Star Wars: Force Unleashed Deals (Wall graphix at Target)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Hmmm, suprised didn't see a thread on this yet. Guess I will start, :)

CAN'T WAIT!!! The FORCE is strong with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvKQOJZXcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKGXHMH0xkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ51hx3wGgI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9sQaQV6Ag

Toys R Us - Get a $20 Gift Card when you buy the game.

Circuit City: Pre-order and get a Free T-shirt

Best Buy: Same T-Shirt same as CC. You also get $5 off the TFU Lightsaber.

Target: Pre-order and get a cool Wall Graphix

Gamestop: Pre-order and get a Free StormTrooper Action Figure
100_1691.jpg

Blockbuster: Pre-order and get a Free laser print
TFUprint.jpg

Lucas Arts/Star Wars Shop: Free comic http://shop.starwars.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=1222498_img1;key2=-100_img1

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I'm really disappointed with the offerings for this game. Target is the only pre-order bonus I've read about and there're no Special/Limited/Collector's/Premium editions to speak of.

[quote name='the_punisher']It looks liek it will be bad. I WANT IT to be good, but the trailers so far look pretty crappy.[/QUOTE]

Not to thread shift, but. Disappointingly, I feel the same way. When I first heard about the game, I was really excited -- The screenshots, the crazy use of force powers, it all looked really good. But, now that I've seen actual gameplay, I'm not that impressed. I'll be waiting for reviews on this one.

I think the trailers look very good, actually. The focus on close range combat mixed with special moves looks DMC-esque and not halfassed like Too Human. I think the trailers look bad only because the people playing are bad or they're too busy trying to showcase the physics engine. I'm hoping that this game will have an intricate combo system.

I think there's still a lot of potential as long as they don't make the apprentice godly in the beginning, but let him gain skills.

I'm not even really treating this as a Star Wars game. As long as you can pull off very cool looking and skill based combos, I'm sold.

[quote name='GuardianE']So far I'm really disappointed with the offerings for this game. Target is the only pre-order bonus I've read about and there're no Special/Limited/Collector's/Premium editions to speak of.[/quote]

yea, but since the entire dev team was laid off right after the game was completed, it would be somewhat weird to have a bonus disc with their interviews etc and they're not there anymore.

[quote name='LiK']yea, but since the entire dev team was laid off right after the game was completed, it would be somewhat weird to have a bonus disc with their interviews etc and they're not there anymore.[/quote]

What're the details/reasons behind that move? I heard about it, but never read into it.

The game looks OK, but "The Apprentice" just looks too damn powerful which, I think, would take away from the challenge of the game. If he was a Jedi that needed to sneak into enemy locations, that would be the shit.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']The game looks OK, but "The Apprentice" just looks too damn powerful which, I think, would take away from the challenge of the game. If he was a Jedi that needed to sneak into enemy locations, that would be the shit.[/quote]

Eh, it's not Metal Gear Jedi and I'm glad for that.

I think that as long as you don't have all the powers at the beginning and you slowly accrue them, then that would be perfectly acceptable.

Well i've actually played a little of the game already.
Like 10 mins worth at comic-con. But i have to say it was pretty fun.
I mean they only had the generic "ship" level on demo there, pretty much what you see in the trailers but what interests me is actually the story and the apprentice's crew.
The trailers on youtube are just clips of moves and such they're not actually playing the game, trust me when your playing the game its more fluid and you just dont stand around all day mind throwing crap.
The controls are pretty simple but the force powers were a little awkward but i bet its just one of these things where you need to get use to it and then it should work fine.

I'm not really a star wars fan but i am pretty interested in playing more of it.
Not for retail 60 tho, hopefully a good deal around 40-50.

It's clear from the start, that the game will mainly focus on the 'Force' and 'Story', I don't think the game will have a bunch of quests, or puzzle-solvings, etc, but I might be wrong.

Looking at the trailers and demos, I think both 'Force' and 'Story' elements are pretty good.

Sadly, for RPG fan like myself, it won't be RPG but more like DMC meets Star Wars I think.

Look at the first trailer again, the story seem to be pretty deep and Epic, like a Star Wars movie of itself.

However, I don't know where better gameplay videos are at?

I think LucasArts's promotional dept NEED to step up the game with responses like these... one Month to go.

Oh, for those that don't know, pre-ordering at Target is so easy. You don't even have to cancel it to get your $5 back, just use it as a regular gift card on anything else. So I already pre-ordered there, but if BB/CC/etc have a better deal, I just use the GC on another item... no worries.:)

this must be instore only. I tried to find it online and couldn't. However it could just be that they have not put it up online yet. I would have liked to see what it looked like. Not really into the wall graphix so chances are unless something else comes out with it I will just hold off for a price drop.

[quote name='SuperJedi']It's clear from the start, that the game will mainly focus on the 'Force' and 'Story'[/quote]Gameplay? I love a game that neglects gameplay.

[quote name='guinaevere']Gameplay? I love a game that neglects gameplay.[/quote]

Gameplay is so 90's. ;)

Well, my impressions are that gameplay will be the focus of the game and hopefully it'll turn out that way. As long as it's a decent story that caters to the gameplay, I'm fine with that. I see a lot of potential either way for this game and I'm really hoping it turns out great.

[quote name='GuardianE']Eh, it's not Metal Gear Jedi and I'm glad for that.[/quote]
My point is that it would be nice to see it get mixed up a bit, somewhat like the original Jedi Knight where you're not powerful though the entire game.

We'll see, I'm glad to hear from supraazn that it plays better then it would appear, I'm just wondering what the longevity of that gameplay is.

And Guardian, I'm glad it's not Metal Gear Jedi .... after MGS4 I think I'd rather have a game where you actually play the story.

[quote name='guinaevere']Gameplay? I love a game that neglects gameplay.[/quote]

Main aspect of the Gameplay for this game is using the 'Force/DARK side of the force to be exact' to beat up/kill your foes.

That CAN be really fun! You can do a lot of things with the Force, ya know?

[quote name='InvaderZim']... still waiting for Star Wars Trilogy (arcade) to hit home consoles.[/QUOTE]

it was already out for 32X

[quote name='62t']it was already out for 32X[/quote]

Incorrect. The 32X game was based on a different Star Wars arcade game.

There is also a preorder bonus at shop.starwars.com of a mini comic. Aside from this and the Target graphix preorder are there any other preorder bonuses appearing? Neither so far is exactly appealing.

You guys can try out the Demo now (atleast on PS3, not sure on 360).

I found it to be fun, especially throwing troopers off the ledges. The reviews say that it lasts about 10-12 hours and it has no multiplayer, so i'm definately either going to rent, or wait for it to become 20-30 bucks on amazon.

I'm going to prob. get it day 1 with my $10 gift card at circuit city or best buy (have one for each), i just hope there's a bonus coming. The demo was excellent.

[quote name='spideymike']In Canada the GameStops there have a free Force Unleashed exclusive action figure of a Stormtrooper Commander, but as far as I know the deal isn't available in the US yet if at all.[/quote]

ooo, missed that, thx! Hopefully it's something that makes it to the US as well. Since there's a possibility I'll hold off preordering until the last minute.

Many people from the SW collecting community are saying that the Stormtrooper Commander fig (already being given at Canadian GS's) is going to be given out in the U.S. for preorders. Hasbro is notorious for not announcing exclusive deals...leaving it for the retailer.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Many people from the SW collecting community are saying that the Stormtrooper Commander fig (already being given at Canadian GS's) is going to be given out in the U.S. for preorders. Hasbro is notorious for not announcing exclusive deals...leaving it for the retailer.[/quote]

I got a stormtrooper figure for preordered battlefront years back at GS. This sounds right.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Anyone try the demo? It was alright. I'm personally more excited for Batman Arkham Asylum. Yay! TBA 2009! :bomb:[/quote]

Yeah, the demo did not really impress me, and I am also greatly anticipating that new Batman game.

IMHO No pre-order goodies = retailers don't think it will sell well OR they think the game can sell itself and doesn't need any goodies.I think its the former after playing the demo; not a bad demo at all,just way too overhyped and didn't blow me away the way I was expecting it to.As others have said I'll pick it up but not a full retail...

Personally, i think this game is not too shabby. Great character, good control, pretty cool Force concept. However, the "force" told me that this game will be on clearance for $20 by the time i get to it, lol.

I played Star Wars Galaxies for two years.... and this has to be better than that Sony trainwreck. I'm contractually obligated buy all star wars games and see all the movies, regardless of how bad they are. Only two good movies: "New Hope" and "Empire." And only two good games: "Tie Fighter" and "KOTOR." I'm shocked that I'm still a fan... Lucas has so much of my money it's ridiculous. And he'll get my money for this.

If you like Star Wars, you'll buy STFU, if not, then STFU ;)

According to www.galactichunter.com - here's a non-update on the Force Unleashed figure exclusive:

Don't you think it's about time that Hasbro (or the retailer responsible) announces where we can get that long overdue Force Unleashed Stormtrooper exclusive figure? The game is due to be released in just under a month from now. You'd think that whoever wants us to spend our money in their stores to get the game and exclusive figure would want to make it that much easier on us?
--GalacticHunter

[SIZE=-1][COLOR=#fffff]You'd think so, but Hasbro (for some reason or another) keeps a lot of exclusives under wraps until after their release, or never really promotes them at all. This seems to be one of them. It's a GameStop pre-order bonus, but there has yet to be any official announcement despite people actually being given the figure in Canada already. (On that note, does anyone in Canada want to make a very lopsided trade in your favor if you have one or two or three of these?) Generally the delay has to do with the retailer announcing the exclusive on their own, but they rarely do this-- so in this case, it just didn't happen. Like the entire Hasbro Star Tours line. I did some asking around, but didn't ask if the source would mind me divulging it. So I do have a confirmation from an official source that it will indeed be a GameStop exclusive in the USA, but with an asterisk-- the source didn't say or know how GameStop will distribute it. So I called GameStop to ask, and they answer my questions like I'm insane. So you may wish to pre-order the game, or if you have a friend who works there, ask them and tell me what they tell you. I'm a little shocked they don't know about it if it's a pre-order bonus-- for all I know they'll put it in the stores for $15 because shmucks like me will probably buy it. It really is obnoxious. As a person who loves toys and video games, you'd think they'd want to attract my business, but no. (Say, does anyone have access to these from Canada and want to get a bunch of Legacy/Clone Wars stuff in a trade wildly unfair in your favor? Email me.)
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I asked a Gamestop store Manager (a nice and credible one at that) and she said that the figure was going to be given out at the midnight launch of the game to those who come and pick up their preorder. She said they were trying to give an incentive for people to come to the midnight 'events'.

I might have to pre-order this at Gamestop just for the figure. But I really don't want to pay $60 for this game. I guess I can return it and get it later.......

bread's done
Back