Stand by for Titanfall!

So far I'm loving this game. I don't understand the people who are complaining that it's like Call of Duty with Mechs. I don't remember being able to run up walls, scale buildings like Crackdown, and jump into windows at any moment in COD. If anything I get a more Halo feel from it than anything else. I think it's due to the floaty jumping and stuff. That and the speed just felt like jumping around levels in Halo 3 and 4. It's been a while since I've played Halo though, so it's just a comparison based on memory and feelings, not actual stats. As far as the shooting goes, yeah you could say that feels a lot like COD, but then again it feels a lot like most FPS's. There are only so many ways to shoot a gun at somebody.

To me it takes things from all shooters with cod being one of them. Its sort of a bastard love child of different shooters. One that I can see me playing for a long time.

According to someone who dug into the files on Neogaf, the game will launch with 14 Maps available.

• Angel city
  • Colony
  • Fracture
  • Relic
  • Airbase
  • Boneyard
  • Corporate
  • Outpost
  • Lagoon
  • Rise
  • Smugglers Cove
  • Training ground
  • Overlook
  • Nexus
  • O2
Not sure if this would hold true though, since I thought an earlier rumor said 16 and a developer confirmed that number previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're proud that Microsoft bought platform exclusivity for this game? Okay... kind of a strange thing to be proud of, though.

(I would have preferred Microsoft spend all that cash creating a new IP, rather than paying for exclusivity of an existing IP. The exclusivity agreement only benefits Microsoft and EA.)
Titanfall is a new ip

Its a new IP but not from Microsoft. If they didn't pay to have it exclusive theyn it would also be on the ps4 and maybe even ps3.

Its a new IP but not from Microsoft. If they didn't pay to have it exclusive theyn it would also be on the ps4 and maybe even ps3.
Isn't the team behind Titanfall around 70 people? If it's a small studio like that, maybe simple preference of console drove them to make it exclusive to Microsoft. Of course big companies like Square or Capcom or something would maximize PROFIT$$$$ and make games for both, so maybe the team behind this just wants to make they game they want opposed to making the bottom line

On foot is my preferred method as well. I just call my titan down and swap around between guard and follow while I rodeo enemy titans.

I honestly don't know how that smart pistol can continue without a major nerf. During training it seems kinda dumb and then you start playing as the assassin class and instantly fall in love with it. It's by far my favorite weapon in the game as it just eats bots and players alive. (you can even toss grenades and it'll target them)

I'm playing on PC with a 360 pad and between the smart pistol and the aim assist I just don't see how they let that continue without players bitching and moaning. fucking rad weapon and a total surprise.
The Smart Pistol is my favorite weapon and is great for Attrition where gaining points are critical to the team.

I also like using the Archer from a high vantage point to help in dealing damage to Titans. Although it's painfully slow, I greatly prefer it's lock-on ability compared to the free-aiming Sidewinder.

I thought this weekend was free gold weekend? I tried to play and it says I need Gold?

NM, it's free for 360 only. I guess I'll use a 3day trial.

I think that dudes glad for the system he has, what's wrong with that? I love my car, OH EXCLUSIVE VEHICLE SUX.

To me Titanfall has that feel down pact, most likely attained by talented developers who've tweaked the formula over and over to get it just right. Other games that have done this were CoD 4:MW, Halo 2, Super Mario 64 imo.

Not sure how large the team that made it is, but I am surprised that EA didn't try to push it for all platforms.  That's also why I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft paid to have it on the Xbox systems only.

Not sure how large the team that made it is, but I am surprised that EA didn't try to push it for all platforms. That's also why I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft paid to have it on the Xbox systems only.
Microsoft did pay for this to be exclusive. Titanfall 2 though could be on other systems.

Not sure how large the team that made it is, but I am surprised that EA didn't try to push it for all platforms. That's also why I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft paid to have it on the Xbox systems only.
Publishers pay developers to make them a game so then when the game sells the publisher gets most of the profits. Respawn was created without any idea, no studio, nothing (words from Zampella himself) so I wouldn't be surprised they inked deals with EA and Microsoft. Yes Respawn Entertainment is around 75 employees.

Maybe you should read my full comment. You know, the part about them keeping Last of Us and Uncharted exclusive.
I really don't know how to comment on this, lol. Why would they release games that their studios made on other systems? Thats like expecting Nintendo to release Mario and Zelda on other systems and Microsoft to release Halo and Forza on other systems.

Microsoft doesn't own EA.

Played a few games last night. Tight quarters! When 6v6 was announced I was confused. Now I am not. 10v10 or 12v12 would be impossible.

Game is a lot of fun. The bots are rtards. They need to stop showing the enemies where the dropship will come in and it needs to be somewhere different everytime. Its stupid the way it is now. The enemy can just sit there shelling the dropship before it leaves.

Game is a lot of fun. The bots are rtards. They need to stop showing the enemies where the dropship will come in and it needs to be somewhere different everytime. Its stupid the way it is now. The enemy can just sit there shelling the dropship before it leaves.
Yep, static dropship spots is no good. They should also put a cloak on that damned thing.

Yup. This is the only thing that NEEDS to change. Seems like dropships spawn in 3-4 areas. Should be a guessing game for the winning team.

Seems like that would only make it harder to eliminate the escaping people, I mean out of all the matches I've played I have only seen the dropship get destroyed once so they already have enough difficulty routing escapees.

Maybe it's just me, but this game seems like a cluster **** while playing. Most of the time I have no clue what is actually going on. I'm never sure why the other team is beating the crap out of my team. I've only played deathmatch so that could be it too. It just feels like there is a lack of skill needed to play this game and be decent

I like this game a lot! I reached level 14 and I like the unlocks they have in the beta. Seems like the ones for the Titans can make players use them in totally different ways and there is probably a bunch more in the full game. Hopefully a good Pre-Order offer like the Kmart one pops-up again.

I like this game a lot! I reached level 14 and I like the unlocks they have in the beta. Seems like the ones for the Titans can make players use them in totally different ways and there is probably a bunch more in the full game. Hopefully a good Pre-Order offer like the Kmart one pops-up again.
There are only three Titans in the full game unless something changes.

This game feels a lot like the older COD's (I'm sure the newer COD's as well since they don't change)

MS will pay out the ass for this franchise to stay exclusive to Xbox. I'm confident in that.
I'm not a Microsoft guy myself, but I do agree that they need their exclusives as well. I've made peace with Gears of War never becoming a multiplat game, and I'm not dying to see this come to Sony either. If you want to play this game, go buy an Xbox product - simple as that.

If titanfall proves to be a system seller and/or they start to move a lot of consoles then can easily lock it up. If not and Sony keeps selling a lot more units then it might harder for them to lock up any future games.

This game feels a lot like the older COD's (I'm sure the newer COD's as well since they don't change)
There's only 3 Titans but the weapons, perks, abilities, etc seem to be enough to mix things up quite a bit.

If titanfall proves to be a system seller and/or they start to move a lot of consoles then can easily lock it up. If not and Sony keeps selling a lot more units then it might harder for them to lock up any future games.
I think MS should lock it up if they haven't already. Gears of War wasn't as big when it first launched but it managed to become a pretty big blockbuster series. Even if the first games doesn't sell as much as a AAA title does it has a lot of potential. Since the number of Xbox One's out there is relatively low because it just came out they know it will not do blockbuster numbers but it should do pretty good since there really isn't anything else to play on it other than BF4, Forza and even though it's a terrible game, COD Ghosts.

I'm not a Microsoft guy myself, but I do agree that they need their exclusives as well. I've made peace with Gears of War never becoming a multiplat game, and I'm not dying to see this come to Sony either. If you want to play this game, go buy an Xbox product - simple as that.
The best thing Sony can do is have one of their first party companies create their own COD / Titanfall / Socom game. They've tried but they haven't made anything great as of yet. Another thing is that they need to have that team that makes the MLB games for Sony go ahead and make them a NFL Football game that's on par with their baseball game.

There's only 3 Titans but the weapons, perks, abilities, etc seem to be enough to mix things up quite a bit.

I think MS should lock it up if they haven't already. Gears of War wasn't as big when it first launched but it managed to become a pretty big blockbuster series. Even if the first games doesn't sell as much as a AAA title does it has a lot of potential. Since the number of Xbox One's out there is relatively low because it just came out they know it will not do blockbuster numbers but it should do pretty good since there really isn't anything else to play on it other than BF4, Forza and even though it's a terrible game, COD Ghosts.
Im sure Mircosoft would love to lock it up, but it more depending on what EA wants to do hence what I mean about moving systems.

The best thing Sony can do is have one of their first party companies create their own COD / Titanfall / Socom game. They've tried but they haven't made anything great as of yet. Another thing is that they need to have that team that makes the MLB games for Sony go ahead and make them a NFL Football game that's on par with their baseball game.
I think EA owns the rights to NFL atm so no one else can make a game with NFL teams and/or players.

Maybe it's just me, but this game seems like a cluster **** while playing. Most of the time I have no clue what is actually going on. I'm never sure why the other team is beating the crap out of my team. I've only played deathmatch so that could be it too. It just feels like there is a lack of skill needed to play this game and be decent
Let's play a game where the points don't matter (Whose Line) but well no they do. All those AI cannon fodder, they cut the time down for calling in a Titan - this is the main formula that's all about the Attrition mode. Titan pilot kills give you more points, everything is balanced so say a player coulnd't just get a bunch of points running around the map and taking out the AI all the time.

Will be interesting to see if EA moves to get the series on the Playstation family, or stays with Microsoft. I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on more sales for what will likely be a very popular series, but I was pretty surprised that the current game wasn't already on them as well.

I know someone from Microsoft was saying how he wishes they invested more in the series to keep in exclusive so I'm sure they would love if it stayed that way.

So far I'm loving this game. I don't understand the people who are complaining that it's like Call of Duty with Mechs. I don't remember being able to run up walls, scale buildings like Crackdown, and jump into windows at any moment in COD. If anything I get a more Halo feel from it than anything else. I think it's due to the floaty jumping and stuff. That and the speed just felt like jumping around levels in Halo 3 and 4. It's been a while since I've played Halo though, so it's just a comparison based on memory and feelings, not actual stats. As far as the shooting goes, yeah you could say that feels a lot like COD, but then again it feels a lot like most FPS's. There are only so many ways to shoot a gun at somebody.
To me this game is the perfect blend of COD and Halo with the big robots added in. It's so fun I don't even care when my team loses.

where did you get that their i only 3 titans in the game? beta does not include eveyrthing in game dude no one know how many titans are in game but you do see a selecion to change look of titan and it's not possible to change so im sure there are more then 3 titans in finale game.

Will be interesting to see if EA moves to get the series on the Playstation family, or stays with Microsoft. I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on more sales for what will likely be a very popular series, but I was pretty surprised that the current game wasn't already on them as well.

I know someone from Microsoft was saying how he wishes they invested more in the series to keep in exclusive so I'm sure they would love if it stayed that way.
Same deal with the Mass Effect series, first one was exclusive to Xbox and then we saw the sequels become multiplatform. Expect that to happen with a positive sale with the first Titanfall.

where did you get that their i only 3 titans in the game? beta does not include eveyrthing in game dude no one know how many titans are in game but you do see a selecion to change look of titan and it's not possible to change so im sure there are more then 3 titans in finale game.
As of now they've shown off three classes; the Stryder, Atlas and the Ogre with just the Atlas (medium/balanced class) what you get in the beta.

bread's done
Back