Spyro The Dragon (PSN) Free w/ Qore Episode ($2.99)

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
The latest Qore (2.99) issue on PSN (i think it's issue 13, June 2009) will get you Spyro the Dragon for PS1 for free.

It's basically like getting the game for 50% off since it normally sells for 5.99.

Post info since it has yet to be known if this is like the syphon filter deal that was similar where it was e-mailed or if you can download it immediately. Expect it to be e-mail.

UPDATE:
No need to wait for e-mail... immediate download from the qore episode itself. Thx dstgfx for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, downloading now. I've been considering getting a Qore subscription. I'll check out this episode and see if it's any good. Thanks for the info!

I love Spyro The Dragon. I'm gonna wait until more info is posted because of the whole Syphon Filter fiasco.

Thanks OP!

Sweet. I snapped up the issue when they gave away Syphon Filter with a purchase of an episode. If they keep this up, why bother getting a subscription?

Qore Subscription (Includes High Velocity Bowling, Spyro the Dragon & any other freebies!)

An up front paypal payment will be required.

Slots Available: [3/5] ($27.07/$13.53/$9.02/$6.76/$5.41)

1. ohboy10451
2. YodaEXE
3. jtdragon
4. rdogg1026
5. Arcturiang

Final Price: $5.50 w/ 5 members

PM me for more info

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished downloading Qore. It's in the episode itself, no code needed. You just need to go to the download center and it's there.I don't know if this applies to non-subscribers though, fair warning.

can someone tell me where Qore is on psn? On the psp psn. I searched videos and looked around in games and all i can find is pulse.

Awesome, thx Urai. OP updated.

also, it should be fine for non annuals since the episode text states that anyone who purchases gets spyro.

[quote name='Paullywog']can someone tell me where Qore is on psn? On the psp psn. I searched videos and looked around in games and all i can find is pulse.[/QUOTE]

It's only on the PS3 store since it only works on the PS3.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Awesome, thx Urai. OP updated.

also, it should be fine for non annuals since the episode text states that anyone who purchases gets spyro.[/QUOTE]

I figured, but I was just stating it just in case, since I'm a subscriber and wouldn't want anyone getting pissed off if they couldn't get it. :lol:

Oh man. I'd be all over this if I didn't have Spyro already. Its great playing it on my PSP

Yea I have the same question as earlier noted. Is there a way for me to get this on my psp. I would like to get spyro myself and get more psp usage. It was a classic for me.

I got a Qore subscription a few months back, might seem steep at $24.99, the content of the "mag" itself is kinda iffy, but the freebies have been great so far and totally worth it. High Velocity Bowling (9.99), Linger In Shadows (2.99), Spyro (5.99) plus the Home items and exclusive themes have been worth it and Im only 3 issues in. I def recommend it. I've seen posts that WipeoutHD and Pain are gonna be freebies by the end of the year, fingers crossed!

If anyone else wants to start a group purchase of a Qore subscription, I want to be in on that as well.

Great deal! Spyro was one of the first games I ever bought as a kid, and I loved it. One of those few game purchases with no remorse!

No you dont have to be a subscriber to Qore for the spyro game and yes as with all ps1 games can be copied to psp memory stick once the game is downloaded from the qore download center and is on your xmb just hook up your psp and click triangle and copy.

thats that. i bought this issue just for spyro

I am assuming all you need to do is PayPal one person the money, and then set up a PSN account with a new email and password shared only among the members, and we can all access the Qore subscription and its goodies. What I do not know is how things like betas work, and should probably be looked into before we get too far ahead of ourselves. As much as I want Spyro, I wouldn't want to screw anybody over in my group. ;)

Are there any other episodes with games in them, like the syphon filter ones? Have a little bit left over on my PSN account, might as well get some cheap stuff. Thanks :)

Damn; seems like a good reason to sign up. So if I sign up now, is it possible to get in on the past offers (Syphon Filter in particular).

I tried gamesharing a PS One Classic before. It worked fine on the PS3 but I couldn't get it to play on the PSP. Do you add profiles to your PSP just like on the PS3 to make it work?

[quote name='Karuto']If anyone else wants to start a group purchase of a Qore subscription, I want to be in on that as well.

Great deal! Spyro was one of the first games I ever bought as a kid, and I loved it. One of those few game purchases with no remorse![/QUOTE]

This I want to sign up as well. Shoot me a pm if you start one.

[quote name='Decker']I tried gamesharing a PS One Classic before. It worked fine on the PS3 but I couldn't get it to play on the PSP. Do you add profiles to your PSP just like on the PS3 to make it work?[/QUOTE]

You have to register the account, only 1 unfortunately, 1 at a time, not sure if it messes with the "5 only" thing though, for going back and forth. Maybe there's a way to do multiple accounts that I don't know of, hmm

[quote name='EddieRoadDogg']Yea I have the same question as earlier noted. Is there a way for me to get this on my psp. I would like to get spyro myself and get more psp usage. It was a classic for me.[/QUOTE]

You've got to have both systems since Qore is Playstation 3 only and you have to get it to get the free download.

[quote name='jd302426']Cant you get the issue free with the code from the magazine?[/QUOTE]

No. For one, they don't do that anymore. For another, the free issues never included the extras.

Well, I just bought it. I figure I never played through Spyro, and for $3 I'll give it a try (particularly since I can play it on my Playstation Portable!)

BUT...I wish I didn't have to download Qore first. That thing is such a waste of time and space. Belmont's crazy hot, but other than that... I Mean okay, occasionally they have a decent interview (the stuff on Heavy Rain was cool), and the video quality is the best I've seen for downloaded video, but you can't even fast forward it or have it remember where you left off, or have it show you what you've already watched? So lame.

So it's just pretty funny that I'm buying this entirely for the "bonus" and going to immediately toss the stupid Qore episode.

[quote name='Karuto']I am assuming all you need to do is PayPal one person the money, and then set up a PSN account with a new email and password shared only among the members, and we can all access the Qore subscription and its goodies. What I do not know is how things like betas work, and should probably be looked into before we get too far ahead of ourselves. As much as I want Spyro, I wouldn't want to screw anybody over in my group. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm in if there is room. PM me.

Practically every month, last month for suscribers they gave out uncharted 2 beta codes (Or maybe the week before). Im definatley considering signing up, just the stuff you get pays for itself, not to mention the beta's and early demo's

I just looked back through and it doesn't look even close to monthly. Before Spyro, the last one was last fall, with Syphon Filter 1.

It's a shame it can't be better...imagine if the Giant Bomb guys did it or something!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The latest Qore (2.99) issue on PSN (i think it's issue 13, June 2009) will get you Spyro the Dragon for PS1 for free.

It's basically like getting the game for 50% off since it normally sells for 5.99.

Post info since it has yet to be known if this is like the syphon filter deal that was similar where it was e-mailed or if you can download it immediately. Expect it to be e-mail.

UPDATE: No need to wait for e-mail... immediate download from the qore episode itself. Thx dstgfx for the info.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yes good deal. I just love those cheapies. makes them as good economical gift.

Well, if that's how it works, then here is the current list:

1) Karuto
2) raarar
3) EnjoysDeals
4) gleditts
5)

Need 1 more, and the price will be $5.50 from everyone.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I just looked back through and it doesn't look even close to monthly. Before Spyro, the last one was last fall, with Syphon Filter 1.[/QUOTE]

Syphon Filter just happened this year (around March, I believe), but yeah, it's still not often enough to get me to subscribe.

I didn't even think twice about the subscription. I didn't know about the High Velocity Bowling. Spyro alone this month, and the betas that I would have wanted to be in on in the past were enough to make me say yes.

Oh, and the Crazy Hot Belmont! Not downloadable at this time . . .

I loved the original Spyro to death back in the day. If I had a PSP I'd definitely get it, but I can't see playing it on an HDTV,honestly. Maybe I'm weird, but unless it's NES (where it never felt like it looked "good") 8-bit graphics or high def, I can't seem to stomach the detail differences.

[quote name='Karuto']Well, if that's how it works, then here is the current list:

1) Karuto
2) raarar
3) EnjoysDeals
4) gleditts
5)

Need 1 more, and the price will be $5.50 from everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm down if the spot's still opened.

Could you guys in the Qore share group let the rest of us know if the bonus content given can be shared among you? Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated since my group was contemplating the purchase :)

I started this a couple of weeks ago and quit playing pretty quickly. It's sort of okay for the first few levels, but just gets boring fast. I remember thinking the same thing at the time. Not worth $3 IMO

bread's done
Back