Stand by for Titanfall!

Too bad Activision owns the Transformers license otherwise this would be amazing.
This is why there is cross-licensing, so deals like this can be worked out.. but with a new Transformers game coming out for every active system, it will never happen. Not at the price it'd cost to make it happen.

This is why there is cross-licensing, so deals like this can be worked out.. but with a new Transformers game coming out for every active system, it will never happen. Not at the price it'd cost to make it happen.
Bandai will probably let the Gundam licensing be used...

Smaller audience but at least its something

Bandai will probably let the Gundam licensing be used...

Smaller audience but at least its something
Would love it. Shit, I'd love to see Evangelion or Escaflowne or .. well .. any mecha at all. Would even be OK with Southern Cross tanks in battloid-only mode. If only...

Which raises the question of why there are no swords or axes in this game.. a Titan should have a sword. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Respawn will see the reaction from the Optimus Prine thing and actually look into putting it out for real. It'd be too easy to make money off that NOT to do it.
I wish, that was the most cruelest joke ign -_-

Isn't Respawn gonna be revealing the first dlc really soon, it says spring for the first drop pod dlc

5 more days left til 360 version is supposed to release and still no gameplay footage?!?!?  Does that mean not even reviewers have a copy, or is there a gag order or something? 

5 more days left til 360 version is supposed to release and still no gameplay footage?!?!? Does that mean not even reviewers have a copy, or is there a gag order or something?
Titanfall ‏@Titanfallgame 16m
@tarradar That's correct! Titanfall for Xbox 360 will launch on April 8th for North America, starting April 11th for Europe.

Welp a eBay copy has been spotted. I'm most curious what this runs FPS wise on the 360. I'd expect 30FPS, if it runs more then prepare for a shit storm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titanfall-Xbox-360-2014-/261442597287

@tarradar That's correct! Titanfall for Xbox 360 will launch on April 8th for North America, starting April 11th for Europe.

Welp a eBay copy has been spotted. I'm most curious what this runs FPS wise on the 360. I'd expect 30FPS, if it runs more then prepare for a shit storm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titanfall-Xbox-360-2014-/261442597287
Good to hear that there isnt another delay.

I'm surprised there weren't more ebay copies, no doubt in my mind that the 360 copies have been sitting in the warehouses during the delays. I'm expecting a big day 1 patch.

Thanks for the update! I wonder if EA can force ebay to stop the auction. Lol.

If EA/whomever stopped the auction that would be silly. Respawn just said the servers won't be up till Tuesday (assuming late-late Monday) so the copy is basically useless outside of maybe a few hours before release.

If EA/whomever stopped the auction that would be silly. Respawn just said the servers won't be up till Tuesday (assuming late-late Monday) so the copy is basically useless outside of maybe a few hours before release.
You're right. The whole game is online only. So if servers don't start up til Tuesday, that means there probably won't be any reviews on the 360 version prior to Tuesday. Guess I'll wait til later in the week to pick it up then. Not spending $60 (well, technically, $40 after GCU and pre-order cert) if it ends up being crappy.

Xbox just posted a video on Youtube basically telling everyone what many of us here already know, servers, "the cloud" are king. I've experienced this with Forza 5 and Powerstar Golf as well, a true plus for Xbox One games imo-we'll see if this is also true on 360 when Titanfall 360 version finally releases on the 8th.

http://youtu.be/oRecfLUuVyA

Wow, do you feel ashamed when a Stryder jumps into you and pulls you out of an Ogre because you were outnumbered 2 to 1. Lol yeah I was like awesome, just unlocked the Ogre and then that happened.  :nottalking:

Xbox just posted a video on Youtube basically telling everyone what many of us here already know, servers, "the cloud" are king. I've experienced this with Forza 5 and Powerstar Golf as well, a true plus for Xbox One games imo-we'll see if this is also true on 360 when Titanfall 360 version finally releases on the 8th.

http://youtu.be/oRecfLUuVyA

Wow, do you feel ashamed when a Stryder jumps into you and pulls you out of an Ogre because you were outnumbered 2 to 1. Lol yeah I was like awesome, just unlocked the Ogre and then that happened. :nottalking:
still puzzles me why people were making fun of xbox one having dedicated servers. I swear all i heard on last gen mostly fps games that everyone wanted dedicated servers so people did not host games and we now have it and people complain about it. :wall:

i really wonder how well dedicated servers will work on 360.

Titanfall on Xbox 360 will be "the true experience," according to developer Bluepoint Games.

Daryl Allison, senior producer at Bluepoint, gave an update yesterday on the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall over on the game's official website, promising a comparable product to the Xbox One and PC versions already out. "Titanfall on the Xbox 360 is the true experience: all the maps, modes, pilots, titans, weapons, burn cards, you name it, found in the Xbox One and PC versions," he said. "The game looks great, sounds great, and above all it plays great."

But the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall isn't quite up to par in the technical department compared to the other versions, according to Allison. "There are of course some technical differences that are due to the technical limitations of the hardware — for example, the game runs above 30fps — but rest assured, the intense 6v6 wall-running, titan-dropping action is all there."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/04/titanfall-xbox-360-dev-promises-the-true-experience

still puzzles me why people were making fun of xbox one having dedicated servers. I swear all i heard on last gen mostly fps games that everyone wanted dedicated servers so people did not host games and we now have it and people complain about it. :wall:

i really wonder how well dedicated servers will work on 360.
Think the biggest thing is that when people hear "the cloud" and future tech people's eyes glaze over. More in actions than words right.

I was using that C.A.R. smg with the run and gun perk and man its beast mode. I finished in first place overall 3/4 times.  Arc Cannon is really fun to use too

http://www.twitch.tv/cityflex/b/517664890 Games looks downright ugly and there is some massive lag issues with the 360 version. There's also screen tearing everywhere maybe even worst the X1 version.

The good news is that you can lock the frames at 30fps and the core gameplay feels exactly the same for the most part. Not bad all considering how old the 360 is.

Suffice to say the game runs quite a lot better on the X1 and obviously looks better. Though obviously the X1 version runs close to 60fps on foot with screen tearing till the entire team has titans then it decides to dip in the high 40's a majority of the time.

i am more concerned about the online matchmaking, from what some of the xbox one owners are reporting, alot of imbalances with matchmaking.

Mmmm, matchmaking needs a lot of improvement but it's not as bad as some say. I had a game where they put me in a way one sided game but after getting out of that and going into another one I was up against similar foes for at least a hour.

Just had 155 pts, 62 bot kills, 18 pilot kills and 6 titans kills last match in attrition. We owned the hell out them lol

Games looks downright ugly and there is some massive lag issues with the 360 version. There's also screen tearing everywhere maybe even worst the X1 version.
The tearing was on the stream, other streams and videos look fine. Lag cleared up later when more people were playing. I'm only going by the streams I've seen, I haven't personally seen the game in action yet.

The tearing was on the stream, other streams and videos look fine. Lag cleared up later when more people were playing. I'm only going by the streams I've seen, I haven't personally seen the game in action yet.
I agree, the HD footage on YouTube looks pretty good.

Will my laptop be able to run Titanfall?  Here are the specs: 

Processor

Intel Core i7-4702MQ Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.20GHz)

Operating System Windows 7 Professional 64

Operating System Language Windows 7 Professional 64 English

Display 14.0" HD (1366 x 768) LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display, Mobile Broadband Ready

Graphics L440 Intel n-vPRo TPM NO Express Card

Memory 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L (2 DIMM)

Hard Drive 500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
Use that. Everything seems fine except for the graphics card. I don't know anything about it. I would guess no though.

Will my laptop be able to run Titanfall? Here are the specs:

Processor [/size]

Intel Core i7-4702MQ Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.20GHz)[/size]

Operating System [/size] Windows 7 Professional 64[/size]

Operating System Language [/size] Windows 7 Professional 64 English[/size]

Display [/size] 14.0" HD (1366 x 768) LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display, Mobile Broadband Ready[/size]

Graphics [/size] L440 Intel n-vPRo TPM NO Express Card[/size]

Memory [/size] 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L (2 DIMM)[/size]
Hard Drive [/size] 500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm[/size]

bread's done
Back