Star Wars Battlefront 2 Best Buy pre order bonus .01

rb11701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
This was through the app.

So I just bought the Battlefront 2 pre order bonus from Best Buy. I was looking at bf2 and clicked on the free item which brings up a description if said bonus. Clicked on the picture and it brought me to the product page which listed it as .01 and had the add to cart button lit up. So I bought one. I guess if your preordering the game this doesn't matter but if your waiting for the price drop you can still have the bonus. Figured why not.

** Seems maybe only able to replicate through the Android app. Members using the iOS app report not being able to get this to work. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, was able to get the PS4 beta last night. Perfect cause I was hoping to get the $10 from Mario Odyssey and roll it into Battlefront!

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

Did you have to put in an order for each one? It limited me to only 1 when i was placing my order. Would really like to be able to get one for each one of my brothers.
I did separate orders. I just grabbed two. All I really needed was one for myself and a buddy.

Got two separate emails.

Does this still work?  I downloaded the app on my iPad 5 hours ago, and I couldn't click on the picture of the free DLC with the text.  The price for the free DLC was showing up as $0.00, though.

Does this still work? I downloaded the app on my iPad 5 hours ago, and I couldn't click on the picture of the free DLC with the text. The price for the free DLC was showing up as $0.00, though.
I just did a second order for a friend so it seems to be working for me. It's $1.00 for Xbox or .01 for ps4

i dont get it, when you click on the free item it just has the preorder bonus as text, there is no picture. can you please link the page where you can buy the preorder bonus?

Same here, dont see shit on the app
Same here as well. I'm not sure what's going on. But I downloaded the app on my iPad Pro 10.5, then searched for Battlefront II. The regular and the Deluxe versions showed up. Added them both. Saw the bonus item, clicked on that line, and a popup window came up with the one line text and a picture, but you can't click on the picture. Can't purchase the bonus item alone since it's $0.00, and removing the game removes the bonus item.

Same here as well. I'm not sure what's going on. But I downloaded the app on my iPad Pro 10.5, then searched for Battlefront II. The regular and the Deluxe versions showed up. Added them both. Saw the bonus item, clicked on that line, and a popup window came up with the one line text and a picture, but you can't click on the picture. Can't purchase the bonus item alone since it's $0.00, and removing the game removes the bonus item.
Exactly

Was able to "Redeem" the code on PS4 but nothing downloaded.. no history shows up either that I ever put it in.. weird.

Just checked again. Still .01 and can add to cart. I didn't add them to my cart. Just looked at the listing. Where it says included 1 free item. Click on the free item. The window comes up. Click on picture. And there it is. Or at least it is on my phone. I'm on Android but I can't imagine that making a difference. Good luck!

FYI, actually for me it did make a difference. After several attempts on an Apple device which failed, I was only able to replicate this on an Android device only. You can read a couple of other forum posts of users that attempted on their Apple devices were not able to get in on this and neither could I since can't click on the item picture to purchase this by itself. Leaving those users S.O.L. I was unable to locate any listing on a Microsoft device for a Best Buy app either.

TL;DR If this didn’t work for you on Ipad try this is on Android since that worked for me.

EDIT: Seems Iphone users are reporting success. Just reporting my personal experience of what worked vs. what didn’t. This still doesn’t explain why this didn’t work for me and several others on the Ipad and why it would only work on Android.

Anyone care to explain why that is? Guessing has something to do with phone app vs. tablet app.

Just checked again. Still .01 and can add to cart. I didn't add them to my cart. Just looked at the listing. Where it says included 1 free item. Click on the free item. The window comes up. Click on picture. And there it is. Or at least it is on my phone. I'm on Android but I can't imagine that making a difference. Good luck!

FYI, actually for me it did make a difference. After several attempts on an Apple device which failed, I was only able to replicate this on an Android device only. I believe this should be put in the title. You can read a couple of other forum posts of users that attempted on their Apple devices were not able to get in on this and neither could I since can't click on the item picture to purchase this by itself. Leaving those users S.O.L. I was unable to locate any listing on a Microsoft device for a Best Buy app either.

TL;DR I believe this is for Android only.
Did it on an iphone. You just have to follow the steps exactly as written.

FYI, actually for me it did make a difference. After several attempts on an Apple device which failed, I was only able to replicate this on an Android device only. I believe this should be put in the title. You can read a couple of other forum posts of users that attempted on their Apple devices were not able to get in on this and neither could I since can't click on the item picture to purchase this by itself. Leaving those users S.O.L. I was unable to locate any listing on a Microsoft device for a Best Buy app either.

TL;DR I believe this is for Android only.
worked on an iphone for me several times

So I was able to get the Xbox One add-on version for $1.01 since the PS4 version was unavailable. Tried again a little bit ago and the PS4 add-on version was available again for .01. Was able to snag it, got the email for the purchase but the code was never e-mailed to me yet. Weird. Hopefully I don't get banned over something stupid like this making a double purchase on two separate purchases since my account is clean as a whistle. We'll see what happens.

This is the same code you get for pre-ordering the game, correct? Which can be done in-store by leaving a $5 deposit, which can be refunded after the beta if you decide not to buy the game.

For a penny, why not.

I had trouble getting it to work on iOS devices, never could get the free item to pop up. Not sure if people are running on different updates and that's causing an issue, but I was able to add to cart right away using an Android device.

Just got my normal email for the beta code since I have it pre-ordered. They don't even bother to mark what the code is for in the pre-order email; nice one BB. . .

This is the same code you get for pre-ordering the game, correct? Which can be done in-store by leaving a $5 deposit, which can be refunded after the beta if you decide not to buy the game.
Yeah, but then I'd have to go to the store. I'd rather spend the penny and not have to drive there, deal with people, and then remember to cancel my preorder.

I had a code and entered it, but the beta never downloaded, and I can't find a way to start the download. Any ideas?
For some odd reason, there is no pre load. The beta will go live 4am EST. Seeing they are calling this the biggest beta ever, I thought it to be odd that there wasn't a pre load.

That being said, there seems to be some good amount of content for thus beta. It lasts till end if the weekend.

Gonna be all cags running on those severs lol.

Won't work for me on android. Only shows "add to wishlist." The xbox code is also $1, which still would've been fine with me. The call of duty beta trick worked for me, not sure why this one isn't.

Beta is available to download.
where are you seeing it for download? I had no trouble with the code but do not see it in the purchased area or anywhere else. same with my son's ps4. thx

edit: I had to physically search the store for it but then was able to start downloading.

where are you seeing it for download? I had no trouble with the code but do not see it in the purchased area or anywhere else. same with my son's ps4. thx

edit: I had to physically search the store for it but then was able to start downloading.
Just coming in to say that. You need to search for battlefront 2. Should come up free.

Just tried to pre-order kicking myself for not seeing this earlier. All I get is a wishlist option

no checkout.

Thanks for posting ah well. I mainly just wanted a beta code if anyone has one to spare for ps4 please let me know.

EDIT: Someone sent me a code thanks for offering!

It’s multiplayer only isn’t it?
No, there's a single player/PVE mode called "Arcade" thats in the beta.

The servers are working for PC, or were half hour ago when I played it for a bit.

My initial thoughts on the beta/whats there.

- Content wise its a little sparse, but its a beta. 4 modes available. 1 map (so far as I can tell for each).

- The big MP mode is on Naboo and is the main thing people have already seen like at E3. Its 40 players.

- There's a smaller skirmish mode that takes place on the planet where Han and Rey went and met up with the bug eyed thing for the lightsaber in Force Awakens. Its 16 players.

- Theres Starfighter Assault which looked like fun but I had a helluva hard time controlling the fighters either with M/Kb or controller. Id get a kill and then kamikaze into something lol.

- Arcade mode which is controlling Darth Maul or that big metal droid guy and wiping out X # of enemies in a certain amount of time that you're graded on. It takes place in the palace on Naboo that appears in the main Naboo map. Theres another available option in it but I didnt try it nor did I try big metal droid dude. Darth Maul was fun.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but wasn't blown away. On the fence about pre-ordering as I really want to play the campaign and they give you nothing of it in the beta. May end up waiting. At least with PC I wont have to pay full price with all the options.

Download was 22 GB for PC.

Game is for sure an improvement over BF1 but it's not quite hit the right stride with me yet. All the limitations of Beta being in place are making it hard for me the really judge it. I feel like it has major potential though, I'm just not in love with the maps they chose.

bread's done
Back