Star Trek Voyager/Enterprise Season 1 $19.95 each at Walmart YMMV

hotstud19us

CAGiversary!
Feedback
225 (100%)
I just purchased Star Trek Voyager Season 1 at Walmart for $19.95. Wal-Mart is always YMMV. Not the best star trek show, but not the worst. They had Season 2 but it was $39.95.

Other People have found Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 for $19.95 also (YMMV).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hotstud19us']Not the best star trek show, but not the worst. [/QUOTE]

That's your opinion.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's your opinion.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, Voyager was the worst until Enterprise came along. Also confirmed at my Walmart.

I think Voyager did some things right. I love all Star Trek, so it's tough to say it was the worse until Enterprise. I'd guess it'd be a fair statement to make, considering how good TNG and DS9 are, but I think Voyager is a decent watch.

Thanks OP, I'll try to get this. I'm missing season 1, so that'll give me 1-4 to watch after my girlfriend and I get done watching TNG and DS9.

[quote name='docvinh']I have to say, Voyager was the worst until Enterprise came along. Also confirmed at my Walmart.[/QUOTE]
Season 4 Enterprise redeems the series for me, it was easily one of the best single seasons of Star Trek. If Enterprise had lasted 3 more seasons with season 4 quality it would most likely be remembered as one of the great Star Trek series, after all the first two seasons of TNG and DS9 weren't that great either.

I wonder where Walmart is getting all this old stock from, the Voyager seasons I saw still had stickers on for some convention from 2000 something.

Confirmed as my Wal-Mart as well. Maybe this is universal across the WM spectrum? I just hope they lower some of the other Star Trek series to $19.99 as well.

A friend picked this up here. Now he's trying to find his receipt from when he bought it a couple of weeks ago. I believe Voyager is his favorite series.

Voyager was also $19.95 at my local Walmart. I went ahead and picked it up along with the Animated Series, which was only $15.

I remember a couple of years ago Amazon had a big Sci-Fi sale in March where Star Trek seasons were about $30 each. At the time I could only afford to buy all of DS9. I'm hoping they do it again since I can now actually afford to buy all of Star Trek that I don't have.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Season 4 Enterprise redeems the series for me, it was easily one of the best single seasons of Star Trek. If Enterprise had lasted 3 more seasons with season 4 quality it would most likely be remembered as one of the great Star Trek series, after all the first two seasons of TNG and DS9 weren't that great either.[/QUOTE]

Agreed about season 4. I would also say that I loved season 3 (the Xindi season) as well, because I am a big fan of multi-episode story arcs in sci fi. With seasons one and two they tried to make it constantly accessible to the new viewer, which unforunately usually meant one-off stories that lacked any cleverness or originality. They also wanted to be star trek and didn't want to be star trek at the same time, and didn't do either very well (they even took off the star trek in the title for a couple seasons if I am not mistaken, probably to get new viewers, then put it back, probably to try and get the old viewers that they had lost).

I think the whole "1 hour and the problems are solved and the next week we don't even mention them" type of t.v. is boring. Although I guess you could argue that all you get then are space-soap operas.

I am starting to seriously doubt we will EVER see any of these shows on BR. I know with Star Trek, there was a demand for TOS on BR. If there was even a hint that we would see TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT come out on BR this year, it would be in the next few weeks...but I doubt it :(

*sigh* I miss my DS9 DVD's.. I tried watching TNG Best of Both worlds on my 58inch plasma the other day, and I was like holy shit that looks bad :(

I don't know if Paramount would be able to do much improvement for TNG/DS9/VOY since they were all done on tape. TOS was done on film which allowed them to do those great looking HD versions.

It's been discussed to death, TNG/DS9/VOY were taped, tape has a limited resolution. Releasing them on BR would be a waste of time. If they hadn't cheaped out during that time and used film instead, it would be different.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it makes me happy at the same time. I've spent a lot of money (even though I got "deals" on most of the sets) on these sets! Having the option to buy them on BR would be a frustrating exercise of disclipline, and one I would lose.

I wish they would drop the price of tng/ds9 seasons. They've been out for years and still demand $50+ per season. Which is a joke. Any other show can be found for a fraction of the original cost. Either in store or on ebay.

That is why I jumped on season 1 of voyager for $20. Maybe they would realize people would buy more of them. Instead of going with bootlegs that aren't as good but a lot cheaper.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Voyager was also $19.95 at my local Walmart. I went ahead and picked it up along with the Animated Series, which was only $15. [/QUOTE]

there was a star trek animated series?

Yes, with the original series cast. As expensive as these sets still are, they're a lot cheaper than they were years ago, when they were $100+ each.

Could this be a *hint* that a possible HD release of TNG/DS9/VOY maybe in the works and set for a release since TOS was so successful in the HD release?

I think it's more likely a hint that Walmart is getting rid of some of their Star Trek stock.

I imagine the only other show we'll see in HD is Enterprise since it aired in HD.

I need to check out my local Walmart sometime and see if they have Enterprise for $20. Can anyone else confirm seeing it that low at their local Walmart?

They could slap them on one or two Blu Ray disc season sets. I mean, you know, all of the hype about being able to fit so much SD content on a Blu-Ray disc. It would be cool to have a tiny little collection of TNG on Blu Ray.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I think it's more likely a hint that Walmart is getting rid of some of their Star Trek stock.

I imagine the only other show we'll see in HD is Enterprise since it aired in HD.

I need to check out my local Walmart sometime and see if they have Enterprise for $20. Can anyone else confirm seeing it that low at their local Walmart?[/QUOTE]I can confirm that, yes.

I saw season 1 of both Voyager and Enterprise for $20 each. Also had first four seasons of Stargate Atlantis for $15 each.

Its sad that the rest of the Voyager and Enterprise are all 40+ most in the high 50's and better. Amazon clearance them now please!

Walmarts around here in central New York has been having some good boxset sales. Some shipped off the Star Treks back to where ever they came from and others got 2 for 1 TV boxsets ranging anywhere from $14.99 to $29.99. I Dream of Jeanny, Bewitched, Jeffersons, Martin, Dynasty, Sliders, Cheers, Cosby Show, Family Ties, MASH, Married with Children. It's really random though which store will have what so you may have to visit a few.

I have all the Voyager seasons (1-7) if anyone is interested in them. Er, they are the Chinese bootlegs though! And only a few of the episodes are effed up! *hides shame*

and yes, saw Season 1 (un-Chinese!) for $19 at my Wal-Mart. No other seasons though...

[quote name='rhofman']Agreed about season 4. I would also say that I loved season 3 (the Xindi season) as well, because I am a big fan of multi-episode story arcs in sci fi. With seasons one and two they tried to make it constantly accessible to the new viewer, which unforunately usually meant one-off stories that lacked any cleverness or originality. They also wanted to be star trek and didn't want to be star trek at the same time, and didn't do either very well (they even took off the star trek in the title for a couple seasons if I am not mistaken, probably to get new viewers, then put it back, probably to try and get the old viewers that they had lost).

I think the whole "1 hour and the problems are solved and the next week we don't even mention them" type of t.v. is boring. Although I guess you could argue that all you get then are space-soap operas.[/QUOTE]

The first two seasons of Enterprise might as well have been seasons 8-9 of Voyager. That's almost ten years of bland nothingness, not counting the years Voyager and DS9 overlapped.

bread's done
Back