Square Enix President says Wii 2 in 2011

[quote name='Ryukahn']They are tied to your Club Nintendo account. What makes you think they can't turn your Club Nintendo account into a log in ID like PSN or Xbox Live, and it will show your purchased game history, thus letting you download games you've already purchased?[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking, who knows, maybe they will - if so, that would actually be great. I actually lost 14+ VC titles when I get rid of my first Wii, and when I activated the second one, it was like nothing ever existed. It's quite BS, honestly. Transferring an account should keep everything intact to the profile, not to the Wii.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Why does Resident Evil 4 on the GC STILL look better then everything put out on the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Uhh... have you actually played any first party Wii games?

I should re-phrase that, then. I wasn't aware they put out official ones, however, they still do not display correctly and it stretches the picture beyond-belief with an HDTV. Basically to the point where you have to play on an SDTV just to get the screen to look right.

Uhh... have you actually played any Wii games at all? Also, have you ever checked out the settings? You'll find a clever option there called "Widescreen". The progressive scan option is rather nice too.

You can go back to your 360/PS3 now.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Wishful thinking, who knows, maybe they will - if so, that would actually be great. I actually lost 14+ VC titles when I get rid of my first Wii, and when I activated the second one, it was like nothing ever existed. It's quite BS, honestly. Transferring an account should keep everything intact to the profile, not to the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I've had to replace my Wii altogether and they let me transfer all of my VC/WW content over to the new Wii. They'll let you do it but you need the serial number of the original Wii. It also helps if you have a Club Nintendo account since they can track it.

That's why I firmly believe they'll let you transfer your license over to the successor console.

[quote name='crunchewy']Uhh... have you actually played any first party Wii games?

Uhh... have you actually played any Wii games at all? Also, have you ever checked out the settings? You'll find a clever option there called "Widescreen". The progressive scan option is rather nice too.

You can go back to your 360/PS3 now.[/QUOTE]

Uhh... did you read anything I posted? Yes, I quite obviously played first party games. SMG is the best looking one, and that is barely above RE4.

Uhh... I already have it set to that clever option known as "Widescreen". It STILL stretches the screen to an uncomfortable length and distorts it.

Uhh... yes, obviously I will go back to my PS3 and 360, since I obviously must be a troll that has supported Nintendo for years, and still does, despite all the shortcomings of the Wii! Brilliant deduction, Sherlock!

Also, uhh... I think uhh.. I'll post uhh.. a few more uhh... times... to uhh... match your uhh... post. Uhh.

[quote name='M-PG71C']I've had to replace my Wii altogether and they let me transfer all of my VC/WW content over to the new Wii. They'll let you do it but you need the serial number of the original Wii. It also helps if you have a Club Nintendo account since they can track it.

That's why I firmly believe they'll let you transfer your license over to the successor console.[/QUOTE]

Should I try giving them a call then? It'd be nice if I didn't have to give up all the stuff I bought just because I got a new console (deactivated the old one, and gave it to another family member, and got myself another one). I've heard them deny people left and right for asking, but I guess it can't hurt to try.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Uhh... I already have it set to that clever option known as "Widescreen". It STILL stretches the screen to an uncomfortable length and distorts it.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. Part of the problem might be that not all Wii games are 16:9. Maybe that's your problem?

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']
Uhh... I already have it set to that clever option known as "Widescreen". It STILL stretches the screen to an uncomfortable length and distorts it.
[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt you have an issue, but I've never seen this happen before, across several systems on different setups with various cables on different resolutions, etc etc.

There's something wrong but I don't know what it is. It almost sounds like you've got it set to widescreen, but the TV itself isn't reading it at 480p.

He's talking about non widescreen content being stretched.

So VC, and games that aren't 16:9 will stretch and you have to hit the "aspect" button on the TV remote to get it the correct ratio.

I'm used to that though and it's an understandable issue.

[quote name='docvinh']I don't think that a game like Grand Theft Auto 4 could be done on the Wii due to hardware limitations, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

But a game like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas could be done.

San Andreas seemed pretty popular.

[quote name='dallow']He's talking about non widescreen content being stretched.

So VC, and games that aren't 16:9 will stretch and you have to hit the "aspect" button on the TV remote to get it the correct ratio.

I'm used to that though and it's an understandable issue.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I just went and tried SMB3. Clearly a before-widescreen-HD game.

It looked fine. Yes, I changed the aspect back to "normal" and it looked a little more tightened/centered/boxy/whatever you want to call it. But this stuff about being unplayable is hyperbole. Saying it's distorted just sounds silly. Maybe I'm more used to it, maybe I'm not getting it, maybe someone's setup isn't correctly running, but there is no way - under proper conditions - that this is dealbreaking stuff.

I understand there's a lot of hatred of everything Nintendo does these days, but sometimes it's just ridiculous, and this is one of those times. It's like saying your whole day got ruined because it's not your birthday.

32". I'm avoiding the obvious joke.

For it to be automatically resized, you have two choices: black bars, or resampling. I imagine everyone knows what those things are. I'm no graphic programmer, but I'd like to think resampling to higher resolutions and whatnot is too difficult to be done easily, from either hardware and/or software standpoints. It's the same reason you can't blow up an image on your computer without it becoming grainy and pixelated. There are some workarounds, but they usually involve filters that smooth things out and give a very artificial look. This is what happened with that Sega Genesis compilation on the PS3 (and I assume 360, but I'm not sure).

I don't know why everyone maintains it's just some sort of one-two punch solution.

There's no way it can automatically resize since it's non-HD, there's too many variables with TV setups so you have to manually switch it.
There's no need for "resampling" or extra programing, it's just pixel size.[quote name='Strell']Ok, I just went and tried SMB3. Clearly a before-widescreen-HD game.

It looked fine. Yes, I changed the aspect back to "normal" and it looked a little more tightened/centered/boxy/whatever you want to call it. But this stuff about being unplayable is hyperbole. Saying it's distorted just sounds silly. Maybe I'm more used to it, maybe I'm not getting it, maybe someone's setup isn't correctly running, but there is no way - under proper conditions - that this is dealbreaking stuff.

I understand there's a lot of hatred of everything Nintendo does these days, but sometimes it's just ridiculous, and this is one of those times. It's like saying your whole day got ruined because it's not your birthday.[/QUOTE]It's stretched to be wider than the sprites are supposed to be.
I really hate it personally, just like I hate stretching 4:3 TV channels into widescreen but a lot of people do it anyway to 'use the whole screen' or just plain hate black bars for some reason.

That's why there's a widescreen option in the Wii menu. The Wii will always ouput 4:3, but setting it to widescreen in the menu allows you to hit the 'aspect' on the TV remote to fill out the screen properly. Otherwise you just get a square box stretched out, much like the VC games.

To me, they're obviously stretched out and it looks and plays ugly to me, jumps even feel a little off (Metroid especially). But putting in back into 4:3, the way the game was designed to be, makes it look as good as it can be on an HDTV.

I never said unplayable, it's just off to me and other people who like keeping things at the correct aspect ratio. The legend guy who keeps yapping just needs to do that with his TV. He also needs to stop posting.

There are a number of Wii games that are 4:3. I can tell right away if the aspect is off and just switch it to 4:3 when I play those.
No biggie.

[quote name='Strell']Ok, I just went and tried SMB3. Clearly a before-widescreen-HD game.

I understand there's a lot of hatred of everything Nintendo does these days, but sometimes it's just ridiculous, and this is one of those times. It's like saying your whole day got ruined because it's not your birthday.[/QUOTE]

Never said it was deal-breaking, ever. I deal with it, however it is annoying. My TV also does it with retail games, so who knows, maybe it's just a problem with my TV. I have a 32" Sharp HDTV, so maybe it's just a simple issue, but for me the screen stretches the fill in "over" the screen limit, even if I have it set to wide. It's odd, very odd.

Never said it was unplayable, either. That would explain me dealing with it in order to play the games I love on the Wii; it's just a small issue I wish would get fixed (does it more-so with VC titles, but has done it with a few retails as well, namely A Boy and His Blob and Dead Space Extraction).

[quote name='dallow']I never said unplayable, it's just off to me and other people who like keeping things at the correct aspect ratio. The legend guy who keeps yapping just needs to do that with his TV. He also needs to stop posting.[/quote]

Why do I need to stop posting? Sorry for trying to be intellectual about my problems with the system, when someone else brought it up. We have fanboys here that defend everything wrong with the Wii; I apologize for not being a fanboy of any system this generation, trying to enjoy them all equally. I guess if I want to express my opinion, from now on I'll have to post "I LOVE NINTENDO!" before I say anything else, otherwise I'm obviously a troll.

Cycling through your "wide" options does nothing?
That's your TV then. Who knows, I've never had a problem switching aspect ratios on various TVs I've used.

Well, that'd work, but a lot of people would complain about black bars.

In fact, that'd be the opposite situation.

Aspect ratio folks would be happy.
And black bar haters would have to hit aspect to fill it up.

Easier to please the people who don't care than to get a lot people complaining and asking why their games aren't filling up their widescreen tv.

[quote name='legend'] Why do I need to stop posting? Sorry for trying to be intellectual about my problems with the system, when someone else brought it up. We have fanboys here that defend everything wrong with the Wii; I apologize for not being a fanboy of any system this generation, trying to enjoy them all equally. I guess if I want to express my opinion, from now on I'll have to post "I LOVE NINTENDO!" before I say anything else, otherwise I'm obviously a troll.
[/QUOTE]You're just kind of loud and abraisive.

[quote name='dallow']Well, that'd work, but a lot of people would complain about black bars.

In fact, that'd be the opposite situation.

Aspect ratio folks would be happy.
And black bar haters would have to hit aspect to fill it up.

Easier to please the people who don't care than to get a lot people complaining and asking why their games aren't filling up their widescreen tv.

You're just kind of loud and abraisive.[/QUOTE]

When I get called a troll about 4 - 7 times in a thread when I simply replied to a question someone asked, yeah, I think that would make anyone a little more loud and abrasive. I can't even answer a question someone asks without being called one, and being told to "go back to my PS3/360", because I said there's an issue or two with the Wii.

Really, it's quite ridiculous. I apologize if I'm coming off mean, loud, and abrasive, but it's truly quite annoying to express my concerns about something, and then being called all sorts of various things because I don't agree with someone elses view on it.

I will also try out the Wii on my friends new HDTV, and also my brothers. I'll see if the problem persists over there, if it does, then it's obviously my TV that has the problem for some reason (switching the view mode also does not work, since I'm not sure if I said that or not yet).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Your NES and SNES were made in a time when DVD's didn't exist. They are common-place in everything now, give me one single reason the Wii shouldn't have the option.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad everyone's all happy again. Just to make a comment on this though:

Isn't there some kind of licensing/royalty fees that Nintendo has to pay in order to enable their hardware to play DVDs? This is probably why they didn't do it. Basically everybody who is ever going to buy a DVD player already owns one, and therefore the extra expense of having DVD playback licensing built into the Wii is of little value when it is something that likely will never get used by the vast, vast majority of Wii owners. The only real situation where a Wii with DVD playback would be useful would be like a household with no other consoles and no DVD player. Then it would be a little useful but unlike the times of the PS2 and original xbox, DVD players are pretty ubiquitous in households nowadays thus the utility of having dvd playback on a game console is reduced.

As far as the lack of memory goes- sure more is always better but when the Wii was released flash memory chips were much more expensive than they are now. And like someone said, VC titles are quite small where you could probably download every VC title ever released and fit it onto a not unreasonable amount of SD cards. Game saves don't take that much storage either, and as the Wii was never put forth as the hub of one's digital entertainment style, it was never intended to hold music or movies. So sure you could slap 32GB into a Wii, but what on earth would you fill it up with?

Ruahrc

Yup, they'd have to pay the DVD consortium a fee.

It'd be a terrible DVD player since even the cheapest standalone players out upscale and I'm sure would do a better job.

I'm sure some people could use it, but it's not worth the cost to Nintendo.
If you really need it to play DVDs, a simple hack allows for it.

[quote name='xycury']I don't know if I want to outright laugh at that or ask more questions.

Which part of the hardware has been limiting the Wii?[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. The Wii has the exact same hardware as the Gamecube. The only difference is more RAM, a different DVD drive and a Bluetooth module. The Wii can't even do true widescreen. According to bushing (I think it was him who said it), the Wii uses some BS way to 'emulate' widescreen mode.The Gamecube may have been powerful in 2002, but it's not now. If they want to compete with the 360 and PS3, they have to beef up the hardware (especially the graphics). Yeah, the Wii is selling a bunch of consoles, but about a month after the purchase, anybody who bought one realized that they're boring as hell, especially after you've play Wii Sports for about 600 hours. And then, to make it worse, Nintendo kills you on first party accessories. What is it now, $90 for the full controller combo? If I'm going to pay that much for me and some friends to play games, they better be fun and they better look good.

And if you seriously don't think that the Wii has storage problems, you've been living under a rock. Tons of people are complaining that they're running out of room for their VC games. The Wii community has been hoping for a Wii hard drive since it came out.

Nintendo has to remember that all their flashy gimmicks only last so long, and they better bring something better next time, or they're going to get eaten.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Yeah, the Wii is selling a bunch of consoles, but about a month after the purchase, anybody who bought one realized that they're boring as hell, especially after you've play Wii Sports for about 600 hours. [/quote]

Why do people constantly hide behind this, as if it were logically true that the system only has Wii Sports?

The 360 only has Halo.

The PS3 only has....UnchartedZone.

Those two statements aren't true. Neither is yours.

And then, to make it worse, Nintendo kills you on first party accessories. What is it now, $90 for the full controller combo?

Because the denizens of Cheapassgamer.com pay that much? Or is this one of those things where we get to pick and choose when it is applicable? Which means if casuals do it, it's because they are dumb and stupid and only like Wii Bowling, and have no problem buying lots of Wiimotes? But if someone here bought a controller at full price, that makes them dumber than buying, say, Dragon Age at full price?

If I'm going to pay that much for me and some friends to play games, they better be fun and they better look good.

That's interesting. Do I get to say it costs fiddy bones a year to do that with my 360? Do I get to say that games are more expensive on the whole? Do I get to say that certain games lock you out of various potential gaming sessions if you don't have the proper DLC?

See how these arguments lead to nowhere because they are all fantasy-based bullshit that only serve to look correct to other like-minded people?

Nintendo has to remember that all their flashy gimmicks only last so long, and they better bring something better next time, or they're going to get eaten.

Everyone has been saying this for....13 years now. "Nintendo is totally going to die next time." When and if they do, I'll concede.

Double post.

Access Denied, you had to know that was a crazy post.

edit: the 'emulated' thing is wrong as well
It does widescreen the same way 480p devices have been doing widescreen for more than a decade. It's an anamorphic device.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going on in all these Wii threads lately. The one about French people or whatever has the same level of lunacy running around in it. It's like these posts begin with a semblance of thought and order, and then it just devolves into some hyperbolic bullshit giant alien monkeys would be afraid to fling.

[quote name='Strell']Why do people constantly hide behind this, as if it were logically true that the system only has Wii Sports?

The 360 only has Halo.

The PS3 only has....UnchartedZone.

Those two statements aren't true. Neither is yours.[/QUOTE]
No, that's not the only good game, I was exaggerating. I was trying to say that the Wii doesn't have nearly as many good games as it could have. Basically first party titles and a few third party titles.

[quote name='Strell']Because the denizens of Cheapassgamer.com pay that much? Or is this one of those things where we get to pick and choose when it is applicable? Which means if casuals do it, it's because they are dumb and stupid and only like Wii Bowling, and have no problem buying lots of Wiimotes? But if someone here bought a controller at full price, that makes them dumber than buying, say, Dragon Age at full price?[/QUOTE]

But most people DO buy the hardware at full price. As much as it hurts, CAG is not a majority. But let's say we're talking about us CAGs. It's still about $50 or $60. A 360 controller can be picked up for $20 and a PS3 SIXAXIS for $30.

[quote name='Strell']That's interesting. Do I get to say it costs fiddy bones a year to do that with my 360? Do I get to say that games are more expensive on the whole? Do I get to say that certain games lock you out of various potential gaming sessions if you don't have the proper DLC?[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you about the price of Live. I refuse to pay for Live. And yes, certain games are more fun with DLC. Or they could be plain boring with DLC. But there's still a ton of more fun games. The Wii is very limited on good games, whether you want to admit it or not. I was in Gamestop the other day, and I could count the number of good games for the Wii on my hands. (The number of stupid games, like the aquarium game and the lumberjack game, would take 50 hands.) [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strell']Everyone has been saying this for....13 years now. "Nintendo is totally going to die next time." When and if they do, I'll concede.[/QUOTE]

I've never said that. Nintendo has always made good consoles. And in the beginning, I was all for the Wii. I had nothing but a Wii. But it hit me before I knew it. While the revolutionary control style was cool, it was nothing without a good library of games. And while it isn't necessary, it would be a lot easier to build a good library with better hardware.

The Wii doesn't completely suck. I have one, and it's OK to play, but no where near my 360 or PS3. I mostly use my Wii for homebrew. Even my little sisters don't play the Wii much. And most of my friend who have a Wii only use it for parties and games like Mario Kart and Mario Party. They mostly play their 360s.

The Wii is a decent system, but unless they make some major changes to the second generation of Wii, especially in the hardware, they won't keep up. (They won't fail, but they definitely won't be outselling Sony and MS 3 to 1 like they are now.)

[quote name='dallow']Double post.

Access Denied, you had to know that was a crazy post.

edit: the 'emulated' thing is wrong as well
It does widescreen the same way 480p devices have been doing widescreen for more than a decade. It's an anamorphic device.[/QUOTE]

Check the changelog for the latest Homebrew Channel for the Wii. Team Tweezers says that there isn't true widescreen support for the Wii. These guys know the Wii from top to bottom, inside and out.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

That is only regarding HBC.
And I always blamed HBC looking shitty on my Wii stretched or unstretched on the fact that it's an amatuer program with a quick thrown together backdrop.

The Wii displays a real anamorphic widescreen picture.
As evidenced by... well, all other widescreen content on the system.

[quote name='dallow']And I always blamed HBC looking shitty on my Wii stretched or unstretched on the fact that it's an amatuer program with a quick thrown together backdrop.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't seen the homebrew channel since beta 2.

And the Wii just stretches the 4:3 picture into 16:9, that's not true widescreen and it's not anamorphic widescreen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_widescreen

Widscreen would imply that there's more content viewable on a 16:9 TV than on a 4:3 TV, but this isn't true. I've developed homebrew for the Wii, and I know for a fact that you get the same amount of space to work with on widescreen as you do on fullscreen.

[quote name='Access_Denied']But most people DO buy the hardware at full price. As much as it hurts, CAG is not a majority. But let's say we're talking about us CAGs. It's still about $50 or $60. A 360 controller can be picked up for $20 and a PS3 SIXAXIS for $30.[/quote]

Then what in the hell does this even matter around here? If all you're going to do is shit all over the people buying stuff at full price, why bring it up in the one single place where that isn't happening?

And then you turn around and start quoting magical CAG prices on 360/PS3 controllers? I'm looking for 360 controllers, and the best prices I see in stores are MAYBE $30, and that's being generous. Even online retailers hardly get to that price point. Show me some links for a $20 360 controller. I could use one that cheap.

You're just twisting a poor argument around at this point. People on here have sold Wiimote+Chuk combos for $30, and if you traded in Fairytale Fights from Best Buy into Gamestop this week, you could get WM+ for free.

Argument is weak, man. Even by weakness standards.

The Wii is very limited on good games, whether you want to admit it or not. I was in Gamestop the other day, and I could count the number of good games for the Wii on my hands. (The number of stupid games, like the aquarium game and the lumberjack game, would take 50 hands.)

This just keeps getting better.

I'm not comparing titles, nor number of quality titles, nor anything. Primarily because at the end of the day, how in the fuck can you win that argument? You know what I want to play? A Boy and his Blob. And Modern Warfare 2. Know why? Because they are quality games. It ends there for me, because examining it further is an exercise in madness. One that gamers are so piss poor at recognizing, because they continue to do it like it's golden word.

And if you want to pull this kind of personal anecdote kind of crap, what's to stop someone from being uninterested in the majority of HD titles? I personally don't like them. There's plenty of shitty games with great graphics. Are you going to start calling my opinion nuts because I don't want to play another rehashed Western shooter, boring RPG, or me-too sandbox game?

Quit changing your argument into this nonsensical "gwarsh I really like X and the Wii doesn't have it." That's great, but it's not a worthwhile thing to say at all.

Piling on the whole "there is shovelware" thing just ices the cake. We've been down this road a billion damn times. And again, it's funny you'd bring this up in a space where we, as generally enlightened gamers, are smart enough to avoid the bullshit. No one around here wants My First Aquariumz - we'd rather play the better stuff. Telling us "bullshit exists" and then acting like we're in favor of it is stupid.

it would be a lot easier to build a good library with better hardware.

Why is it that people, upon saying this, are practically saying "All the good games on all previous, less-powerful systems no longer apply," but never realize it?

You don't need more power to make a good game. You need a good game. I have a great deal of fun on legacy systems, portables, paper, and with cards.

It's like saying a painting is better because it uses more colors, and was painted with a bigger brush than the other guy's.

The Wii doesn't completely suck. I have one, and it's OK to play, but no where near my 360 or PS3. I mostly use my Wii for homebrew. Even my little sisters don't play the Wii much. And most of my friend who have a Wii only use it for parties and games like Mario Kart and Mario Party. They mostly play their 360s.

Anecdotal evidence. Look it up. You're bringing pies to a gunfight.

The Wii is a decent system, but unless they make some major changes to the second generation of Wii, especially in the hardware, they won't keep up. (They won't fail, but they definitely won't be outselling Sony and MS 3 to 1 like they are now.)

You're really good at this changing your argument midway stuff. Which makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to mess around when I know I'm dealing with someone so intent of hitting below the belt.

Since the Wii outputs 640x480 square pixels in 4:3, and 640x480 rectangular pixels in 'widescreen', that called "anamorphic". I mean, that's just a basic truth.

It's not like on PS2 where the few 'widescreen' games it had were simply chopped and zoomed in 4:3 images.
In fact, it's the opposite with the Wii, standard mode is the cropped zoomed in one, while widescreen opens most games up quite a bit.
You only need to play Brawl (especially subspace emissary) to see just how much the playing field and visual data is increased.

[quote name='Strell']Then what in the hell does this even matter around here? If all you're going to do is shit all over the people buying stuff at full price, why bring it up in the one single place where that isn't happening?

And then you turn around and start quoting magical CAG prices on 360/PS3 controllers? I'm looking for 360 controllers, and the best prices I see in stores are MAYBE $30, and that's being generous. Even online retailers hardly get to that price point. Show me some links for a $20 360 controller. I could use one that cheap.

You're just twisting a poor argument around at this point. People on here have sold Wiimote+Chuk combos for $30, and if you traded in Fairytale Fights from Best Buy into Gamestop this week, you could get WM+ for free.

Argument is weak, man. Even by weakness standards.[/QUOTE]

I bring it up here, because when we talk about the Wii, we're not just talking about how it relates to CAGs, we're talking about everybody. Basically, what I'm saying is, people aren't going to want to pay insane prices for accessories next generation. Nobody is going to want to dump another $200 on controllers, then another another $100 on a Wii Fitness board or whatever, etc. And I shouldn't say everybody, because what I really mean is most of the people who bought the Wii, who aren't gamers. Gamers are used to forking out hundreds of dollars every 5 years, but the extremely large audience that bought into the Wii isn't.

And a few weeks ago, I saw an entire display at Wal-Mart full of 360 Wireless Controllers for $19.99. I'm basing the price on that, as I have 6 360 controllers, and haven't bought one since last summer. And you can find SIXAXIS controllers for $30. (Used ones at least.) Dualshock 3s are the expensive ones now.

[quote name='Strell']This just keeps getting better.

I'm not comparing titles, nor number of quality titles, nor anything. Primarily because at the end of the day, how in the fuck can you win that argument? You know what I want to play? A Boy and his Blob. And Modern Warfare 2. Know why? Because they are quality games. It ends there for me, because examining it further is an exercise in madness. One that gamers are so piss poor at recognizing, because they continue to do it like it's golden word.

And if you want to pull this kind of personal anecdote kind of crap, what's to stop someone from being uninterested in the majority of HD titles? I personally don't like them. There's plenty of shitty games with great graphics. Are you going to start calling my opinion nuts because I don't want to play another rehashed Western shooter, boring RPG, or me-too sandbox game?[/QUOTE]

No, you can't win this argument. And I know where you're coming from. I'm known for liking to play games that no one else likes to play. It's all about personal preference. But you can't argue with sales. The 360 and PS3 are selling more games than the Wii. (And no, I don't have an sales numbers on hand to back this up, but it's pretty easy to tell which is selling more games. At least it is for me.)

And no, I won't call you nuts because of your opinion, but I will say that it doesn't agree with the majority. I fucking hate Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean millions of other people don't want 15 more installments of the game.

[quote name='Strell']Piling on the whole "there is shovelware" thing just ices the cake. We've been down this road a billion damn times. And again, it's funny you'd bring this up in a space where we, as generally enlightened gamers, are smart enough to avoid the bullshit. No one around here wants My First Aquariumz - we'd rather play the better stuff. Telling us "bullshit exists" and then acting like we're in favor of it is stupid.[/QUOTE]

I never said you were in favor of it. I just said that there's a lot of shovelware out there. And right now, it makes up a majority of Wii games.

[quote name='Strell']Why is it that people, upon saying this, are practically saying "All the good games on all previous, less-powerful systems no longer apply," but never realize it?

You don't need more power to make a good game. You need a good game. I have a great deal of fun on legacy systems, portables, paper, and with cards.

It's like saying a painting is better because it uses more colors, and was painted with a bigger brush than the other guy's.[/QUOTE]

Obviously nobody is saying that old games suck. But if you want to compete in today's gaming market, you have to keep up with today's technology. Put it this way, as many good games as the SNES had, do you think it could keep up with the Wii, PS3 or 360? What about the PS1? Had more great games than you could possibly count, but it couldn't keep up with the consoles today.

[quote name='Strell']Anecdotal evidence. Look it up. You're bringing pies to a gunfight. [/QUOTE]

You're right, there's no possible evidence I could have to back that up. But all I'm saying is that, in my experience, almost everybody I know gets bored of their Wii after a few months. And that doesn't just include games. I know people who range from 6 to 78 who own a Wii. But that's just my experience. YMMV.

[quote name='Strell']You're really good at this changing your argument midway stuff. Which makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to mess around when I know I'm dealing with someone so intent of hitting below the belt.[/QUOTE]

You can 'get eaten' without failing. The Gamecube and Xbox didn't fail, but only sold about 1/7 of what the PS2 sold, and I'd consider that being 'eaten'.

And no, dallow. Anamorphic widescreen is the process of displaying widescreen video on a non-widescreen TV. Displaying 4:3 content on a 16:9 TV is just called stretching.

Besides, on SDTVs, pixels aren't even square to begin with, they're rectangular. They're only square on HDTVs. So it would just paste rectangular pixels instead of square ones, it would stretch the one pixel into two pixels, to make it seem rectangular.

Ok, most of that is "fair enough" material. Still some anecdotal things not worth rehashing.

As for the power issue, many people will say their favorite systems - even now - are the NES, SNES, hell, even PS1. Even when you say the PS2, you're implying those systems triumph over their later and much more beefier brothers. This all hammers home the idea that power doesn't necessarily help. I agree it doesn't hurt but it doesn't necessarily help.

Otherwise, again. Fair enough.

[quote name='Strell']Ok, most of that is "fair enough" material. Still some anecdotal things not worth rehashing.

As for the power issue, many people will say their favorite systems - even now - are the NES, SNES, hell, even PS1. Even when you say the PS2, you're implying those systems triumph over their later and much more beefier brothers. This all hammers home the idea that power doesn't necessarily help. I agree it doesn't hurt but it doesn't necessarily help.

Otherwise, again. Fair enough.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't help, but it does. Take for example, games that were released on both PS1 and PS2. (THPS3 comes to mind.) I'm willing to bet more people paid for the PS2 version over the PS1 version, simply because it had better graphics and used their 'fancy new hardware'.

But then again, forcing developers to use HD (like the PS3 and 360) could either drive away developers or just have developers not use HD to it's full potential. But if all 3 major companies all had mandatory HD for their games, the developers would have no choice but to do it.

Oh well, we'll wait and see. I truly am hoping for more playability though.

Neither PS3 nor 360 force their developers to use HD. 360 had it for a while with a singular exception given to Halo 3, but now everyone can go sub-HD if they like.

[quote name='Access_Denied']It shouldn't help, but it does. Take for example, games that were released on both PS1 and PS2. (THPS3 comes to mind.) I'm willing to bet more people paid for the PS2 version over the PS1 version, simply because it had better graphics and used their 'fancy new hardware'.[/quote]

That's not really the same thing, even if I see your point.

[quote name='Access_Denied']And no, dallow. Anamorphic widescreen is the process of displaying widescreen video on a non-widescreen TV. Displaying 4:3 content on a 16:9 TV is just called stretching.

Besides, on SDTVs, pixels aren't even square to begin with, they're rectangular. They're only square on HDTVs. So it would just paste rectangular pixels instead of square ones, it would stretch the one pixel into two pixels, to make it seem rectangular.[/QUOTE]
Alright, my last reply cuz this got dumb a long time ago.

2 things wrong.

First, that's a very limited definition of anamorphic, it means much more. If any visual information can be compressed in order to be 'fleshed out' later by the display device, that is 'anamorphic'. Plain and simple.
It's a game console so it's not in the standard 720x480 res that DVDs are in, but it doesn't matter. It's being stretched to show the full image that would otherwise be far too pushed together.

Second, is that there are HDTVs with rectangular pixels, namely the countless 720p displays (plasma mainly) that are actually 1024 x 768.

[quote name='Access_Denied']But if you want to compete in today's gaming market, you have to keep up with today's technology.[/QUOTE]

Out of all the dumb things posted here recently, this "market analysis" made me laugh the hardest. Results for game and console sales this generation certainly don't support this supposition, so you'd better start shouting a lot louder if you want the market to listen.

On a serious note though, why do you come and argue with people in this forum? Having your own opinion is fine... but your statements are consistently based solely on opinion and anecdotal observations. Without having any verifiable facts, and without being open to discussion (and willing to accept that your opinions might be wrong) it's pretty pointless and fanboyish to start a discussion.

Oh wait... this is the internet. Carry on!

The Wii does stretch VC games to 16:9 and I do hate that, but it's really only a minor nuisance to have to change the TV to 4:3. Still, I wish it just put black bars on there for 4:3 games, or at least gave the option to do that automatically. Not having the option at all is pretty dumb. But, it's a small issue given the ability to set 4:3 on your TV, and it's hardly worth blasting the system for. Wii games are 16:9, or at least all the ones I have are (the only semi-exception being Warioland, but it uses a border to keep the game area 4:3, and the game looks great).

Who doesn't think that an HD Wii followup would be nice? Sure it will be, but the current Wii is a great game system without it, and it was the right move for the Wii (obviously). Nintendo is putting out some beautiful looking games on the system even though "only" 16:9 480p. Super Mario Galaxy, Punchout, etc.

I think one good reason they need to make the next system HD is to make it easier for 3rd parties to make cross-platform games. I'm sure Nintendo is not terribly happy that they didn't get to enjoy a share of the revenue pulled in by Modern Warfare 2, for example. I am dying to know how well Reflex sold, and in fact I find that version (of the older game) more appealing due to the remote, but my tastes didn't earn them millions of dollars....

[quote name='Access_Denied']You must be joking. The Wii has the exact same hardware as the Gamecube. The only difference is more RAM, a different DVD drive and a Bluetooth module. The Wii can't even do true widescreen. According to bushing (I think it was him who said it), the Wii uses some BS way to 'emulate' widescreen mode.The Gamecube may have been powerful in 2002, but it's not now. If they want to compete with the 360 and PS3, they have to beef up the hardware (especially the graphics). Yeah, the Wii is selling a bunch of consoles, but about a month after the purchase, anybody who bought one realized that they're boring as hell, especially after you've play Wii Sports for about 600 hours. And then, to make it worse, Nintendo kills you on first party accessories. What is it now, $90 for the full controller combo? If I'm going to pay that much for me and some friends to play games, they better be fun and they better look good.

And if you seriously don't think that the Wii has storage problems, you've been living under a rock. Tons of people are complaining that they're running out of room for their VC games. The Wii community has been hoping for a Wii hard drive since it came out.

Nintendo has to remember that all their flashy gimmicks only last so long, and they better bring something better next time, or they're going to get eaten.[/QUOTE]

Great, now you're making me laugh at you. :applause:

The only thing the Wii doesn't have are 3 things....

* HD -- But nobody is fucking missing it. At least REAL people.

* Online BS -- So that we all can sit in our dark basements and not feel like completely lonely sexless losers.

* Storage -- SD card implementations have helped but they do need to allow for memory cards. Internal storage was/is a joke. Why couldn't they throw on a 1019 card...just in SD form, mainly for encryption and DRM sucks.

Controllers is a cheap jab, very cheap.

Games are opinionated, and you'll never find a line to draw on what's good or bad. Wife picked up this Merry Christmas BS game but it's the most fun she's ever had, and it's holiday based.... I can't remember the last time she laughed so hard seeing a god damn elf spin, toss, and crash so god damn hard in elf bowling.

And the Wii has been out for what... 3+ years now... completely FLASH AND MAGIC huh? Continuing to outsell the "hardcore" consoles still.

And the DS is what, a fairy tale? released in 2004, it's the biggest thing since color television. Even DS games released half a decade ago are outselling brand new "hardcore" games.

[quote name='ejamer']Results for game and console sales this generation certainly don't support this supposition[/QUOTE]

Console sales don't agree with that, but game sales sure do. Google 'Wii Software Sales', and you'll find countless articles about how sales are dwindling compared to the 360 and Wii. During the first 6 months, the Wii was outselling the 360 on software 2:1 and the PS3 3:1. Now, Wii sales are dwindling and the tables have turned. Wii hardware sales are good, but the software sales are doing nothing. Video game companies make money of software, not hardware.

[quote name='xycury']Great, now you're making me laugh at you. :applause:

The only thing the Wii doesn't have are 3 things....

* HD -- But nobody is fucking missing it. At least REAL people.

* Online BS -- So that we all can sit in our dark basements and not feel like completely lonely sexless losers.

* Storage -- SD card implementations have helped but they do need to allow for memory cards. Internal storage was/is a joke. Why couldn't they throw on a 1019 card...just in SD form, mainly for encryption and DRM sucks.

Controllers is a cheap jab, very cheap.

Games are opinionated, and you'll never find a line to draw on what's good or bad. Wife picked up this Merry Christmas BS game but it's the most fun she's ever had, and it's holiday based.... I can't remember the last time she laughed so hard seeing a god damn elf spin, toss, and crash so god damn hard in elf bowling.

And the Wii has been out for what... 3+ years now... completely FLASH AND MAGIC huh? Continuing to outsell the "hardcore" consoles still.

And the DS is what, a fairy tale? released in 2004, it's the biggest thing since color television. Even DS games released half a decade ago are outselling brand new "hardcore" games.[/QUOTE]

HD, Online and Storage, You bring up the 3 BIGGEST issues this generation. If nobody cares about HD, then why is it shoved down your throat at every chance possible? Why did Sony and MS go far enough to add an HDMI port to their consoles if it was no big deal? Why didn't they just stick with good old component cables and save the people some money? Why does every game that supports HD clearly state the fact on the back of the game case? Why waste cover space for something that 'real' people don't care about?

And right, nobody cares about online gaming. That's why there's over 20 million people who pay for Xbox Live every month. And 20 million that subscribe to PSN. And the fact that they make online only games now is definitely proof that nobody cares about online gameplay.

And storage is something that's mentioned every where you go. Sony and MS upgrade the storage capacity on their consoles at every chance they get. The 360 started out with 20GB and is now at 250GB. The PS3 started out with 60GB and is now at 320GB. And Wii owners have been begging for storage solutions since early 2007. That's why Nintendo added support for SDHC cards and the ability to play VC games from the SD card. One of the first things hackers did to the console was add support for external hard drives, and some have even included internal hard drives. If the Wii doesn't have a storage problem, the 360 doesn't have a failure rate problem.

And how is controllers a cheap shot? You have to buy controllers to play the game. The more expensive they are, the more it sucks for consumers. If Sony and MS charge too much for their motion control peripherals, they'll get the same criticism. Nobody wants to fork out a ton of money to play games with their friends.

And yes, games are opinionated, but games sales aren't. See above.

And yes, the Wii outsells the other consoles in Hardware, but not software. And anybody will tell you that it's software sales, not hardware sales, that make money.

And who mentioned the DS? I'll admit that the DS is dominating. Nintendo has been in the hand held market for decades, and I'll admit, they know how to do it well. I won't argue that the DS isn't the best hand held on the market right now.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Console sales don't agree with that, but game sales sure do. Google 'Wii Software Sales', and you'll find countless articles about how sales are dwindling compared to the 360 and Wii. During the first 6 months, the Wii was outselling the 360 on software 2:1 and the PS3 3:1. Now, Wii sales are dwindling and the tables have turned. Wii hardware sales are good, but the software sales are doing nothing. Video game companies make money of software, not hardware. [/QUOTE]

Common belief, it seems, but Amazon would seem to differ. Check out their top 100 video game related sales for all of 2009. After you get past the top 10, only one of which was a 360 or PS3 item, and that at position 9 (you can probably guess what game), why don't you count the total number of games in the top 100 for each system? You might be surprised at the dirth of 360 games in the list. It did worse then the PS3 in terms of number of top 100 games, though it did have some higher placers then the PS3. The Wii has more then twice as many top 100 games then the others, even after discounting Wii Play, which I'm not sure you should really discount, but there you go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2009/videogames/ref=zg_bs_cal

EDIT: just for fun, looked at the top spot for each month of 2009. The 360 had two lonely months with a top selling game/item (COD:MW2 and Halo ODST getting a month each). The Wii had the top spot for 9 of the rest. Sims 3 was at the top for one month. Man those Wii game sales sure suck balls.

FYI, I'm pretty sure that Dr. Mario Kart's blog posts of Japanese game sales have shown that the Wii dominates game sales by a wide margin there as well, though don't quote me on it - you can take a look and report back.

EDIT2: what the hell, I'll do your homework for you. Just considering games, here's how they lay for 2009:

Wii has spots:
5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 (Wii Play), 19, 22, 30, 32, 33, 41, 45, 60, 62, 63, 66, 67, 69, 75, 77, 78, 81, 82, 83, 87, 92, 96 and 98

360 has spots:
9, 15, 16, 20, 44, 54, 68, 71, 72, 73 and 91

PS3 has spots:
13, 18, 29, 50, 51, 57, 59, 61, 64, 65, 88, 93, 94, 95 and 97

Still convinced the 360 and PS3 outsold the Wii in game sales?

Might as well toss in DS:
25, 28, 31, 34, 37, 42, 47, 53, 55, 84 and 99

PSP:
none

Pretty bad year for Nintendo overall. If only they had HD, a hard drive and better online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Access_Denied']
HD, Online and Storage, You bring up the 3 BIGGEST issues this generation. If nobody cares about HD, then why is it shoved down your throat at every chance possible? Why did Sony and MS go far enough to add an HDMI port to their consoles if it was no big deal? Why didn't they just stick with good old component cables and save the people some money? Why does every game that supports HD clearly state the fact on the back of the game case? Why waste cover space for something that 'real' people don't care about?[/QUOTE]

I'm only thinking of the Wii.... does the wii have anything that would need HD? Can the wii do HD now? Didn't they say that they wanted the Wii to be available to anyone and gameplay > game looks?

Nintendo's focus isn't on HD. I have never felt the "HD down throat expierence" besides Bluray movies on every fucking sony produced DVD. And guess what... IT'S NOT ABOUT GAMES!?!?!

if what you're saying is supposed gospel truth.. the Dreamcast should have wiped the floor with a late coming PS2.

There would already be a Dreamcast 32x Saturn edition already.... if HD was sooooo important.

Cripes man, Good graphics does NOT make a good game. Cannot sell crappy software.

[quote name='Access_Denied']And right, nobody cares about online gaming. That's why there's over 20 million people who pay for Xbox Live every month. And 20 million that subscribe to PSN. And the fact that they make online only games now is definitely proof that nobody cares about online gameplay.[/QUOTE]

huh? I didn't say it doesn't matter or nobody cares.

Just saying that Nintendo really doesn't need it now. They don't have the library or the infrastucture to do it, definately no support from the third parties.

I do enjoy local multiplayer and it's a blast, but that can't be said on the ps360 either...

It's just sad to see multiplayer as an illusion because really it's not getting people together like the Wii can, it's pushing people to their own living room to sit on a couch and sometimes pay something per month so they can play with someone else across town.

I remember playing games with my friends in the same room with a NES, SNES, and genisis... that can't be said now with the ps360.

[quote name='Access_Denied']And storage is something that's mentioned every where you go. Sony and MS upgrade the storage capacity on their consoles at every chance they get. The 360 started out with 20GB and is now at 250GB. The PS3 started out with 60GB and is now at 320GB. And Wii owners have been begging for storage solutions since early 2007. That's why Nintendo added support for SDHC cards and the ability to play VC games from the SD card. One of the first things hackers did to the console was add support for external hard drives, and some have even included internal hard drives. If the Wii doesn't have a storage problem, the 360 doesn't have a failure rate problem.[/QUOTE]

Moot point, I agreed with you... why bring it up? you like just want to argue don't you?

[quote name='Access_Denied']And how is controllers a cheap shot? You have to buy controllers to play the game. The more expensive they are, the more it sucks for consumers. If Sony and MS charge too much for their motion control peripherals, they'll get the same criticism. Nobody wants to fork out a ton of money to play games with their friends.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but there are plenty of games you need only 1 controller, can be split up to 4.

And I can probably guess that Natel and the Sony fairy wand will be pricey too.

How much are the DS3s? And most games don't require the nunchuck, and when they do it's mostly limited to 2 player games.

You compared a $20 gamepad... the Xbox pad at Target.... online I see them for $40, wow same as the wiimote... how much is the wireless, omg $50.... wait, the wiimote is wireless already!!

sure you can say you need the numchuck, but half the games don't need it... can you cut the 360 in half and pay only half of that?

[quote name='Access_Denied']And yes, games are opinionated, but games sales aren't. See above.

And yes, the Wii outsells the other consoles in Hardware, but not software. And anybody will tell you that it's software sales, not hardware sales, that make money.

And who mentioned the DS? I'll admit that the DS is dominating. Nintendo has been in the hand held market for decades, and I'll admit, they know how to do it well. I won't argue that the DS isn't the best hand held on the market right now. [/QUOTE]

software sales not hardware that makes money? Sure maybe for like Sony and MS... Nintendo is obviously spitting in that face.

Sure it's suppose to but gee, really doesn't seem like a bad idea or plan if you don't HAVE to make a loss on hardware and pray every day that software sales will make it up.

I for one am not ready for a new Wii. I am perfectly fine with my Wii right now and I don't want to spend $300 on a new console in a year considering the Wii can still make excellent games. Also I could care less about HD, if I wanted to play a HD game, I got my PC. Another reason I don't want to buy a new Wii is because of how they like to fuck over their users on their shop channel. (what was it like 2-3 years for super mario kart and pilotwings, give me a fucking break).

[quote name='xycury']I'm only thinking of the Wii.... does the wii have anything that would need HD? Can the wii do HD now? Didn't they say that they wanted the Wii to be available to anyone and gameplay > game looks?

Nintendo's focus isn't on HD. I have never felt the "HD down throat expierence" besides Bluray movies on every fucking sony produced DVD. And guess what... IT'S NOT ABOUT GAMES!?!?!

if what you're saying is supposed gospel truth.. the Dreamcast should have wiped the floor with a late coming PS2.

There would already be a Dreamcast 32x Saturn edition already.... if HD was sooooo important.

Cripes man, Good graphics does NOT make a good game. Cannot sell crappy software.

huh? I didn't say it doesn't matter or nobody cares.

Just saying that Nintendo really doesn't need it now. They don't have the library or the infrastucture to do it, definately no support from the third parties.

I do enjoy local multiplayer and it's a blast, but that can't be said on the ps360 either...

It's just sad to see multiplayer as an illusion because really it's not getting people together like the Wii can, it's pushing people to their own living room to sit on a couch and sometimes pay something per month so they can play with someone else across town.

I remember playing games with my friends in the same room with a NES, SNES, and genisis... that can't be said now with the ps360.

Moot point, I agreed with you... why bring it up? you like just want to argue don't you?

Indeed, but there are plenty of games you need only 1 controller, can be split up to 4.

And I can probably guess that Natel and the Sony fairy wand will be pricey too.

How much are the DS3s? And most games don't require the nunchuck, and when they do it's mostly limited to 2 player games.

You compared a $20 gamepad... the Xbox pad at Target.... online I see them for $40, wow same as the wiimote... how much is the wireless, omg $50.... wait, the wiimote is wireless already!!

sure you can say you need the numchuck, but half the games don't need it... can you cut the 360 in half and pay only half of that?

software sales not hardware that makes money? Sure maybe for like Sony and MS... Nintendo is obviously spitting in that face.

Sure it's suppose to but gee, really doesn't seem like a bad idea or plan if you don't HAVE to make a loss on hardware and pray every day that software sales will make it up.[/QUOTE]

As I said, HD graphics are not necessary, but they help. And people want HD graphics. That's why HDTV sales are up so high, and why the format war between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray was so big. Whether you want to admit or not, people want HD.

And no, Nintendo doesn't need it now, but they will next generation, which is what we're talking about. I can't even tell you how many people have told me they wish the Wii had more online capabilities. The Wii is a big party system. It's awesome to have if you've got 20 people over. But what if you don't have any friends over at the moment? It would be nice to be able to play all your games online and get just as much fun out of them. And just because people play online doesn't mean they're isolating themselves. Some people don't have friends that love video games, or just happen to be alone at the time. It doesn't mean they're lonely, sexless losers who have nothing to do but play games.

And my bad about storage. I mis-interpreted your post. Just dis-regard my statement.

And most of the good games do require 4 controllers. (Like Mario Kart) And most games may not require a nunchuck, but what about the few that do? With a 360 or PS3, you buy the controller and you're done. With a Wii, you buy a Wiimote, then you might have to buy a nunchuck, then you might have to buy a Wii Motion Plus.

OK, so Nintendo is making money now on hardware sales. That's cool. What about down the line when everybody already has a Wii? They'll be dwindling in software sales, while Sony and MS will still be making money because they're still selling software while Nintendo isn't.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25740

"However, a closer look at the underlying figures suggests that Wii software sales really have slowed down throughout 2009, precisely in the period during which Wii hardware sales have also shown declines. It is also notable that Nintendo has not had a truly big first-party software release on the Wii this year."

Wii software sales are leveling out while the 360 and PS3 continue to grow. And these numbers don't affect online purchases, such as Arcade/PSN/VC games and DLC. The Wii is only on top now because it sold so many consoles so fast. But those numbers are beginning to level out, while PS3 and 360 console sales are increasing. And since the PS3 and 360 sell more games per system than the Wii, once the console numbers start rising, the PS3 and 360 will easily pass the Wii in software sales.

I would only spend money on a new Wii console if it offered 100% backward compatibility with my current controllers, peripherals, and games.

Ok, we are arguing different things, I think. I agree that the next gen Nintendo console is going to have HD graphics. Who doesn't? HDTVs are becoming ubiquitous so it now makes sense. Certainly, though, any claim that Nintendo is suffering for the lack of HD, HDD and better online on their current console is completely ridiculous, as I pointed out in excruciating detail with amazon's 2009 numbers. If it makes anyone feel better, you could argue that the 360 and PS3 are ahead of their time, at least in terms of graphics, storage and online play. Unfortunately for them, it hasn't helped. If anything, it looks like Nintendo is timing things perfectly. Just as sales start to slow (if they are/do - I don't think that's entirely clear), they will have their next gen console out.

[quote name='Access_Denied']

Wii software sales are leveling out while the 360 and PS3 continue to grow. And these numbers don't affect online purchases, such as Arcade/PSN/VC games and DLC. The Wii is only on top now because it sold so many consoles so fast. But those numbers are beginning to level out, while PS3 and 360 console sales are increasing. And since the PS3 and 360 sell more games per system than the Wii, once the console numbers start rising, the PS3 and 360 will easily pass the Wii in software sales.[/QUOTE]

Wii is in every home.... yeah they level out because not everyone is going to by a 2nd or 3rd wii. Eventually it's going to stay steady like the DS. New families, new wiis. No 3 million sold months of course, that makes sense.

And why are they slow for the Xbox and PS3, no software maybe me thinks? wasn't that a gripe for the PS3 for the longest time. No software to push the consoles.

And when comparing numbers of the consoles, the software sales won't matter because there is a bigger wii base out there. Nintendo isn't stopping the first party games, the bigger third party games like Sega isn't going to give up either.

Overall Nintendo is making money on hardware and software, while the other two is just on software alone, and that's not cutting it because there still isn't enough titles to make me buy either. The loss factor on RRODs and the slow to stalwart sales on Ps3, only surged because they release a revision...

Even if Wii 2 decides to come out... with HD, with storage, with more online abilities.... and still play Wii titles... what the hell is Sony or MS going to do?

I'm hoping for a late 2011, I really think the Wii has 10 years... but 7 is good enough too I suppose.

bread's done
Back