Splinter Cell Conviction (360) CE $39.99 @ Amazon

Is it possible to order online, select "Ship to Store" and then when I pick it up I use the Gamer coupon?

It is sold out almost everywhere around me.

3rd Bestbuy and I finally found the mag. Cashier rang me up for it the the game and the coupon. And the game comes with a pre-order bonus weapon. Hope the code still works.

[quote name='thepik241']Is it possible to order online, select "Ship to Store" and then when I pick it up I use the Gamer coupon?

It is sold out almost everywhere around me.[/QUOTE]

I have the same question. The BB near me is out, but it says I can do the ship to store and get it in 3-5 days.

They won't lower the price by adding a coupon if you pick it up from online order. Tried that before. It has to be return and re-buy. It's a pain but you can do it that way I think.

Used the coupon today with no problems. And considering the magazine just showed up in my mail box for free last week, this whole transaction cost $5. Wow.

Got the magazine with the coupon yesterday, and used it today. $5 for splinter cell is an awesome deal, plus I picked up ghostbusters and starship troopers on blu-ray for $10 each.

just got 3 copies, woot. he said it might just do one per person/address but i told him to rescan it a few times and worked out great. Thanx CAG!

[quote name='Velo214']just got 3 copies, woot. he said it might just do one per person/address but i told him to rescan it a few times and worked out great. Thanx CAG![/QUOTE]

Didn't think to get the coupon scanned 3 times! Excellent!

When is the $20 sale for Splinter Cell over? I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere (& I assume it is) but after searching 20 pages in two related threads, I couldn't tell if it extends through this week.

[quote name='fatboyjam']When is the $20 sale for Splinter Cell over? I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere (& I assume it is) but after searching 20 pages in two related threads, I couldn't tell if it extends through this week.[/QUOTE]
Well people were saying it ended today I think they said that but Im not sure.

Thanks to the member who posted this.
Picked up a copy with mag (my free mag came last month)
$11.xx out the door...no issues...

Stickered price on the game $39.99 shelf sign $49.99 (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']Thanks to the member who posted this.
Picked up a copy with mag (my free mad came last month)
$11.xx out the door...no issues...

Stickered price on the game $39.99 shelf sign $49.99 (lol)[/QUOTE]

Same thing here pnly paid $11.xx put the door. That's really nice price for a game like this. I hope Best But does this more often.

[quote name='Gears24']Well people were saying it ended today I think they said that but Im not sure.[/QUOTE]

No way to know for sure. Bayonetta and Sega All-Stars Racing have been 19.99 (and are still so). Neither of these were advertised sales, similar to the recent drop on Splinter Cell: Conviction.

It's possible this sale may last as long as the others, which I think are headed into their 3rd week.

On another note, it's very likely these games are soon to be 19.99 MSRP, so the drop now let's us enjoy them a few months sooner than planned.

made it before it closed early tonight, but the damn bitch wouldn't let me use the coupon cause the game was on sale even though it went through on the machine, citing concerns she's gonna get fired from her shitty job. o well, at least i tried.

Got the game with @gamer for about $12 including tax in Chicago. Heres hoping they send me a free issue as well so I can pick up another copy to save as a christmas present! I had this preordered on Amazon for $56 before I decided that was too much. Soooooo happy i cancelled it as I would have been pissed with it dropping to this price so quick

what i did two times is i grabbed one of the retarted mags and 3 copies of SCC and told the cashier i wanted to rings these up seperately and then told her to scan the coupon in the mag and then when i was all done i left the worthless mag at the counter and out the door for 5 bucks a pop....not bad for a fairly new xbox 360 game!

[quote name='triforcer']made it before it closed early tonight, but the damn bitch wouldn't let me use the coupon cause the game was on sale even though it went through on the machine, citing concerns she's gonna get fired from her shitty job. o well, at least i tried.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's the exact same line I got yesterday!

So I just hit up another store.

EDIT: not laughing at you TRI. Laughing at the stupid excuse. Yesterday was the first time I had heard that one.

[quote name='rbarba4']Haha, that's the exact same line I got yesterday!

So I just hit up another store.

EDIT: not laughing at you TRI. Laughing at the stupid excuse. Yesterday was the first time I had heard that one.[/QUOTE]
haha yea i got ya. im not sure if this 20 dollar sale is gonna last the rest of this week, but o wells i only wanted it for it's cheap price. i guess i shouldn't take it personal or anything, i'm probably more disgusted by how these peons can't think for themselves. i did feel better telling her that she just fucked me over in those exact words and i'm normally nice to retail workers.

Picked up a copy from the Florida Mall location. Had to ask for the mag because there were none on the shelf. $11.69 out the door. Great deal...

[quote name='agreenlife3']im headed to BB today and was planning on picking this up. ill report back if this is still valid in store[/QUOTE]

Unless the store forgot to change the sticker (in which case they might be willing to honor the 19.99 price), the store's system should now ring the game up at 39.99. The system follows the online price in all but the most unusual of cases.

Damn I totally missed this until last night and was planning 0n going today but looks like it's dead. :( Been putting this game off for awhile but still looking forward to seeing how the story continues.

I ordered this online and was planning on trading in ODST and using the gift card to pay for my SC. Would Anyone think I'll still be able to do that now that the price has changed? I secured it at the $20 mark, it's just waiting for me to go pick it up.

[quote name='jaso']I ordered this online and was planning on trading in ODST and using the gift card to pay for my SC. Would Anyone think I'll still be able to do that now that the price has changed? I secured it at the $20 mark, it's just waiting for me to go pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I don't think they can legally try to make you pay a different amount. Also, snag a copy of Gamer magazine and try to use the Conviction coupon inside.

[quote name='freshzen']Yes, I don't think they can legally try to make you pay a different amount. Also, snag a copy of Gamer magazine and try to use the Conviction coupon inside.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was thinking of trying to do that, too, but I also don't want to press my luck.

Man, if I knew the price would change today, I would have just drove the 30 miles yesterday rather than wait to come into town for work.

[quote name='jaso']Thanks. I was thinking of trying to do that, too, but I also don't want to press my luck.

Man, if I knew the price would change today, I would have just drove the 30 miles yesterday rather than wait to come into town for work.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't hurt to try. The only thing is that I think the system doesn't allow any kind of changes to a BB.com pickup order. Essentially the customer service rep pulls up your order, verifies ID/credit card, verifies that the items picked up are correct, and finalizes transaction. You'd probably have to do a return/rebuy, which is YMMV as to whether they will honor the 19.99 price since they will have to override the price

[quote name='kataztrophik']It doesn't hurt to try. The only thing is that I think the system doesn't allow any kind of changes to a BB.com pickup order. Essentially the customer service rep pulls up your order, verifies ID/credit card, verifies that the items picked up are correct, and finalizes transaction. You'd probably have to do a return/rebuy, which is YMMV as to whether they will honor the 19.99 price since they will have to override the price[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's how it went down. I ended up just taking it at 19.99 - couldn't even find any of the magazines with the coupon in them.

I've got a good rant about their new trade-in policy, too, but I'll save that for the BB trade-in thread.

[quote name='jaso']Yep. That's how it went down. I ended up just taking it at 19.99 - couldn't even find any of the magazines with the coupon in them.

I've got a good rant about their new trade-in policy, too, but I'll save that for the BB trade-in thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to go in and see if I can return one and rebuy it and apply the coupon, telling them that I got the magazine in the mail. Highly unlikely but worth a shot.

I just came back from BB and the sticker price was still $19.99 i couldn't and employees could'nt find the magazine so i passed..... i get home and i had a magazine in the mailbox so now im headed back out to BB to see what happens. I hope the deal is still on, but the sticker price was still 19.99 at my store Mishawaka IN.------hopefully they honor the 19.99 price if they forgot to change it.

[quote name='josemp81']I just came back from BB and the sticker price was still $19.99 i couldn't and employees could'nt find the magazine so i passed..... i get home and i had a magazine in the mailbox so now im headed back out to BB to see what happens. I hope the deal is still on, but the sticker price was still 19.99 at my store Mishawaka IN.------hopefully they honor the 19.99 price if they forgot to change it.[/QUOTE]
i think they're legally required to sell it for that price or else it's bait & switch.

[quote name='triforcer']i think they're legally required to sell it for that price or else it's bait & switch.[/QUOTE]
What is the second/alternative item in this bait and switch scam that you are describing?

[quote name='triforcer']i think they're legally required to sell it for that price or else it's bait & switch.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Thats not bait and switch

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What is the second/alternative item in this bait and switch scam that you are describing?[/QUOTE]
well i was going with the price switching. not sure what that's called. false advertising? o you know what i mean.

[quote name='josemp81']I just came back from BB and the sticker price was still $19.99 i couldn't and employees could'nt find the magazine so i passed..... i get home and i had a magazine in the mailbox so now im headed back out to BB to see what happens. I hope the deal is still on, but the sticker price was still 19.99 at my store Mishawaka IN.------hopefully they honor the 19.99 price if they forgot to change it.[/QUOTE]

The same thing at the Clarksville, IN Best Buy.

I snapped a picture of the $19.99 price at the Clarksville, IN Best Buy. I didn't ask anybody to scan it though because I already got my copy yesterday.

[quote name='triforcer']well i was going with the price switching. not sure what that's called. false advertising? o you know what i mean.[/QUOTE]

The law isn't so rigid -- also, it's definitely not bait and switch.

It's not false advertising, either. The law isn't going to punish BB just because it didn't change its price sticker the day after an online sale ended, and I can assure you BB doesn't have to honor anything.

Only reason BB and most stores do give the price is due to customer satisfaction. This means the one guy who brings it up will probably get it at 19.99, after which the price will be changed.

Of course, if the BB refuses to give it to you for 19.99, go ahead and hire a lawyer and sue. Actually, no lawyer will take your case (if he has half a brain or any ethical conscious). And if the lawyer does, the judge will probably laugh you out of the courtroom.

[quote name='romeogbs19']The law isn't so rigid -- also, it's definitely not bait and switch.

It's not false advertising, either. The law isn't going to punish BB just because it didn't change its price sticker the day after an online sale ended, and I can assure you BB doesn't have to honor anything.

Only reason BB and most stores do give the price is due to customer satisfaction. This means the one guy who brings it up will probably get it at 19.99, after which the price will be changed.

Of course, if the BB refuses to give it to you for 19.99, go ahead and hire a lawyer and sue. Actually, no lawyer will take your case (if he has half a brain or any ethical conscious). And if the lawyer does, the judge will probably laugh you out of the courtroom.[/QUOTE]
guess i was mistaken then.

well just got back and it rang up 39.99, but then BB said they would honor the 19.99 price..... but would not let me use the coupon... they wouldn't even scan it.. so i passed, again, damn I am a cheap ass lol

Best Buy must have known I haven't been spending much money there recently as they sent me the Mag to my house for free.

Sad to see the online price being dead for splinter cell but seeing that the price is being reported at $19.xx at some places I'll prob make a trip in tomorrow after work and see if I can get it for $5 bucks

bread's done
Back