St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

[quote name='mtxbass1']Man, if that wasn't 42 miles away, one way, I'd go down there and check him out. It's just too far for me to drive for the off chance that he'd have something.[/QUOTE]

He sells games through his website www.bodachsgames.com but he's not the most computer-savvy person and doesn't always update. You could call him and he'd gladly sell them to you over the phone or on the website.

If anyone is trying to pick up PS All Stars Battle Royale for PS3 from Target while it's on a TPC at $30, it's been a bit spotty at best in finding copies. Bridgeton Target didn't have it on Monday though they had a single copy show up on Tuesday (which I picked up). Would be worth calling the store before going out there, just to be safe.

Same goes for trying to find Up 3D Blu-Ray combo pack which is also TPC'd down to $24.99.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Very nice. Thanks for this. That theater must not be doing so hot.[/QUOTE]It's their newest theater in the area and its big attraction is a huge IMAX-type screen. It's not am IMAX theater though, as it's a "Mega 3D" screen.

It's out Highway 40 at the end of Chesterfield Valley.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's their newest theater in the area and its big attraction is a huge IMAX-type screen. It's not am IMAX theater though, as it's a "Mega 3D" screen.

It's out Highway 40 at the end of Chesterfield Valley.[/QUOTE]

I'm out in Dardenne Prairie, so it's somewhat close by-ish. We always head over to ones that are much closer though.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's their newest theater in the area and its big attraction is a huge IMAX-type screen. It's not am IMAX theater though, as it's a "Mega 3D" screen.

It's out Highway 40 at the end of Chesterfield Valley.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that theatre has been there for at least 7 or 8 years, I saw several summer movies over there b/c my friends wanted to see it on the Mega Screen.

Why now has business plummeted there? Ronnie's is always packed.

Shameless plug here but if you're wanting to play tabletop TCG's in St. Louis County I would highly recommend Yeti Gaming by Crestwood Mall in the Shop and Save strip section. Prices below MSRP on a lot of things with mostly friendly people. They are going through some growing pains with their Magic player base blowing up (mainly from my group) but lots of room there and the owner is a playmat FREAK and will buy any of the official ones, especially cool VS System ones.

https://www.facebook.com/YetiGaming?fref=ts

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but that theatre has been there for at least 7 or 8 years, I saw several summer movies over there b/c my friends wanted to see it on the Mega Screen.

Why now has business plummeted there? Ronnie's is always packed.[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, I'd say because of it's location. It's far enough out at Boone's Crossing that a smaller amount of people will head out that way. If you're in O Fallon or DP, you have two theaters right near I-64, or you have one at Mid Rivers.

The St Peters Big Lots has World of Warcraft for $5. WoW is free-to-play, but this would let you play past level 20 up to Wrath of the Lich King.

Repost of my story in the deals forum on getting Tomb Raider/Wreck It Ralph from Fenton Target:

"OK sorry been out all day and went to see Lindsey Stirling tonight so here was my experience in Fenton, MO (suburb of St. Louis.)

Got to Target just after 10 a.m. and went to Electronics with my preorder card & receipt. Asked to pick up my preorder copy and worker opens up the new release plastic prison display to get a Steelbook from it. Ask why they weren't held aside as I had heard they were very limited and was told they had plenty more in the back and he just didn't want me to have to wait for him to find the others, so take that how you will. Checkout was painless and I was immediately able to do a 2nd transaction with the $5 gift card and Disney Rewards/Scott Towels $7 off coupon to get Wreck It Ralph Blu-Ray for $8 plus tax.

Doing a quick check of the floor there seemed to be about 6 copies of both systems in the new release plastic prison display (one of each system of course in the Jaws of Bending) then looked around the regular sections of the plastic prison and saw one more of each copy in Jaws of Bending on their respective sides. So as of 10:30 a.m. they had 5 of each system on the floor in mint condition and 2 of each system that may be damaged.

The hotter seller of the day there was Wreck It Ralph as Target has the best price on it at B&M. As I walked back to Electronics I picked up the only remaining Blu-Ray copy on the front register shelves and when I went back to the Movies section in Electronics, there were only 3 more Blu-Ray and 1 3D Blu-Ray left on the floor. Didn't ask if they had more in the back or not."

I ended up picking up the only 360 SB Tomb Raider that South County Target had yesterday around 9:15AM. They had to remove it from the display case at the end of where they store their games now.

I didn't know if they held any back from pre-orders, though it was the only 360 one they had. They had a few PS3 versions yesterday morning as well, though just that 360 one.

Fenton BB has about 6 or 7 of the $7 Halo 4 CE strat guides left. AC 3 CE guides were all gone. Most of the other clearance stuff seems to be gone as well but I didn't look closely as it was all PS3, Vita, and 3DS stuff. If anyone wants me to check something specific I can.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Fenton BB has about 6 or 7 of the $7 Halo 4 CE strat guides left. AC 3 CE guides were all gone. Most of the other clearance stuff seems to be gone as well but I didn't look closely as it was all PS3, Vita, and 3DS stuff. If anyone wants me to check something specific I can.[/QUOTE]

Picked up the last AC 3 guide at the Brentwood Best Buy today. Had about 8 Halo 4 guides left.

Anyone in the rolla, ft Leonard wood, Salem, licking, Houston area.. Would you want a local game store, that gives you at least half of the value for your game trade ins? I called GameStop and they wanted to give me 1/4 of the value they sell the same exact games for. I may open a store, but I would need at least $2000 a month in sales, before I would consider opening..

I might be moving to Ava (an hour away from Licking). I would be interested in having a used game store somewhere reasonably close. However, I don't like trading my games and I really prefer buying used games for older system (NES-PS2) as opposed to recent releases which I prefer to buy new.

Best of luck if you decide to do it!

FYI just about every GS in STL is sold out of physical Luigi's Mansion. The stores that still have copies are holding them for preorders even though it's been a week since release.

Really damn, I was thinking about heading down to the St. John one tomorrow since the site says they are in stock and I have a $15 credit.

[quote name='Erad30']Really damn, I was thinking about heading down to the St. John one tomorrow since the site says they are in stock and I have a $15 credit.[/QUOTE]

St. John is way out of the normal area I'm at so they might have it, but beware even if they do they may be holding it for a preorder. Depending on how much you want to complain, you could get it since they're not supposed to be holding it anymore.

no one really goes to the St. John's store. off the rock orad by ritneour. It was the only Gamestop I could get a pre order of the 360 slim the day it came out

Fenton GS was resupplied with Luigi today so maybe things will improve, but Fenton also sold all of their stock instead of holding for preorders after 48 hours were up so it may be scarce in other parts of the city.

Quite a few stores in the west county area still have hard to finds avail for the 3ds. Luigi's and mh3ds and fire emblem to say the least. I know vstock had a few of each in stock and they usually offer some very competitive trade in values for games... Was able to trade in 3 copies of prototype 2 I got from the best buy deal at 4.99 for 15$ a piece. Basically got Luigi's for free. Also yes (/shame) I waited on blizzard day for a 3ds pikachu at target. But it was worth it they only had 3 and as I was checking out no less than 6 people had already popped in a bit late hoping to snag one of their own to no avail.

yeah it's close to me also so I hit that one up a lot too. I work by the Florissant store but it's a damn zoo in there. usually takes 30 minutes just to check out. I can drive to the st. john's store buy what I want and be home before id get checked out at Florissant

Just wanted to point out. Last time I was in vstock at the chesterfield mall it was being run by 5 girls all with red hair and most were reasonably attractive. Gotta give it to my friend who actually pointed it out, I didn't. but it did freak me out a bit once I realized how uniform the the situation really was. They want our souls!!! Hahaha I haven't had any issues with returns from them but haven't had to return anything so... Here's hoping when I get dark arisen with my in store credit for ps3 it works (/fingers crossed).

I probably would overall prefer to shop at V-Stock since you can trade in lots of stuff besides games (dumped off a bunch of worthless comics once at the midrivers one to get uncharted 3) but since I don't drive it's quite a hassle to get down there on any kind of regular basis, it's like 2 hours by bus to go to the chesterfield mall and then there's really no way to get to midrivers from here without a car.

[quote name='Kezmer']yeah it's close to me also so I hit that one up a lot too. I work by the Florissant store but it's a damn zoo in there. usually takes 30 minutes just to check out. I can drive to the st. john's store buy what I want and be home before id get checked out at Florissant[/QUOTE]

Florissant GS is No. 1 in sales volume in St. Louis, Fenton is 2nd. Thank god the GS "idea" of having the high volume stores be 24-hours ended. I'm sure the Florissant staff is happy also (they had to do it for several months.)

[quote name='Erad30']I probably would overall prefer to shop at V-Stock since you can trade in lots of stuff besides games (dumped off a bunch of worthless comics once at the midrivers one to get uncharted 3) but since I don't drive it's quite a hassle to get down there on any kind of regular basis, it's like 2 hours by bus to go to the chesterfield mall and then there's really no way to get to midrivers from here without a car.[/QUOTE]

How much did you get per comic? Would rather get rid of my comics to the local shop here on Telegraph but if they won't take it V-Stock it is. It's all recent Marvel/DC stuff from 04-09, is anything from that era worth anything?

Hard to say almost all mine were 90s comics which I got maybe 10 cents a copy for because they already had so many. I didn't really care I just wanted to get rid of them, if you are looking to make money they aren't the place to go it's mainly a good way to unload stuff.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Florissant GS is No. 1 in sales volume in St. Louis, Fenton is 2nd. Thank god the GS "idea" of having the high volume stores be 24-hours ended. I'm sure the Florissant staff is happy also (they had to do it for several months.)[/QUOTE]

Say what!! I would have gone in once at 4AM just for kicks. The staff probably would have hated me though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Also is everyone ok? I heard Hazelwood got hit with a tornado.[/QUOTE]
We got a few minutes of hard rain and that was it. Of course my wife made me stop playing BioShock so we could watch weather bulletins on TV for two hours. :wall:

Tornado missed my house by half a block. I live on Ville Cecelia in Florissant. Ville Gloria ends right at my house and the whole street was missing most or all of their roof and shingles. We were in Las Vegas all week while it hit so I wasn't home, but I drove down Howdershell to go to the bank today and it looked like a bomb went off. Hard to believe all that damage can happen so quick until you see it for yourself.

So there was a tornado that touched down? All I kept hearing was high winds that were uprooting trees, but not an actual tornado. Guess I didn't pay attention to the local news enough to really know for certain I guess.

I don't know why, but tornadoes don't really phase me. I was outside staring at the one that touched down by Lindbergh and Page 15 years ago or so. Poor Carol House Furniture.

[quote name='Draekon']So there was a tornado that touched down? All I kept hearing was high winds that were uprooting trees, but not an actual tornado. Guess I didn't pay attention to the local news enough to really know for certain I guess.

I don't know why, but tornadoes don't really phase me. I was outside staring at the one that touched down by Lindbergh and Page 15 years ago or so. Poor Carol House Furniture.[/QUOTE]

I think this one was classified as an F1.

Surveyed the damage out here and we got more than I thought. The top of a tree got ripped off (10x5 chunk), and a 30 foot down spout I have fell off the house and subsequently got mangled to hell. Yay.

Had wind lots of wind out here in Wildwood. About 30-40 seconds of 60-70mph sustained winds. Had my rear in the back of the basement but it sounded like a freight train was flying around the house. Then it was fine immediately after. Surprisingly little tree damage. I guess the trees have just had enough time to warm their sap up and stay flexible enough. A week ago and I think I'd be looking out the back deck to a frozen warzone.

bread's done
Back