Splinter Cell Pandorra Tomm XBOX $29.99 CompUSA

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Was flipping through CompUSA ad and saw SC:pandorra Tommorow for XBOX for $29.99. Awesome deal for the game. Too bad its not PC, as i don't have an xbox... OH well, awesome deal for those who want it and have an Xbox.

[quote name='Legolas813']well i've heard that best buy will price match so i wonder if they will price match AND let me use the GGC[/quote]

Usually they won't, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

[quote name='Legolas813']http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?&ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_code=311641

anyone know if circuit city or best buy can price match this, because none of the compusa's near me have this game in stock and i don't want to pay for shipping[/quote]

They'll price match the regular Sunday ad if it's in stock at CompUSA. If it's not in stock, maybe CompUSA has hours that they are not open when CC or Best Buy *are* open? That way, Best Buy can't call CompUSA to see if it's in stock (since they are closed) and pretty much will give you the the PM.

Check your store's inventory again - looks like they just added stock all across the board.

Ye-hah! Ordered online, pick up in-store later today. Life is good!

Jeremy

[quote name='LeviathynX']Anyone know if the online game for sale includes the free Xbobx live cards?[/quote]

They should be sealed inside from the factory. I'm pretty sure the retail stores have nothing to do with that. So in short, yes.

It's probably nationwide; I have it in my CompUSA ad, too. I'm in Springfield, VA. And for anyone who has trouble finding the price for the Xbox version in the ad, it's in text right under the PC version on page 10 (in my ad, anyway). That's probably the most obvious place to put the price, but hey, I just woke up, so . . . .

Its ok, i posted it too. I was first, by the way. Just because this thread is getting more discusiion doesn't make me bitter. Also, might be worthwhile pricematching at Best BUy to get it for $26.99. Just wanted to put that out, too.

The Target get-in-the-game coupons expire on tuesday. Anyone know if they are gonna put out new ones, possibly for SC:pT? That would help me out a bit:
$50 - $20 Price Match - $5 coupon - $15 Store Credit = SC:pT for $10 cash :D

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Its ok, i posted it too. I was first, by the way. Just because this thread is getting more discusiion doesn't make me bitter. Also, might be worthwhile pricematching at Best BUy to get it for $26.99. Just wanted to put that out, too.[/quote]

sorry, i didn't know you had made a thread about this..........btw, how would i get it for $26.99 at bestbuy?

WOW?!? That is one heck of a price drop sale for one of the most popular games out period. Just kinda odd. The game is pretty good but if it is already $30 at some places I think I will just wait it out. Mainly because I really don't need a new game right now.

just confirmed this at the Compusa website. They say its a b&m deal as well. Called and all the stores in my area have it for this price. Checked outpost but it was still $49.

AS I can recall this happened with the last Splinter Cell as well. In early Feb. best buy dropped the price to 30 for a week

this time it seems so much quicker though

Personally I am going to wait for the PC version to drop

The CompUSA website said my store had none in stock, but i went anyway. there were at least 10 on the shelf!

Thanks for the great deal. This site rocks.

Wow, I feel special. This just got on the frong page! W00T! Sorry, just really exicted. Between reaching 100 posts and geting on the front page, it's been a good day. :D Sorry, just had to express my excitement.

wouldnt it be 27.99 because 10% of 20 is 2
anyways at best buy you have to buy it then pricematch using the compusa ad at customer service and at circuit ciy you pricematch at the chas register if im correct.

Does anyone know if the compusa site has a printable ad for this week? There isn't a compusa near me, so I can't pick one up.

I have a question, I wanna price match this game at CC (I am getting the starter kit, counter-strike, and PGR 2). Do I just take the ad in (I got it out of the newspaper)? Will it be ok if I go tommorow

The web site said our local store didn't have any in stock. I drove down there and they probably had around 6-8 copies. Thanks!

[quote name='Garcia5Owens81']I have a question, I wanna price match this game at CC (I am getting the starter kit, counter-strike, and PGR 2). Do I just take the ad in (I got it out of the newspaper)? Will it be ok if I go tommorow[/quote]

You don't need to pricematch, CC has a deal this week where you get SC: Pandora Tomorrow and the Live Starter Kit for $100...Unless the Starter Kit is cheaper than $70 at CC or somewhere else, there is no need to pricematch.

SC:pT is out of stock at all the CompUSAs near me. I tried to get a pricematch at Best Buy with a printout of the online flyer but they said i need to bring in the original flyer, which didn't come with my newspaper :(

CompUSA's ad for the week of April 18-24:

scpt.gif

Spent the last half of my afternoon trying to get the best possible deal on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and these are my results. As always, YMMV...

Best Buy

I went to Best Buy with the intention of price-matching and using the Gamer Gift Card together in the same transaction, which would price the game at $24.99 +tax.

Best Buy would only price-match SC:pT at cost for $42.99, and with the GGC, the final price would come out to $37.99 +tax.

Circuit City

I went to Circuit City with the intention of price-matching and using a competitor's coupon (GGC) together in the same transaction, which would price the game at $24.99 +tax.

Circuit City was able to price-match SC:pT for the full sale price of $29.99, but would not honor the GGC coupon, making the final price $29.99 +tax.

Just picked this game up. Online says, zero in stock everywhere around me, Seattle WA. I called them up and they had plenty. Needless to say, their website isn't very accurate. Ended up pricematching at BB, but they woundn't let me use the GGC. Still a good price.

i had already bought this game at toys r us earlier in the month and was able to use the Sunday newspaper flier for their price guarantee with no problem

one thing though is to bring in the whole flier because they need to see the date of the ad which is only on the second to last page

[quote name='odibil']
Best Buy

I went to Best Buy with the intention of price-matching and using the Gamer Gift Card together in the same transaction, which would price the game at $24.99 +tax.

Best Buy would only price-match SC:pT at cost for $42.99, and with the GGC, the final price would come out to $37.99 +tax.

[/quote]

Hmm, I went to Best Buy today, bought Pandora Tommorow for $50 plus tax, went and got the CompUsa ad, went back and they price matched 110%.

Ended up getting it for $27.99+tax.

Does CompUSA accept competitor's coupons? CC does, Target doesn't, but I'm not sure about CompUSA. $27.99 PM at BB looks like my best option so far. Thanks for the info.

I was able to price match it at Best Buy and use the GGCC, so I paid a total of about $27 for game that came out less than a month ago :).

I know every store varies from location to location but here are the results of my pricematch attemps....I tried to get 2 each at Bestbuy and Circuit City because the closest CompUSA said they had limited stock but when I went in there was nothing. I wanted one for myself and 3 for co-workers, we all go online together so no I am not being greedy.

Bestbuy matched them no problem. The woman who helped me was very nice. She looked at the ad, wanted to see the date, and asked to keep the original of the page.....and rang them up. She didn't need to call CompUSA.

Circuit City was another story. I know lots of people have luck with them but in NYC Circuit City is Ghetto City. The woman looked at me like I was crazy, and called CompUSA, was on hold forever, before she told me "there's a rebate and we don't match rebates." When I told her there certainly is no rebate, she threw in "they don't have any in stock anyway." She didn't even know how much the supposed rebate was but told me I'd have to "go there" to get that price. When I asked her to call another store (one queens and one in NJ nearby definately had them in stock) she told me they only call the closest store. I spoke to a manager and he also said if the closest CompUSA didn't have them in stock he wouldn't do it.

Now this is partially sour grapes I admit but I think that's a poor way to build store loyalty, which is what I gather the price match guarantee is designed to do. If there's an ad from a national circular from the day before, it's not like someone is trying to get a super price on a way out of stock item. For a new game that's definately going to be restocked soon I think they should have given it to me....

I hate Best Buy, they wouldn't price match at ALL. There isn't a CompUSA any where near where I live was the excuse. Guess I'll have to wait for it to drop to $30 locally.

It will probably come back in this week at compusa.com....you'll have to pay shipping but you'll still get it cheap and won't have to wait.

[quote name='little_krampy']I hate Best Buy, they wouldn't price match at ALL. There isn't a CompUSA any where near where I live was the excuse. Guess I'll have to wait for it to drop to $30 locally.[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']It will probably come back in this week at compusa.com....you'll have to pay shipping but you'll still get it cheap and won't have to wait.[/quote]

Yes, I figure CompUSA will probably restock the game by the time this sale is over. I have a $25 GC for Best Buy and I'm being ultra cheap right now, that's why I'm determined to buy it from BB. Who knows maybe I'll break down and buy it if it comes back in stock.

I'm so tempted to pull the trigger, but the truth is, I won't play it for a long time, since I have so many other games to finish. By the time I get to it, it'll probably be Platinum. Knowing that, I'll just wait til then.

bread's done
Back