spun.com - 20-25% off all new and used games - $50 min.

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Works on pre-orders. MAY20 = 20% off, MAY25 = 25% off for all spunclub members (free to join so it's a no-brainer). Believe they are a sister site to wherehouse.com and secondspin.com. 1st class shipping is reasonable (4.95 usually). Good until the 28th.

http://www.spun.com/

Items cannot be scratched, cracked, chipped, skipping, or missing artwork. Video games must include the booklet, although the original box is not required. Some distributors and labels mark special sale items with a hole punch through the barcode or booklet. Spun.com accepts these "cut-outs" as long as the artwork is otherwise intact and the disc is in good condition.

Ok so yeah found that bit of info, it sounds like you need both I think, going by the first and last sentence.

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007 Used Game 11.18
Class of Heroes Pre-order Game
(6/09/2009) 39.28

56 shipped - 25% 14 bucks off..

42 bucks shipped say pay 10 for yu gi oh would knock class of heros down to 32

man nice if i could find another good game

As always, getting problems with another site cause I am in Puerto Rico :( Hate when that happens *sighs* Hopefully they answer before the 25% discount special vanishes, not that they had the game I wanted to pre-order (Fight Night Round 4). Still...was about to buy UFC too :(

Woot, my first post!

The TIVs at spun are much higher than ebgames/amazon, however the reviews on the site are giving me pauses.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=&q7=&q6=Spun.com&searchtype=0

You only get 25% of the value for "scratched" trade-ins, and it it completely up to Spun's discretion whether your trade-ins are scratched or not.

To add salt to the wound, if one of your trade-in is deemed scratched, it will not be eligible for the "trade in 30 dollars and get free shipping" or "trade in 3 or more and get free return shipping" promos.

Yeah, the 25% off was great and I planned to trade in around $30 worth of items to get inFamous and Prototype for $56, but I don't feel too confident in the site given their policy.

[quote name='unclenebber']I don't understand what your guys' problem with their policy is exactly.
It's completely legitimate.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say there was a problem with their policy, I said that I'm not confident with sending them my items with the chance of their value getting reduced because the appraiser and I have different opinions on what objective terms like "Very Good" mean.

They do offer to return you items if they do get rejected though, but for $4.00 for shipping (which is often more than the value of the item I'm sending in).

Traded in a couple games and blu ray movie and got KZ2 and Dead space with 1.43 cred. left over

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm curious on the whole trade thing. I'm gonna give it a whirl with a bundle of 9-10 mint games and see if they give me any crap. If they do, I still come out ahead with a sweet discount (25% off) albeit the $4 shipping to return any items they rejected.

having trouble using 'may25' code. i JUST recently signed up at the site. it's been half hour to an hour now, and all i could get to work is 'may20'

Response I'm getting:
Spun Promotion Code:
Sorry, you are not eligible for the entered coupon code.

If anyone could shed some light, a big thanks. I guess 20% is just as good as 25% but more savings is always better.

EDIT:
Found out. Spin Club is at the homepage to register. Registering your email doesn't sign you up for the spinclub. or maybe i went a weird way about doing it.

Bought (everything is brand new/sealed):
:wii: Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel
:wii: Pikmin re-make
:360: Gears of War 2
:360: Ghostbusters (pre-order)

$190+ before disc ::: $148 after

Traded in 10 random games including:
:360: Fifa 09 - Paid $10 at Target, got $20
:360: Call of Duty 4 - Paid $24 at GS with coupon, getting back $24
:360: Scene-It LCA - must be a mistake trading this one, they said they were overstocked but I was still able to click the sell button and get $18 for it (i'm not sending the controllers seeing as they had another listing saying (bundle))

$148 owed before trade ::: - $3 after

The other trades were weak fodder I didn't mind getting rid of. Oh, and Dead Space ($16) which I should definitely be finished with within the '30-day return period'.

I came ahead $3 after the whole shibang. Literally took me hours to shop and get a great deal. I'm geeked if the whole trade goes through. Damn satisfied with my purchase.

I traded in a bunch of DVD's and some games I have been trying to get rid of, and came out with:

inFAMOUS (PS3)
Dexter: The Complete First Season blu-ray
The Wrestler blu-ray
Punisher: War Zone blu-ray
Collateral (2-disc) DVD

Total (after trade-ins): $1.23

All brand new except for Collateral. I ordered it used so Spun will send me the shipping supplies to send in my trade-ins.

Hey, is there any way to check and see which version of a game you ordered? I pre-ordered Guitar Hero: Smash Hits and Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'm almost positive I ordered the 360 versions, but my I'm a little paranoid I might have ordered the wrong versions.

Every time I go to check the status of my order, all it lists is the game's name, but not the system it's for. I don't care if I get the PS3 version of Batman, but I don't own instruments for my PS3 so I really need the 360 version of Smash Hits.

Anyone know how to verify which version of which game you ordered (without actually having to contact them to verify)?

I would love to unload my dvd collection ( switching completely to blu) but most have a couple small scratches and I worry that they will deem them......unworthy? and I will get screwed.

so I will pass this one I guess.

[quote name='Birakon']I would love to unload my dvd collection ( switching completely to blu) but most have a couple small scratches and I worry that they will deem them......unworthy? and I will get screwed.

so I will pass this one I guess.[/QUOTE]

In the e-mail I got after placing my order, it says:

Check the items you are sending to us for missing artwork,
skipping, major scratches or chipped discs. These items will not
be accepted and will be returned to you (upon request) at your cost.

So I'm guessing they won't reject anything with a light scratch or two, but if they do, I'm only out like $13 because most of the discs I sent in were in excellent condition.

[quote name='PopcornBandit']In the e-mail I got after placing my order, it says:

Check the items you are sending to us for missing artwork,
skipping, major scratches or chipped discs. These items will not
be accepted and will be returned to you (upon request) at your cost.

So I'm guessing they won't reject anything with a light scratch or two, but if they do, I'm only out like $13 because most of the discs I sent in were in excellent condition.[/QUOTE]

yeah it says that, but in the TOS it says the scratches are up to the inspectors personal judement, and if you go on ripoffreport there are several people who get screwed because of the "inspectors" interpretation of the word "major"

[quote name='Birakon']yeah it says that, but in the TOS it says the scratches are up to the inspectors personal judement, and if you go on ripoffreport there are several people who get screwed because of the "inspectors" interpretation of the word "major"[/QUOTE]

Wow. After reading that I cancelled my order. Thanks!

Decided to give it a chance, in for inFAMOUS and Prototype, even though prototype has a release date of June 30th on the site. >>

Their trade in values are pretty reasonable for the titles that I'm trading in, most of them higher than the average half.com prices. I'll be back to complain if something goes wrong. XD

Awesome, I got Red Faction: Guerrilla and Class of Heroes for $27 after trading in 3 games. They gave me $16.xx for Grand Theft Auto IV (ps3) and $21.xx for Quantum of Solace CE (ps3). I gave $7.xx & $10.xx for those two. :p

if 25% off total price include shipping NO TRADES

Avalon Code New Game 20.18
Class of Heroes Pre-order Game
(6/09/2009) 39.28

65.42 x 25 % ===1636 total 49.02

24.50 for each... tempting

or heroes + Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (2009)
39.28 + 29.18 around 56 / 2 28 bucks each...

I wonder they take sealed game? or should i tear off the plastic wrap b4 i send it to them ?

Just trade-in few games
Buy
Avalon Code New Game 20.18
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen New Game 20.18
Age of Empires: Mythologies New Game 19.48
Moon New Game 18.88
Lock's Quest New Game 19.48

Buy Total: $98.20
Selling to Spun You Get:
Grand Theft Auto IV Game Credit (16.30) (Both copy GTA4 for $16.XX after taxes at GR BBV BOGO while back)
Grand Theft Auto IV Game Credit (16.30)
Armored Core 4 Game Credit (18.10) (Got 2 copies for $10.XX at Sears clearance)
Armored Core 4 Game Credit (18.10)
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace -- Collector's Edition Game Credit (21.80) ( $10.XX at BB with $20 off coupon)

Still have over $12.XX credit left :) I think i go back to GR BBV and pick up GTA4 disc only for $7 :)

They take sealed games but treat them as used(though, of course, no problems with scratches this way either). They say the ONLY "new" games sold on the site come from the distributor, they will always open wrapped games from people selling them to check them out.

Nothing I have to trade, unfortunately. I have 2 games gamestop sent me mistakenly in an online order, then sent me the right games, and never did anything about the incorrect order(too bad I already owned both). My ps3 came with something that'll trade for like 3bucks...good since I'll never ever play it(college hoops 2k7). But I can't find any dvds they'll take that I don't want, and I don't trade in games =/

Want to take advantage of this deal because 45$ is cheap for any pre-orders, you won't be able to get some of those games for less for awhile, but buying regularly is going to impose shipping which is like 5 more bucks? and trading in the few small titles I have wouldn't get me any freebies, so I guess I would have to pay my own shipping for the trade-ins as well. Aghhhhhhh what to do.

21myn3r.jpg

Free shipping makes this deal of the month for me. It also let me to clear out some titles from my backlog or older games I was done with. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Phaethon360']

Free shipping makes this deal of the month for me. It also let me to clear out some titles from my backlog or older games I was done with. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a surprising amount for Jericho. o.o

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but will they accept a game with all the crappy inserts, just not the instruction manual?

And thanks OP, I've never heard of this site prior to this post, and I'm finally clearing out useless crap I don't need.

EDIT: Nevermind, I went back a couple pages and someone said you do... :(

Out of curiousity, I did a search for Spun.com on WhoIs and here's the results:

http://whois.domaintools.com/spun.com

Moreover, here's a page from another search called aboutus.org which details the site:

http://www.aboutus.org/Spun.com

Here's the SAME page of info from the site itself:

http://www.spun.com/help/aboutus.jsp

Furthermore, I did a check on Transworld Entertainment's main site and Spun.com is NOT listed as one of their stores, so the people who own Spun.com may have just made it LOOK like SecondSpin, FYE and so on to get people thinking it's owned by them.

In fact, the AboutUs.org page listed it as being started in 1998 by two brothers named Andrew and Steven Grundy and that's who the site is actually registered to.

So, buyer beware my fellow CAGs. I just figured I'd give you guys a heads up, since as they say 'if something seems too good to be true, it probably is'.

Thanks for the info!

While I didn't think they were any way affiliated, I did take a look at the secondspin website and the similarities are a little odd. I just placed an order, but luckily, I just received this..

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Thank you for your recent order #--------- with Spun.com.

I received your order but I'm having trouble confirming the Credit Card
information.

Please click the link below, or paste it into your browser. You will then
be prompted for the necessary information to continue processing your order.

Once again, thank you for your order and I apologize for any inconvenience
this may have caused.

-Andrea
[email protected][/FONT]

Now I question if I should bother.. >>

No problem. I just don't wanna see all of you who are trading stuff in get told that 'your stuff is scratched' and then suddenly all of these good deals are total shit.

my games are mint/near mint and i'm missing manuals for 2 games I'm trading. I can easily go to my local Gamestop where I'm real cool with the manager, and he'd give me one for the games I'm missing. What I am doing, since it did state the box art was not necessary, I'm only sending discs with manuals and keeping the box art (I'll eventually replace some of these games).

CheapestGamer, thanks for the lookup and I suggest anyone trading to find the best looking disc you can. You can even go to Gamestop and pick a new one up, then return the game with your slightly scratched copy (i know i know, somewhat immoral ... but its not like you're returning the game with a bootleg.)

Even if a couple of my trades are rejected, I still purchased $200+ worth of games (NEW/SEALED) for 25% the retail and wouldn't mind dropping a little cash. I'll drop an extra $4 to bring my games back and either keep em or trade em @ GS for the trade 3 get $10 deal. All in all, if they don't reject more than a couple of games of mine, I'm a REAL happy camper.

Thanks again to OP and thanks to the CheapestGamer for feeding us the necessary info to make a smooth trade.

[quote name='Taboner']For GBA games, do they need the cardboard boxes? For blu rays, can they be disk only?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the FAQ?

"Video games must include the booklet, although the original box is not required."

There is nothing about the Blu-Rays, but I don't think they would take them (wouldn't you be pissed if you received a disc-only copy while buying from the site?). If they do take it, I'm willing to bet you'd only get the same 25% of the trade value they give for scratched discs.

I ordered inFamous from here over the weekend and went to check my order status. It says inFamous is back ordered... Does anybody know if they've sold out or they haven't gotten the game in yet?

OMG!!!! LET ME KNOW if anyone else is on the same boat as me:

Today, I was just charged for the full amount of the order : $145.14
Oddly enough, there's another charge for $1.00 which usually is an authorization charge that gets refunded, right?

I'm reading through the Terms for a second time ( i read them before making the order ) and all I could find is what my primary belief was that you don't get charged till 30 days after the order date ( in the case that I don't send them my games ).

Has anyone else who's trading been charged the full amount? I made my order Sunday night, and today I got my confirmation e-mail and the charges to my account. This is a heads up to anyone that ordered expecting nothing to be charged. Now I'm overdrawn and have to dispute this "Unauthorized Charge" with the bank today before I get slammed with fees.

Yeah. I got authorized for the purchasing amount. I'm guessing they're doing it to make sure you actually have the funds to at least cover the purchase if something goes awry.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No problem. I just don't wanna see all of you who are trading stuff in get told that 'your stuff is scratched' and then suddenly all of these good deals are total shit.[/QUOTE]

yep seemed too good to be true.

I was supposed to get $33 in credit and they emailed me saying that they'll give me $8 and that my preorder for Infamous is now on backorder. My total went from about $12 to about $45 and I had absolutely NO scratches on my trades. Nice rip job! Spun indeed.

anyone else feel like burying them?

Help Department

Why do I need a credit card?
For any order in which the purchases aren't covered by EXISTING Spun credit, valid credit card information is required for authorization purposes. This type of authorization is done as a security precaution in case the items being sold to us don't arrive...or are in unacceptable condition. Only then should your credit card actually be charged anything. Otherwise, you can be assured that the authorization will be reversed upon completion of the order.

[quote name='Shady3011']Yeah. I got authorized for the purchasing amount. I'm guessing they're doing it to make sure you actually have the funds to at least cover the purchase if something goes awry.[/QUOTE]

you got authorized for the full amount?? and did they charge it back? instantaneously? or it take time? I currently still have a $1 charge and a charge for the whole $140+. 15 minutes away from heading to my bank and cencelling my debit card.

[quote name='unclenebber']Help Department

Why do I need a credit card?
For any order in which the purchases aren't covered by EXISTING Spun credit, valid credit card information is required for authorization purposes. This type of authorization is done as a security precaution in case the items being sold to us don't arrive...or are in unacceptable condition. Only then should your credit card actually be charged anything. Otherwise, you can be assured that the authorization will be reversed upon completion of the order.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm showing my bank, highlighted above. There was my $1 authorization charge already placed. That's all they needed to do until the trade is COMPLETE, right? That's how I understood this and everything else I read about selling+buying orders.

bread's done
Back