Star Wars Complete Saga - $69.99

This thing has never gotten to the $50 mark. It's been a year already since it's been released! Guess its sales are doing well.

It may get there eventually, but it probably sells well and it is six movies and a lot of extras. I bought it at launch for a higher price (can't remember what it was, $80 something probably) and haven't regretted it at all. But I'm a big fan and not really a cheapass. I look through sales just to see if there's anything that catches my eye, but for things I really want I just buy at launch or the first semi decent deal I see. My budget is stronger than my patience. :D

Don't worry, once they start to pump out the new episodes the price of this will be like $25 just like the original lord of the rings release.

[quote name='ssjmichael']special editions, which have been altered even further in fact[/QUOTE]Blegh, thanks; if I was looking to get the Theatrical Editions of those episodes (either Blu-ray or DVD), what would be my best option?

[quote name='Vigilante']Blegh, thanks; if I was looking to get the Theatrical Editions of those episodes (either Blu-ray or DVD), what would be my best option?[/QUOTE]

They have only been released on DVD as "bonus features" in non-anamorphic widescreen taken DIRECTLY from the "definitive" laserdisc masters from 1993... they look like crap and are an insult to anyone who wants to see the Original Trilogy on modern home video.

There's a 6-disc trilogy set and they were also released separately in two-disc versions... but they're a bit expensive to buy because they're OOP. (buying the individual movies new from Amazon, for instance: $89.99, $59.95 and $58.09 with the trilogy at $215 new and $94.99 used)

Like others, holding out for either a.) rock bottom and/or b.) the theatrical versions. But not a bad deal if you *have* to have the set now.

Theatrical versions I will only buy. Hopefully Disney releases the untouched originals for the fans who've held off.

[quote name='Frahps']I can wait. I want to get, but this is still way too much for me.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Hopefully it'll be even lower on black friday or cyber monday.

3+3 blu w/only audio commentary vs 9 blu w/all special features. $10 more is definately worth the upgrade.

After waiting so long for the Alien boxset to drop, biting on the UK sale for $25 and watching the US set drop to $20: I'm not getting screwed again. Even if it takes 10 years, I'll wait.

[quote name='ssjmichael']By that time, Disney will have released another three sets for you to mull over :p[/QUOTE]
LOL! And they will each have sneak peaks at episodes VIII, IX, and X.

bread's done
Back