Square Enix President says Wii 2 in 2011

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok, we are arguing different things, I think. I agree that the next gen Nintendo console is going to have HD graphics. Who doesn't? HDTVs are becoming ubiquitous so it now makes sense. Certainly, though, any claim that Nintendo is suffering for the lack of HD, HDD and better online on their current console is completely ridiculous, as I pointed out in excruciating detail with amazon's 2009 numbers. If it makes anyone feel better, you could argue that the 360 and PS3 are ahead of their time, at least in terms of graphics, storage and online play. Unfortunately for them, it hasn't helped. If anything, it looks like Nintendo is timing things perfectly. Just as sales start to slow (if they are/do - I don't think that's entirely clear), they will have their next gen console out.[/QUOTE]

No, obviously Nintendo isn't suffering that much now. I'm just trying to say, that if you look at this generation, the next generation Wii will almost have to have HD, an HDD and online capabilities to keep up.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Should I try giving them a call then? It'd be nice if I didn't have to give up all the stuff I bought just because I got a new console (deactivated the old one, and gave it to another family member, and got myself another one). I've heard them deny people left and right for asking, but I guess it can't hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

There is ONE exception, if you deactivate your license on the Wii Shop Channel for any reason, you give up the rights to those games.

But as long as that license is still there and you have the serial number for both the old Wii and the new one, you can transfer them over.

Their customer service is typically pretty top-notch. That's the difference though lol :D

[quote name='fldash']I would only spend money on a new Wii console if it offered 100% backward compatibility with my current controllers, peripherals, and games.[/QUOTE]

farnsworth.jpg

Good news, everyone! You can do this in stores right now!

bread's done
Back