STALKER shadow of Chernobyl

[quote name='darthbudge']I am pretty sure it is not static because GRAW and R6V all work just fine with the RAM. I think what I will do is backup my save games and reinstall and see if that works. If it does great, if not I will try the patch and see if that works, if it doesn't I will go frackin insane.

Also kinda off subject but when I look in my BIOS settings it still has my RAM running at 533MHz instead of the 800MHz it should be. Does anyone know how to correct this?[/quote]

is the voltage manually defined, or auto, and are you using the new memory exclusively or matching it with your old chips??

[quote name='darthbudge']Hmm I don't remember about the voltage, I will look into that. But no I am not using my old chips, just my new ones.[/quote]

I would also check to see if your bios allows you to manually define the speed for your memory.. Maybe you can set it to 800Mhz.

No unfortunately it doesn't, I have already checked that. The stupid Dell BIOS doesn't want you screwing around with things. I am looking for BIOS updates but I am kinda scared to do one cause I don't want to screw things up.

[quote name='darthbudge']No unfortunately it doesn't, I have already checked that. The stupid Dell BIOS doesn't want you screwing around with things. I am looking for BIOS updates but I am kinda scared to do one cause I don't want to screw things up.[/quote]

I have updated mine about 2 times in the last 4 years and have never had a problem, they make it simple. Just follow the directions on the mobo website and you shouldnt have a problem.

I didn't start playing until after the patch came out and I've yet to crash a single time. This game runs flawlessly, I never drop below 40fps and even though that's a somewhat low minimum there's still no hiccups.

Alright everyone, after reinstalling my game works fine. In Fact with my new RAM I am able to run high settings with Full Dynamic Lighting, Which is awesome. The game looks SOOOOO much better with full dynamic lighting.

We should all play online sometime, I love the multiplayer for some reason. The maps are just kind naturally laid out, there's not really any strategic imbalance to the game like Counter-strike's maps or something.

So is anyone still Playing this game? I still haven't finished the game yet cause I was about to go into Pripyat and for some reason it started getting glitchy, so I decided to Backup my saves and then install the new patch and some Mods for it and start over.

PS: Has anyone installed any mods? If so please say which ones and what you think of them.

I likely wont install any mods until the SDK is out. ive played around with the scripts though ,and tried 'unlocking' the A-life in the game by taking out the scripts that the NPCs have, but it breaks the game in several ways and makes it impossible to play the story.

Yeah I haven't tried modding it myself any yet, once the SDK comes I will though.

Once the SDK comes out we should start a CAG modding team and create a mod.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I have a 2.4 p4 so I doubt that it would run decent. Everything else is pretty good though (x800xt, 1.75 gigs of ram, etc).[/QUOTE]
It should run ok.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Publisher: THQ
Developer: GSC Game World

Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 2.0 GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 5.5 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (Radeon 9600/GeForce 5700+)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO Processor
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 5.5 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (Radeon 1950/GeForce 7900)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Never mind. I figured it out.

My game was mysteriously glitched the first time I played it, and it wouldn't allow waypoints.

So how many people actually finished this game? I got all the way to the Red Forest and then the glitches started coming out like crazy so I installed the patch and just never got around to finishing it. I want to try and finish it though before Bioshock comes out.

I finished it. I really, really enjoyed the last 1/4th of the game or so. The pacing picked up and you really felt like you were participating in something huge.

/Stoppingbeforespoilers.

So anybody still play this game? I recently picked it back up because I really want to finish it before Clear Skies comes out.

I think this might be my canidate for PC game of year, mostly because it was an extremely unique concept that was done really well.

I've got the game but I've been waiting to build a new computer before I play it. Those lighting effects simply don't work on my current "computer", but they're so damn pretty that I won't play STALKER without them.

But I'm excited to try this. It seems a lot like Deus Ex in the best way possible. The first Deus Ex, that is.

Hopefully Clear Sky will end up being good. It musta been in production for a while before the first game was done...

[quote name='Chacrana']I've got the game but I've been waiting to build a new computer before I play it. Those lighting effects simply don't work on my current "computer", but they're so damn pretty that I won't play STALKER without them.

But I'm excited to try this. It seems a lot like Deus Ex in the best way possible. The first Deus Ex, that is.

Hopefully Clear Sky will end up being good. It musta been in production for a while before the first game was done...[/quote]

What is your current rig's specs?

[quote name='Chacrana']I've got the game but I've been waiting to build a new computer before I play it. Those lighting effects simply don't work on my current "computer", but they're so damn pretty that I won't play STALKER without them.

Hopefully Clear Sky will end up being good. It musta been in production for a while before the first game was done...[/QUOTE]

Same. I picked this up when it was 75 percent off at Target. I really want to play it, but I am waiting until I throw together a new rig.

[quote name='darthbudge']What is your current rig's specs?[/QUOTE]

Athlon 64 4000+, 2GB ram, 7800GTX (256mb). Something's really fucked up though. Like, I can't even run Crysis' demo at the lowest settings and get 2-digit frame rates. Hell, even FEAR runs like shit now. I donno.

Not my problem in a week though.

yea I need a new rig fast as even though I turned down the graphics, everything looks from the 2001-2002 era :(

specs

P4-3ghz(single core)
2 gigs of ram
6800 gt 256 agp

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea I need a new rig fast as even though I turned down the graphics, everything looks from the 2001-2002 era :(

specs

P4-3ghz(single core)
2 gigs of ram
6800 gt 256 agp[/quote]

If you just spent like 80 bucks and got a 7600GT you would be in decent shape.

Yeah I have it, but my ram and monitor took a shit back near the end of october.

I just got my replacement ram and I am waiting on my replacement monitor.

Once I get the monitor back I will get back into STALKER...err I will play some STALKER after all these other new games (eg Crysis, The Witcher, Call of Duty 4) I have been meaning to play but couldn't since my PC was out of commission.

[quote name='darthbudge']If you just spent like 80 bucks and got a 7600GT you would be in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

this is a 3 year old system :( the video card I got in 2005.

when I upgrade, I am going all out, but not spending 400 bucks that I did for the 6800gt 2 years ago.

I've tried playing the game 3 times on two different systems and just can't get any decent performance. I'm just turned off at this point and have 0 interest.

First system was a OCd 4200 X2 with 2GB of ram and SLI 7800GTXs and the game churned and chugged.

Second time I tried with my C2D E6750, 4GB of ram and one 7800GTX. Still ran like crap.

Third time I tried with the same system and a 8800GTS and it STILL had horrible control lag even after patching and tweaking.

I'm just writing it off as a POS.

[quote name='Kayden']I've tried playing the game 3 times on two different systems and just can't get any decent performance. I'm just turned off at this point and have 0 interest.

First system was a OCd 4200 X2 with 2GB of ram and SLI 7800GTXs and the game churned and chugged.

Second time I tried with my C2D E6750, 4GB of ram and one 7800GTX. Still ran like crap.

Third time I tried with the same system and a 8800GTS and it STILL had horrible control lag even after patching and tweaking.

I'm just writing it off as a POS.[/quote]

Hmm I have a:

P4 3.6GHz Dual Core
2GB of RAM
7600GT
Windows Vista

With that system STALKER runs on Medium/High settings with no crashes or lag.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Most Targets have knocked this game down to $7.48, BTW.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I STILL don't have my new system so can't play it yet, but geez, $7.48 is awesome. It sounds cool to me (aside from the technical issues).

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Most Targets have knocked this game down to $7.48, BTW.[/QUOTE]

The magic price!

I picked up a copy today even with my tremendously limited computer knowledge. I've already installed the game but I've yet to run it to see what setting works alright on my setup.

Is there a demo anywhere? Just got a new pc, might not be top of the line but I can somehow run Crysis on medium settings (the demo anyways) and UT3 at pretty high settings. Sure beats my old 9+ year old computer

Current specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30 GHZ
3 gig DDR2 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB
Vista 32 Bit

According to the Vista index the video card is the weakest, followed by my processor but still highly rated. I didn't want to spend $200+ on a video card so I got something sub $100.

Normally I would download a demo but I can't find one anywhere.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Is there a demo anywhere? Just got a new pc, might not be top of the line but I can somehow run Crysis on medium settings (the demo anyways) and UT3 at pretty high settings. Sure beats my old 9+ year old computer

Current specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30 GHZ
3 gig DDR2 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB
Vista 32 Bit

According to the Vista index the video card is the weakest, followed by my processor but still highly rated. I didn't want to spend $200+ on a video card so I got something sub $100.

Normally I would download a demo but I can't find one anywhere.[/quote]

If you can run Crysis, you can run STALKER, however that video card is still really weak.

[quote name='darthbudge']If you can run Crysis, you can run STALKER, however that video card is still really weak.[/QUOTE]

I can run Crysis at around 30fps though on Medium settings. Call of Duty 4 runs near max, Unreal Tournament 3 good at lower settings so-so medium impossible high. I am going to wait for the current "high end cards" to drop sub $100 next year considering new cards will be out next year to. In order to upgrade my card I may also need a newer power supply since I'm only 425watts. I think the magic price point for video cards for me is $100 and of course the want to play a PC game as seemingly the PC game market is getting smaller each year.

I wasn't going to end up playing first person shooters outside of Condition Zero and this game considering I have a 360 and 90% of FPS's get ported to it. However, RTS and WOW are a different story. Regardless, looking forward to playing Stalker in the near future.

bread's done
Back