove this:applause:

Yes, because that Wolverine movie he was in has given me so much faith in Hollywood bringing justice to Deadpool....

isnt ryan reynolds supposed to be green lantern too? the guy is an acting turd the only show he was ever any good on was that canadian show he did as a kid ( 16 or 17 i believe it was called). he was a shitty deadpool and that movie will suck.

[quote name='lokizz']isnt ryan reynolds supposed to be green lantern too? the guy is an acting turd the only show he was ever any good on was that canadian show he did as a kid ( 16 or 17 i believe it was called). he was a shitty deadpool and that movie will suck.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and it was just announced that Blake Lively will be play Carol Ferris in the GL movie.

If another Spidey movie is made I think a reboot is the best choice. Spider-Man 3 ruined the franchise beyond repair. If the source is pulled from the Ultimate universe then I would be fine with that. My only concern is be who would be the villian? Goblin again?

if they were smart they could even open with a sort of nightmare with clips from the 3rd spiderman movie and then have the new peter wake up and be like wow thats the worst thing ive ever experienced. i still cant believe that film made as much money as it did i guess people had to go see it a second time to make sure it was as bad as they thought it was.

Apparently the script is already done, and it's supposed to be hard and gritty like Dark Knight.

AKA, "We have no idea WTF Spider-Man as a character is."

Maybe he'll KILL the pizza restaurant owner in this one when he gets fired.

[quote name='bardockkun']fuck Sam Raimi. We would've had a goddamn Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, but instead he realized there was still money and a strong fanbase for Evil Dead and helped stop it so he could allegedly try and do a remake and a direct sequel (which of course never happend). Plus after Spider-man 3 you can tell Tobey is tired of the damn role and Kirsten Dunst has always been terrible.

Now where's that gif of Tobey doing jazz hands and sending gust of wind through Gwen Stacy's hair as he's dancing.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Megalith']Apparently the script is already done, and it's supposed to be hard and gritty like Dark Knight.

AKA, "We have no idea WTF Spider-Man as a character is."

Maybe he'll KILL the pizza restaurant owner in this one when he gets fired.[/QUOTE]

You can make a more gritty spiderman movie by having stonger villians. I always felt the villians in the spiderman movies were not "evil" enough.

Funny thing is one of my favorite spiderman comics is Spiderman vs Wolverine and spiderman does kill someone in that.

^ Have that issue too, it's a What If... where he kills Crimson Dynamo. It's not exactly cannon, but it was a great example of a classic What If...

I hope the first movie has Gwen Stacy in it and Spiderman ends up killing her. That would set the darker tone while also being true to Spider Man. They should also do something similar to Spectacular Spiderman (animated series) where it starts off early in his career as Spiderman but doesn't redo the origin story which everyone knows by now. Spectacular Spiderman also did a good job of balancing Peter Parker and his school life and his life as Spiderman.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Have that issue too, it's a What If... where he kills Crimson Dynamo. It's not exactly cannon, but it was a great example of a classic What If...[/QUOTE]

Actually I was talking about the one shot Spiderman VS Wolverine. I like how in that book spiderman realizes that the only way to stop Wolverine is to kill him. And Wolverine knows this too, but he knows Spiderman doesn't have it in him to kill him.

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_one_shots/wolverine.html

[quote name='ananag112']I hope the first movie has Gwen Stacy in it and Spiderman ends up killing her. That would set the darker tone while also being true to Spider Man. They should also do something similar to Spectacular Spiderman (animated series) where it starts off early in his career as Spiderman but doesn't redo the origin story which everyone knows by now. Spectacular Spiderman also did a good job of balancing Peter Parker and his school life and his life as Spiderman.[/QUOTE]

Now, that's probably the most sensible thing I've heard in a long time.

Wasting time on the origin story seems silly for a character as well known as Spidey. I like the way Incredible Hulk handled the origin story, quick recap in the opening credits.

I'm also a fan of doing the Gwen Stacy death thing as well.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']heres 5 villians imo will work for the next film

1. kingpin
2. Chameleon
3. carnage
4. mysterio
5. maybe scorpion[/QUOTE]

I agree with the Kingpin mention.

I wouldn't put it past the suits to try and cash in off the vampire theme lately and bring in the Morbius/Blade storyline. I'm pretty sure Sticky Fingaz is available.

How about an Aquaman movie starring Adrian Grenier?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Scarlet Spider storyline play out.. but then again it's the only real storyline I remember from the comics when I read them back in the day. (Still have them in a box in my closet).

[quote name='QiG']

How about an Aquaman movie starring Adrian Grenier?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Scarlet Spider storyline play out.. but then again it's the only real storyline I remember from the comics when I read them back in the day. (Still have them in a box in my closet).[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I want to see a Dr Strange movie but it ain't gonna happen.

im indifferent to the whole news really .... spiderman started to take a downward slope from the second movie only, and i dont think its been cancelled they are remaking it, is what i heard

They should have an all-new cast and director for every Spider-man movie. Also - no continuity between the films so each director/writer is free to do what he/she wants. At least make the rule 2 movies max. The third movie in a trilogy almost always sucks.

I like spider-man 1 & 2 alot. more than any other super hero movie.
I'm also glad spider-man 4 got canceled.
A remake is too early. wait 5 more years
What about that venom movie?

[quote name='FantasyChronos']im indifferent to the whole news really .... spiderman started to take a downward slope from the second movie only, and i dont think its been cancelled they are remaking it, is what i heard[/QUOTE]

well the current sam raimi directed spiderman 4 has been canceled but they are rebooting the whole series. Its probablby going to be renamed Spiderman Begins lol.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']well the current sam raimi directed spiderman 4 has been canceled but they are rebooting the whole series. Its probablby going to be renamed Spiderman Begins lol.[/QUOTE]

can't wait for the Dark Web Returns.

I feel I should just point out that as far as people bitching about the first two movies or the franchise as a whole goes:

Spider-Man is at 90% on rotten tomatoes; Spider-Man 2 is at 94%; and Spider-Man 3 is ... 64%. So the ones that "suck" and the ones that don't are pretty agreed upon. As a point of comparison, Batman Begins is at 85%, The Dark Knight is at 94%, and Iron Man is at 93%.

Yeah, I liked the first two movies, but Jesus the third one was god awful. Only good things about it were J. Jonah Jameson (like always) and Bruce Campbell. Other then that all the characters went from likable to "God, I hope they die" by the third one.

[quote name='trq']I feel I should just point out that as far as people bitching about the first two movies or the franchise as a whole goes:

Spider-Man is at 90% on rotten tomatoes; Spider-Man 2 is at 94%; and Spider-Man 3 is ... 64%. So the ones that "suck" and the ones that don't are pretty agreed upon. As a point of comparison, Batman Begins is at 85%, The Dark Knight is at 94%, and Iron Man is at 93%.[/QUOTE]

those are critic reviews a.k.a. personal opinions.

I don't think that it got canceled...i heard toby maguire on the tonite show and he said they were gonna start filming it in feb-mar....hope it doesnt get canceled.

[quote name='trq']I feel I should just point out that as far as people bitching about the first two movies or the franchise as a whole goes:

Spider-Man is at 90% on rotten tomatoes; Spider-Man 2 is at 94%; and Spider-Man 3 is ... 64%. So the ones that "suck" and the ones that don't are pretty agreed upon. As a point of comparison, Batman Begins is at 85%, The Dark Knight is at 94%, and Iron Man is at 93%.[/QUOTE]

I still think Spider-Man 2 was a wasted opportunity. Doc Oc is the best villain, yes better than Venom, because he has an actual brain. But, we barely got to see any of that brain, his character development in the movie was severly lacking. He was almost wasted. They dropped the ball I felt.

They also beat you, and beat you, and beat you over the head with the love story... seriously, by the end of the movie, I wished Doc Oc has just taken Mary Jane and ripped her in 5 pieces.

It wasn't the cluster-fuck part 3 was... but honestly? it wasn't that great either.

bread's done
Back