Splatterhouse 14.99/14.24 PS3/360

Started this game a few days ago. Fan of the series since I had the original on the TG-16. Nearly finished with it and have to say its a huge disappointment. I wouldn't recommend it. It's boring, repetitive, full of cheap deaths, and has some of the worst camera problems I've experienced.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Call me crazy but wasn't it going for less not too long ago ?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was only once if I'm not mistaken.
Months ago even before the last year's Black Friday, the game was on sale for $9.99 from Amazon's Lightning Deal.
After that the game went on sale for around $14.99 a few times.

[quote name='limelight022']Its been this price for at least 2-3 weeks now. Amazon has sold it new for $9.99 a while back so to me its worth waiting.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I had it in cart with enslaved & majin for 26 n some change...unfortunately never checked out.

I got it on clearance at a Sony store in October. I think somewhere in the $10-13 range. Worth it in my opinion, though. I'm actually not a fan of the beat-'em-up/hack-and-slash genres, but I'm a horror fan and, for some reason, found this game hard to put down and enjoyed it quite a bit (plus, it has unlockable ports of the 3 original games for old-school Splatterhouse fans).

I agree, I got it on amazon for around $12 a few months ago and i thought it was worth it. Fun game for the price, plus all 3 of the originals which i havent even played yet.

I think I'm one of the only people that actually payed over $50 for this game. At least it has the 1st 3 Splatterhouse games, plus I got a neat Splatterhouse mask statue to display.

This game is no more than a rental honestly. The platforming sections reminded me of the old 8-bit days with a lot of annoyingly cheap deaths.

I surprisingly really liked this game. I paid 30 bucks for it when I got it, and I was happy with it at that price.

I expected it to be an old school brawler, which is what it turned out to be, so I was happy. Plus Jim Cummings as the Terror Mask was great.

It seems to be a love it or hate it type of game though.

bread's done
Back