Star Wars BB-8 toy for sale nationwide today

tearsintherain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
1414750880218202406.gif

the star wars bb-8 toy is in stock at a bunch of retailers including gamestop, best buy, amazon, and literally dozens more.  $150.  will probably be the hot toy of 2015, if you have a kid you need to buy the love of.  Its a remote controllable toy, controlled by a smartphone.

http://www.gamestop....-bb-8-rc/124911

http://www.bestbuy.c...white/4316601.p

articles about it

http://www.theverge....ce-release-date

http://toyland.gizmo...oy-e-1727067215

apparently shipping now?  I ordered mine from gamestop since i have such an excess amount of credit from the Fifty-apocalypse, use coupon code SAVER for free shipping

Just got the Target exclusive ($75) and the regular one ($150) today. Also, to make this videogame related, Target has a coupon in store and online for $10 off $50 / $25 off $100 on ALL star wars merchandise including games.

You play it with a controller phone thingee so it counts as a video game.

And the Verge article is all sorts of fucked up.  There has been at least 1 Star Wars movie since Revenge of the Sith.  I'm not really a Star Wars fan and even I knew that.

Last edited:
giving a kid a phone is bad enough, giving them something that can roll around and be commanded via phone I'm pretty sure constitutes a war crime

Really wanted the Millennium Falcon drone but $110 seems excessively pricey for a cheap Air Hogs device. Thought it was $60 when I found it initially on TRU's website but I went in the store last night since and found the one they demoed was way more. $60 was already pushing it but that's just absurd. No thank you!

The cash in on Star Wars right now is insane and as much as I love the series, I will be staying far away from a lot of the merchandise like these types of toys. Not only will finding the good ones be frustratingly hard to find (Amiibo's are bad enough), but I have way too many actual video games to worry about buying these next few months to want to spend money on this stuff too. 

Ordered one from Best Buy. 12 year old daughter saw the videos on Engadget and IGN and wanted one. "Father of the year".

Really wanted the Millennium Falcon drone but $110 seems excessively pricey for a cheap Air Hogs device. Thought it was $60 when I found it initially on TRU's website but I went in the store last night since and found the one they demoed was way more. $60 was already pushing it but that's just absurd. No thank you!
Link to this please.

giving a kid a phone is bad enough, giving them something that can roll around and be commanded via phone I'm pretty sure constitutes a war crime
Was talking to a couple people about this lately. We're moving into a generation where a phone, tablet, etc. isn't that odd to give to kids. At a time giving a kid a bike or scooter was considered out there (b/c they were expensive and somewhat dangerous) but it's the norm now. Depending on the age, I don't think it's out there for a kid to have these things considering they are dirt cheap to come by. You can get a decent tablet for $50 and a phone for even less.

Just got the Target exclusive ($75) and the regular one ($150) today. Also, to make this videogame related, Target has a coupon in store and online for $10 off $50 / $25 off $100 on ALL star wars merchandise including games.
Sorry, not sure how it was posted twice....

Last edited by a moderator:
Was talking to a couple people about this lately. We're moving into a generation where a phone, tablet, etc. isn't that odd to give to kids. At a time giving a kid a bike or scooter was considered out there (b/c they were expensive and somewhat dangerous) but it's the norm now. Depending on the age, I don't think it's out there for a kid to have these things considering they are dirt cheap to come by. You can get a decent tablet for $50 and a phone for even less.
I agree, kids these days... Spoiled.

main-bdc1ba5e646c1bab3751e2642e18c84b1b822274.jpg

it's not about the cost, it's about the level of detachment that is already prevalent in people who should be old enough to know better.

it's not about the cost, it's about the level of detachment that is already prevalent in people who should be old enough to know better.
That really depends on you as a parent and the kid though.

Either way, it's the norm now. Hell, there are middle schoolers in my area that bring their laptops and tablets to school with no issue. We already have schools that use tablets as learning tools too.

I don't think giving a 7 year old a phone is wise but when the phone is $15, they can play games on it and it can call a select few people (parents, siblings, police), than it isn't too out there to give at that age.

May Battlefront be your only Star Wars purchase this Christmas....
So far it's Battlefront and tickets for the film, but I have been considering Disney Infinity 3.0 just for the Star Wars stuff, but I am not positive that is a rabbit hole I currently want to go down with all the figures associated it with it and my love for Marvel and certain Disney properties like Tron.

Here's the good one. It's already discounted? It's only been available for purchase for a few hours and they already dropped the price, that can't be a good sign for sales. I know the store I went to last night no one was even looking at them, but still...

Here's the cheapo garbage one.
Thanks. Man some of these toys are so neat but I'm not sure I would really play with them past one hour or so lol.

These are selling crazy fast at my Best Buy. We had close to 40 and only 10 were left when I went home. Supposedly going to take 2 weeks to restock them.

The Target one needs batteries and has a tiny remote control. The others can be charged on a custom dock and can be controlled with a phone. It also has more functionality.
So the Target one, fairly obvious as it is half the cost, is the poor man's discount version, targeting 'teh poors', got it. It will definitely be clearanced out, hell, I should get the DPCI and check if some stores already fucked up and have it clearance priced.

EDIT: $79.99 at all locations, damn. Hopefully at least a few locales will clearance this Target exclusive out soon. At 70% off I'd take a gamble.

Here's the good one. It's already discounted? It's only been available for purchase for a few hours and they already dropped the price, that can't be a good sign for sales. I know the store I went to last night no one was even looking at them, but still...

Here's the cheapo garbage one.
Air Hogs - 'nuff said. While the novelty is there, these things will inevitably be total pieces of shit. That $55 cheapo garbage one though is so laughable. Might as well set a pile of money on fire. The "slightly less garbage" one for $90, is still an Air Hog. I'm sure there are kits and videos out there showing how to customize an existing drone of actual quality that will be 1,000,000 higher quality than these pieces of shit, and make your own Millennium Falcon skin/exterior. Of course, a decent drone will set you back quite a bit more, but the prices have been coming down steadily if not outright plummeting.

So the Target one, fairly obvious as it is half the cost, is the poor man's discount version, targeting 'teh poors', got it. It will definitely be clearanced out, hell, I should get the DPCI and check if some stores already fucked up and have it clearance priced.

EDIT: $79.99 at all locations, damn. Hopefully at least a few locales will clearance this Target exclusive out soon. At 70% off I'd take a gamble.

Air Hogs - 'nuff said. While the novelty is there, these things will inevitably be total pieces of shit. That $55 cheapo garbage one though is so laughable. Might as well set a pile of money on fire. The "slightly less garbage" one for $90, is still an Air Hog. I'm sure there are kits and videos out there showing how to customize an existing drone of actual quality that will be 1,000 more quality than these pieces of shit, and make your own Millennium Falcon skin. Of course, a decent drone will set you back quite a bit more, but the prices have been coming down steadily if not outright plummeting.
You sound like you have a lot of pent up aggression sheesh.

You play it with a controller phone thingee so it counts as a video game.

And the Verge article is all sorts of fucked up. There has been at least 1 Star Wars movie since Revenge of the Sith. I'm not really a Star Wars fan and even I knew that.
Nope, they're right. RotS is Episode III, the last of the prequel trilogy. The Force Awakens is Episode VII, the first of the (let's be honest here) first sequel trilogy. There may have been some animated thing but this is the first theatrical movie since '05.

Target had the $150 one? The one I went to said no Targets sold that one. At least in SoCal they didnt

You should buy it now if you want it since it will sell out by the end of the week or next. You'd be damn lucky to get it on clearance.

bread's done
Back