St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Stay safe St Louis CAGs... I had to stop to get gas on my way home from work and some guy was shooting down the street off Broadway and Grand with an AK-47. I have a feeling that tonight is going to be a long night. 

Im close in hazelwood to the hell, work closer in florissant. We were heading back from fast eddies sunday and all the famous people were speaking at a church off 270 by flo valley and imswear there were 2000+ cars lined up both sides of pershall rd in both directions. I havent ever seen that many cars jammed into one spot in my life.

Its definately crazy and with another shooting today, i cant imagine its going to calm down anytime soon. Just worried about when they are done trashing ferguson, they might head my way next

Im close in hazelwood to the hell, work closer in florissant. We were heading back from fast eddies sunday and all the famous people were speaking at a church off 270 by flo valley and imswear there were 2000+ cars lined up both sides of pershall rd in both directions. I havent ever seen that many cars jammed into one spot in my life.

Its definately crazy and with another shooting today, i cant imagine its going to calm down anytime soon. Just worried about when they are done trashing ferguson, they might head my way next
Yeah I worked a bunch of extra hours last week at my job in the loop because my boss was worried after they hit Ferguson they would start heading to the Loop. Especially when I work at a store with fitted hats and Cardinals apparel.

Even at 75 bucks off im holding on the ps4, at this point im curious what the bf deals will be. I still look on craiglist and if i get lucky and score a deserate guy looking to unload one for 250 i might jump on it but probably wait till bf

I'm sort of sad and relieved that the Zelda Wii U is just some accents to the gamepad. Sad that it's not cooler, but relieved because I don't feel the need to buy a second Wii U. Now if Nintendo releases a 64GB Gold Wii U and Gold Gamepad with the release of the next Zelda Wii U game, I may just have to jump on it assuming all of my digital games will transfer. 

The Game Trader 2 in St Charles has only been open for a few weeks, but so far I really like it. They have a pretty good selection of older titles, imports, really cheap prices on Atari 2600 games and they seem to be doing a high score challenge thing on the weekends. They don't really have a ton of new stuff, but I'd rather buy a used Famicom game over a used PS4 game.

Anyone have an idea of where I could dispose of a large number of OG Xbox faceplates and old game guides?
There's the bigger places like Slackers and Vintage Stock that will take them, but they probably won't give you much. There's also Bodach's in Arnold that does game guides and Game Trader in St Charles. There's also a couple of game stores in Union, which is probably way too far for most people (I volunteer at the horse rescue out there, so I go to those stores occasionally). I don't think the Epic Games in Oakville has any game guides, but it might be worth a shot.

Although, game guides seem like they'd be a tough sell just because they're books, so if you have a guide that's worth something it may be better to deal with eBay.

Yeah I would do Amazon or EBay for all of that. The guides Bodach has now don't sell so he can't give you much. Seller's market on the old 360 faceplates is pretty much dried up as well.

If you don't want to deal with doing it yourself beat bet for everything is VStock.

I am starting to look at PS3s,as I have never owned one and want to check out some of their best of exclusives. I know Iwant to stay away from the original model, but do any of you guys have any advice on which model I should keep an eye out for, or where I can get the best deal?

Caught this on the news, but may interest anybody in the St. Louis Metro area:

http://www.att.com/att/gigapowercities/

Apparently AT&T is gearing up to provide Gigabit internet to the St. Louis Metro area (I haven't seen any ETA or specifics on how much of the metro/county this includes) with the possibility of expanding to surrounding areas like Chesterfield (Technically part of St. Louis County/Metro) and what not. Hopefully this will spur Charter and what not to provide better services in the area as well.

Just thought I'd drop this piece of info here. Here's to hoping it covers a wide enough area on their roll out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caught this on the news, but may interest anybody in the St. Louis Metro area:

http://www.att.com/att/gigapowercities/

Apparently AT&T is gearing up to provide Gigabit internet to the St. Louis Metro area (I haven't seen any ETA or specifics on how much of the metro/county this includes) with the possibility of expanding to surrounding areas like Chesterfield (Technically part of St. Louis County/Metro) and what not. Hopefully this will spur Charter and what not to provide better services in the area as well.

Just thought I'd drop this piece of info here. Here's to hoping it covers a wide enough area on their roll out.
According to this: http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/at-t-to-offer-gigabit-internet-in-parts-of-st/article_344c81d6-58de-5b30-82ef-4cdaf5d105b2.html, mid-2015 is when it should start. Maybe Google will follow.

Charter is my only choice here in hazelwood. Dsl is barely here as is uverse. Paying 55 a month now for charter. Its fast but the price blows

I have the fastest internet UVerse offers and it is really slow. I cancelled Charter a year ago because their tv blew and the internet although fast, would cut out often. The only complaint I've had with AT&T is how slow the internet is.

I have the fastest internet UVerse offers and it is really slow. I cancelled Charter a year ago because their tv blew and the internet although fast, would cut out often. The only complaint I've had with AT&T is how slow the internet is.
What do you get and how many people use it?

I have 50Mbps Down and 6Mbps Up and get pretty much all of it at all times.

3734648628.png

They should be able to provide your speed unless you're far away from the station that provides internet for your specific area. I would ask neighbors if they have AT&T and if so, whether they're getting the speed they pay for or not. Usually when everybody has the issue, it's something wrong with the station or line. Though when I first got AT&T here, I had to bug them for a year or so until they finally figured out what the issue was and corrected it. However it also greatly helps that I'm about two blocks away from the station that feeds internet to my area.

At my last job, we had Charter Business internet of 100Mbps. It would go out for a minute as much as once a day. Since we used a VoIP phone system, it caused a problem. Not sure if it ever got fixed, but the issue was improved before I left there. Had a problem that was also discovered to be a line problem coming into the street at one point to because everybody on the street would go out at the same time if they were using Charter.

It sucks, but if you're not even close I would consider getting them to fix it. In my case, I work in IT so it helps me a little more when I get to people who aren't basic customer service reps.

I have two roommates that I know the internet gets stretched to, but man it just seems realllly slow. That's the fastest internet Uverse can provide us.

3735132805.png
That's actually not a bad speed. Depending on how it's being used, it could feel slow.

If your roomates torrent or download/upload anything else frequently, it could account for this. Especially if they don't put proper throttling methods to not suck up all the bandwidth.

Movies from Netflix take up to 5Mbps I believe. Amazon movies are probably in that range as well. Streaming music shouldn't take up more than a couple Mbps either. Streaming games can suck up a bunch depending on how it's setup. Playing games shouldn't be more than 8Mbps (and that's very high) unless you're hosting games.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is that some routers can be setup to limit bandwidth to certain devices that aren't approved. However if you're getting that speed from the image you showed it shouldn't be the case.

20Mbit roughly translates to 2.5MB/s.

EDIT: I math'd wrong. 8Mbit = 1MB/s (8 bits = 1 byte).

3735165531.png

Could be worse... I have no idea why I get such terrible internets in St Charles. I pay for their most expensive one and it still sucks.
If you're paying for anything more than 12Mbit, I would seriously consider giving them shit about it.

I've got Charter. I supposedly have 30/4, but wired devices routinely hit over 100. Pretty sure I have Spectrum, but the Charter rep said it hadn't rolled out here yet. That said, I've been here (both in St. Louis and at my current address) a month and already experienced two minor outages with them. In the future, I may switch to U-verse. How do you get 50 down? Looking on AT&T's site, the highest I see as an option is 18.

I've got Charter. I supposedly have 30/4, but wired devices routinely hit over 100. Pretty sure I have Spectrum, but the Charter rep said it hadn't rolled out here yet. That said, I've been here (both in St. Louis and at my current address) a month and already experienced two minor outages with them. In the future, I may switch to U-verse. How do you get 50 down? Looking on AT&T's site, the highest I see as an option is 18.
Depends on your area. I'm in Creve Coeur and it says my highest is 45, but when the technicians came to upgrade me to it, they said it was actually 50 or 55. I want to say I'm in an area that tends to be "Tier 2" rollout when it comes to AT&T speed in St. Louis based on past changes. It went from 10 -> 12 -> 18 -> 24 -> 45 if I remember correctly.

And Charter does have Spectrum in quite a bit of the area here. I'm not sure how far it extends, but everybody I know that has Charter has it except for one person and it doesn't make sense for why he doesn't have it.

I just hope that the faster speeds make it here and spread quickly. There is no reason to have anything less than 100Mbps minimal in this day and age.

I hope people are planning on router upgrades when the supposed timeframe for GigaPower hits and AT&T rolls it out.  Most routers won't handle that much speed, wireless or wired.

I have Charter's 100 x 4 service since I'm in a Spectrum area and wired does peak over 100Mbps.  Wireless doesn't for most of my house due to router placement, though that's a different issue for a different day.    Anyone who had 30 x 4 service in St. Louis was automatically upgraded to 100 x 4 when they moved their area to Spectrum.

UVerse was at 24Mpbs max when I last used it a couple of years ago, though I know they've been increasing it as their infrastructure for UVerse has widened in scope.  It was 42Mbps max about a year ago, though if you're close to the fiber hut for your area, it wouldn't surprise me that 50-55Mbps is an option.

I'm sure as we get further past the Spectrum launch, we should hopefully start seeing higher upload and download speeds from Charter.  The Cisco DPC-3008 modems they've been providing for service are 8 channels down x 4 channels up, so they'll do 320Mbps (theoretical) down and 160Mbps (theoretical) up without an equipment swap or upgrade.  They're not the only modems that are 8 x 4, though they're the freebies that Charter is providing.

They will because you'll have to 'upgrade' to it, but it will probably be some speed tier that's $120 a month and I bet only upload like 10Mbps. They will try and find some way to screw over people or not provide proper speeds.

You can also fix wireless coverage by having multiple access points that are setup identically with regards to the wireless signal and password. It will act like one access point in devices and they should switch to the one providing the strongest signal automatically. This works because devices don't know the difference between broadcast points. They only know the data that is programmed into that device and will use it to try and connect or not. You'll see this a lot in hospitals.

If you need an explanation on how to setup devices like this on a network just ask. Kind of difficult to explain, but it shouldn't be too bad. It would have to be kind of lengthy.

I'm sure as we get further past the Spectrum launch, we should hopefully start seeing higher upload and download speeds from Charter. The Cisco DPC-3008 modems they've been providing for service are 8 channels down x 4 channels up, so they'll do 320Mbps (theoretical) down and 160Mbps (theoretical) up without an equipment swap or upgrade. They're not the only modems that are 8 x 4, though they're the freebies that Charter is providing.
Charter gave me an Arris TM822, which still seems to be a decent enough modem. I wish I was still able to use my own since the one I had been using for the past two years with Comcast was great. I'm thinking of upgrading my router soon-ish though. I have an Asus RT-N66U which worked very well before I moved, but has been a little finicky lately. Might be due to the building/number of neighbors, though.

They will because you'll have to 'upgrade' to it, but it will probably be some speed tier that's $120 a month and I bet only upload like 10Mbps. They will try and find some way to screw over people or not provide proper speeds.

You can also fix wireless coverage by having multiple access points that are setup identically with regards to the wireless signal and password. It will act like one access point in devices and they should switch to the one providing the strongest signal automatically. This works because devices don't know the difference between broadcast points. They only know the data that is programmed into that device and will use it to try and connect or not. You'll see this a lot in hospitals.

If you need an explanation on how to setup devices like this on a network just ask. Kind of difficult to explain, but it shouldn't be too bad. It would have to be kind of lengthy.
No explanation needed, though thank you for the offer.

Charter gave me an Arris TM822, which still seems to be a decent enough modem. I wish I was still able to use my own since the one I had been using for the past two years with Comcast was great. I'm thinking of upgrading my router soon-ish though. I have an Asus RT-N66U which worked very well before I moved, but has been a little finicky lately. Might be due to the building/number of neighbors, though.
That Arris modem is an 8x4 modem as well as a VOIP modem. I picked up their Internet service first then I added their voice service, though have separate modems for each. That way, when one craps out, I'm not out both voice and Internet.

The RT-N66U should be good for a while with Gigapower, since it has a pretty beefy CPU and should be able to handle that much traffic. I used one for a year and a half before I switched to an RT-AC68U. You might want to try installing the Merlin FW for the N66U, as it's made the router go from good to great:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

I still use my own modem with charter. They offered me a free one but i really didn't want it. Still jacked my price up 10 a month when my last contract expired. I have no idea what i have they tell me its 60 mbps but hell if i know

Try 1.5 Meg DSL like I have. :)

So Fenton GS has one free sell of Destiny Ghost Edition on 360 as of 6 PM. Fenton BB is sold out of Captain America Steelbooks & almost sold out of Destiny games unless they have more in the back.

I don't even know if Charter is available in my apartment complex yet, it's always been ATT exclusive and not UVerse compatible. A couple of years ago Charter put lines in (their contractors falling through the roof of my building in the process) but no signs are up at the office, just ATT. Conveniently just after that UVerse became available.

Everything UVerse requires a contract though and I just haven't been able to commit to one. I am about to go to the office for the local rep's phone number to see if they have ANYTHING w/o a contract or at least just a 3-6 month one.

The Game Trader 2 in St Charles got a bunch of Famicom and Super Famicom games in earlier this week. It did get picked over pretty good, but I was able to get Rockman X2 (he still had lots of RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and Little Masters, but I don't know Japanese). He also just got a working Turbo Graph 16 CD system, but last I knew he was playing with it.

9 XMen Last Stand Metalpak's left at Fairview Heights, IL Target as of 9:45 AM. This was at front counter, didn't take time to check Electronics.

So with the owner of Comic Headquarters on Telegraph dying & his family going to sell the business, is my only option to sell comics locally VStock?

Unless if it's a rare variant or something, I seriously doubt it. I don't think modern comics hold their value at all and Fantasy Shop usually have back issue sales where they sell their back issues for a quarter. 

You can check out Mo's comics or All American Collectibles it might be called. They moved to Hampton sometime during the past few years near Gravois. They used to be on Chippewa near Ted Drews.

Anyone check out the Neutral Zone(The Arcade) in Chesterfield Mall yet?  My wife got us the 2 person groupon - I'm excited to show her my Street Fighter 2 skills.

[quote name="Kezmer" post="12276920" timestamp="1417107561"]If i get lucky at Target i might actually buy an xbox one today[/quote]
Glad to hear you're still in one piece.

Its been a bad month. Got my house robbed blind 3 weeks ago or so. Came home and they kicked in my walk out basement door and stole all my electronics. Vita 3ds xl ipad laptops baseball cards list goes on and on. Insurance depreciates everything too depending how old it is. They probably got me for over 8 grand worth of stuff. I dont wish it on anyone living around Ferguson right now. Its the worst feeling when you realize you have been robbed. And we found out they stabbed my dog in the ear with a knife too.

bread's done
Back