Splinter Cell Conviction- Out now

slickkill77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
51669_SplinterCellConviction-Artwork-01_normal.jpg

Video- http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...tion/videos/splintercell_trl_dev3_120809.html

Co-op article (December 9th, 2009)- http://www.thelostgamer.com/2009/12/09/splinter-cell-conviction-features-co-op-prologue-campaign/

Co-op hands on and video (December 18th, 2009)- http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/18/splinter-cell-conviction-co-op-multiplayer-preview/

Article (September 23rd, 2009)- http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1027524p1.html

New trailer (September 23rd, 2009)- http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...deos/tgs09_spintercell_trl_washdc_092309.html

New gameplay and interview
http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/62289...conviction-updated-hands-on?tag=topslot;img;3

Videos and Walkthroughs

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling it is going to suck, but I am hoping they pull it off. They should of just stuck to old Splinter Cell instead of making it a completely different scenario.

Here's to hoping.

[quote name='slickkill77']
http://www.manofconviction.com/uk/
May 15th: teaser trailer
There's a teaser trailer on the bottom left bullet
[/QUOTE]

Interesting...why Malta? (the island it zooms in on before cutting off.) Is this the locale for the new game? A Mediterranean holiday resort is pretty un-Splinter Cell-like. Maybe that's the point.

I enjoyed the teaser trailer, made me excited to hear the story. Could be good - the first footage made me hesitant. Speaking of the first footage, it showed Sam at a park(?) looking gruffed up and depressed - and he was approached by some unkown guys that he threw into things. I'm guessing it is how the game will be played, out in the open and rough.

I'm looking forward to the game and even though I bought Double Agent, I felt that game had a lot of problems. They've been working one this FOREVER so I guess we'll see what the extra time did.

If they stick to the original multiplayer style/engine instead of adding non-sense, it's simple don't fix what isn't broken. I was disappointed with double agent it seemed like the mercs are super saiyan in the game and way too strong to the point where it wasn't balanced. Although I enjoyed the campaign so I wasn't totally jipped.

I got one thing from seeing that trailer, that contained no game info, that Michael Ironside is still playing Sam Fisher. Which is GOOD news.

Being a huge fan of all four of the splinter cell games this will be a must play for me EVEN if the reviews are bad or that they change the game style .... I still have to play it. Now I most likely won't get at it launch, but definitely some time down the line.

[quote name='supraazn']Being a huge fan of all four of the splinter cell games this will be a must play for me EVEN if the reviews are bad or that they change the game style .... I still have to play it. Now I most likely won't get at it launch, but definitely some time down the line.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, though I probably will on launch or very soon after.

Everything about this game sounds disappointing so far, however, ive never enjoyed a splinter cell game and ive tried out the 360 versions out so far. Id like to enjoy it, but never could. This one looks no different sadly.

Wait, is Michael Ironside actually still doing the Sam Fisher voice? Where was no details about it on his IMDb page.

EDIT: Wikipedia says he is, and it does sound like him in the trailer.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ubi pretty much said its going to be fall/spring of next year[/QUOTE]

Did they just move it again? Last I heard it was moved to fiscal year 2009-2010 and there year starts in April. They moved it to the same fiscal year as Assassin's Creed 2. Did they move it again recently?

looking forward to this. Now should I buy it on release date or wait 14 days for the ubi discount to kick in and get it at $40?

So what are these cryptic teasers supposed to mean? They zoom in on three different locations - Malta, Atlanta(?) and Los Angeles. Are these where the game is taking place, or...?

The second two trailers zoom into specific buildings. I guess they want us to figure out what these buildings are...

I'll be getting this, I love me some Splinter Cell (even though I couldn't make it through DA (damn those hideout "missions")), but I'll be waiting a few weeks for Ubi to put it on sale like they do ALL of their games.

Don't know if this means anything or not but at the end of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Sam deffused a bomb at LAX so that could have some connection with the third video. Well technically he dropped it behind the cops and let them defuse it then he ran away.

Just 2 pages and no discussion since the gameplay premiere (was my E3 'game of the show'). Pretty engaging gameplay for someone like me who only could stand the multiplayer of previous iterations and not the singleplayer campaign's timing the AI route and restarting at the last checkpoint if spotted. The delay went to incredible use to distinguish itself with smart design choices.

No moving bodies.
No shadow meter (screen desaturates).
A Hollywood power-up to execute selected targets.

I'm pretty confident my PC can run anything that's released in 2009 running on at least medium settings (if it's optimized correctly), though I'd rather use the console set-up so I'm really hoping it's a 6 to 12 month timed exclusive till a PS3 release is 'bound (you guys got MGS: Rising day-in-date!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just 2 pages and no impressions based on the gameplay premiere (was my E3 'game of the show'). Pretty engaging gameplay for someone like me who only could stand the multiplayer of previous iterations and not the singleplayer campaign's timing the AI route and restarting at the last checkpoint if spotted. The delay went to incredible use to distinguish itself with smart design choices.

No moving bodies.
No shadow meter (screen desaturates).
A Hollywood power-up to execute selected targets.

I'm pretty confident my PC can run anything that's released in 2009 running on at least medium settings (if it's optimized correctly), though I'd rather use the console set-up so I'm really hoping it's a 6 to 12 month timed exclusive till a PS3 release is 'bound (you guys got MGS: Rising day-in-date!).

This is my most anticipated game of the year. I like the new gameplay direction. I would of liked the old splinter cell gameplay but at least they didn't stick with what they originally wanted conviction to be.

It just got delayed AGAIN. A-fuckING-GAIN.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/27/splinter-cell-conviction-delayed-until-march-quarter/#comments

There's a whole host of delays coming out of today's Ubisoft investor update, but this is the one that'll likely hurt the most: Splinter Cell: Conviction has been moved from the fourth quarter of 2009 to the first quarter of 2010. In other words, Sam Fisher won't be making his return until sometime between January 1 and March 31 of next year (the fourth fiscal quarter of 2009-10).

The delay sucks, but my wallet won't mind. Although Q1 next year (Alan Wake, Bioshock 2, etc) is absolutely packed already!

This along with MW2 was my most anticipated equally, but I can't say Im too disappointed. Id rather them delay if it means a more solid game.

That being said, its more likely the delay is financial related. MW2 is going to be a beast.

I'm actually pretty impressed with how this game looks. I'm even MORE impressed that they actually hold your hand a bit more and give you clues on what fucking direction to go.

With these improvements I might actually get this game and it will be the first time it won't be a waste of time getting.

let's hope they stick to this release date. the more they push it back the less i want it. should be the other way around but idk i'm not as amped for this like i was when they showcased it at E3.

I just got an email that a collectors edition is coming:

200012LE_bonus1LG.jpg
200012LE_bonus2LG.jpg
200012LE_bonus3LG.jpg

The Collector’s Edition includes the following:
  • CUSTOM USB DRIVE - This credit card–sized 3rd Echelon USB drive can stealthily fit in your wallet, is compatible with Xbox 360 systems, and is loaded to the max with exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else, including:
    • Full-length ‘Making of Splinter Cell Conviction’ video
    • Wallpaper
    • Concept art
    • Renders
    • Screenshots
    • Storyboards
    • And more…
  • “FIFTH FREEDOM: THE ART OF SPLINTER CELL” BOOK
    • Relive the best of Splinter Cell from past to present. This comprehensive hard-bound art book by Prima™ includes detailed art from the original Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Conviction, as well as in-depth commentary and notes from the developers.
  • TWO EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME CONTENT ITEMS
    • Gain first access to the MP5-SD3, a lethal close-quarters submachine gun with an integrated suppressor.
    • Customize your multiplayer character with an exclusive 3rd Echelon outfit.
  • COLLECTIBLE DECALS - Available only in the Collector’s Edition are two unique Xbox 360 decal stickers.
    • 3rd Echelon Logo Decal
    • Iconic Bullet Hole Decal
  • “DIGGING IN THE ASHES” COMIC BOOK
    • Watch the sequence of events preceding Splinter Cell Conviction unfold before your eyes in this one of a kind digital Splinter Cell comic book.
  • STEELBOOK™ DVD CASE
    • Premium embossed metallic steel case packaging with iconic bullet hole imagery.
  • SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION XBOX 360 GAME DISK
  • SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION MANUAL
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=76258

It's not on Amazon or Best Buy yet, though it took Amazon a few days to get Battlefield BC2 LE up on their site.

I'd wait a week or so and expect it to be on Amazon.com and Best Buy.

Well if it's anything like CT then I will be happy. CT was the best game in the series. There's a lot of speculation that there won't be a vs mode though.

bread's done
Back