Splinter Cell Conviction- Out now

^I have both my single player and co op on my mem card (I think) and haven't run into a problem yet.

[quote name='Rhett']
@ VIPFreak: Yes, you can play Face Off against a friend in either splitscreen, system link, or Xbox Live. It's all the same lobby, just needs to be private (also allows PEC challenge unlocks and achievements).[/QUOTE]

Cool good to know. My friend will love that because then he can hand me my ass regularly.

(Link) Free Deniable Ops map in May (Link)

Thanks to LazyGamer for giving everyone the chance to get their hands on these codes. There are unlimited codes, and will be sent out May 13th.

Is Ubi trying to make it hard to get all of this "extra" content on purpose? First fifty billion "unlockable" codes, either for guns that you can find easily in the campaigns, or they screwed up and gave people codes for the wrong armor (CE people got CE armor instead of Code of Conviction armor, while already having CE armor).

Ontop of that, they're releasing all of these guns that were already in the game, and a gadget, every Thursday, for whatever reason. I assume so they can tout their horn about having "free non-DLC".

Oh well, looking forward to the map anyways.

i dont like the look feel or the story or the single player

but that co-op **** makes me want to rip my own dick off and hug it. it looks awesome and fun. im going to make my friend rent it so we can just co-op the **** out of the single/that challenge mode

I just beat the single player campaign on Easy because I wanted to enjoy the story...and I was not disappointed. I felt like Jack Bauer the entire time I was playing. Great game and I'm looking forward to some co-op and other multiplayer modes with friends in the future. I don't think I'll be putting this game down any time soon.

Plus, free DLC? Who can argue with that?

[quote name='Rhett']CE people got CE armor instead of Code of Conviction armor, while already having CE armor[/QUOTE]

I haven't punched in my code yet...so the CE Armor doesn't require a code? I don't think I have it if it doesn't.

[quote name='Rhett'](Link) Free Deniable Ops map in May (Link)

Thanks to LazyGamer for giving everyone the chance to get their hands on these codes. There are unlimited codes, and will be sent out May 13th.

Is Ubi trying to make it hard to get all of this "extra" content on purpose? First fifty billion "unlockable" codes, either for guns that you can find easily in the campaigns, or they screwed up and gave people codes for the wrong armor (CE people got CE armor instead of Code of Conviction armor, while already having CE armor).

Ontop of that, they're releasing all of these guns that were already in the game, and a gadget, every Thursday, for whatever reason. I assume so they can tout their horn about having "free non-DLC".

Oh well, looking forward to the map anyways.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link. If they are giving out unlimited codes, why don't they just include the map as one of the weekly free "extras"?

I've found myself playing deniable ops a lot more than the campaign. I'm at the very end of the campaign on normal and have been playing hunter on realistic... tons of fun. Waiting for my brother's copy to arrive so we can try coop story and deniable ops.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ubisoft will give out free stuff then charge $10+ for Spys vs Mercs.[/QUOTE]

And... I'll be a sucker. :(

[quote name='lilman']Thanks for the link. If they are giving out unlimited codes, why don't they just include the map as one of the weekly free "extras"?

I've found myself playing deniable ops a lot more than the campaign. I'm at the very end of the campaign on normal and have been playing hunter on realistic... tons of fun. Waiting for my brother's copy to arrive so we can try coop story and deniable ops.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, as I said in the same post, Ubi has been completely retarded in how they're handling unlockables and "free content", so I don't know what the deal here is. Probably some agreement with all these sites for publicity or something.

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] Ubisoft will give out free stuff then charge $10+ for Spys vs Mercs.

Mark my words. [/QUOTE]

Ofcourse they will, because they can tout about how they had "all this amazing free 'DLC'!".

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't punched in my code yet...so the CE Armor doesn't require a code? I don't think I have it if it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Too many quotes -.-

Some people with the CE got a Code of Conviction armor (VR Alkali) instead of Shadow Armor. Some people got Shadow Armor, then got Shadow Armor again with Code of Conviction (which was a promotion/campaign for the game that was not very well known at all). So, it's kinda luck based. Problem is, you end up getting two of the same suit, and since they both just got used...

You have to put it in to get the (an) armor that came with your CE.

Could use some people who are interested in the Last Stand achievements, or just general Realistic gameplay, still. Just add me :) (GT: Rhett819)

Just completed Infiltration a couple nights ago. Really interesting mode. It's not as tense as it seems if you're having fun. I often found myself or my teammate accidentally sprinting through lasers or having Benny Hill moments with enemies, hehe. Last Stand is probably the most intense, since you either have to constantly be on the move, or taking cover from fire that's incoming from all sides.

After playing this some more (I was at the airfield in my last post) I'm liking it a bit more.
I'm now walking to through the streets to the White House.
I definitely think that the some of the fun to be had with the game is in how you play it. It definitely feels more rewarding to be as sneaky as possible.

I do however think part of the charm is that if you do get detected it's not an instant death and you can actually go back to being stealthy if you move quick enough. It's nice though that if you get impatient which I tend to at times I can still take out the enemies. It kind of feels like a hybrid game of action and stealth.

I tend to stick with my first sentiment though i think around $40 is a good price point to pick this one up. I'd like to see where they go next with the series and if anything I've now played a Splinter Cell game. Good Stuff.

[quote name='jkam']I definitely think that the some of the fun to be had with the game is in how you play it. It definitely feels more rewarding to be as sneaky as possible.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but there are some levels
such as the airfield level
that make it VERY hard to be sneaky and not take anyone out. I really wish that the levels were designed to allow for a more stealthy approach. For example in one scene where you have to climb up to the 3rd or 4th floor of an office building, there really doesn't seem to be any other way to progress to the next floor aside from going up the stairwell. It would have been nice to have been given a way to climb up (again, ala Ezio from AC) around the threat.

I think the Ubi guys are almost there with this franchise, just a little bit more to go and it would be perfect.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I agree, but there are some levels
such as the airfield level
that make it VERY hard to be sneaky and not take anyone out. I really wish that the levels were designed to allow for a more stealthy approach. For example in one scene where you have to climb up to the 3rd or 4th floor of an office building, there really doesn't seem to be any other way to progress to the next floor aside from going up the stairwell. It would have been nice to have been given a way to climb up (again, ala Ezio from AC) around the threat.

I think the Ubi guys are almost there with this franchise, just a little bit more to go and it would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

I think it all depends on what approach you take. On the Airfield episode I didn't take much damage playing on realistic, I did die a few times though. When there's a lot of enemies surrounding you, what you need to do is create a distraction on one area, and maneuver around it so that when enemies come to check it out, you go around them and behind them, then you just proceed through he shadows as you normally would. I personally found the Third Echelon receptionist area completely hard, you obviously could not sneak into the building, and the dude by the window kept taking me out with one shot, and if it wasn't him, it was on of the other 3 guys down the hallway.

I think that if they're going to put you in situations where a firefight is unavoidable, they need to provide you with better weapons earlier on. The White House level for example, was a pain in the ass as well, way too many enemies and pretty hard to evade.

For all you Splinter Cell fans,
This is the first Splinter Cell game I've played(...well, I played one of them on the GameCube back in the day, but didn't really understand it was a stealth game, so I hated it). I love this game so far. Is it worth going back and picking up the other Splinter Cell games?

Further, for Tom Clancy fans,
In a similar fashion, I never really played Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon when they were out. Now playing Conviction and Vegas 1/2, which I loved also, I've gotten back in the mood to play all the Tom Clancy games. Are the Ghost Recon games and old Rainbow Six games for XBox worth picking up?

Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox is great. I haven't played the expansions.
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 for 360/PS3 are good but their previous console generation incarnations are pretty gimped.
Ghost Recon and GR - Island Thunder on Xbox were great but I don't know how they might have held up. They looked pretty primitive back in 2002/03 plus squad commands have really come a long way.
Ghost Recon 2 was fun but the last time I played it was in 2005 so its luster may be gone as well.

As far as the older Splinter Cell games go, I haven't played enough of Conviction to compare. I will say that the third game, Chaos Theory is absolutely amazing in many ways on the original Xbox. Graphics that still hold up (played it probably 18 months ago), varied and fun levels, many unique ways to dispose of your enemies, an interesting enough story, and some awesome multiplayer modes that are now, sadly, offline. You could still do the awesome co-op through system link.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well this sucks...I just beat the game on Realistic difficulty and I didn't get the achievement. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Happened to most people -.-

Either replay Downtown + Washington, (start to finish, no pussy-footing!)

Or

Remove SCC patch and play Washington again (yes, the patch that froze the game also screwed up the achievement).

The first option worked for me.

Also, I've lost all of my progress THREE times now. No warning. If you do anything the game does not like, you will lose all progress (Deniable Ops, coop, and story) and all of your 'completed difficulty' marks will be removed as well.

I think this happens when you quit Deniable Ops matches regularly, leave SCC in the middle of a game to go to the dashboard, or just plain leave the game to the dashboard or shut down while doing something the game doesn't like...

It's getting irritating because I was going for Face Off Completionist and Last Man Standing, and now I have no idea where I stand :)roll:)

Love the game but I'm leaning towards trading it right now. Done pretty much everything in the game short of putting up with Face Off or Last Standing for extended periods.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well this sucks...I just beat the game on Realistic difficulty and I didn't get the achievement. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Strange. I played through the game once (on realistic), had the patch installed from day one, never experienced a freeze, and got the achievement no problem. I also got the "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" achievement at the same time. Maybe I was just lucky.

Looking to hop on later (9 or 10 cst); if anyone wants to hook up for coop, send me an xbla message. Friend req. if needed (note cag in the req).

[quote name='Rhett']Proximity Mine is now available through Exclusive Content.

Would've been alot more useful before now...[/QUOTE]

Yes!! Now I can relive my days of GoldenEye through this game.

I did that 'text this number and get a free weapon' thing a while back, just got the game today and it tells me the code has already been used. By who? Tried texting again and it said they already gave me a code... yes, a used one. So much for unique...

Happen to anyone else? :whistle2:s

[quote name='FrankySox']Same thing happened to me. It looks like when the next patch comes out you'll automatically get credit for beating the campaign on Realistic (if you beat every level on realistic) and get the achievement.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/7661093458[/QUOTE]

I read in some other forums that replaying the last 2 levels in realistic mode should trigger it. I tried it last night and I finally got my achievement.

Seriously... just happened to me this morning too. I then went to start downtown again and realized that I really didn't want to play those last two levels again. The end of the game becomes very linear and too forceful towards gunplay. I think the coop levels are a lot more open and fun.

[quote name='faceturd']Seriously... just happened to me this morning too. I then went to start downtown again and realized that I really didn't want to play those last two levels again. The end of the game becomes very linear and too forceful towards gunplay. I think the coop levels are a lot more open and fun.[/QUOTE]

I was able to skip alot of fighting just because I knew exactly where enemies were and where I was able to throw explosives. It was pretty easy beating those two levels again, actually...

Especially now that you have proximity mines. Lob and explode on contact!

Otherwise, wait it out and you'll get credit from a future patch.

Also, traded my copy of SC:C so... I'm nolonger available to play.

PS: The Gamestop shotgun blows chunks. Literally. Chunks of air. What a shitty "pre-order bonus"! WHY DOES IT HAVE A SCOPE?!

Is anyone interested in A Sprinter Cell Conviction weapon code. It is random for what it is for. Some things it can be are the: SPAS 12 shotgun, Silenced MP-5, and SC3000 gun.

I have three.

[quote name='Rhett']Especially now that you have proximity mines. Lob and explode on contact![/QUOTE]

I started doing that even on my first pay through. It was just too temptingly easy to lob those proximity mines to deal with groups of people and especially the third echelon agents. But I have to say, it felt, well... like I was cheating. I wish I never got them.

[quote name='faceturd']Seriously... just happened to me this morning too. I then went to start downtown again and realized that I really didn't want to play those last two levels again. The end of the game becomes very linear and too forceful towards gunplay. I think the coop levels are a lot more open and fun.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I got the achievement after doing the second to last level when the Realistic glitch hit me. I finished the level in no time just going rambo with explosives.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is anyone interested in A Sprinter Cell Conviction weapon code. It is random for what it is for. Some things it can be are the: SPAS 12 shotgun, Silenced MP-5, and SC3000 gun.

I have three.[/QUOTE]

I was until you asked for something in return after making this post. Be clearer about what you want next time ass.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I was until you asked for something in return after making this post. Be clearer about what you want next time ass.[/QUOTE]

This is CheapAssGamer, not FreeAssGamer... and not because of the unfortunate acronym.

I asked if anyone was interested. People are selling these codes for $20. I offered one for $5, or three for $10.

Some people always complain.

Anyone have any comments on multiplayer after playing now for a bit? I've played single and most of coop and am considering just trading it because MP looks uninteresting. Or is it worth a bit of time?

[quote name='faceturd']Anyone have any comments on multiplayer after playing now for a bit? I've played single and most of coop and am considering just trading it because MP looks uninteresting. Or is it worth a bit of time?[/QUOTE]

Faceoff is a terrible mode, and poorly executed. Setting the enemy density above Low slows down the game because it forces way too many enemies into such a small portion of the map. Setting it to Low is just boring, and becomes a rush to kill as many enemies as you can (this also sometimes ends up hoarding all the enemies at one end of the map, near one spy). Set it to zero, and it's basically a campfest. Plus, you'll probably end up in situations often where limits in the game, or slight lag end up screwing you over in some form.

I imagine it'd be a decent game for SvM if they do it right, but if you're already getting burnt out on SP and coop, you might want to look into trading it out before it deteriorates in value anymore since it's an Ubisoft game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the coop though, and met some cool people from GameFaqs through it. Lots of 'badass' moments.

The one weirdest thing I noticed is that the game NEEDS a great connection between both players, or you get what feels like a framerate drop (the game looks great and is almost always pushed to its limits as it is, so this really sucks) and it's completely noticeable. I don't understand this, but it hasn't been an issue as it was always the other person, and they managed to fix it somehow. Must be linked to the amount of packets sent to each other constantly, since there's almost no discrepancy in actions between players if the connection is good.

Probably gonna pick this game back up in the future, not enough 3rd person games. :)

Thanx. I've really enjoyed coop too, though I I think there could still be substantial improvement since more often than not it just collapsed into two agents doing their own thing in the same room. But even after one play-through of the single player (and most likely the coop), I don't think I am really up for a second round when there are other things I want to play. Thanx for the info on MP... I'll probably look for a trade.

BTW - During coop I have already experienced some pretty wicked lagging issues. So I know what you mean.

Absolutely loving the game so far.

Still 4 weapons short of completing my stash...do some weapons only appear earlier in the game?

And what's all this Uplay business about?

Yes, so you'll have to go back and pick them up to unlock them.

As for U-Play, its that new thing Ubisoft is doing that rewards you with either in-game items or dashboard items for completing certain goals. Your points allow you to unlock weapons, a co-op mode, and a standard theme.

bread's done
Back