Square Enix Online Store Sale - Half Off Til 12/2 - DIgital River Shipped

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I got blank page after the order was confirmed. but then they sent me an order confirmation email later. I also got a nice account suspicious activity treat.

I got blank page after the order was confirmed. but then they sent me an order confirmation email later. I also got a nice account suspicious activity treat.
I think the blank page is just their web designer's being morons. If you highlight the page, there's text that says basically says your order went through and you'll be notified of the result shortly.

Wasn't able to check out at all, so I moved on. Guess I didn't really need another game in the backlog anyway... lol

I got a funny joke...it's called me buying games from the square-enix shop during this sale last year...only way I got my games was to get them to force cancel games 6-7 months later. All I have to say is heck no!!!!!

Last half off, I was able to get ff13-2 for 360 before it sold out for 15. Package arrived pretty quickly but it was the ps3 version, sent an email to digital river and they refunded me and told me to just keep the game.

It's worth another try I guess...

amazon's is not the LE if people care about it. the version in the SE online store is supposed to be the LE, although digital river may try to pull a fast one.

Yikes. I remember last year. It was just ridiculous how long people had to wait for their games. I got mine pretty fast, but noooope. Digital River can go die in a fire.

i've never had this 6 month nightmare wait when I ordered from them. But I ordered alot of stuff this time so i'll see how it turns out.

I just tried to place a second order since my first one got canceled and I got "authorization failed." I think I'll take it as a sign from god.

This store stinks.  Not only was my order backordered for months, but Digital River finally cancelled all the items and never even informed me.  I also periodically checked the store during the time I was waiting, and all the items I never received were shown as still "in stock".

oh fuck. reading people's experiences with this p.o.s. site. I guess I won't be getting my order in until Drakengard 3 comes out. :S i hope i still get the LE KH game! Never again will i order from their site. worst site ever.

looks like i have to call DR. i can't access my order info. plus they already charged me for the order. on their site it says they don't charge for physical items till it ships. no shipping confirmation yet. man i regret buying from them. orz

looks like i have to call DR. i can't access my order info. plus they already charged me for the order. on their site it says they don't charge for physical items till it ships. no shipping confirmation yet. man i regret buying from them. orz
My order was lost. USPS delivered it to the wrong address I think. USPS.com tracking shows it was not delivered. Digital River says their "records" show it was delivered. Whatever that means. They asked me to check with neighbors to make sure they didn't receive it instead. Sounds very unprofessional of a request.

They said if that doesn't work they will assist me further. If they dance around a refund, I'm going straight to my bank to get my money back.

I've always gotten all my stuff over the years. Sometimes, there was a bit of a wait, but I don't need videogames like food.

I've always gotten all my stuff over the years. Sometimes, there was a bit of a wait, but I don't need videogames like food.
i don't mind waiting. but i need access to my order page info to check on updates for it. if i don't have that access, can you blame me for being worried I might get screwed over? especially since it seems a lot of people have issues with them.

also charging me for something that has not shipped and probably won't ship for a long while is total bullshit especially when their site says they don't charge until things are shipped.

So I saw this pop back up on the front page and said to myself "oh yeah, you placed an order!".  Then I went to my email account and there is no email for an order.  Went to PayPal and my CC to see which one I place the order on and nothing.

This is a good thing right?

been burned both times i've tried to order with DR fulfilling it.  Never again.

Edit:  I forgot the MHU3 was also fulfilled by DR... so I guess that's 3/3 they screwed up my order.

So I saw this pop back up on the front page and said to myself "oh yeah, you placed an order!". Then I went to my email account and there is no email for an order. Went to PayPal and my CC to see which one I place the order on and nothing.

This is a good thing right?
Haha if your order becomes in so much limbo like mine, it will have cancelled games, bad charges, cancelled charges, ultra late shipping, no refunds, not even sure if charged...may have not been....i don't even know all I know is my 2nd order was just a mess....never again!

Wanna know what sucks? SE decides now to announce, "Oh, we're gonna do a CE for Lightning Returns for $30 more, which is a nice collectible case with the game, an artbook, DLC, and a real live pocket watch. But we're going to sell it only on the site. So if you bitches want it, gonna have to deal with Digital River". But SE can go do something...I'll wait for the game to hit $20-30 before I consider buying it.

Wanna know what sucks? SE decides now to announce, "Oh, we're gonna do a CE for Lightning Returns for $30 more, which is a nice collectible case with the game, an artbook, DLC, and a real live pocket watch. But we're going to sell it only on the site. So if you bitches want it, gonna have to deal with Digital River". But SE can go do something...I'll wait for the game to hit $20-30 before I consider buying it.
Only thing I really care about in that collector's edition is the Aerith DLC... I really hope I can get it outside of the collector's edition.

Preordered this 30 minutes ago, no order confirmation email from SE... Did the order process correctly? Who the hell knows. I hate Digital River.

Only thing I really care about in that collector's edition is the Aerith DLC... I really hope I can get it outside of the collector's edition.
I'm sure it will be on ebay for $30. : \

I want the CE too, but not from their store that charges $7 for slow shipping.

Ok sales been over for 8 days... move along please nothing to see here.
Nothing to see here when it was live. Shipping was $12 for a $15 game, wtf is that. And adding $85 of filler isn't an option. Top it off that DR shipping isn't worth the price of free, let alone $12.

They do a preauthorization that results in a hold for several days to a week depending on your credit card company.  

i just called to get my stuff fixed. apparently the pre-authorization charge is only when you use CC. if you use paypal, they don't do this pre-authorization charge. they just charge you. :/

What have your shipping times been like when buying from the Square Enix Store?

I bought a game with Priority mail shipping last week and got a shipping notification on Monday. But the shipping status still reads as "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" three days later. I'm worried they didn't really send it and won't do so until next week, which is a really lame way to handle holiday sales.

bread's done
Back