Splinter Cell Conviction- Out now

Not really interested in the co-op, I'll pick this up again when it goes down in price a bit.. but I beat the single player today and it was a bit.. underwhelming. None of the game was particularly challenging and it didn't really feel like a Splinter Cell game (I can't move the bodies in the game? I can't shoot out certain lights?).

[quote name='Scorch']Not really interested in the co-op, I'll pick this up again when it goes down in price a bit.. but I beat the single player today and it was a bit.. underwhelming. None of the game was particularly challenging and it didn't really feel like a Splinter Cell game (I can't move the bodies in the game? I can't shoot out certain lights?).[/QUOTE]

Did you try Deniable Ops?

Well, I know the Shadow Armor (CE) and SPAS-12 are coming, but as I don't have the game anymore, I don't know what else has been released...

SPAS-12 is a failure of a gun in this game, heh.

Tempted to pick this game back up, though. Has it gotten any patches since the first one which fixed a lockup?

i like the way the game "moves/controls." it may not be the splintercelle'ist game but that'd be awesome as hell if they remade the first one with the fluid controls of this one. and i will get this one waiting for price drops

[quote name='timesplitt']i like the way the game "moves/controls." it may not be the splintercelle'ist game but that'd be awesome as hell if they remade the first one with the fluid controls of this one. and i will get this one waiting for price drops[/QUOTE]

If you can afford it, it's worth $30. It's on sale for $40 at Best Buy, with a $10 off coupon (making it $30) if you're a Rewards member.

[quote name='Scorch']Not really interested in the co-op, I'll pick this up again when it goes down in price a bit.. but I beat the single player today and it was a bit.. underwhelming. None of the game was particularly challenging and it didn't really feel like a Splinter Cell game (I can't move the bodies in the game? I can't shoot out certain lights?).[/QUOTE]

Dragging them into the darkness and smashing their face into the wall is so much more satisfying. I wish the other SC games played like this, this was the first one I ever finished or even cared enough to finish.

I got this game earlier this week for $10 at a pawn shop :)

Really excellent so far, my only complaint are the way it changes from black and white to color. The game should only lose color when I shoot out the lights.

Really want someone to do co-op with (first time for the last two maps, beat the first two split-screen) and I don't want to play with randoms.

So if anyone's up for Realistic please add me ;)

Also I don't want anyone who takes their games REAL seriously, so if you wanna play please be like laid-back and whatnot.

Add me at Lord Mooseifer (gamertag to the left is inaccurate, and I don't know how to fix it).

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Really want someone to do co-op with (first time for the last two maps, beat the first two split-screen) and I don't want to play with randoms.

So if anyone's up for Realistic please add me ;)

Also I don't want anyone who takes their games REAL seriously, so if you wanna play please be like laid-back and whatnot.

Add me at Lord Mooseifer (gamertag to the left is inaccurate, and I don't know how to fix it).[/QUOTE]

1) Click on User CP in the top left
2) Click on Edit Your Details
3) Pat yourself on the back

I'm not usually available til about 12:30 am pst. if I do at all at that time, but that probably the best time to catch me. Or if I'm on in the afternoon about 3ish pm pst.

To be honest the lack of being able to move bodies doesn't bother me. In this game they know Fishers coming for them (most of the time) and he's coming to kick ass. So guards finding bodies isn't really a big thing like in previous games I guess.

So... I have everything finished in Deniable OPS: Hunter on Realistic except for Third Echlon. Ubi Soft needs to die for making that map. I fucking hate it, fuckING HATE IT.

It's part of the game, it's part of the maps that are toward the end of the game?

I finally passed it after the umtienth time at work last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dastly75']I never got around to it, does anyone want to play the co-op?[/QUOTE]
I do! Maybe Sunday night or Monday?

I ran through the first 2.5 co-op levels with some drunk guy last night, anyone want to run through the last 2 with me tonight? I should be available around 8PM EST.

Pretty fun game that I've been neglecting to play. I like co-op games and this one is pretty sweet... might check out the DLC.

I've been holding onto these 1200MSP for like a month now, waiting for Torchlight...

However, I do enjoy a good game of SC:C... I might have to bite. Those maps look pretty good.

If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll be on. Tomorrow, Bulletstorm will probably suck me in, so I don't know how much more SC:C I'd play after that.

I can also help with a co-op campaign playthrough if anyone needs it. (on Realistic, preferably)

bread's done
Back