St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Target in Arnold had 10+ copies of fear 2 for 12.48. 1 riddick 41.98, multiple copies of a wrestling game for 360, and some wii crap nothing too notable. Clearance relocated to back row of dvd section.

Target at brentwood, rock road and st peters had a couple copies of Guitar Hero 3 Legends of rock (360) for 7.98. I already have it but If you need it might want to check, it is on the discount game rack and I found a couple on a shelf way in the back on the rock road by the clearance games

[quote name='cvraider']Target in Arnold had 10+ copies of fear 2 for 12.48. 1 riddick 41.98, multiple copies of a wrestling game for 360, and some wii crap nothing too notable. Clearance relocated to back row of dvd section.[/QUOTE]I'll have to try and run by there sometime in the next couple of days and see if I can pick up one. Thanks for the head's up.

South County Target just had HAWX @ $41.98 on their clearance section, which I'm hoping will drop soon.

South County Best Buy has a number of games tagged with green dots and red dots. Red dot games are 20% off their price in the register, and green dot games are 10% off their price in the register. I took a quick look at it last night when I was there, though it looks like mostly crap from what I remember. Worth taking a look if you're going there anyway.

Came back from the Arnold Target, and picked up a copy of FEAR 2 @ $12.48. There was another copy left, as well as the single copy of Riddick @ $41.98 and numerous copies of HAWX @ $41.98, plus some other random games.

And yes, it's in the back row of the DVD section, and in fact, a couple of employees didn't know where it was. I think it was moved there because there was a Sony TV in the Clearance section where I'm sure the games would normally be at.

Glad you found a copy of fear shrike!!! I'll pay more attention to detail next time as far as whats clearanced. I never find anything worth while in fenton where i live.

[quote name='cvraider']Glad you found a copy of fear shrike!!! I'll pay more attention to detail next time as far as whats clearanced. I never find anything worth while in fenton where i live.[/QUOTE]Thanks for letting me know about it. Greatly appreciated.

The South County store on Rusty Road is my "normal" Target, and their clearance stuff tends to suck pretty badly. Best I found was Last Remnant at $12.48 on a random visit, and the rest hasn't been that great.

The Arnold store isn't too far away, though not the one I'd run to normally. The Gravois Bluffs / Fenton store is the other "normal" one I'd go to, and they have OK clearance stuff, though not that great.

I certainly don't find anything like other people find, though it may be because other people hit it long before I can make it out there.

Though, again, thank you for letting me know about FEAR 2 in Arnold. Greatly appreciated. :applause:

Yes thanks also for the Arnold heads up, I just drove there from Hazelwood and got a copy of Fear 2 for 12.48. They had 1 left there along with one prince of Persia for the same price and about 10 guitar hero world tours for PS3 for 15 bucks. It was confusing to find them here, they are right by the DVD's like near the childrens books aisle.

Coming from the other end of the world that was a tough store to find. I drove by it once no seeing it down in the valley. It was worth it though grabbed a nice churro from costco for the drive back

Also I picked up Dead Space for 19.99 at Game Crazy on West Florissant up this way. they had lots of copies left. Might want to call the store to make sure they have one before you drive 20 miles though. I cant wait to play it.

Ill report back more often if i find anything worthwhile. Currently laid off and at home watching my daughter so i have time to get out and look for these deals every couple of weeks. I can afford a cheap game every now and then. Tempted to pick up dead space at gamecrazy also.:)

I played Dead Space for about 5 hours today after I got home and I have to say I am loving this game. So creepy and It scared me a few times in the way the first Resident Evil did. It just fell under my radar since It came out when I was playing Fallout 3 and the Guitar games.

I am wishing I had bought it a long time ago. At 19.99 the very few things that annoy me I can totally overlook. I would say this game is worth 60 dollars.

I still have FEAR 2 in shrink wrap and I guess I will get to it next lol. I woke up intending to play it but something told me to play Dead Space first.

Not really a deal, but Six Flags has 6 Wii Sports Resort for demo, also - they give away Wii Prizes(including games, consoles, and wii fit's) daily.

Picked up dead space for PS3 at fenton gamecrazy for 14.99 used. They had at least 1 360 used copy for same price. Sealed for both systems at 19.99

I was on the hunt for Target Body wash.. .20 cents off and all the stores sold out wtf? but anyway I ventured to the Target on 94 and Mid Rivers Mall Dr. and there was about 10 of Smackdown VS RAW 2009 for 12.48 if anyone wants it. It also had a Ninja Blade for 19.98 and 50 cent blood on the sand for 29.98. all XBOX 360

kezmer-
next time you come into the w. flo game crazy, look for me and let me know you are a cag. I'm the only short white guy who works there. names alex :)

hey Mylor

I will do! I go up there once in a while after work in Florissant. It was a skinny black guy last week, he was really nice and helpful. I am pretty new to GC I really didn't know one was so close until a few months ago, but they definatley have much better used game prices than gamestop. I just have to get through deadspace and fear 2 to need a new game lol

When prices are dropped like that at target are they only for the STL region? I live in St. James so it is closest for me to either go to Jeff City or Fenton area to find a target. I'd like to have this info before hand so I can know what to look for before I trek out.

Kirkwood Target nothing special. Left everything there

2 riddick 41.98 360
1 burnout paradise gh ps3 13.98
2 endwar bundles ps3 41.xx
several guitar hero ps2 games 13.98
several copies of a wii amf bowling game 9.98
1 gba spyro game. price?

thats the lowest Ive seen that game it's 29.98 or more everywhere else.

These are Clearance games, all stores not only seem to have a different selection but also have different prices depending on the store. totally YMMV kind of deals

Interesting prices for 50 Cent. The Target in Kirkwood(On Lindbergh/ Kirkwood Rd.) is selling it for $41. They also have about 7 PS3 Endwar bundles for $41, one NHL 09 (360) $41, 1 Riddick (360) for $41 and some other crap not really worth listing

Went and checked this morning still no drops on Endwar (still 45) or Riddick (still 30) at either of the stores at Town and Country and Chesterfield Valley.

This is going back to last Thursday but the Target near Chippewa and Hampton had about 7-8 copies of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for PS3 for $41.98. I'd imagine most are still there if anyone in the area wants to check for drops. I've been looking for 50 cent but the stores I've went to still had it for $29.98.

Also, if anyone gets word of restocks for the used game sale at Hollywood Video, post up. :D

What HWV have you been checking? I didn't grow up in the city, so I just know the Florissant/Ferguson area, and the HWV here is connected to Game Crazy, so no good, cheap games for us.
I checked the one on the Rock Rd. and it had nothing.

[quote name='myl0r']What HWV have you been checking? I didn't grow up in the city, so I just know the Florissant/Ferguson area, and the HWV here is connected to Game Crazy, so no good, cheap games for us.
I checked the one on the Rock Rd. and it had nothing.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Rock Road 3 times (closest to me), Fifth St. in St. Charles 3 times and both Loughborough and Chippewa in the city once each. Ended up with 15 games so I didn't do too badly. The manager at Fifth St. said he was getting a restock but when I went out there Friday night, they had a bunch of cheap new games where the used games were the day before. The used games were on the other side of the rack and there was nothing new. Loughborough had some ok stuff left but I don't know if it's worth a drive from Florissant.

well considering i have a huge backlog and i can't even play my consoles for a month while we are moving, i don't need it i guess. thanks though.

Hey guys! I just came from Sam's Club in O'Fallon, IL where I picked up :ps3:Resistance 2: Collector's Edition ($25.81) and :ps3:Silent Hill: Homecoming ($12.81). There was one copy of each left. I felt very lucky, considering those were 2 of the 3 games I've been wanting to get.

For those curious, the BB in Manchester (the new one) had the following:
1 copy of PS3 LE Blazblue for $60 (I got the next to last one on the shelf)
1 copy each of PS360 RE5 LE for $60
1 copy of SF4 360 LE for $80
4 copies of SR2 CE for $40

They apparently weren't doing the LE discount some other places are, just went there to get a copy of PS3 Blazblue.

[quote name='Killbomb']If anybody wants 50 Cent:BOTS for 360, the Bridgeton Target has 3 or 4 copies left for $14.98[/QUOTE]

thanks I will be heading there at 8 am lol when they open!

Just wanted to let people know there are 2 left at Target and the boxes are each broken on one side or the other. still might be worth a shot at 14.98

[quote name='Kezmer']Just wanted to let people know there are 2 left at Target and the boxes are each broken on one side or the other. still might be worth a shot at 14.98[/QUOTE]

My case has a few dings on the back but nothing major. The game still plays perfectly. Anyway, it's a pretty fun game for $15 even though I strongly dislike rap music. Thankfully you can turn off the songs and just have instrumental beats play for the background music. I do have to agree with IGN about the worst attack chopper sound effects of all time. I don't think I've heard a more ear grating sound in a game.

Also, I believe Legends of Wrestlemania and Bionic Commando are due for clearance soon. Their labels in the glass case now have an NCF on them which usually means clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I would have still bought it if the case was cracked, for 15 bucks I cant complain, It is pretty fun for a game I really wasn't sure about. The cursing is a riot, but killing the choppers is such a pain in the ass I must say..

i gotta stop by that Target after work....they must not change prices on Monday bc I scanned 50 Cent late Monday afternoon and it was still 27.98.....keeping fingers crossed!

i hope you get one it was definitely 14.98 yesterday with 2 copies left. It is not by the games but by the DVD's on the end of an aisle that has a clearance sign on it. Kind of hard to find if you are normally looking for games.

Worth way more than 15 bucks so far from what I have played. 40 original 50 cent tracks to listen too also on the disk. ( i mean by original, original cuts, not actual songs made for the game, didn't want to confuse)

Last edited by a moderator:
I copped one of the last 2.....thanks Kezmer! As far as the location of the clearance section, i remember when they pulled that sneaky shit! I go in that Target at least once a week, always on Monday afternoons. Anyway, it used 2 be in that last aisle to the right of the register/ camera pod. Kinda pissed me off when i saw a TV there one day. I figured it would be by the DVDs, the bastards! I'm convinced they think i'm stealing bc i walk pretty fast, straight 2 that endcap, almost always leaving with nothing. i would if i was in their shoes. lol I'm waiting for the day when they beat me down in the back and one security guy says to the other. " Sprinkle some crack on him and let's get outta here!"

yeah i feel the same way lol, I usually do a Target raid once every couple weeks to see what new things they put on clearance, I can hit Rock Road St Peters and Mid Rivers Mall and 94 in under an hour now. I just go right for the clearance and walk right out. I know I've seen quite a few Riddick's at 29.98 and I am trying to grab one of them for 15 bucks if I get lucky.

Don't forget to post if you guys discover any goodies in your travels. :D I'll probably hit the Brentwood Target later today so I'll post back if they have any worthwhile deals. I hate the way they've remodeled that store by the way. They didn't even have a dedicated game clearance endcap last time I was in there.

yeah ive avoided Brentwood target for that reason, they did have GH 3 for 360 for 7.48 last time I was there but that was the only thing worth mentioning. I will put it back in my rotation once they get done remodeling it lol

Even though I work right across the street I never go into the Florissant Target. You should not waste the gas either. I just happened to stop in after getting coffee and looked and there was basically nothing on clearance. Might have been 1 PS3 game that was down to 20 bucks but I am sure that is MSRP anywhere else.

Save your gas going to this one for now

Ps3 endwar with headset $22.48 x 3
ps3 motorstorm-pr 29.98 x 3
ps3 motorstorm 14.98 x 2
ps2 star wars - force unleashed 9.98 x 7
360 riddick still 41.98 wtf

list as of 2:30 p.m.

Bridgeton Target clearances off the top of my head as of around 4pm today:

:360: HAWX $14.98 4 or 5 copies
:360: Tomb Raider Anniversary $13.98 1 copy
:360: Legends of Wrestlemania $41.98 2 copies
:ps3: Bionic Commando $41.98 2 copies
PC-Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena $9.98 1 copy
:wii: Madworld $20.98 3 or 4 copies
:ps3: Lord of the Rings Conquest $20.98...if I remember correctly 2 copies
:360: Wanted $34.98 1 copy
:ps3: Wanted $34.98 3 or 4 copies

I hope LoW and Wanted stick around til they hit $14.98. :D They have a new clearance spot for games. It's facing the back wall near the electronics counter. Also, Call of Juarez 2 is a temporary price drop to $39.99 for this week only.

Killbomb, thanks for the info about the Bridgeton store. I stopped there to pick up a copy of HAWX, and there were 5+ copies after I picked mine up. Everything else was as you listed.

Well, there should also be a copy of FEAR 2 there sometime after this morning, as I returned it there, and it was $12.48 when I returned it.

The South County Super Wal-Mart (the one on Telegraph) is having a Madden 2010 tournament starting at 5 p.m. on Thursday. They told me it was free to enter and first prize was probably going to be a gift card and copy of the game.

As of 6 p.m., the Fenton Target had the following at $7.48:
2 copies of 50 Cent for 360
1 copies of NBA 09: The Inside for PSP
16 copies of NCAA Football 09

I took the last copy of Riddick at $14.98 and there were some Iron Man for 360 out there also. Some clearance was still in the glass cases, but those were pretty much games at their first clearance drop of 41.98.

as of noon today the Florissant Target also had about 5 copies of HAWX for 14.98 for 360. I didnt buy it since I dont care about that type of game, also was 2 copies of sonic the hedgehog for 13.98, but I am not sure it is even worth that

[quote name='Kezmer']as of noon today the Florissant Target also had about 5 copies of HAWX for 14.98 for 360. I didnt buy it since I dont care about that type of game, also was 2 copies of sonic the hedgehog for 13.98, but I am not sure it is even worth that[/QUOTE]

I hear you about HAWX. I went back to Bridgeton yesterday to get a phone card and they still had 4 copies of the game left at $14.98. I will pick it up though if it drops again to $7.xx.

The copies of Wanted and Legends of Wrestlemania were gone. :cry: So much for getting those for $14.98 at Bridgeton at least.

bread's done
Back