Star Wars: Complete Saga price drop @ Amazon - $79.99.

I pre-ordered this as soon as it became available on Amazon (January 12), and updated my shipping to free 2-day during my free Prime trial a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad to see that Amazon is matching Target, I was thinking about cancelling the pre-order and picking one up locally next Friday.

$75.99 in my goldbox. idk if i really need it right away though. or just go w the TRU original 3, as i have them on DVD

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I pre-ordered this as soon as it became available on Amazon (January 12), and updated my shipping to free 2-day during my free Prime trial a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad to see that Amazon is matching Target, I was thinking about cancelling the pre-order and picking one up locally next Friday.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I haven't been keeping track of the "George Lucas is ruining Star Wars" btch and moan thread going around the net, but in short, what is the deal / problem with this release?

FYI: I pre-ordered when it was announced and my existing order is not eligible for release day delivery. The only way to get delivery on Friday is to cancel your pre-order and place it again.

[quote name='dagarcia2678']FYI: I pre-ordered when it was announced and my existing order is not eligible for release day delivery. The only way to get delivery on Friday is to cancel your pre-order and place it again.[/QUOTE]

Did you originally pick 2-day shipping (if you had a Prime membership at the time)? I originally went with free Saver shipping, but changed it to Prime during a free 30-day trial period I was offered in July-August. My pre-order shows a projected delivery date of 9/16, the release date.

Waiting for it to hit my gold box..

Did you have to add it to your cart for it to tickle the Gold Box gods?

[quote name='dagarcia2678']FYI: I pre-ordered when it was announced and my existing order is not eligible for release day delivery. The only way to get delivery on Friday is to cancel your pre-order and place it again.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I originally ordered it in January with Prime 2-day shipping. Some time later I received an email telling me I'd be receiving release day delivery. Today, I received another e-mail stating I'm set to receive it on the 20th. The date on my account has bounced around the 27th to the 16th, back to the 27th (where its been for a couple months), to today's updated date, the 20th. I'm confused and I can't cancel and reorder, since my Prime expired several weeks ago.

[quote name='Zimmy']Waiting for it to hit my gold box..

Did you have to add it to your cart for it to tickle the Gold Box gods?[/QUOTE]
Add them in your wishlist or search as many blu-rays related then it'll come to your goldbox in no time.

Yeah, that's messed up. I ordered with with Prime even, and I got an email today saying that my estimated arrival date has been changed from September 27th to September 20th. What the hell, Amazon? Going to cancel and re-order, I guess.

I would hold out till black friday, that's what im doing.

But im holding for just 4-6, you couldn't pay me to put 1-3 into my collection.

[quote name='styl3s']I would hold out till black friday, that's what im doing.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think Black Friday is going to be too soon to see any deals on this. Maybe on the LOTR extended trilogy by that point, but since this will have been out for just over two months, it's probably not going to happen.

What I'm wondering is how long the $90-ish price will hold out on sites like BN.com, as it could end up being a decent deal there if a good coupon comes up (a 20% coupon, for example, would take it down to around $70).

[quote name='styl3s']But im holding for just 4-6, you couldn't pay me to put 1-3 into my collection.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the complete set mostly for the three discs of bonus features, much more so than for 1-3.

Remember that LOTR fiasco when they had it for $7.99 during BF @ Target. Maybe this one will be on BF for the same price as LOTR. Just saying.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Remember that LOTR fiasco when they had it for $7.99 during BF @ Target. Maybe this one will be on BF for the same price as LOTR. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

LOL in your dreams.

Well, after a short e-mail to Amazon Customer Service, it's fixed. Looks like I'll be enjoying blinking ewoks on September 16th after all!

As usual, the price did NOT auto-update in my orders (did Amazon change management hands or something?) and I had to speak with customer service and get them to manually adjust the price.

People need to give Amazon 24-48 hours to auto-adjust the price before they call/email them to fix it. That's always been their stance of how long it takes for an order to auto-adjust to the lower price, and that's the timeframe I've been giving them these days. Within 48 hours, the price is adjusted on my order.

I just canceled my pre-order and re-ordered, wasn't going to risk like a 3 hour dip and them not auto change.

[quote name='Drahken']I just canceled my pre-order and re-ordered, wasn't going to risk like a 3 hour dip and them not auto change.[/QUOTE]

Since it's matching the printed price in Target's sale ad, I doubt it will only be a three hour dip.

[quote name='arcane93']Since it's matching the printed price in Target's sale ad, I doubt it will only be a three hour dip.[/QUOTE]Agreed.

hmm, mine hasn't adjusted and I'm still showing to receive the 20th. This is like the first movie I've pre-ordered on Amazon so I don't know if I should wait (like you've pointed out Shrike), or cancel and replace. Release day delivery sure sounds nice!!

Nothing is going to ship earlier than the 14th if you have Prime or Release Date Delivery, so anyone can wait it out until Monday without worry of the price going up.

Even if it did go up again, you're still getting it at the $79.99 price because that's the lowest price before shipment.

LOL, you can guess by my avatar, I loved that new dialog in that clip. I'm wait & see on the new show. I'll definitely give it a watch, but I'm just not sure how they're gonna update B&B for 2011.

As for SW, I might get the so called OT on BD at some point, but it'll have to be sub-$20 for me to buy that tripe again & if I don't ever catch it for under $20, no big loss.

Would have been perfect had Lucas not fucked with the movies again. $40 or less is all I'm willing to pay, which will probably never happen. Probably for the best anyway.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I haven't been keeping track of the "George Lucas is ruining Star Wars" btch and moan thread going around the net, but in short, what is the deal / problem with this release?[/QUOTE]

Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call that he uses to scare off the sand people has been described as sounding like "Richard Simmons stepping on a nail"---not that big a deal IMO. The real nasty one is that Darth Vader now repeatedly says "No" while contemplating the emperor torturing Luke at the end of Jedi before shouting "NOOOOOOO" while picking up Palapatine and throwing him down that shaft. Ruins a perfectly executed moment.

Kind of like last time when he painted out Sebastian Shaw and replaced him with a creepily leering Hayden Christensen when the trio of force ghosts show up. To paraphrase AICN's Moriarty---George Lucas didn't rape my childhood. But he sure is being a fucking bully to it.

[quote name='crow3232']$75.99 in my goldbox. idk if i really need it right away though. or just go w the TRU original 3, as i have them on DVD[/QUOTE]

Same here. And I just cancelled my pre-order for $85.99 yesterday. I'm on the fence, and most of that has to do with all the outrage involving the changes made (sounds added, etc.). I also could see this being $70 or less by Christmas (just like the LOTR Trilogy- bought the box set for what I believed to be a good price of $50.75 when everyone else had it for $80 or more; got all three movies for $5 or $6 each within 3 months).

I guess it all depends on whether you have to have it instantly, or are willing to wait for a better version or a cheaper price (both will eventually happen).

Glad I checked my order this morning...I pre-ordered it when it was announced on amazon, but for some reason they had my shipping date for 9/20. They were quick to fix it though. I would have had a breakdown if I didn't get my movies on Friday.

Target has it set for $79.99 on Friday while Best Buy has it marked at $89.99. Price matching time!!

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'd say $50[/QUOTE]
You guys are pretty optimistic. I don't know that it will see any price drop at all since they should hold value. I'm still waiting on a fair price for the Alien box set (US) and it has never dropped. If this does drop that low, chances are it would be a price mistake heh.

[quote name='killias2']I really can't understand why people would find this change acceptable. It ruins a central scene to the entire series.[/QUOTE]

You are correct I don't understand it either. Vote with your wallets and do not buy this unless it's some crazy rock bottom price. They play this on spike like every other week anyway. And I don't believe folks are whining I believe that they believe that George Lucas should show a little loyalty back to the fans! He knows they want the original uncut versions in high def but he doesn't care his arrogance doesn't allow him to care. His fans have spent Billions of dollars making himself wealthy and making Star Wars one of the Biggest entertainment franchises in history. And this opportunity to make the fans happy he completely craps on. Look I still love the clone wars and watch it with my kids I'm getting the $150 old republic Collectors edition and I hate MMO's so I'm a fan but I'm also an adult and I won't pay for things in this economy that aren't worth the money when I know there is a superior version just waiting to be released. All that being said this is a good pre-order price for those who have no issues with the the changes.

[quote name='Jodou']You guys are pretty optimistic. I don't know that it will see any price drop at all since they should hold value. I'm still waiting on a fair price for the Alien box set (US) and it has never dropped. If this does drop that low, chances are it would be a price mistake heh.[/QUOTE]

Alien anthology was on sale a couple of weeks ago at B&N for $45ish. I expect it can be had for $40 or less this BF.

All the folks talking about a superior release being in works are nuts. This is the only release for the time being. If you don't like the changes then don't buy it.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Glad I checked my order this morning...I pre-ordered it when it was announced on amazon, but for some reason they had my shipping date for 9/20. They were quick to fix it though. I would have had a breakdown if I didn't get my movies on Friday.[/QUOTE]

My shipping date is 9/20 also. Should I contact customer service?

bread's done
Back