St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Any luck with PMing TRU's ad at Best Buy? I got 3 games from TRU this morning, thought my PS3 was shot, went and bought a Slim at Crestwood Best Buy along with :360: Magna Carta 2 only to get home and discover my PS3 is now working again. This is great of course but now that I can return the Slim, I wouldn't mind getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and LBP:GOTY to go along with MC2.

Was going to try PM TRU at BB today or tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it went.

UPDATE: Went to BB in Crestwood and was able to pricematch. I went up to customer service and asked. She said she was going to call TRU to see if they had games in stock. She never did though. She got so busy with customers behind me she didn't have time. She got the manager override and off i went.So maybe I had luck on my side, who knows.

Picked up Brutal Legend 360with free Rock Band tracks
Batman Arkham Asylum PS3
Uncharted 2
They adjusted receipt and only charged me a .01 for Uncharted 2. Give it a try!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably wouldn't be worth it to try at Crestwood for me then. TRU doesn't carry Sigma 2 so if they would call I would be screwed. Thanks for the info.

Give it a try when they are busier in the evening. Other people could have called for her but didn't. There was plenty of help. Cant hurt. Never try Fenton though. They never budge on anything it seems.

valley Target has 2 copies of Fable 2 for 20.98 and GH Metallica is on clearance also but at 41.98 Prices falling weekly !

[quote name='Kezmer']valley Target has 2 copies of Fable 2 for 20.98 and GH Metallica is on clearance also but at 41.98 Prices falling weekly ![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check my Targets for GH:Metallica. Been waiting for that one to clearance. It's the only recent music game I've been interested in but I refused to pay full price for it.

yeah I would like it also, no copies on clearance at rock rd or florissant. Rock Rd really had nothing I took the 360 rock band guitar for 15 bucks just to have a 4th for GH 5.

[quote name='shrike4242']Chesterfield BB is close to a TRU, with the TRU being on Clarkson/Olive & 40 and the BB being in Chesterfield Valley.

Bridgeton BB is semi-close to a TRU, with the TRU being at West Florissant and the BB being on St. Charles Rock Road.

Mid Rivers BB is close to a TRU, with the TRU and BB both being out by Mid Rivers Mall.

South County BB on S. Lindbergh is close to two TRU's, one on S. Lindbergh and one on Watson in Crestwood.

Fenton BB at Gravois Bluffs and Watson BB in Crestwood are close to the same TRU's as the South County BB.

Fairview Heights BB is close to the TRU in Fairview Heights TRU.

Rest of the BB's are a bit of a drive from a TRU.

And that was all pulled from memory, sadly enough. :D Well, I do have the address/phone # for all the BB's and TRU's in the area on my PDA. ;)[/QUOTE]

The Crestwood BB and Sunset Hills TRU are extremely close.

Anyone want to go in on the BB buy 2 get 1 deal. The only game I can think of right now that I need is Borderlands, and for $40(after discount), the price is right. Let me know.

Went to Brentwood Target earlier and they had stacks of :ps2: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for $4.98. I recalled it getting not so great reviews but I like Indy so I thought it worth a shot for $5. Also saw...

:360: Bigs 2 $19.98 1 copy
:360: GH: Metallica $41.98 3 or 4 copies
:360: X-Men Origins Wolverine $41.98 (I believe) 3 or 4 copies

Saw this thread and thought I'd drop in a comment. Any other Edwardsville, IL gamers out there? Any fellow SIUE students?

Old news here, but when TRU was doing the B2G1 free deal, NONE of them had Fallout 3 GOTY. Went to Brentwood Best Buy who PM"d it, even without an ad or print out. Had to get re-routed to customer service but it went through no problem.

Anyone see any cheap PSP system lying about lately? MSU posted a deal at TRU in Chesterfield a couple weeks back, but if anyone has seen any a bit more recently PM me.

Thanks for the Target updates Killbomb!

Picked up the last rock band bundle at the fenton location this past thursday. Check other wal-marts around the area. Comes with rock band game and a 4gb pro duo memory stick. Not a bad deal since the 3000 core alone is already 169.99 without any games. Also check the ratchet and clank bundle . I thought someone posted that bundle was also 139.99. Happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took my lunch and hit up TRU in Chesterfield. All the clearance 2000 PSP units( all 2 of them, per MSU H-man) were gone. Was a long shot I know.

Anyone sees these again this low, PM me.

Thanks.

Hey guys. I was at the Florissant store last night and picked up Fable II (14.98) and Mass Effect (13.98). I was also able to use the $10 off coupon (found in the deals forum...buy 2 get $10 off). Both games for $20. They still had 1 copy each if anyone else is interested.

The new MicroCenter store in Brentwood had 3 month Xbox Live cards for 9.99, also 1600 point cards for 12.99 and 4000 point cards for 39.99. 3 1600 cars seem to be a good deal there. also had refurbished 360 controllers for 24.99

Brentwood target also had Red Faction Guerrilla in the case locked up for 19.98

:shock:

Holy crap. We have a MicroCenter out here?

Highway 40 re-opening can't get here quick enough if we have one of those out there.

i got a coupon for a free 4gb flash drive or sdhc card from microcenter in the mail yesterday. im cashing that in as well as picking up a 1600 point card. Ah, another place for deals...

Yeah I have to say It is a really nice store. I never got the coupon for the free 4GB flash drive but maybe it will show up in the mailbox.

I grabbed a 100 pack of dvd -R's for 20 bucks and a pack of 50 large cd holders for 12.99. I havent seen any deals on them since CompUSA closed.

I also grabbed a few free MicroCenter Coffee mugs on the way out lol. The manager said take a few so I did.

I might make a trip back down for some 1600 point cards, they had a TON of them. they are the old ones in the bubble package.

Now that we have a MicroCenter out here, maybe we'll be getting a Fry's before too long. :lol:

I'll have to swing out there sometime soon and see what it looks like. Would be nice to be able to pick up some of their deals in-store when they're OOS on the website.

yes we can hope for a Fry's someday but at least Microcenter gives Best Buy some competition. In the back they have a massive board showing their prices on computer things vs. newegg.com I like seeing that !

Maybe we can some day get a Microcenter or a Fry's on the IL side. Only comp best buy has here is Ultamite Electronics and American. American sucks and will rip you off as soon as you walk in the door. Bad thing is they are full of former Circuit City and Ultamite Electronics employees. Ultamite Electronics is not what it was in the past and only has the larger items like washers, dryers and home theater gear.

I was at the Big Lots near MidRiver Mall yesterday and they still had a decent selection of the most recent refresh of PC games if anybody is interested. I picked up the collector's edition of Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway for $6. There's a thread in the deals forums where PCGirl is updating what closeouts are going where.

[quote name='Kezmer']The new MicroCenter store in Brentwood had 3 month Xbox Live cards for 9.99, also 1600 point cards for 12.99 and 4000 point cards for 39.99. 3 1600 cars seem to be a good deal there. also had refurbished 360 controllers for 24.99

Brentwood target also had Red Faction Guerrilla in the case locked up for 19.98[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Probably head down there tomorrow and grab a 1600 point card or two. Does Micro Center run weekly ads?

hey killbomb i stopped by Micro Center earlier. the ad i have is good from 11/16 - 12/6. i did pick up one of the 1600 point cards. they have a bin full of them in the gaming section in back. im going back this week for a couple more. that store is noyce....real noyce! lotta great stuf, lotta stuff that makes u go, wtf

Yeah I want to go back Friday on my day off, it was too much to handle in one day I think lol. There was a lot of things I looked at like what the hell is that and who would buy it?

I am not all to crazy about them having mail in rebates on items, but like CC I will just avoid buying anything with them unless it is insane.

Also Being a mailman I Delivered tons of the coupons for the free flash drive or SDHC card today. I don't know what mailing list they are using for them, I had at least 10 I couldn't deliver and had to send back due to people who got them that have been deceased for over 5 years.

Also,
Manchester Target has tons of complete GH WT band sets and wireless GH WT drum kits on clearance for PS3 and Wii.

The Manchester BB also has the Rock Band Unplugged PSP bundle for $170, same price as a core system. Not as good a deal as Walmart had, but you're getting one of the best PSP games this year, a memory stick, and a movie all for free essentially.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How would you get to Microcenter from South County before 40 opens up fully in Dec.?[/QUOTE]

Go to microcenter.com and click on the store locations tab located at the top. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Brentwood location. It will ask u for ur address and show u the best way. Probably going down laclede station road would be ur best bet to head that way.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How would you get to Microcenter from South County before 40 opens up fully in Dec.?[/QUOTE]270 N to 44 East to Laclede St. Road. Head north until you end up on Eager Rd. Should be over by Target, if I'm remembering where out that way it is.

If you are coming from Illinois you can get off downtown and get on market and forest park parkway, it will take you right to Brentwood or 170 (whichever way you prefer) It gets a little congested during rush hour but its not bad at any other time of the day

I don't know if the Hanley overpass is done over 40? last time I hit up that Brentwood BB it was a nightmare of traffic driving around the back of the stores to get to Hanley. Hopefully it is open now and back to normal though.

Holy cow, I did not realize we had Microcenter in Missouri now! And if it's really in the center with the Greatland Target, that is right on my way home from work. Awesome!

yeah I would just take Market st continue on the parkway to Brentwood or 170 down to eager and straight across if I was heading that way

[quote name='braves22']What about from Telegraph in SC?

Sounds like a good deal if I can figure how to get out there...[/QUOTE]

I would go the same way Shrike mentioned - 270 N to 44 East to Laclede St. Road. Head north until you end up on Eager Rd. I would avoid the area at rush hour if possible, though. Traffic can get pretty stupid.

I checked out Microcenter yesterday and it's pretty cool. Got a 1600 points card for $12.99. They have used games too - not the greatest selection ever, but definitely not bad.

[quote name='gamegirl79'] I would avoid the area at rush hour if possible, though. Traffic can get pretty stupid.
[/QUOTE]

No kidding. If it's between like 3-7, just stay home.

Microcenter is a pretty awesome store. Think NewEgg, but in store form. I picked up NCAA08 Basketball (It might be 09) for $3.99 and four 1600 point cards. And a free coffee mug.

take as many mugs as you want!!! that is what the manager told me lol, I wont need a coffee mug for work for 20 years now I have so many

the guy that checked me out told me they ordered 30,000 mugs and the shipment was lost(?) so they ordered another 30,000. Meanwhile, the first shipment shows up, and POOF! Too many damn mugs! I took 2, but they can't compare to my Office Space mug!

I wouldnt even risk bringing such a nice mug into the post office. if its not nailed down its stolen. these MicroCenters are perfect though lol I wont be upset if they disappear

[quote name='MSUHitman']If anyone is looking for The Sims 3, the Fenton, MO Goodwill had it in the case at the register for $19.[/QUOTE]

U missed the Call of Duty - MW2 for $20 for 360 there the other day. Target sent it in as a salvage item. Took it home and worked no problem. It will never be that price for at least two years or more.

bread's done
Back