splatterhouse with terror mask statue ps3/360 $37.13 shipped @ gamestop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicalstylez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (98%)
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Splatterhouse

splatterhouse on gamestop.com is 39.99 and now comes with the terror mask statue that was originally given out for preorders. mask statue comes with new splatterhouse games only (according to description).

use free shipping code "SAVER" and 15% off games over $25 code "15NEW".

my total came out to $37.13 after taxes but i live in CA so your tax might be cheaper. i think this is a good deal because the statue itself easily goes for $20 or more on ebay; although im keeping mine. the game also includes the 3 original splatterhouse games so its basically 4 games and a cool mask statue for under $40 shipped. i loved splatterhouse as a kid so this game has nostalgic value for me.

the 15% off coupon expires feb 21 -tomorrow- so buy it quickly if u can.
free mask offer is good online only, which is ok cuz with the codes its even cheaper than buying instore.

edit: 15NEW coupon code is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']As far as I know the masks were preorder bonuses and not packed in with the game, so I wouldn't bank on the store having it. The employees probably got to keep it.[/QUOTE]

I think I read somewhere that Gamestop just had a voucher and you had to submit them to Namco to have the mask shipped to you

could be wrong

[quote name='fmz65']How come noone is talking about the pre-owned copies?

Its listed as "pre-owned with bonus"[/QUOTE]
That's a good question. I might actually bite on the pre-owneed version because with codes it would be less than $30 (with Power Up card, CAG codes, etc.). But the OP said he thought the mask ONLY came with new copies. I'm not sure if he was just speculating though.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']That's a good question. I might actually bite on the pre-owneed version because with codes it would be less than $30 (with Power Up card, CAG codes, etc.). But the OP said he thought the mask ONLY came with new copies. I'm not sure if he was just speculating though.[/QUOTE]

• Terror Mask Statue
Free Splatterhouse Mask with purchase!

Purchase Splatterhouse for PS3 / XB360 and receive a limited edition Splatterhouse Mask! Mask is a scaled-down model from the game and may not be worn. While Supplies last. Offer good on New versions of Splatterhouse only.
Online Customers: Your mask will ship with your game.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']
  • Terror Mask Statue
Free Splatterhouse Mask with purchase!

Purchase Splatterhouse for PS3 / XB360 and receive a limited edition Splatterhouse Mask! Mask is a scaled-down model from the game and may not be worn. While Supplies last. Offer good on New versions of Splatterhouse only.
Online Customers: Your mask will ship with your game.[/QUOTE]
And there you have it.

deal isnt good in gamestop b&m, its online only. i tried buying instore first but there was no redeem mask code on the receipt and the employees had no clue so i later called cs. after cs failed to figure out the instore offer, he just said that i should order it online and that it was meant to be online only. i told him they should change the wording on the site to say online only then. so i returned the 1 i got at gamestop b&m, came home and ordered online. the mask even shows up as a separate item (for 0.00) on the invoice so u know its included. then i posted this thread.

apparently gamestop didnt ever ship the masks to stores because of employees wrongfully taking promo items, so the masks are held up in gamestop warehouse. good for them. happy i got it online too because with coupon codes it came out cheaper than it was in store.

hope that clears things up for people.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Any difference between the 360 and PS3 version? Any preference?[/QUOTE]

I recall reading or hearing that there were additional problems with the 360 version that are not necessarily present in the PS3 one. But on the other hand, I can't find any concrete info now. So don't quote me on it.

MjC

My game is backordered, but the mask has shipped. Just checked my order status. Odd, but really only wanted the mask because I already have the game.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']My game is backordered, but the mask has shipped. Just checked my order status. Odd, but really only wanted the mask because I already have the game.[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']My game is backordered, but the mask has shipped. Just checked my order status. Odd, but really only wanted the mask because I already have the game.[/QUOTE]

wtf, mine says that too. i wonder if they'd just let me pick it up in store. times like this make me wanna post deals after i find out they've already shipped my item. no offense.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i checked the tracking number and while it says shipped, in reality only the label has printed- the actual mask hasn't left the warehouse. lame.[/QUOTE]

my mask will be here Wednesday. They're still taking orders for the game on the site too....and its back ordered.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']my mask will be here Wednesday. They're still taking orders for the game on the site too....and its back ordered.[/QUOTE]

yeah just checked mine and it says the mask will be here friday. pretty dumb of them to ship separately since they are paying double the shipping costs.

[quote name='technicalstylez']beats me. im gonna call cs in the morning to see if i can just pick it up instore. if they say no then....idunno.[/QUOTE]

im assuming they didnt let you do that. I called this morning because I had a 20 off future order coupon that never worked. I totally forgot about it because honestly who even shops at Gamestop. I tried to use it before I ordered but it didnt work so I ordered with the 15% off and the free shipping. Came out to 36 dollars and change, called gamestop this morning and they applied another 20 dollar credit to my order so in the end 16.xx for the game and statue. Not bad, sucks that I'll have the statue well before I have the game but.....

f'ing gamestop charged me 3x for splatterhouse. wtf.

1 order they charged me for even though i cancelled Over the Freaking Phone with cs because i found promo codes shortly thereafter

and then im guessing they charged me 1x when the mask shipped and 1x when the game shipped. those mother f'rs.
u guys should check ur bank/credit card accounts just in case.

[quote name='technicalstylez']f'ing gamestop charged me 3x for splatterhouse. wtf.

1 order they charged me for even though i cancelled Over the Freaking Phone with cs because i found promo codes shortly thereafter

and then im guessing they charged me 1x when the mask shipped and 1x when the game shipped. those mother f'rs.
u guys should check ur bank/credit card accounts just in case.[/QUOTE]

They are only pending charges...at least on my end. I was charged twice but they haven't gone through yet. I'd imagine when the charge does go through that it will only be once. I wouldn't get concerned yet.

hmm your rationale seems plausible.. i was just worked up because i was trying to make another much larger purchase and i didnt have enough money because of gs charging me the extra 80 bucks...ill check back on it later in the day. seems like a lot of trouble for a game i most likely wont play until summer...atleast the mask is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back