Splinter Cell: Conviction CE $59.99 At Best Buy

Finch106

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Bestbuy.com has the CE for $59.99 WITH a 500 rewardzone point bonus. So, you'll ultimately get the game for $49.99(including the $10 rewardzone bonus). I may cancel at GS and pick this deal up, it cannot be picked up in store however. I think this is a pricing error on the site, get it while its hot!

link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mindsale']I'm in the same boat with you. The game's Metascore has 14 90 and 14 80's right now - a random 100, 2 85's, and some miscellaneous scores. It seems to be worth it if you've got friends to play the 4 hour multiplayer component with you repeatedly. Almost all the reviews decry the single player campaign. The claims against is are that it's 4-6 hours long and a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer component. Apparently stealth is largely optional and you can go in guns blazing too often but it doesn't work well as an action game and the mark-and-execute is an "I Win" button. I read multiple accounts of the single player campaign having a terrible ending and the multiplayer portion having an amazing ending. That's pretty much all I've gathered - I'm trying to convince myself to hold out for 29.99 but I've got nothing to play right now so it's difficult.[/QUOTE]

Well with the GamerZone $10 back it ends up being $20 out of my pocket. I just ordered it. If you get it and don't find anyone to play coop add me on XBL and we can give it a go.

Thanks Brother Daz.

So the best buy collector's edition comes with codes for the SC3000, MP5 and 3rd echelon armor?

[quote name='memex']Thanks Brother Daz.

So the best buy collector's edition comes with codes for the SC3000, MP5 and 3rd echelon armor?[/QUOTE]

that's interesting. i didn't notice anything different with the bestbuy CE i got or any sticker for best buy exclusive.

[quote name='frpilot']that's interesting. i didn't notice anything different with the bestbuy CE i got or any sticker for best buy exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me. I just picked it up too and also didn't notice any difference. I even asked at the counter for the code and they told me it was inside but I'd figure I'd ask on here first since I just figured they didn't know what they were talking about.

[quote name='kidrocklive']if you did the codeofconviction.com "promotion" you were given a code to unlock some armor and the SC3000 (or at least that's how I got one) then if you texted WEAPON to 44144 (or something like that) you were given a special gun code that also turned out to be for the SC3000.

I'm not sure if any actual retailer had that as a pre-order bonus though. If there was, I never seen it.[/QUOTE]
Hmm ok, just wondering cause on the standard edition of SCC at Best Buy they mention the SC3000 in the upper left corner of the artwork cover.

[quote name='dennisb407']Hmm ok, just wondering cause on the standard edition of SCC at Best Buy they mention the SC3000 in the upper left corner of the artwork cover.[/QUOTE]

Others said that was a bonus for buying the game at BB. Kinda like how the Shotgun was for gamestop, although for BB it doesn't require a pre-order.

Picked up a copy from Riverside, CA BestBuy off Day St. They had one left.

//edit//
Well my USB Drive work, but there are no files on it, just 508mbs of storage space.

[quote name='frpilot']that's interesting. i didn't notice anything different with the bestbuy CE i got or any sticker for best buy exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm that?

Because it suggest that manufacturing put the code in during packaging or Best Buy opened the package and put it in. Neither seems plausible but I guess it is possible.

Well i setup an in-store pickup because my local BB has one listed in stock. That way I can have a few days to think over if I really want it or wait a month until the regular edition is less than $30.00. (or even $20 the way ubi games drop in price.)

thanx OP, picked up the last copy at the only bb near me that carried it. Was there a way to get the rz points or did I just miss that deal completely?

My CE copy from BB included the insert card for the SC3000 inside of the steelbook case with the CE bonus content. No sticker or anything was on the outside of my copy either, but all of the content was included.

[quote name='JDMoney']My CE copy from BB included the insert card for the SC3000 inside of the steelbook case with the CE bonus content. No sticker or anything was on the outside of my copy either, but all of the content was included.[/QUOTE]

Dammit I just bought the CE from TRU because I happened to be there and didnt want to waste the time to go to Best Buy to only save $10. The TRU $20 game deal does not work with the CE by the way in case anyone was going to try that. I forgot to have the cashier scan L4D2 with the regular edition of SCC to see if it came out free.

For anyone that hasn't bought it yet though I'd definitely get the CE from BB and then sell the codes. I sold the shadow armor + mp5 codes for $28 (after ebay/paypal fees).

[quote name='dapunisure']thanx OP, picked up the last copy at the only bb near me that carried it. Was there a way to get the rz points or did I just miss that deal completely?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering the same thing. I also picked up the last copy at my local BB today.

I also have another question. I pre-ordered the regular edition back during the BB online B1G1 50% deal. I received that copy in the mail today. Do you think that if I return it I will get
A) $60 credit
B) $45 credit
C) $30 credit

The reason why I ask is because I tried going through my old credit transactions and couldn't find the BB transaction. The other game i ordered was Bioshock 2.

Also, do you think I could just bring in both receipts and say that I wanted to exchange the regular edition for the CE since they are both the same price?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm wondering the same thing. I also picked up the last copy at my local BB today.

I also have another question. I pre-ordered the regular edition back during the BB online B1G1 50% deal. I received that copy in the mail today. Do you think that if I return it I will get
A) $60 credit
B) $45 credit
C) $30 credit

The reason why I ask is because I tried going through my old credit transactions and couldn't find the BB transaction. The other game i ordered was Bioshock 2.

Also, do you think I could just bring in both receipts and say that I wanted to exchange the regular edition for the CE since they are both the same price?[/QUOTE]

I really dunno anything about BB but I'd imagine you'd get back whatever amount is on the receipt for SCC. Wasn't their an invoice that came with it that showed the price?

My usb works as well. Blank

Jesus christ the design is awlful though.. its so flimsy.. They couldt atleast given us something more sturdy..?

[quote name='JDMoney']My CE copy from BB included the insert card for the SC3000 inside of the steelbook case with the CE bonus content. No sticker or anything was on the outside of my copy either, but all of the content was included.[/QUOTE]

I guess they must insert them at manufacturing, which is weird. It can't be cost effctive....

[quote name='ShockandAww']Dammit I just bought the CE from TRU because I happened to be there and didnt want to waste the time to go to Best Buy to only save $10. The TRU $20 game deal does not work with the CE by the way in case anyone was going to try that. I forgot to have the cashier scan L4D2 with the regular edition of SCC to see if it came out free.

For anyone that hasn't bought it yet though I'd definitely get the CE from BB and then sell the codes. I sold the shadow armor + mp5 codes for $28 (after ebay/paypal fees).[/QUOTE]

Did your CE come with the SC3000 gun inside the steel book case? Since you got it from Toys R'us.

[quote name='leesiulung']I guess they must insert them at manufacturing, which is weird. It can't be cost effctive....

Did your CE come with the SC3000 gun inside the steel book case? Since you got it from Toys R'us.[/QUOTE]

Nope the SC3000 is a Best Buy exclusive. I just got the normal CE stuff. The Shadow Armor + MP5 codes.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nope the SC3000 is a Best Buy exclusive. I just got the normal CE stuff. The Shadow Armor + MP5 codes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming. I guess BB did have their copies especially packed in. I never would have thought....

[quote name='Santurio']Say what?!?!?!
I got no skull cap.[/QUOTE]
Yea, they had about 2 dozen lined up on a table with a special BB Splinter Cell hint guide (a lil pamplet)

They said grab one and Im like thanks cause its only 87 degrees today here in Orlando :whistle2:#

[quote name='ShockandAww']I really dunno anything about BB but I'd imagine you'd get back whatever amount is on the receipt for SCC. Wasn't their an invoice that came with it that showed the price?[/QUOTE]
Nope. No price listed on the invoice.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Nope. No price listed on the invoice.[/QUOTE]

hmm that sucks. In that other post you meant you already tried looking on the BB site at your order history? Here's a help link in case you havent. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1043363585387&id=cat12098

If that wont work either I'd just take it in store and tell them you want to return it POSSIBLY but tell them you want to know what you'll get for it before they actually complete the refund.

I went back today.

-Returned my Lord of the Ring Pre-order for $5.35 onto a gift card (kept the SteelBook of course).
-Returned Splinter Cell: Conviction - Collector's Edition
-Bought it back with the 10% off coupon and used the $5.25 gift card I just received.

The coupon went live today if anyone is wililng to go back for some $

Does anyone know if you still get the 500 bonus points if you use the 10% off reward zone coupon? On the details for earning the bonus points it says "Not good in combination with any other promotions" but nothing about coupons specifically. Would that coupon count as a promotion?

Don't think I'll even be able to jump on it anyways since the website says my local Best Buy is out of stock on the CE already, but just in case I thought I'd ask...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I'm beginning to wonder if 59.99 is worth it. The regular edition has already been 39.99 at two places since it released...[/QUOTE]

It is worth it in my opinion if you are willing to sell all the collectors edition stuff which can easily pull $40 right now.

I was able to get the CE and Bad Company 2 price matched from the TRU ad at my Best Buy. I just went straight through the normal checkout line, but I guess I was lucky in having a person that had manager access to take the $40 off BC2. So at least it is worth a shot for others.

idk I got the usb out but I cant get it to fit in the slot on my computer or laptop I got it in put of the way but not far enough does anyone know y???

[quote name='dvltgrs18']idk I got the usb out but I cant get it to fit in the slot on my computer or laptop I got it in put of the way but not far enough does anyone know y???[/QUOTE]

Your supposed to put it in your xbox?

Darn you BB. Went in to get my CE edition and after 20 minutes or waiting for the CS rep to get the game she comes back with the regular edition. I show her I had purchased the CE edition and she checks again for 20 minutes and says sorry they don't have anymore.

Not too happy....

I ordered the CE and received the standard edition in the mail yesterday. Packing slip says CE. This happen to anyone else? Is there anything I can do?

Great - so that's going to be their way to Shqa-Fu this promo up. Can't wait to untangle when I get my CE order fulfilled with a standard ed. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but this is BB after all. . .

[quote name='gospelman']I ordered the CE and received the standard edition in the mail yesterday. Packing slip says CE. This happen to anyone else? Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]
Exchange it in-store and hope they still have a CE

Oh boy. This is going to be great. Can't wait to open my mailbox tomorrow to find that standard edition. I'm sure I could have gotten a CE in store, but since I pre-ordered it and had used my reward zone coupons on it, I figured that I would just wait for my mail order copy. Man, their customer service is going to hear it tomorrow (I'll spare the CSR and ask for a manager right away ;-) ) . Cancelling the order would have been much more respectable that a bait and switch.

I picked up a copy today and got a free SCC themed beanie with it (I'll sure need it to keep my head warm here in Las Vegas) /sarcasm. I have not opened it to check on the USB yet. We'll see soon...

so was there any rz points along with splinter cell conviction? I bougt the collectors edition on wed. & used my reward zone card & was just wondering if I should be expecting a gift ard from this purchase..

Wow that's gunna be awesome if they ship me the wrong fucking game. I'll murder someone and especially if they are out of the CE

Seriously... what are you guys planning on doing if you got a regular edition instead of a CE?

I've already waited for a week and returned my regular Amazon version just because I thought I'd be finally getting a CE once it was out of backorder...

Just got mine from bestbuy.com and they shipped me the collector's edition haven't checked USB drive yet, but I didn't care too much about that anyway.

Damn I got mine last Friday but haven't bothered to check it :(. I'll check when I get home. I better have a CE :evil:

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']If anyone in the Houston area wants a CE Conviction, go to the Woodlands Best Buy store. I just returned mine there.[/QUOTE]

That is a hefty drive but thanks for the heads up. Why'd you return it?

bread's done
Back