Splinter Cell Conviction (X360) $35 Half.com

This is like ebay well it is ebay just a fixed price 3rd party seller place. I seen it cheaper a few days there for like new. I will wait for a $25 or lower on this one.

Ah man. Wish I would've seen this earlier. I just picked up SC:C for $50 used at Gamestop. Is it sad that I wonder if this will last long enough for me to sell my copy and get it cheaper? lol

[quote name='rockstarnati']Ah man. Wish I would've seen this earlier. I just picked up SC:C for $50 used at Gamestop. Is it sad that I wonder if this will last long enough for me to sell my copy and get it cheaper? lol[/QUOTE]

Just return your overpriced used copy. As long as you have the receipt...

[quote name='saosin42']Just return your overpriced used copy. As long as you have the receipt...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they will only give me store credit.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Ah man. Wish I would've seen this earlier. I just picked up SC:C for $50 used at Gamestop. Is it sad that I wonder if this will last long enough for me to sell my copy and get it cheaper? lol[/QUOTE]
You can return it with reciept and get it from K-mart for $40 new if you live near one.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Yeah, but they will only give me store credit.[/QUOTE]

They should only give you store credit if you paid in store credit. Used games can be returned within 7 days and the refund is issued in the original payment type. Tell them to read their policy if they give you shit.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Use code APRIL2010TAKE10 ... makes it 35.99 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Note: this coupon only works if you're a first time buyer (or is registering another account). Anyways, thanks OP...I think I'll pass. This is, afterall, a Ubisoft title...it'll be 19.99 in no time.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Yeah, but they will only give me store credit.[/QUOTE]
if you fell for buying an overpriced gamestop game, chances are you will again, but this time you'll have credit ;)

I missed the info that was provided in the OP link. (Item no longer available)

How many copies did the seller have? I know Half.com is a division of eBay but why would this be posted when it may only be an individual seller with a single copy?

Someone obviously bought it and may not have even been a CAG -- not that it matters anyway.

I have a copy in my cart, is it considered like reserved or something? Before, I had tried to add it to my cart, said I couldn't because they were out of stock or it was reserved or something, tried it a while ago and it went through.

It's still in my cart, and I searched for it on Half.com and now it was gone. As long as it's in my cart is it liked.. reserved (sorry if I sound redundant)?

EDIT: And if anyone's wondering; the reason I still have it on there without having actually bought it yet is because I contacted the seller asking if he could let me buy it now, and wait a couple of days while I get some $ to put onto my paypal, so I'm waiting on his response.

While I haven't ordered from Half.com (not that people can't vouch for them) -- I can vouch for the game being worth $35 :D

[quote name='saosin42']They should only give you store credit if you paid in store credit. Used games can be returned within 7 days and the refund is issued in the original payment type. Tell them to read their policy if they give you shit.[/QUOTE]

They always tell me they only give credit. I know they're full of shit but I never really care because I always intend to spend the money there anyway. A different GS did give me cash once for a game I paid for with a credit card though, which was nice but unusual. But yeah, I paid most of this in credit anyway so returning it won't help me.

[quote name='sstcrush']if you fell for buying an overpriced gamestop game, chances are you will again, but this time you'll have credit ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't fall for anything and I don't think it's overpriced. I'm just too impatient to order online and this was my best option. ;)

[quote name='Rhett']While I haven't ordered from Half.com (not that people can't vouch for them) -- I can vouch for the game being worth $35 :D[/QUOTE]

i buy all my textbooks from half.com, haven't had any problems yet.

None in at the moment but I don't feel too ripped off considering I snagged this in a huge order I made from GS when 25OFF and 10AUTO were stacking.

[quote name='sstcrush']if you fell for buying an overpriced gamestop game, chances are you will again, but this time you'll have credit ;)[/QUOTE]

Not to mention it was $40 last week at KMart.

Got one for $34.32 shipped. That's around the price I was looking to get this game at, so I'm happy. Thanks OP!

[quote name='coupegamer']No. Horrible seller.[/QUOTE]
hope we didn't get douped and have to go through the tiresome claim process.

Haven't gotten mine yet either... emailed the seller last night and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I contacted the seller but no response. They do that shipping estimate because Half.com assumes you are selling something substantial in weight (like a book or text book) and sending it media mail (super snail mail). Video games are usually sent USPS first class mail which takes 3-5 days (its the same price as media mail and much faster). I know this because I sell games and textbooks on half.com all the time. So the fact that none of us has gotten it yet seems a little suspicious.

I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation or response from my seller either. If anyone has an update or receives the game at some point, let us know.

[quote name='boxman']I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation or response from my seller either. If anyone has an update or receives the game at some point, let us know.[/QUOTE]

Contacted and no response...

posted 2 emails, no response.

credit card charged

does anyone know how difficult the whole claim file process is or should I go straight thru the credit card company?

I filed a claim today but this is the first time I've used half.com so I don't really know what to expect. I've heard some people say that the claim process is a pain in the ass and the site states it could take up to 30 days (!) to 'investigate'.

If anyone else has any kind of update or insight on their end, be sure to let us know.

Yeah. Filing a claim through ebay/half.com is a pain. You are best off to dispute the charge with your credit card company

[quote name='coupegamer']Yeah. Filing a claim through ebay/half.com is a pain. You are best off to dispute the charge with your credit card company[/QUOTE]

Filing claims through eBay/Paypal/Half/Stubhub is a pain in the ass. It takes months for them to do anything. Disputing it through your credit card company is a guaranteed win but it can affect your credit scores if you care about those.

I used to sell actively on eBay, until I got screwed over very badly. I had a very high reputation on eBay, verified/confirmed premier Paypal account. The person that bought my goods also had a good reputation, verified/confirmed the whole enchilada. The business transaction went great, he paid, I sent him goods, we both left feedback for one another.

Six months later I receive a phone call from my bank informing me that Paypal attempted to withdraw $1000 out of my bank account. I tell them to block all requests from them for the time being until I get more info. I log into my Paypal account and discover that the buyer filed a charge back with his credit card and Paypal immediately awarded it to him and put my Paypal account balance in negatives. I call Paypal and they tell me that the buyer filed the charge back through their credit card and if I wish to dispute it I need to file a claim. I provided them all correspondences with the person, the tracking info, payment tabs, etc.

Four months pass and Paypal tells me that after receiving the details provided they cannot dispute the matter with the credit card company and they're requesting that I put my account back in neutral status, aka. pay them $1000 to take my account of negatives. This is absurd to me because first of I've already lost $1000 worth of goods on top of that now they're expecting me to lose $1000.

What also annoyed me was that we both had a verified, confirmed accounts so the transaction has "buyer/seller protection" from fraud cases. In fact I emailed it to the guys place of work, which was also the address on the credit card. I found out the hard way that if the person files a charge back directly through their credit card you alway lose. Which people 100% end up doing any ways because eBay/Paypal investigations take so damn long. You're not protected in those instances because Paypal has to dispute a claim with an even bigger financial entity with better lawyers. Things called banks have stuff called insurance and regulation... Paypal do not.

looks like I'm gonna file a dispute with my credit card company... get my money back and hopefully screw him... sounds like a win/win to me

[quote name='coupegamer']Yeah. Filing a claim through ebay/half.com is a pain. You are best off to dispute the charge with your credit card company[/QUOTE]

I've done it once on Ebay.com a while ago. It is a bit of a pain as its an extended process, but I did get my money back.

Sigh... I have been so excited to receive this game and still nothing... I sent him a email, but no response. Guess I will have to report a claim as soon as it is available...

bread's done
Back