Splinter Cell Conviction- Out now

Really enjoying the single player so far. Trying to be a little more stealthy then shooty. Add me to the list, I'm always up for some multiplayer. Just hopefully the game has some lasting appeal once single player is done. Not sure if I'll wait for the GR:Future Soldier Beta at all.

[quote name='Rhett']

Need someone else to play SCC with. The one guy I'm playing with since I got it is from GameFaqs, and he talks too much. It'd also be nice to knock out the Face Off achievements since I've heard that most people (larf) quit before the round's over (and you have to win 3 rounds to get credit, 3 rounds = 1 game)[/quote]

I'll be down for co-op when I finish the sp.

:lol: Your comment about how the gamefaqs guy talks too much reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp9O6FvyD0U

Bob & Steve!!

To people who have gotten the achievement for finishing the game on Realistic difficulty: At what point does that achievement pop up in the game? I've now beaten the last mission twice on Realistic as well as all the other levels and I haven't gotten it yet. I went back to check on scene select and sure enough I have all three red dots next to each mission. Got all the other achievements fine so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Also for those asking it took me about 9-10 hours to beat the game on Realistic.

^That video was horrible. I'm also getting really tired of X-Play trying to be funny, especially Morgan... She shouldn't be allowed on tv.

One more question. My friend got the bonus gun code via the txt message but he accidentally lost the code, is there a way to get it back?

[quote name='VipFREAK']^That video was horrible. I'm also getting really tired of X-Play trying to be funny, especially Morgan... She shouldn't be allowed on tv.

One more question. My friend got the bonus gun code via the txt message but he accidentally lost the code, is there a way to get it back?[/QUOTE]

It's just the SC3000, he'll get it eventually anyway.

So, after playing this game for a few hours I'm having mixed feelings. In one sense, I feel like a total bad ass (dropped an object on two guys while dropping from a pipe to take out another, then executed two more ... all within 5 seconds), but then I also feel like the game has nothing to offer other than the cover mechanic and mark/execute. Maybe it's because I've just gotten out of the airfield level and there wasn't much verticality, but I really hope I start seeing levels where I'm not just hopping from cover to cover in a horizontal line.

Was it worth $60 ... not sure at this point. I'd love to see Ubi create a game where you combine Sam's bad-assness and modern-day settings with Ezio's free-roaming and scaling abilities. Splinter-Cell "next" maybe? Just wish it wasn't so linear.

I've been playing for 13.5 hours already and I'm just getting to the reservoir now. The folks who are finishing this in 5 hours must be motoring through it.

Has anyone had any luck with the co-op match tool on the Splinter Cell site? I entered all of my info but it says it's still looking for my optimal co-op partner.

I started the single player and played for about 4 hrs. last night. I think my friend's smaller screen and that it was split screen was more the problem with my frustrations than the controls. It was really enjoyable even though I'm starting off with rookie so I would have a chance to get used to the controls... This game is going to be a keeper and it's nice it has something like T-Hunt because it will keep me playing the game longer. I have yet to even consider doing multiplayer.

Turns out I bought Infiltration like an hour before the Amazon preorder codes went out. Is anyone going to get, or has, Assassin's Creed 2 and R.U.S.E.? Chance to save a few UPlay points (kinda pointless, but meh).

Well, if anyone for some reason wants it, first PM gets it. I'm sure I'm not the only one with an extra, though. I mean, it's not hard to unlock Infiltration.

The coop campaign is awesome with a competent team mate :D

[quote name='Rhett']The coop campaign is awesome with a competent team mate :D[/QUOTE]

My friend said I improved heavily since the last time we co oped this game. I knew it from the start since I had was on my 46in. tv and no split screen. So much nicer. It's very fun. In the beginning he was always reviving my ass, but now I'm starting to have to revive his ass. lol

[quote name='LinkinPrime']UPlay?[/QUOTE]

What exactly is it?

[quote name='VipFREAK']My friend said I improved heavily since the last time we co oped this game. I knew it from the start since I had was on my 46in. tv and no split screen. So much nicer. It's very fun. In the beginning he was always reviving my ass, but now I'm starting to have to revive his ass. lol

What exactly is it?[/QUOTE]

Uplay is like achievements within Ubisoft games. Started with AC2. If you look on the main menu in Conviction there should be a option for uplay but you have to register online first and link with your gamertag. Then when you do certain things in Ubi games (like finish Conviction), you get uplay points that you can redeem on extras in games like the first thing I did was earn points in AC2 and bought the Altair costume. There is an additional outfit for multiplayer in conviction as well as a xbox theme and some other stuff.

UPLAY You get 10 pts just for signing up.

I was a little disappointed with how quickly I breezed through the single player campaign on Realistic. I started the game late last night and only made it to the airfield, then finished the whole thing in a few hours today (not sure exactly how long), is there anyway to check? There were only a few "What the fuck am I supposed to do now?!" moments, like in the parking structure when I spent an hour infiltrating and thought it would be mission failure to kill a guard. I can't wait to try the co-op and hope it isn't horrible on splitscreen with a 47".

The graphics could be a little more polished, was surprised not to see an Assassin's Creed-ish crowd-blending mechanic like the initial screenshots/videos depicted, but I was pleasantly surprised at how I didn't get too frustrated when I died/failed a mission as it was very enjoyable trying to accomplish all the different P.E.C. Challenges and fun trying out all the different ways I could mark/execute. I was a bit disappointed in the story as it seemed VERY similar to other recent "big" releases.

Just got the game last night and just stopped at the flashback mission. Enjoying the tie-ins to Rainbows Six, i.e. Black Arrow facility and the inclusion of PEC is a nice improvement.

I'm excited about this ending in co-op, hopefully my friend and I can breeze through the rest of the it today. Last night I went from "awesome" to "awful" over the course of eating a pizza (I blame the pizza). My bro-op partner started to get annoyed and we couldn't figure out how to beat the end-boss for the third level.

I need to get my game face back on.

Just got this and started playing a little. I'm in the airfield level. This is actually my first Splinter Cell game but I picked it up because I enjoyed the short demo. I kind of have mixed feelings with it so far. I love the mechanics and I do feel there are some fun moments but i have to agree it feels a little like Mark & Execute along with some cool stealth moves are all the game offers. I really do love the atmosphere and the wall videos though. I'll keep playing it but not sure this is a game I'll be holding onto in the long run. I'd say $40 is probably a better purchase price...at least thus far.

[quote name='moojuice']Before I "waste" my UPlay points, is the UPlay weapon Uplay-Exclusive (as in I can't unlock it normally)?[/QUOTE]

Yep, can't get it otherwise. You can also get an MP7A1 and a P99 from the Extras - Exclusives page. MP7A1 will be readily available, but for the P99 you have to press down ONCE, and hit A. (it'll be invisible) (possibly patched, since Ubi thought "HEY! Lets take out 8 weapons and add them later as a publicity stunt... 'FREE' DLC!" and some of them were available by accident)

Finished the co-op campaign with AlcoholicZombie lastnight. We ended up playing 99% of the campaign after staying up all night the morning before, and ended at the last level (didn't know we got that far)... Very interesting campaign.

Oddly enough, the people I've been playing with don't care for Deniable Ops...? I think it's fun! Played 20 waves of Last Stand on Realistic with Mardanos (Amari) lastnight. That was crazy. It's really fun in the beginning when there aren't so many enemies...and then you end up with 35 or so top-of-the-line assault-rifle-toting armored badasses swarming you. There is no rest! If you aren't killing someone, then you better be moving to kill someone. :p

Face Off is just chaos. They throw you and another person in a small map (think 1/4 of a level, like Hunter or Infiltration) with a slew of enemies... Like, way too many enemies for such a level (atleast on Normal and Low [enemy density]). I admit it'd be boring with no enemies, but they overdid it. You often spawn and get spotted (atleast on Realistic), and if you aren't spotted when you spawn, then you're either lucky or haven't run into the firing squad yet.

Having a blast with this game :)

Edit/tacked on:

[quote name='jkam']Just got this and started playing a little. I'm in the airfield level. This is actually my first Splinter Cell game but I picked it up because I enjoyed the short demo. I kind of have mixed feelings with it so far. I love the mechanics and I do feel there are some fun moments but i have to agree it feels a little like Mark & Execute along with some cool stealth moves are all the game offers. I really do love the atmosphere and the wall videos though. I'll keep playing it but not sure this is a game I'll be holding onto in the long run. I'd say $40 is probably a better purchase price...at least thus far.[/QUOTE]

The game will grow on you, I'm sure. I felt like that in the beginning too, before I had tried co-op or beaten the campaign. Mark and Execute alone is not going to cut it later on. You'll get more adjusted to the game, and find more creative ways to take out enemies that are outnumbering you. Definitely recommend co-op with a partner that plays similarly.

It's probably explicitly through SCC since it has its own system(s).

Here's a list of upcoming DLC courtesy of the Ubi forums:

MP7A1 (Machine Pistol) - Released

P99 (Pistol) - Go to Extras - Exclusive Content, go just below the last unlocked item in the list (by one) and hit A to unlock. Possibly a glitch.

FAMAS G2 (Assault Rifle)

M3 (Shotgun)

VIKHR (Sub-Machine Gun)

3rd Echelon HQ (Deniable Ops Map)

3 New Co-op Missions

Proximity Mines (possibly, spotted in a few trailers, space for it on gadget page, but not found yet?! Do wanty!)

Can not wait for 3rd Echelon HQ. Or Co-op missions.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe'] I can't wait to try the co-op and hope it isn't horrible on splitscreen with a 47". [/QUOTE]

My friend's is a 40in. and glare (he just moved). Mine is a 46in. I'd probably rather mine, but even then I like networked (him at home and me at home) a hell of a lot better because I have my own FULL 46 in. screen to utilize.

[quote name='Rhett']but for the P99 you have to press down ONCE, and hit A.

Having a blast with this game :)

Edit/tacked on:

The game will grow on you, I'm sure. [/QUOTE]

You can get the P99 now?

Definitely in agreement with the rest. It's taken over from NHL10 from cutting into my sleep... It's not cool, but it's that much of an addicting game.

[quote name='Rhett']

Can not wait for 3rd Echelon HQ. Or Co-op missions.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the more maps for my friend and I in co op the better.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe'] There were only a few "What the fuck am I supposed to do now?!" moments, like in the parking structure when I spent an hour infiltrating and thought it would be mission failure to kill a guard.
[/QUOTE]

This is the issue I had with the mechanics/story.
The lvl where you infiltrate 3rd echelon. I can understand killing Black Arrow guys since they're hired to find Sam and kill him, but it just felt wrong to kill security guards and other 3rd echelon agents. Think about it in the context of the story. I get that Sam feels betrayed and is Mr. Badass-kill-anything-that-gets-in-my-way til I uncover the the truth. But you should interrogate/beat-the-shit-out-of/kill the agency heads that fucked you over, not grunts just doing their jobs.

Aside, from that, I miss the way you could grab guys in CT, have a sarcastic interrogation with them in your clutches and then knock them the fuck out and maybe move the body. I felt like doing that in certain levels but couldn't then someone found the body and sounded an alarm.

Tried solo Hunter last night. That's waaaay more fun then the sp. I think I have one more lvl on sp then I def. need to try the coop next.

[quote name='carbontiger']This is the issue I had with the mechanics/story.
The lvl where you infiltrate 3rd echelon. I can understand killing Black Arrow guys since they're hired to find Sam and kill him, but it just felt wrong to kill security guards and other 3rd echelon agents. Think about it in the context of the story. I get that Sam feels betrayed and is Mr. Badass-kill-anything-that-gets-in-my-way til I uncover the the truth. But you should interrogate/beat-the-shit-out-of/kill the agency heads that fucked you over, not grunts just doing their jobs.

Aside, from that, I miss the way you could grab guys in CT, have a sarcastic interrogation with them in your clutches and then knock them the fuck out and maybe move the body. I felt like doing that in certain levels but couldn't then someone found the body and sounded an alarm.

Tried solo Hunter last night. That's waaaay more fun then the sp. I think I have one more lvl on sp then I def. need to try the coop next.[/QUOTE]

Well you're obviously set to 'appear offline' on Xbox Live, so if you want someone to play Deniable Ops with, hit me up if I'm on. Maybe the story too, I dunno. I play for fun, mostly stealth, but you can guarantee a few 'I accidentally the enemy...' moments.

Coop is the best part of this game :)

[quote name='Rhett']Well you're obviously set to 'appear offline' on Xbox Live, so if you want someone to play Deniable Ops with, hit me up if I'm on. Maybe the story too, I dunno. I play for fun, mostly stealth, but you can guarantee a few 'I accidentally the enemy...' moments.

Coop is the best part of this game :)[/QUOTE]

No, I'm Online. I see you online, you can't see me? hmm...might have to check that setting.

You seem to have breezed through co-op on realistic. I'm slightly intimidated, lol. I play slow and methodical. I had fun playing hunter on rookie...killin fools at will..."another dead asshole"...mwahaha

[quote name='carbontiger']No, I'm Online. I see you online, you can't see me? hmm...might have to check that setting.

You seem to have breezed through co-op on realistic. I'm slightly intimidated, lol. I play slow and methodical. I had fun playing hunter on rookie...killin fools at will..."another dead asshole"...mwahaha[/QUOTE]

I was familiar with most of the levels since Deniable Ops is pretty much the co-op campaign. It's sorta forgiving even on Realistic, since you just start over at the last check point.

Realistic is more... lifelike, I guess. Rookie/Normal gives enemies what seems like temporary blindness in comparison, lol. Is fun though.

And no, you aren't online for me. Doesn't say you were online X hours ago either, just says "Offline".

[quote name='Rhett']It's probably explicitly through SCC since it has its own system(s).

Here's a list of upcoming DLC courtesy of the Ubi forums:

MP7A1 (Machine Pistol) - Released

P99 (Pistol) - Go to Extras - Exclusive Content, go just below the last unlocked item in the list (by one) and hit A to unlock. Possibly a glitch.

FAMAS G2 (Assault Rifle)

M3 (Shotgun)

VIKHR (Sub-Machine Gun)

3rd Echelon HQ (Deniable Ops Map)

3 New Co-op Missions

Proximity Mines (possibly, spotted in a few trailers, space for it on gadget page, but not found yet?! Do wanty!)

Can not wait for 3rd Echelon HQ. Or Co-op missions.[/QUOTE]

I actually made that post on the forums :)

The Deniable Ops map is confirmed for DLC, the 3 new co-op missions are just an assumption. If you go to splintercell.com/match there's 3 co-op missions that are still locked even after you complete the co-op story. I'm assuming there will be new co-op missions because the 3rd Echelon HQ is also listed under Hunter and its locked as well.

Has anyone found proximity mines though? I have been looking forever and still havn't found them.

Penny Arcade couldn't express it any better :D

Warning: Swearing (meh, fuck is censored on CAG so may as well.)

838303391_mkMe4-L.jpg

[quote name='Rhett']Penny Arcade couldn't express it any better :D

Warning: Swearing (meh, fuck is censored on CAG so may as well.)

838303391_mkMe4-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah I did laugh when one of the guys looking for me called me/Fisher a "douchebag".

Guys add me if your looking for co-op partners, and general killing and what not. Playing with random people is no fun especially in the second co-op mission where your not supposed to kill anyone for awhile - and they go in guns blazing over and over.

Multiplayer is better then expected but I'm probably gonna pop in Double Agent once in awhile just for some Spys vs Mercs.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Playing with random people is no fun especially in the second co-op mission where your not supposed to kill anyone for awhile - and they go in guns blazing over and over.[/QUOTE]

There's a reason NOT to play online. lol

I'll be happy to do co-op with anyone after I've finished it with my friend. (don't know when that will be though.)

Just finished realistic after my game save got corrupted in a transfer to my USB stick, took me aproximately 6:30 to beat it from start to finish, but knowing the layout of the levels probably attributed to the short time, so I probably spent twice that in reality.

Tried infiltration seriously last night. Man, what a mode. If you screw up, it's very easily game over.

Took like an hour per level, if not longer, on Realistic. Both of us are experienced in terms of gameplay mechanics and it was still rough. If things get frantic, you might occasionally trip a laser or miss a vital headshot (we tended to avoid using executes unless it was an emergency).

Very intense. :bouncy:

BTW: Do not play Face Off with Normal density enemies. Low framerates and constant, annoying action ensues.

[quote name='Rhett']Tried infiltration seriously last night. Man, what a mode. If you screw up, it's very easily game over.

Took like an hour per level, if not longer, on Realistic. Both of us are experienced in terms of gameplay mechanics and it was still rough. If things get frantic, you might occasionally trip a laser or miss a vital headshot (we tended to avoid using executes unless it was an emergency).

Very intense. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

See, this was basically my argument concerning the game's length. Based on prior SC experience, I think some people were playing this way from the beginning. And that easily puts the campaign into the 10+ hour range. Honestly, people who play this game like an FPS shouldn't be allowed to review it. It gives it a very unfair portrayal.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']See, this was basically my argument concerning the game's length. Based on prior SC experience, I think some people were playing this way from the beginning. And that easily puts the campaign into the 10+ hour range. Honestly, people who play this game like an FPS shouldn't be allowed to review it. It gives it a very unfair portrayal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even the campaign took 6-7 hours for me the first time.

Coop took around 4 hours or so totally, first time.

Hunter, Last Stand and Infiltration are the bread and butter of replayability though. Infiltration is surprisingly difficult and engrossing.

@ VIPFreak: Yes, you can play Face Off against a friend in either splitscreen, system link, or Xbox Live. It's all the same lobby, just needs to be private (also allows PEC challenge unlocks and achievements).

Anybody know why putting my save file and XBL profile on my memory card and playing coop on my brother's xbox either reverts my save to his save or deletes it outright. I made a copy on my HDD so I don't have to play through campaign a 3rd time to unlock the levels, but it would be nice to keep the PEC challenges and weapons I get in coop.

bread's done
Back